Complaints & Reviews

fraudulent practices

This company runs a internet site named Policeauctions.com... It is a compete fraud and I cannot understand why this company is allowed to operate. I have purchased a huge amount of items that were not as represented in fact the jewelry was all fake.. what can I do to recover the $20, 000 I spent... I am 80 yrs old and this is a disaster for me... I was

• Ju
    Julie Kennelly Aug 12, 2017

I had purchased a 1933 $10 Indian gold coin from police auctions.com, I paid $374.00 and it wasn't real gold coin.

• RainingStars Jul 18, 2018

@Julie Kennelly Was the $374.00 what you Bid on the 1933 $10.00 Indian coin, or was that what you paid for it? I've never seen anyone Bid that much, on any item, on PoliceAuction.com, unless it's for one of the more expensive items. Just so you know, the Red Strike-Through price you see, at the top right-hand side, of the Item is NOT what the item is valued at. It is what you can pay, for an item, if you want to buy it directly from the Site. PoliceAuctions.com NEVER posts the cost of what an item is valued for. All of these things ARE mentioned in the TOS, which you probably should have read, before you spent $374.00...You're mistake.

Everything I've Bid on, (8 items) and won has been REAL, and worth 14 to 42 times more than my Bids. My Garnet Ring, that I won for $17.00, is valued at $425.00 to $450.00, by my 2 Jewellers...My Tanzanite Ring, that I won for $39.00 is valued at $1600.00 to $1625.00, according to my 2 Jewellers...Swiss Blue Topaz Ring...Bid price, $13.00, valued at $600.00 to $625.00...Peridot earrings, won for $21.00...Valued at $300.00, to $325.00. These are just a few of the quotes, from my 2 Jewellers, on the Items I've won, on PoliceAuctions.com.

false billing

They billed me $7.95 for something I didn't order-the. Police Auction bulletin. I complained to PayPal to cancel the payment but it went through. I want a refund from these crooks!!! I see I'm not the only one they bilked!!!

you would be better burning your money

I...'won' a bunch of items I got for christmas presents before going overseas... They came over a period of days... Each sorta more of... A downright joke...2 items broken... A bit of plastic that wasm supposed to be an opal... You would be better burning your money and enjoying the heat or the color of the flame than you would sending them any...

this company has one of the most deceptive and dishonest companies with a website on the internet

This company has one of the most deceptive and dishonest companies with a website on the Internet! Avoid policeauctions.com at all costs! Their products offered are sub-standard Chinese made items with very little value and their signed memorabilia is mostly fake! More than likely they have someone in the back room signing worthless items that they then sell on their site as valuable signed memorabilia.

My experience with them was a nightmare! I bought a book that was represented to have an authentic signature in it and that signature turned out to be a 100% fake! I was told that if I returned the book I would be paid a full refund within 5 days of them receiving the book back. I got an RMA number and returned the book and after 7 days of not receiving my refund I called them and spoke with a fairly stupid sounding girl who said they would process the refund immediately. Of course I never got a refund and I opened up a PayPal dispute/claim. The company never answered the dispute/claim and continued not to issue the promised refund.

I then saw on their site that the returned fake item was re-listed and resold, so I called them again. Once again I spoke with the stupid sounding girl and this time she gave me a song and dance that they had indeed refunded me and even gave me a fake PayPal refund number. I called PayPal and they told me the refund number did not exist in their system. PayPal checked their PayPal account and confirmed with me that no refund was ever issued under any number by them to myself.

Finally, after a month and a half and a big hassle PayPal took the money from their account and refunded me! Avoid these clowns at all cost, unless you are a glutton for punishment and disappointment!

fraud

This company has one of the most deceptive and dishonest companies with a website on the internet! Avoid...

very disappointed with this site

I bid and won 2 rings from them. One an amethyst, received it with one stone missing. I wore for 3 days to show people and 2 more stones fell out. They said value was over $700, I don't believe it. I also ordered a Tanzanite ring valued over $800, I wore for a week and lost a stone. Can't get a hold of them!!! Very disappointed with this site. My other question is how does this "police" auction site get so many new items to sell???

ripoff/scam

This website is a complete rip off and scam, do not buy anything from this webside

A. Items sold are not of police auctions, they are liquidators of cheap chinese crap.
B. The items advertised on the site are not what they are when you get them, fake diamonds, not silver, not gold ect ect.

