Protection Onetermination fee

I have been a client of Protection One for over a decade. In 2009 they offered e-Secure, which allows remote arming and disarming of service. I signed up. They installed some new hardware. The process restarted the contract for a 3 year period. I sold my home in 2011, with 10 months left on the contract. There is no "buy-out" option, I am simply responsible for the rest of the contract. I completely understand the terms of the contract. My issue is that the provider/client relationship is meaningless. For $450 this company has now lost me as a client forever.