Planet Fitnesscleaning equipment in use

H

I was running on the treadmill at my local Planet Fitness. As I was running, an associate began cleaning the treadmill that I was running on with a Big Bird Yellow cloth. She was using it as a duster, and the cloth went on to the running portion of the treadmill causing me to short step and fall forward on the treadmill. I grabbed the side and held on until I could I could pull the stop button. My shoes were squealing on the rubber due to this incident and people in the gym were staring. The associate was laughing when she asked me if I was okay. I angrily responded NO!!! I demanded the number for the corporate office and they gave me a business card for the general manager. I wrote the corporate office an e mail in which I still haven't received a response. The general manager did call back around 6:45 p.m. the next day, I guess they had such a backlog of complaints that it took them all day to contact me. They are absolute classless ### in every sense of the word. I WILL NEVER set foot inside another Planet Fitness again. I am canceling the membership tomorrow morning. $10 a month is $9.99 more than it's worth.

• Bu
    Busy-b Aug 25, 2016

Planet fitness needs to stop using them cleaning toxins while people work out

• Fl
    Fled for My Life Jun 04, 2015

PLANET FITNESS MADE ME PHYSICALLY SICK!! OVERUSE OF CHEMICALS AND CLEANING WHILE EQUIPMENT IN USE. In 2014, I noticed a horrible smell at the Planet Fitness Gym several times. The Sanis sanitizer they use was set at too high a concentrate dispensing level and they were cleaning equipment while people were working out (including the treadmill I was on).I complained to the Corporate Office and the overuse of chemicals stopped for a short while until they resumed abusing the chemical mixtures again in early 2015. I am now extremely sick and sensitized to chemicals. The doctors found it affected my sinuses, caused rashes, and dangerous blood pressure variations. It cost me time off from work, medical fees, and my health. Planet Fitness obviously does not care about the health nor value the quality of life of its members as long as they can pop you for the monthly & annual charge. PLEASE, the chemicals and abuse of them at Planet Fitness Gyms can make you sick and affect your life and wallet. If you wish to avoid a STROKE and possible DEATH, Resign and get out while you still have your health. If you are female and pregnant, think about its effect on your unborn child. Planet Fitrness is deaf to the health status and life quality of their members. Thank you.