Eplanation: this company liquidates its jewelery from a company called prodori inc. (http://prodori.com/) which creates crappy jewelery like raphael leon and all the other brands you see on policeauctions.com prodori.com creates a website for each of these individual companies, and lists the msrp at extraordinary amounts like 23, 996.00 for a watch that you will win for $400. The watch isn't worth $25.

This company liquidates all of its items from these cheap wholesalers to you for insane amounts of money. They falsely go under the name policeauctions.com to have you think that it is a trust worthy and reliable site.

This company makes cash 4 gold look like the red cross.

Stay away

Jonathan De Vries May 25, 2010

Policeauctions.com are not what they seem they look for everyday people like you and I and rip us off with cheap crap. Do not buy the monthly or yearly subscription for auto auctions all it is, is an EBAY site they send you too nothing more.

• Bi
    bigd12 Jun 13, 2012

Police auctions ran out of Ca (Vortal Group) is a TOTAL RIPOFF!!! They are very misleading and when you call them and tell them about the crap they sold you, they get very rude and deny it. well these folks need to be STOPPED and put out of business!!!stay away! you are better off throwing your money into a fireplace, then continue to put money into these crocks hands!!!

Joseph Cote Mar 05, 2018

I feel for it and bought a brass kaleidoscope, total piece of crap. The RL cologne is packaged to look like the real Ralph Lauren but its a knock off. Stay as far away as possible. Cheap crap . Not the real deal.

• Lb
    lbrockway Sep 29, 2018

THIS SIGHT IS A SCAM AND BULLSHIT . I BID ON SOME COINS AND GOLD, WHEN I GOT THE GOLD IT WAS TOTALI WRON I BID ON A PEICE THAT WAS 0.32grams AND WHEN I GOT IT, IT WAS 0.03 grams the coins were roman and they are bullshit to .. I WOULD SAY TO ANY ONE THAT WOULD LISTEN TOSTAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT .. THEY USE THE POLICE NAME AND SCAM THE SHIT OUT OF YOU

not a police auction and questionable practices

I asked the customer service at policeauction.com where they got their items because I wondered the same thing. They indicated that they have contracts to liquidate merchandise. The auctions are not really police auctions they are run by Vortel Inc. However, when I was sent the wrong item (which was damaged also). I was told to return it and they would send another. I had to pay to ship back the damaged and incorrect item sent to be by THEIR MISTAKE. So I did that. I wait a couple of weeks and see that they have received and processed my item. I also notice 3 of the same items going up for auction while I am waiting for my replacement. I finally call them and they say they don't have anymore so they will just refund it. After I questioned them further, the customer service person said well, we have 3 more on order so we will get more. They ended up just refunding my original bid and shipping. I think they just didn't want to spend the money to ship me my item. So I did not receive the item I bid on and it cost me an extra $12.95 for nothing. I have since seen 2 other of the same items going up for auction. So they did have them.

You need to be very careful when bidding on this site. They seem to have good bargains but they tend to send items that are not as described, the wrong item, or damaged items. (This has happened to me several times now.) You will then have to pay to send the damaged or wrong items back and at best get a refund for the original bid.

I can't say if the items being sold are genuine yet, but I am checking that out as well.

It would have to be a very, very good bargain for me to chance bidding again.

• Ke
    kensimm Apr 19, 2012

The site looks like a rip-off as soon as the page loads; in no way does it resemble an official police auction site. Further, real police auction sites would have some sort of official seal or other identifying ID. Finally, everyone should know that government designs are very plain, you could not see a blazing multimedia banner. That is jsut not done.

selling fake diamond

This company running a bussines under the name of the american gov and under the american police. They are...

scam

I have placed at least 20 or more bids on items that were supposedly seized from police/government raids and...

rip off

Well, I bought a 14K white gold ring with 16 diamonds that was supposedly worth an estimated $2000. I won the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices