The Merrick Bank Logo

The Merrick Bank

Having problems with The Merrick Bank?

The Merrick Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 204 5936 (Credit Cards)
+1 888 545 5777 (Recreational Lending)
+1 866 638 6851 (Certificates Of Deposit)
PO Box 5000
Draper, Utah
United States - 84020-5000
Overnight Payment
Attn: Lockbox Operations № 660702, 2701 East Grauwyler Road, BLDG 1, Irving, TX 75061

Credit Department
P.O. Box 1442, Draper, UT 84020-1442

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Merrick Bank Customer Service. Initial The Merrick Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Merrick Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Merrick Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with The Merrick Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

The Merrick Bank CorporationTwo direct fdcpa violations

I called merrick bank after receiving a notice to cancel my card after 16 years with you, as I lost my job but was still making monthly payments, but due to merrick banks essisive charges it would push my monthly amout over the limit. I called and asked how and if I can get the card reopeded and the agent said yes if I paid $316 they will reopen the account, I borrowed and paid $350 direct, a few days later I called to confirm paymnet received and was told that payment was received but they will not reopen the account. I asked for a supervisor and explained as I did to you, she said she will listen to the tape and call me back. After no call back I called merrick back they doid confirm the fdcpa violations but said nothing will be done to correct it.

Robert wheaton [protected]

The Merrick Bank CorporationCredit card customer service

Very poor customer service. I called to activate a replacement card. After I gave the employee my whole card number he asked for my ssn. I had already supplied my name, credit card number, last 4 of my social, home phone, cell phone. When I questioned him why he needed my ssn too, he said he would not activate the card without it and got snippy and then. ask for my mother's name too. Really! I'm not happy about my experience with this bank.

The Merrick Bank CorporationRandom shutdown of account without notification

I have had a Merrick Bank card for over 2 years. Recently I have had multiple fraudulent charges atleast 4-5 times in 6-8 months. I get issued a new card everytime no issues. The last one a couple weeks ago I get a new card I activate it and it's declined. I call the credit card company and am informed my account is closed because of high risk fraud. I never received any letter of it being deactivated or anything of that nature. How is it my fault that i have people making fake copies of my card or stealing my information. Horrible business practices from this bank.

The Merrick Bank CorporationChanging my payment method from my debit visa to my credit card visa

I submit my debit visa #5310 for, method of payment, to play the gsn games, I have used this debit visa card, dated back to 2016. As of June 8, 2017, an unauthorized person went into my account and changed my debit visa #5310, to my credit visa of Merrick bank #4743, Merrick bank claims I used credit visa #4743, starting June 8, 2017 to play the gsn games; in-turn, Merrick bank charge my credit visa card #4743 with them $236.00 for games played. Someone switched my debit visa #5310 to the Merrick visa # 4743 without my authorization.
        GSN stated ""secure payment"" How did this fraudulent transaction occur without my knowledge??
        I DO HAVE, 100% proof, I did not used Merrick visa card #4743, to play the games, dated June 08, 2017 etc.
        A fraud has been committed, I request to have those charges removed off my Merrick visa #4743, total $236.00, my balance for Merrick visa should be @264.00. PLEASE RESPOND vera Jackson

Merrick Bank — Credit card

I have had an account with Merrick bank for years. I get my bill in the mail every month, despite signing up...

Merrick Bank — worst bank ever

I had my account with advanta bank which was bought out by Merrick in 2010. I never received anymore...

Merrick Bank — Heartless

When my father died, my mother lost half of her income. She called all her credit cards and worked out...

Merrick Bank — Lies

Merrick bank holds my payment for a week before posting money to my account.Now my airline tickets cost more...

Merrick Bank — rip off

In light of the economy and Banks getting bazillions of tax payer dollars to make things easie for people...

Merrick Bank — unauthorized charges

Every 15 of the month I get my monthly statement, I send the payment out the very same day, I send the...

Merrick Bank — scam and lies

I have had a credit card with Merrick Bank for over a year - I have never been late. My company closed and...