Having problems with PulteGroup?

+1 678 245 5242 (Altanta, GA)
+1 843 460 9360 (Savannah)
+1 800 664 3094 (Arizona)
+1 800 762 5858 (The Reno Area, NV)
+1 877 337 8583 (Colorado)
+1 888 739 4393 (Rhode Island)
+1 703 359 7480 (Frederick County & Eastern Shore)
+1 888 898 9712 (Florida)
+1 352 291 7350 (The Ocala Area, FL)
+1 866 313 9950 (Tampa, FL)
+1 888 898 9714 (Treasure Coast, FL)
+1 904 363 0482 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 855 618 0727 (The Orlando Area, FL)
+1 847 639 6038 (Missouri)
+1 877 785 8348 (Indiana & Kentucky)
+1 888 686 0269 (Virginia)
+1 866 618 0640 (Michigan & Minnesota)
+1 800 664 3089 (Las Vegas Area, NV)
+1 877 686 4379 (Pennsylvania)
+1 505 761 9606 (New Mexico)
+1 704 414 7031 (North Carolina)
+1 877 831 2779 (Oregon & Washington)
+1 843 740 7270 (South Carolina)
+1 615 550 2045 (Tennessee)
3350 Peachtree Road, NE
Atlanta, Georgia

Complaints & Reviews

they build junk

I'm the second owner of a Pulte townhouse in Illinois which is now about 5 years old. What a dump. Terrible, substandard construction throughout.

Drywall seams between ceiling and walls are separating in every room in the place. The floors squeak (more like groan) in the master bedroom (two different spots), upstairs hallway, dining room and living room. I've lived in 100 year old houses that didn't have floor noise like this.

The stairs between the first and second floor creak so much, I fear I will have to tear out the carpeting and repair.

The kitchen light between the windows isn't even centered and you have to swag it to the side anyway so you can put a table under it. If you leave it in original position the refrigerator door slams into the chairs (nice job by the architect!).

Don't ever buy from this builder. The models look wonderful. The actual homes are junk.

• Ac
    Acclanea Perry Mar 14, 2011

Itotally agree with all the complaints about Pulte Homes. We purchased from them several years back and our down payment was secured by a bridge loan on our first home. The market basically crashed during the process, but before Pulte would exted the loan 30-60 days, which their companies provided, they started forclosure on our first home. Fortunae for us, we were able to carry two mortgages fo over one year. Within 24-36 months our Pulte home began to show wear; wood peeling, bricks molting, windows falling apart…and my neighbors have had worse problems.

awful house

Pulte homes sold me a house that rot in structure. Legally I was not allowed to sell it. Due to mold and white flakes from drywall repairs that lasted for seven months my family were evicted into hotel. I was seriously stressed and delivered a baby prematurely in smoky Las Vegas hotel. How come I face punitive damages if I sell defective house, but Pulte Homes hasn't paid for damages it caused? My house lost over one million of its value and my baby got damaged during and after delivery. I would have made it to a hospital if I had lived in that Pulte home, but the hotel was too far away. Baby's respirator, physiotherapy and orthopedic devises were paid by me as well.

scam

We went to Skybrook North in Concord NC to visit a Pulte Model only to fall in love with this home and actually made an offer, verbally accept the counteroffer, when the sales rep kim powell tried to pull bait and switch on my contract we we asked her about correct numbers she stated that she would get that completed after another appointment because she had no where to print the new contract and low and behold she sold the home to her next appointment, she had to have that contract with her and never planned to sell us the home.

• Ac
    Acclanea Perry Mar 14, 2011

fraud

Pulte Home Orlando fl Fraud rip off. Reasons why you should not purchase a home from Pulte Homes or other...

fraud

Pulte home orlando fl fraud rip off. Reasons why you should not purchase a home from pulte homes or other...

poor workmanship

Bought a new home from Pule. Sun City Texas. Driveway had a crack going from one end to the other. The only driveway on the block with the crack. I pointed it out and was assured that they would replace the driveway.

After 3 years I'm still trying to have them repair or replace it.

Now I'm told that the warranty is only for 2 years. They now will do nothing about it.

What a bunch of crooks. Do not buy a home from Pulte. They are not ethical or honest .

windows

We bought a house August of 2009 and have had problems with the windows from day one. Our compliants have been taking lightly and they refuse to do anything about it calling it normal. My windows all throughout my house have condensation and have so much air coming through them. NO im not being drastic I have my heater on constantly running and we still need a blanket to sit on the couch in the family room. They have an excuse for anything and everything even before I ask the question. I have mold now growing within the window seal and they call it dirt. instead of offering to have a company of my choice inspect the windows they say nothing and keep bringing the shady company that installed the windows. Lets face it they just don't want to pay the money to fix it nor stand behind their warrenty that they give and they never give anything in writing that's to cover their ### and they can do that becasue it's them against us...Also they put these outrageous claus so it make it hard for us to do anything about it... Our hard earned money down the drain to a shady builder. I would never by a Pulte home again nor Centex since they are one in the same. Buyers beware don't buy... If it's not one thing it's another thing.

