Providian National BankUnfair Collection on account that I never opened

K

I discovered in 2003 that someone had opened up a Providian Credit Card account in my name, actualy my identity was stolen when a car was stolen in 1998-99 it took me several years to discover it. One account that was opened apparently was with Providian National Bank, credit card account when they found me to collect on a debt I filled out the paperwork letting them know this was not my debt..Some time went by and I heard nothing, until I received this threatening letter from Ozark Capitol Corporation which is actually a collection agengy ran by the Law form of Hosto & Buchan PLLC, by now we put our attorney on this, who entered a answer that this was not my debt but that my identity had been stolen, somehow this Law Firm manages to go to court anyway and get a Judgment for over $2, 000 in 2004, now in 2012 my checking account is garnished with penalties and interest for over $5300.00 for this judgment of which I never even knew existed...I plan on filing a complaint with the Attorney General Office, as well as The Law form, and the BBB, as well as filing a law suit against Providian National Bank, Ozark Capitol Corporation, & Host0 & Buchan, P.L.L C,

• Et
    ethos Aug 13, 2012

I think you can correct this whole thing including the judgement - go to debtorboards.com and post your question.

• De
    Deneale Williams Feb 11, 2015

I'm having the same issue currently!

• Je
    jeffrey ortoleva Apr 21, 2017

I recently was contacted by a Debt Acquisition Company/Debt Collector named C & M Associates who claims I owe them money from a credit card issued by Providian Bank in 2003. I have never had a credit card from Providian nor have I ever received a Statement from them, never heard from a collection agency until now and there is no record of Providian Bank on my credit reports from Transunion and Experian or Credit Karma. What is up with this bank?? I know Providian was point A in the banking crisis of 2008 as they issued sub prime credit cards, sold off their debt to Washington Trust who was infamously involved in the sub prime mortgage business which lead to the Great Depression of 2008. Both of these banks were sued by many people for deceptive banking practices. Why, after 14 years, do I get a phone call saying I owe them money????

• Im
    Imno1uno Oct 17, 2018

@jeffrey ortoleva Same here after 11 years. I never had credit with them. They say I owe the same thing. .$3000. My lawyer will be on them like flies on crap! I will not allow them to disrupt my life. I say bring it on because I will sue the crap out of them right back.So let them bring it on!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices