Pingo.comPingo is a SCAM

This service is a scam! I signed up and my account was not activated, I got no response from the activation e-mail that they sent, and numerous inquiries with customer service were not returned by e-mail, their phone customer service does not have live people or the ability to leave a message.

They have a nice looking web site, but it is a SCAM. This service does not work. Do NOT give them your credit card information.

• So
    Sonjita Jul 14, 2015

I have been a PINGO customer for over 10 years. I live in the US and my family lives in Germany, so there is a lot of international calling going on.

I am set up with auto-recharge, which is very convenient.

The service has always been very reliably, the call quality good and the pricing competitive, especially calling landlines in Germany. Calling cell phones is more expensive but that's the same for all providers.

I recently experienced a glitch where all of a sudden my parents number was "invalid" and my grandmother number kept saying it was "busy" (even though there wasn't a busy signal). I emailed Pingo and within 30 minutes had a response and they were working on fixing the problem (it was a technical glitch). They kept me updated throughout the process and the problem was quickly resolved.

I wish all tech/internet/phone companies had such good service!

• Bi
    BiaRio Oct 23, 2014

I use Pingo for 3 years, I called Brasil in every way and performance you can think, Walgreen card, etc, etc, Verizon, etc, toooo much money for 2 hours, I had Pingo and I talked more than 30 hours for 20 dollars if I can remember. I hear like the person is next door, if can not complete, I try call later, and BINGO!!! Pingo is working. I totally disagree with those bad comments. Maybe there is a FAKE, FALSE PINGO OUT THERE, NOT MINE, WITH ALL THE CUTE DOTS IN COLLORS I DO NOT NEED GREAT ENGLISH TO SAY I CALL BRASIL HOURS, AND I SILL HAVE MONEY. NOBODY NEVER TOOK MY MONEY, NEVER NEEDED CUSTOMER SERVICE!! I just can say sometimes, at weekends and at night I experience crazy messages like phone is invalid, phone is busy, of course cause a lot, LOT of people must be calling. I live in a a bad area, Internet and iphone always NO SERVICE, essentially because of rain often, and always we have tornados _TN USA next KY, so pleeeaaasse, I can not believe bad complaints, I do hope nobody is getting paid to do a defamation about Pingo reputation. Sorry, no offense, just crossed my mind.

• Pingo Jan 15, 2014

I’m sorry for the unusual experience that you may have encountered years ago. Let us help clarify a few points mentioned for others that may be reading this:

1. 95% Customer Retention Rate

Your concerns will be heard & addressed internally to improve the process so that we can continue to strive to maintain a 95% customer retention rate.

2. 100% CALL QUALITY GUARANTEE

We value customer’s feedback to improve destinations called worldwide.

- Pingo Customer Service

Comments

• Al
    alooo Nov 19, 2012

can plz somebody tell me if it work or not, just yes or no plz this reviews drive me crazy here.. dunno what to do damit :/

• Wh
    what a dirty company Feb 20, 2012

Where can I complaint to pingo?
    I put $20 in my account, but the softphone never works. After hours of trying, I have to give up. I sent email to their custom service to require a refund. Every time they said the refund needs 3-5 business days after more than one weeks-waiting in my life. After tens of email and more than one month's waiting, they didn't reply my email requests any more. What's worse, I learned from other's complaint that they charge extra $0.89 every month, and the notice is arranged in a corner with grey color on their website, which is very hard to notice! I think this is a very dirty company. I want my money back and no more people be treated by them, but I don't know where I can complaint to them. Anybody know?

Jane Newark Sep 01, 2011

Same happend to me as well, why not try talk home phone card. You can buy it online from http://www.linkphonecards.co.uk/talkhomephonecard5-185.html the british Talk Home seller based in London, UK.

suzlizjohnson Aug 22, 2011

As for ONE-SUITE... 7 cents per minute to Australia and 10 cents to France... NO THANKS - PINGO IS CHEAPER and by 5 cents per minute to France!!! For Australia, PINGO is only a cent or so cheaper, but for Mobile it's "19.9 cents" per minute compared to a whopping "34.3 cents" per minute at ONE-SUITE... Even taking into account a "98 cent" per month fee at Pingo... hands down PINGO is my choice.

suzlizjohnson Aug 22, 2011

Stumbled upon this web-site and noticed the name PINGO in regard to being a scam and would like to voice my opinion. I have been using PINGO for over five years now and am completely satisfied and highly recommend them. From Canada's Arctic region, I routinely call my two daughters in Australia, and relatives in France and the United States. I can only assume that those who are complaining are suffering from some actions of their own doing ... notwithstanding their complaints about customer service which seem to be very detailed and by "luck of draw" and good fortune I have not had the experience of receiving these messages that some have claimed to receive. I suspect that in some cases the complaintants have either lost their account numbers or passcodes; are having problems following instructions; are generally impatient & quick to judge without the tenacity to overcome issues; or are getting automatic replenishment of their accounts, then not using the minutes and having the card eaten up by the 98 cent monthly fee, & etc &etc... I have always been able to get a customer service rep and they have always been very helpful. Living "north of sixty" has it's challenges when it comes to long-distance... and finding PINGO was a god-send for me and I do not understand why my friends continue to use the "telephone company" long-distance rates OR any other "calling-cards" with their exhorbatant service fees and extra fees for this and that. The next best calling card I have found is "Seven-Eleven Stores" that have no-nonsense cards as well... however, they, last time I checked were not usable in this "Far North"... Regards, Susan Johnson...Whitehores, Yukon...

