Having problems with Priceline.com?

Priceline.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 15, 2006. The latest review Reservations was posted on Oct 15, 2021. The latest complaint car rental was resolved on Jan 03, 2020. Priceline.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 575 reviews. Priceline.com has resolved 86 complaints.

Priceline.com Customer Service Contacts

800 7742 3546 (International)
1800 123 3316 (Mexico)
+1 877 477 5807 (USA & Canada)
+44 207 136 8462 (United Kingdom)
+61 282 239 711 (Australia)
+64 99 200 062 (New Zealand)
+31 202 008 497 (Netherlands)
+82 234 837 211 (South Korea)
+1 800 774 2354 (Caribbean)
+1 888 751 9159 (Dominican Republic)
800 Connecticut Ave.
Norwalk, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Priceline.com Customer Service. Initial Priceline.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Priceline.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Priceline.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Priceline.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Priceline.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

Priceline.comair ticket refund

I bought 3 air tickets with this company. Two to Brazil (my wife and I # [protected]) and another to Lima Peru (me only # [protected]).
The problem is that we just have being told that we cannot leave the USA while our change of status is pending.

"If You Leave the United States While Your Application Is Pending
If you are applying for adjustment of status under INA section 245, and you travel anywhere outside the United States
(including brief visits to Canada or Mexico) while your application is pending, USCIS will deny your Form I-485"

We didn't know that before. If we did, we would not have bought the tickets because it might take 18 months to get the green card. So me and my wife cannot leave USA during the period of time.
Even thought it is not our decision, they want to charge 300 dollars EACH to put on hold for up to 12 month (not enough) or we just lose the money.
That is absurd.
First and last time we buy thru this company. I do not recommend. I do, at least, 3 international trips per year and never had this kind of problem.

Priceline.comcar rental

I booked a car reservation online using Priceline . The charged my debit card at the time for the rental plus the insurance . I printed the form they provided to take to pick up the car the next morning at National Car Rental at the local airport . When I got there I waited in line for half an hour while 1 person at the counter waited on us . There were 9 of us in line.When I got to the front of the line finally I was told they would not rent to me because I had a debit card but not a credit card to use, even though the debit card I had, had already been billed the night before by Priceline . I spent $50 on cab fare to get to the airport and to return home after I had to cancel my trip due to this mistake Priceline had made . Did Priceline not know of National's policy even though they were in business with them ? Why did they give me paperwork and direct me to go pick up the car if they knew it was going to be wasted effort and expense and cause great frustration to me . And Priceline's final act was to charge me $20 to "cancel " my reservation . I even talked to a supervisor to try to get a full refund. It seems they would rather have $20 than provide fair treatment to their customers . I think I deserved a full refund plus something for what they needlessly put me through . I did nothing wrong . It was their mistake . For the record I had used the same debit card a month earlier to rent a car through Travelocity and Enterprise with no problems. Unforunitely I was not able to use them again because I had to reserve a car at the last minute and they did not have any cars available this time . I certainly will never use Priceline or National again . They are both a mess !

Priceline.comhotel room

I booked hotel room in los angeles. When I booked I convert us dollar to new zealand dollars. After I got confirmation letter
      I found it show US currency. I contact the priceline and complained that they charge me US dollar instead of New zealand dollar.
      Priceline trip no. [protected] USD 163.97
      [protected] USD 143.97
      [protected]. USD134.97

When I booked these hotel I convert to New zealand dollar.
      If you should try to book your own hotel room and convert to new zealand dollar and see what happens.
      Then you might find out your system has errors.
      I am not happy about rip off.
      When I saw the price in new zealand dollar and I thought the price is reasonable so I accept and click then letter show me USD.
      My visa card show me $247.94 $204.09 $217.70.
      My telephone no is [protected].
      Please find out your system faulty.

Priceline.comhotels accommodations

Called the number to Priceline on the Apple app. Was given the option to select my travel issue by the date of my trip. I was redirected to booking.com who Claimed they updated the check in and checkout dates with the hotel. Arrived at hotel and bam nothing updated but Priceline was paid in full.
        So here I sit 400 miles
        From
        Home in a hotel that is fully booked up without and updated reservation who
        Just made me pay half the cost of my entire trip for 1 night. I still haven't resolved the issue of the last night yet!

Priceline.compriceline customer care

I am calling to get a refund for a cancelled JetBlue flight. Trip# [protected]. I am currently on hold with Priceline customer care for 1 hour and 26 minutes. Jet Blue made the reservation OPEN Staus with ticket# [protected]. I would like a refund for the cancelled flight from Las Vegas to NYC Flight # 2945. I am now on the phone on hold for 1 hour and 34 minutes. You company has horrible customer care.