• Se
    SeenTooMuch Jan 08, 2010

Check out www.poorlybuiltbypulte.info and you'll find MANY kindred souls!

Sari K Mar 31, 2010

Did your Pulte Homes Inc. house have college kid as supervisor during construction, like mine did? Was your customer service personnel totally inexperienced also? My Pulte Homes in Las Vegas was very baddly built. Grout was missing in bathrooms and drywalls turned green with black dots on them! My Pulte Home was more than double the price of my KB home which I sold for a good profit. Customer service for Pulte homes was unable to find the right contractor to fix mold issues, the repair work took almost a year to begin. My house was impossible to live in and sell so recently I gave it back to bank after living in another property (not built by Pulte) for three years. Living in a smoky Las Vegas hotel room caused permanent bodily harm for my baby and his birth and early delivery was caused by stress. I will never buy Pulte Group home again! They should be held responsible for damages they cause and fix problems in timely manner.

very poor fit and finish

Hands down the worst drywall finish, door frame finish I have ever experienced in my life. We were rushed...

pulte lean on the wrong home causing refi slow down.

Pulte has leveled a lean against my title and it is for the address 1180 Carnival, My home is 1180 FESTIVAL...

scam and cheating

Bought their home new in 2003. While doing a very quick(due to closing) walk through the house, we already found a closet door had been busted; access door to the attic was half painted and garage floor was full of small chunk of ductwork cement. The construction manager at that time promised us it will be taken care of by the time we get back from our closing. Not quite! The garage floor wasn't completely cleaned up! One of the key that was given to us wasn't fitting properly which eventually broke off inside the padlock.

After a few weeks, we started noticing more imperfections in our house. Dishwasher wasn't hooked up right, i.e., we can't use at the first time; carpet wasn't properly installed, i.e., some corner area weren't covered correctly and some edges can easily pull it off by fingers. Kitchen countertop wasn't straight; bathroom towels handle started to disassemble and still could see the pencil trace where it was marked. Masterbedroom floor on one corner has a ductwork hole where it was just covered by the carpet. Corners started cracking in less than a year. Driveway started to crack in less than a year and half.

We complained of course but have to put up with different people and frustrations before we were listened to. Still, half of the 'warranty service' came back because it was only a PATCH work. It's no longer under 'warranty' and they wouldn't come back! We thought we were buying a quality home but we were so wrong. If quality wasn't our goal, we should have went with other builder like Richmond Homes AND for a cheaper price.

• Ro
    Ron 608 Jan 28, 2010

We bought a home new from Pulte. I pointed out that the driveway had a crack in it. Two car driveway and both sides were cracked.

I was assured that it would be repaired. Well it has now been 3 years and I'm still trying to get them to fix it. Had the company out today. I was now told that it is out of warranty and they will do nothing about it.

What a bunch of crooks !!!

sun city texas community association modification committee harassment

Three years after moving into Sun City, Texas, the Community Association Modification Committee is citing...

poor quality of the product

We have had a lot of negative experiences with Pulte's home construction. It seems they have undersized...

I'm done with them

I've recently started the process of buying a Pulte Home. I paid my deposit and I was hounded by Pulte...

lowest bidder

Drywall

The drywall of the residence appeared 'wavy, and not straight' when pulte was advised of this problem we were advised the drywall on the lids (Ceilings) of some rooms would need to be replaced, some rooms would be floated, and re-textured. Upon removal of the drywall on several ceilings (Master bedroom, upstairs loft, northwest bedroom, southwest bedroom) the framing / structural members were exposed. Upon viewing the way the framing was completed we found other major issues that were the underlying cause of the 'wavy' drywall. The structure of the house was not correct, causing the problems. (Which changed the promised repair time from 14 days to almost 3 months). Pulte never offered any 'alternative' living arrangement while the re-construction was being completed, so we were living in the home the whole time, enduring dust, floating fibreglass fibres released when the ceiling insulation was released by the removal of the ceiling drywall. *note* aside from the mess, the sub-contractor removed the ceiling light fixtures, and the smoke detectors from the home (Creating an issue of safety to the occupants, my family), the drywall contractor stated he did not have a license to reinstall the fixtures, and pulte would have to have an electrician reinstall the fixtures and smoke detectors. They stated it would take 3-4 days to get an electrician to do the work, in frustration I have a working knowledge of electricity, I reinstalled them my self (Good thing, as the original electrician had not ground any fixtures, as they are in plastic boxes, it was not possible the box could be grounded either).