• Ze
    Zed350 Nov 03, 2010

I've use Pingo a few years ago and although I didn't experience activation problem, the call quality is far from perfect every time I make a call. The common issues were either echoes or line noise which will go away after I sent them an email but goes back a few days later and we go round and round.

I wanted to call them back then but can not find their support number, either they don't have one or their website was not user friendly.

Switched to Onesuite after I used up my credits and never look back. Pingo isn't the worst but definitely there are better alternatives out there.

• Wa
    Wanna1668 Sep 08, 2010

I wish I could have research more before I sign up today, luckily I did not give them my credit card information, I used my paypal account instead. I was not able to make any international phone calls and the emails I sent were not answered.

Please do not use this company at all!!!

• Lg
    lgoode27 Apr 21, 2010

What a total scam.. I paid my money and have not received anything. Its now been 4 weeks and i have sent 3 emails asking for a refund.. Do not use this company total F**king scam artist.. Use Talk Home calling card there the only ones I trust.. I have sent my final email and will wait and see if i get a reply. This website looks legit but is not so be weary if you are going to make any purchase from Pingo as you will get nothing and be out of pocket.

Total scam

• Ri
    rinov Feb 16, 2010

I admit...i too was skeptical seeing the activation process was like being investigated by the bureau...all that to say...my c/c was charged immediately but no access to my acct, no response to any of my emails and finally got an email stating my account was active and ready for use...(7 days later)
    But i have to disagree with one of the earlier comments regarding the bonus minutes. Mine actually appeared right away upon finally being able to access my acct.($10 free for $20 activation)
    Key to actually speaking to a live person is tricky...go through all the prompts and do not hang up (since you wont respond to prompts) the automated syst will return after a long silence...final option will be "to talk to a customer serv rep...please stay on the line" again you must remain on the line during the long silence...They definitely have it set it so people don't choose it initially or perhaps they have a skeleton crew
    I must admit..it was bit clever on their part how theyve got the whole thing set up, ...they definitely prefer and lead you to believe your options are limited...but i have spoken to a live person..., naturally one would hang up...so hope this helps...but do not hang up just stay on the phone even when it sounds like the automated service will disconnect your call after the last option.

• Pingo Feb 01, 2010

Thanks for the compliment for using our International calling card service and enjoying the advanced features. We have a customer service team available from 10am to 12am 7 days a week to help resolve any issues you may have.

- Customer Service

• Pi
    pingo is good Jan 30, 2010

I strongly disagree with those complaint.
    I use their service for a long time and many friends are using it. It is such a good and inexpensive service. I call to Hong Kong and set all the numbers in the speed dial.
    Ha, speed dial access to yr phone, then another speed dial to who you want to contact and hit #. So simple and I love pingo. it's not fair for you guys not to use it and give those comment.
    For customer service, they help me fast enough, really no complain.
    I love it.

• Do
    DontOrderLenovo Jan 14, 2010

I just paid $10 (was suppose to receive $5 bonus) from my paypal and next thing my account was disabled and couldn't log in. Took me numerous emails and about one week to have the account activated, but I never received the $5 bonus. The toll free number on the site is not for customer support, but to make outgoing phone calls with your PIN.

I will use whatever credits I have and cancel my account.

• Pl
    plaimanus Dec 23, 2009

I called to Thailand and I cant hear anything. It happened this month that is very suck!
    I am going to cancel it tomorrow.

Chris distel Nov 25, 2009

Hi I figured I would put my two cents in here as well. I needed to get a calling card bc I am burning through my cell phone minutes, came across their website-it looks great! I decided to give it a try. So glad I used paypal and not my credit card number. You can't get in touch with anyone that works there. I couldnt use my calling card, they said it would take 30 minutes to activate and 1 day later still no go. I went straight to paypal and wrote a complaint. Do not use this company they are a scam. I have used callingcardplus and they seem to be ok, not the best customer service but at least you can talk to someone (although they are usually from India) but they do their job and you can use a calling card! Hope this review helped!

• Af
    africanrose Nov 25, 2009

Are you all talking about the same company? I have been using Pingo for a year and I have had no problems with service. Setting up was done timely and every time I call customer service, I get a live person who is able to troubleshoot (matter of fact I just called a second ago and the connection time was a few seconds once I got through the prompts). Sometimes they even give me some of my money back when I have a hard time trying to connect to Africa. Problems connecting to Africa, in my experience, are not unusual no matter which company you use. Most other pre-paid cards that I have used will not answer the phone and will take out beaucoup money when the call prematurely drops.

• Ro
    Ron Mullins Nov 01, 2009

I thought I did my research and now feel im getting stung. I have been waiting four days with no results. I keep getting emails stating they are reviewing my information. Gees! how long does it take! I have a son deployed in Germany and soon will be dparting for a war zone. I really thought I was getting into a reliable service. I keep geting e mail messages and recorded answers when trying to contact them. Does anyone know how to talk to a real person with them? Even if it turns out they have great rates, their service sucks! Wish I had read the comments here before I went with pingo...

Suthakar A R Jul 14, 2009

Yes, you are right. For me they took one week to activate my account and then I have faced lot of problem. In a week time 1 or 2 days they are providing service that too with bad data quality.

If we call the customer care then their standard answer is

"Thank you for contacting Pingo. We are currently troubleshooting your reported issue and expect a resolution within the next 2 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience it may be causing you. Please attempt your call after the 2 hour time period."

I believe there are only two customer care people were working for PINGO

I don't know where to complaint about this? If any one who knows please let me know. I have to complaint against PINGO.

Those who are planning to choose this kind of calling card think before to choose. Better go with some other calling card though the cost is bit more also.

Thanks,