Respond

Priceline.comtwo different cofirmations received for a single transaction online hotel booking ([protected] and [protected])

Dear Sir/Madam,
            Few hours ago I made an online booking to Snooze Inn (Brisbane - Fortitude Valley) on 06 July 2018 to 11 July 2018 via your web site. However, within two minutes time, I received two different cofirmations [protected] and [protected] respectively for the same transaction. Therefore please consider this matter urgently and take immediate steps to reverse only one transaction and payments (if any) as it could be a repetition of my single transaction. Appreciate your ptompt reply and verification on the correct confirmation number.
            - Sasindu

Pricelineflight

I purchaced round trip tickets. My fathers health failed, so I contacted Priceline to get my departure ticked at a sooner date. They charged me for a full fair and a service fee. One hour later they left a message that the price had increased another 100.00. and if I did nothing the ticked would stay as originally booked. I booked a sooner flight with another carrier and when I went to use the return ticket it was cancled. I spent almost 2 hours with one the phone initially to change my departure ticket only and leave the return ticket. The operator was rude, unhelpful and in the end hung up on me. This is not a company I will ever do business with again. To say the least they have no moral code.

• Updated by Jolene Anderson · Jul 03, 2018

OH, yea they cancled the return flight on me. I had to pay for another flight.

Respond

Priceline.coma motel room that I booked online via priceline.com

I booked a motel room on the Priceline.com website and selected a motel from their list at a lower rate. I understand that being that the rate is lower the room is probably not as nice as others. However, when I arrived at the location I was in disbelief at what I came across. This place was like something out of the 1980s crack era. There were sketchy looking people lurking all throughout the parking lot. I think this could be a gathering place for homeless/drug addicts to congregate at. There were men approaching me asking me how I was doing, which made me very uncomfortable. I had called the front desk clerk moments before I arrived making sure my reservation had gone through and telling him I would be there within 10 minutes and when I got there there was a sign on the door that said be back in 10 minutes and I had to wait until he returned in order to proceed. The website said I could not get a refund. When I finally spoke with the manager I told him my concerns and that I felt uncomfortable and unsafe and that I was unaware that this motel was in the condition that it was in. He seemed somewhat standoffish by what I had to say, trying to make light of what was going on in the parking lot. He even went so far as to describe one of the men that I had mentioned was one of the ‘lurkers' saying, "oh was he a big guy with light skin and curly" I then cut him off and said "Idon't know. I don't remember." I then told him about some vagrant woman who was asking ppl for cigarettes and he looked at me as though he was very puzzled and had no clue who thE woman was. Almost as if he didn't believe me. That's when I said "I don't care what they look like, I just feel unsafe". Anyways, after realizing that it was going to be hell to get my refund I said I would stay. I travel with some basic cleaning products in my trunk so I thought if there's anything wrong with the room I can always clean it myself. Well, the room was disgusting. It appeared that the maid, IF they've even had a maid, did not clean anyhing. The floors were dirty. There was fingerprints & smudges all over the doors, door handles. Crumbs and debris all over the floor. There was an actual intact sack of baby spiders, as well as spider webs. there was a used motel bar soap left in the drain opening of the bathtub. There are several different holes in the walls of this room. Bodily fluids splattered on the wall beverage, food splattered on the wall. There is dirt along every baseboard. Curly hairs found woven through the bedding & stuck to the mattress. Repulsive looking stains all over the mattress & box frame. Ripped curtains with holes that impair privacy. Dust and debris on/in the air filter of the air conditioning unit. Oh yeah and the air-conditioner? Did not work at all. All of the television channels were completely fussy and not hard to see. And I was forced to listen to and neighbors having sex all night. This place didn't even provide a single clothes hanger. The bottom line I am shocked that Priceline would represent such a horrible place. Do you not realize what types of hotels are offered on your website? This place is a dive! The worst of the worst! I cried when I saw this place. You have lost my respect for this one Priceline. Are used to trust hotels/motels on your website but now i don't. My advice to you Priceline is to do some inventory on who you have listed as unavailable property on your website. Because this is unacceptable.

Priceline.comcancellation scam

I was booking a hotel with Priceline using a laptop. My computer dropped on the floor and become a black screen, so I use the mouse to randomly click and accidentally hit the cancel button. The booking and canceling happened within an hour. I called the Priceline customer service right away to explain I did not mean to cancel the rooms and I want to keep that order. However, they still want to charge me $277 for that cancellation. According to FTC's Cooling-Off Rule, I believe I am entitled to the full refund of the cancellation fee.