Plumbing

March 6, 2006, pulte calls a sub-division meeting, inviting all people who live in our subdivision to attend, there will be refreshment served.

Finding out the meeting was to advise of a 'code violation' in the plumbing system. A plumber had 'discovered' a deficiency in the drain system, and numerous homes were affected. The problem was optional bathrooms, if you home has 4 toilets, it should have a 4' drain line to meet code, but it was found that most only had 3' lines, and they would be checking all the homes that meet this criteria. Only 1 home was found to actually meet the code, 35+ other homes did not. Pulte proposed a 'fix' which included a second 3' line from a toilet that was closest to an exterior wall (Some were powder baths, some were master baths depending on the home floor plan). The repairs to this home were to the master bath, which meant the toilet was to be removed, jack hammer a hole in the monolithic slab, dig a trench down the side of the home, tear out a large section of the driveway, as well as about 40% of the landscaping, dig a trench and install a second drain line. 4 days is what was promised, took over 6.

Cleanup of this was only partially completed by the pulte hired cleanup crew, when asked to complete the cleanup the subcontractor stated they had 'specific instruction to only clean the affected rooms (My master bath), although the contractor had tracked dirt, dust into 2/3rds of the lower floor of the home, they would not clean any additional. Including the garage floor, exterior walls (Due to the concrete cutting saw spewing dirty water over the entire front of the home and garage doors, as well as the concrete contractor splattering additional over the same. My family and I spent 3-4 days cleaning, pressure washing, dusting, and vacuuming the home.

Havc

Insufficient furnace upstairs

Insufficient evaporator coils (Both upstairs as well as downstairs)

Insufficient ductwork (Including return air ducts)

Manual left in firebox, causing a fire (Luckily enough I realized the smell of burning paper has a different smell than a new furnace, I extinguished before it totally burned down the home), fire destroyed all internal wiring of furnace.

All items listed above were presented to pulte in a formal request in june of 2005, after 15+ trips of pultes sub-contractor all items listed above were replaced (Piece by piece) final correction made to equal formal request december 2006 (Approximately 18 months of trial and error to get to something I made specific request for in june 2005).

Pulte had an independent company analyze my home, I made a formal request to receive a copy of this report, un-edited, and that pulte would follow the recommendations of this report to the 'letter' prior to allowing pulte to do any further testing.
Pulte representative agreed to provide a copy of this report, and to follow the recommendations of the report (Verbal agreement, and a handshake). I have yet to receive a copy of this report, even after they replied to a better business bureau complaint I made, in their response they stated we are engaging with an expert company as a third party inspector to perform an analysis and render a report. This process will be solidified within the next two weeks and any information will be communicated to the customer. This text was copy and pasted from that response verbatum.

Structural & framing

Major issues with the framing of the home, it was exposed when the drywall was torn out. Wide gaps in members, misaligned trusses, improperly installed trusses and floor joists. Pulte used a band aid approach to fix the problems, straightened what had to be straightened, and then just 'shimmed' the other to get the drywall straight...

Windows

This is an issue which is still in 'discussion'.

The facts:

Pulte has admitted the subcontractor who installed the windows did not follow the manufacturer's recommendations in the installation of the windows (Another issue that involves 30+ homes in this subdivision).

Pulte has agreed to replace all operable (Which means the window can be opened to allow airflow) windows.

At issue it the way in which pulte proposes the replacement of them.

I have proposed a more cost effective repair to the home which has no potential for problems with the stucco. Is more time friendly, and has no negative connotations.

Pulte's proposed repairs 4 weeks, major destruction to the stucco system, and an additional potential for weather ability problems, as well as potential for water intrusion. And in my humble opinion there are still questions of whether the repairs meet both manufacturer's recommendations, and local codes.

My proposed repair, 2-1/2 to 3 days of construction, very small amount (If any) stucco repair, lowered potential for weather / water intrusion. Cost equal or less than pulte's repair.

Stucco

Cause original window installer did not follow manufacturer recommendations for installation of the windows.

The stucco is an issue that is still in the discussion stage. There are no major defects in the stucco (Yet), but pulte's proposed method of repair has a potential for problems (As admitted by a pulte rep). The representative from pulte has made statements 'it's our (Pulte's) problem, we own it.' '... I understand what you are saying because there is a dry joint there, there is a potential for cracks, and we can't stop that, there no way in the world to stop that.' and the biggie 'I can't guarantee your home is going to be a hundred percent.'

In conclusion pulte uses band-aid tactics to repair problems. The first 2 years of our living in the home was not an enjoyable experience. Floor plan is great; the 'curb appeal' is great. The underlying home questionable at best.

I have had numerous independent contractors to my home for their opinion, all have the same basic statement 'these houses were built by the 'lowest bidder.'