Priceline.comcar rental extra charges

Hello. I search for weeks find a good prices for car rental I was only going to have it for 4 days and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg when $39 a day popped up today for Priceline. I was so excited I was getting ready to pay the 248 total and when I went to check out after my card info it switch to 389 and immediately charge me I couldn't go back! I chatted with a Priceline specialist and I tried called to speak to a manager which I guess was unavailable and they said there was nothing they could do about it so now I'm paying $389 as opposed to 248 money that I do not have and there's nothing I could do about it I will never in my life use Priceline!! I called immediately after it happened within 5 minutes it is not my fault the page changed I would no way in heck ever pay that much money for a car rental especially because I'm not going to be using it that much.

Respond

Priceline.commy luggage got stolen from my hotel room

We checked in 4PM, the front desk gave me a room, rm 307, a one bed smoking room and very far away. As my wife has mobility problem, Immediately we want to cancel the reservation but the front desk lady said the room was booked by Priceline, we could not change it. When we wanted to walk away to different hotel, she gave me a room right next lobby on first floor. After we came back from dinner, our luggage were stolen, everything were gone, most of all, without medication my wife were so sick until we got home in California.

I called police and police report indicated the clerk was not cooperative.

I want you guy to change the rating of the hotel so less people will hurt.
                      Also the way Priceline Customer Service handle this incident is just to ask the Hotel manager to call me. I have placed many chat and phone calls to Priceline Customer Service and Hotel, same result, the Hotel manager never called me.
                      Until I put a very bad survey to the Hotel, then Hotel manager called me.

And I like to have compensation for my lost of luggage just like Airline lose bag.

Here is my detail of reservation and the Priceline request number

"
                      Customer Care Consultant.

Please call us at [protected]
                      enter the following information:
                      Your request number [protected].

Thursday, June 21, 2018 (03:00 PM)
                      Check-out: Friday, June 22, 2018 (11:00 AM)
                      Hotel Address: 7393 W Jefferson Ave

Hotel Confirmation Number: [protected]

Thanks
                      Jim

Priceline.comcustomer service

Last October I had a terrible stay at a hotel booked by Priceline.
                        Priceline admitted the mistake an gave us a 30% coupon to make up for it.
                        We finally had time to go away again and found a vacation to book and all of a sudden a whole bunch of new rules were thrown into the mix.
                        Well second vacation ruined by priceline!!
                        You guys have to be written off,
                        I will be posting my story everywhere because you guys are simply dishonest

Priceline.comcar rental #[protected]

I made this reservation of Hertz car in Brisbane Australia through you today.
                          By mistake I entered the wrong date for pickup: July 22nd - instead of the correct date July 23rd. Since there is a full month before the date of the rental and because the term of the rental said that it is subject to cancellation or modification I assumed that it should be no problem to change it or cancel it. However, when trying to do this I found that it is impossible. When I contacted your agents they referred me to Hertz. But Hertz representatives insisted that since the reservation was made by you and pre-paid to you - they cannot modify or cancel it. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with both Priceline and Hertz representatives on this and they kept running me back and forth each saying that it is the other company's responsibility.
                          I would appreciate if you could sort this problem ASAP.
                          Yoav Dotan

• Updated by Yoav Dotan · Jun 23, 2018

I made this reservation of Hertz car in Brisbane Australia through you today.
                              I would appreciate if you could sort this problem ASAP.
                              Yoav Dotan

Priceline.comhotel reservation

Last night I booked a room in Medford, Oregon (Priceline Trip Number: [protected]). When I arrived at the hotel, the clerk said that there were no rooms available. I asked if he'd received the reservation. He said, yes, but that there were no rooms available. A man standing behind me overheard the conversation and asked if his reservation would be honored. "Yes, " said the clerk. "I have rooms for everyone else; just not for Priceline." The clerk said that Priceline routinely books rooms that are not available. After the encounter, I checked, that the hotel was still available on Priceline but the rates had increased. I called Priceline to ask what was going on. The representative called the hotel and reported back to me that the clerk had offered me a room at another property. I told the Priceline rep that that wasn't true; that he'd only recommended that I try a Motel 6 down the road. The Motel 6 is known for prostitution and drugs. The Priceline reviews are quite bad. I declined.

Later that night, I received an email confirming that my reservation had been cancelled, but warning me that this was an unusual case and that I should not expect a refund in the future.

I'm incredibly frustrated. Why would Priceline book rooms in a hotel that does not honor those reservations? I ended up driving an hour to a friend's house. I use Priceline a lot. Please tell me why I should trust Priceline in the future? And why Priceline does business with hotels that don't honor their reservations or their customers?

Cael Weston
                            [protected]

Priceline.comservice/charges

My name is Faye Haddad and after being on the road for hours this morning with two infant children I submitted an online reservation at Priceline.com for they Hyatt at Plymoth Meeting. Upon submitting my CC info I received a message saying invalid card so I resubmitted my CC info and got the same message so for the 3rd time I entered my CC info again and still got the same invalid card message. Instantly I received a call from BOA about 3 pending charges in the amount of $165.00 each.
                              After speaking with BOA I was advised to call Priceline where your first rep told me that Hyatt website was updating inventory.. fair enough, BUT that is NOT the message I received. Had I received that message I would not have resubmitted my CC details 3 times... Priceline submitted false information - terrible business. I asked to speak to a supervisor regarding this and I spoke with Ian who told me to take it up with my bank which is poor customer service saying that the charges are pending and will drop off in 5 days... well that's all good and dandy but NOT my problem... he offered to call BOA but then asked if I was comfortable giving my fill CC details.. ABSOLUTELY NOT!! why would I trust Priceline or their rep with my personal details when they falsified information regarding the reservation I tried to book... I asked for his supervisor and was transferred to Josh, ID nbr 5260462who basically repeated what Ian ID nbr 526046 said and that is all he could do. He kept insisting that the bank will drop the charges and that Priceline is not the one holding my funds but rather my bank... HOW??? BoA wouldn't not have pending charges if Priceline didny submit them? Seriously!!! He then offered to conference call BOA to have funds released. He at least did not ask for my personal info like Ian... again clearly me giving Ian my personal details was not correct protocol as Josh didn't. BOA rep, confirmed that they do not remove holds. Josh asked to speak with a supervisor at BOA, well that was not up for debate- THEY DO NOT REMOVE HOLDS...
                              So, here I am on the road with 2 infants, still no reservation, my money tied up with Priceline for 5 business days and ALL Priceline could do was tell me it's not their fault and that I should attempt to rebook after refreshing the page. How do they suppose I do that when 500.00 on my CC is being held for the next 5 days. I CAN NOT make another reservation because of the hold. Priceline has caused my children and I to have to sleep in out car. Did not assist in contacting the hotel or offering a reservation for us. BAD BUSINESS. I will NOT be using Priceline ever again and I will be sure to share my situation publically. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.

Priceline.comhotel booking

I booked a 4D3N trip to the The Park, Calangute, Goa via Priceline.com for 5th-8th July 2018 for 2 people. When I booked the trip, I received a summary of the invoice saying the total cost is 35, 700 INR. It also mentioned that the money can be deducted anytime after the booking. The next day(9th June 2018) when I see my credit card transaction, it says 45, 696 INR have been deducted from my account. To my surprise, I called Priceline.com to check if it was a mistake. The first person, Marta B. told me its a mistake from Priceline and I can cancel the reservation if needed. As I wanted this reservation, I asked her if the extra charge can be refunded and she hung up on me. Next time I call and Simon attended my call. He said he will ask the property if anything can be done as these are the taxes deducted via the property. I told him that NO WHERE IN MY EMAIL CONFIRMATION AND MY ITINERARY IT IS MENTIONED THAT I WILL BE CHARGED ~10, 000 INR more than what was showed to me in the mail. He told me the taxes will be refunded but I ill have to complete the trip. Instead, I can cancel the reservation for free.
                                When I asked them to cancel, I received no response.
                                I call them on 11th June, ask them why the reservation is not cancelled. To my surprise, they tell me now the reservation is not free and priceline is not responsible for any extra charges deducted from my credit card. They were plain rude and told me that I should have checked the property's page before booking.
                                If I had to book directly from the property, I would not have booked it via Priceline.com at all.
                                Now they are telling me that if you cancel the reservation, entire amount will be charged.
                                This is worst of the customer service I have received so far. Such fraud has never happened with me. Priceline refuses to take responsibility of this and tell me that they cannot answer my questions!

I am never going to book anything again via priceline.com/ booking.com and I will make sure no one else around me books it as well.

I also think that just because I am an Indian, they are being racist and do not want to help me!

Priceline.comcar rental

I purchased a car rental through Priceline.com, with Alamo. About 3 hours later I went to pick up the rental but was turn away before even being processed. Unless you have a round trip ticket the airport rental car companies such as Alamo will not take a debit card. I'm not sure why this policy exists but it does, and they wouldn't even take a large deposit.
                                  Priceline would only give me a partial refund. They wanted to charge me a $69.00 cancelation fee, almost 33% of the cost, for a reservation that was at this point about 4 hours old and for an issue that was not my fault.
                                  I will deal directly with my bank and get a full refund. After the inconvenience Priceline has put me through they want to charge me almost $70.00. Not if I have to say anything about it.

Priceline.comairfare booking

I booked a roundtrip from Hartford to Albuquerque for August 3rd departure and an August 9th return. I am a disabled veteran attending the annual veterans golden age games. When I looked at all my info all was correct. Upon booking when I printed out the itinerary it said I was returning on the 8th I called but being it was late evening there was no one to take care of my issue. Needless to say when I finally communicated with someone the following day they said nothing could be done. I booked it 101 days before my departure date been trying to get someone to help and still no one can. Please help. I wait all year for this veterans reunion and now I'm having this problem that well make my trip not worth it cause the big day is the 8th when all the metals trophy and celebrations is held .

1 Response
                                      • Complainant20091 Jun 09, 2018

Good day Jose Lefty Allende!
                                        There is insufficient data in your complaint (e-ticket/boarding pass/booking details).
                                        It is addressed to noone.
                                        In addition, Priceline is not the air carrier, nor the agent make discounts for veterans.

Such complaint can not be handled by anyone fairly.

I am not associated with Priceline.com .

Sorry,
                                        manager for ICAO/IATA irregulation matters
                                        e-mail: aryan(AT)vivaldi.net
                                        air.irregulations(AT)asia.com .

Priceline.comair flight tickets

I purchased two flight tickets on June 5th from Washington DC to Cairo through Priceline. When I went to check in at the airport, the person at the desk told me that I needed a visa in order to make two stops in Europe. I told them that I was not aware of that and they told me that the travel agency should have notified me of that requirement before booking. I called multiple numbers on my confirmation email and when my call was answered, I was told to call a different number. Finally when I got through someone with Priceline, about 1 hour of trying to speak to someone that can help me. The lady on the phone asked me many questions and was not aware of the visa requirement herself so I had to have someone at the airline desk at the airport speak to her and explain why I cannot take this flight because of visa restrictions. After a long discussion with her, she told me that it was too late to make any changes because the flight was about an hour away and would not help me. They told me that I would have to solve the issue at the airline desk at the airport. I asked to speak to a supervisor or a manager and I was put on hold for 30 minutes then hung up on. I then quickly went to the airline desk and they changed my flight to only have one layover in Europe instead of two and charged me about $1, 200. I don't think that I should be responsible for paying this amount. The travel agent at Priceline failed to tell me about the requirement while booking the flight and did not help me when I called the day of my flight to change it. I would like to request for a refund. My number is [protected].

2 Responses
                                        • Complainant20091 Jun 07, 2018

Despite the said above correctly,
                                          there are some issues, which the author of the complaint did not know and does not know.

If the author wants to present the claim and does not know the result, kindly send
                                          1) your full name, city, email, phone for sms / evening contact (if any)
                                          2) your above text, add phone number of the agent
                                          3) e-ticket / receipt
                                          4) boarding pass
                                          5) page of passport, which show country and name
                                          6) notification for refusal for the June 5 flight

I (we) can present your claim before the air carrier and and before the authority for small charges :-
                                          1) USD35 before the claim, paybalr online
                                          2) 10+% after the compensation is issued: it must be payable by fault party after the final decision is in force.

Regards,
                                          manager for ICAO / IATA irregulations
                                          aryan(at)viavaldi.net,
                                          air.irregulations(at)asia.com,
                                          substitute antispam (at)[email protected]

• Wh
                                          What The Heck 85 Jun 06, 2018

It is your responsibility to find out what travel documents you need. Priceline is not a full service travel agency, that is why they are less expensive. You get what you pay for.

Priceline.comhotel “guarantee”

I was double charged for the hotel room ... once by Priceline and once by the hotel... the hotel billed me 101.00 and Priceline billed me 122.00 ... I promptly called Priceline to get my guarantee for the best price within 24 hours ... it was not a Priceline deal ... the Priceline agent proceeded to explain to me about profits that Priceline receives when booking an allotted amt of rooms... I told him I did not want to discuss profit and margins ... I just wanted my guarantee Priceline boasts about in their advertising... they did mention giving me a 5% discount voucher ... that was an insult ... I have to wait for my 101.00 ... they need to talk to the manager ... he or she was not responding ...