Menu
Pimlico Plumbers
reviews & complaints

Pimlico Plumbers
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

22 complaints
14 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Pimlico Plumbers. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
I
4:25 am

Pimlico Plumbers - Charged £144 for a 20 minutes work

I called Pimlico to get my fridge water line installed, I was misled to think that the work would take an hour, then was made to pay £144. When the plumber came he looked at the fridge and said that the work would actually cost almost £900 just to fit the water line fridge! I of course refused to pay that amount, as I do not have the means to pay that amount for a water line fridge in this economy! Long story short, I ended up paying 144 for just a 20 minute work! Plimico should issue refunds if the work has not been carried out!

On complaining to Pimlico Plumbers, I have not been issued a refund.

I will take this up with my legal adviser because this is just daylight robbery. I want my money back.

Desired outcome: Please refund

H
5:24 am

Pimlico Plumbers - Electrical trunking

Lovely engineer but clearly ripped off with price as he changed the price from two days ago when he had already started the job.

It seems there is a private agreement between them that even the simplest job will take over 2 hrs so they can cash in. It's very obvious. There were clear discrepancies between what he said To me and what was on the invoice too which I pointed out, but was ignored.

I explained in detail to customer services lady Claire what happened (after being passed through departments (to wear me down no doubt)) and still no resolution. I would have been very happy to discuss to settle but she seemed eager to take her time so still no resolution and an hour of my day gone (because apparently my time is worth less than the engineers). Very disappointed.

Desired outcome: Settlement

5:16 am

Pimlico Plumbers - Boiler installation and maintenance service

Pimlico installed my boiler in in 2018. In the subsequent maintenance service have raised a recommendation that the boiler system needs flushing. I raised a complaint with them saying that flushing should have been done at the time of boiler installation and if it was this recommendation should not have come on the invoice. I have been in email conversations with Pimlico for the last 2 months on this and no resolution has been reached. Pimlico today called me and said its just recommendation and to ignore it. Please help resolve this dispute.
After spending £6k for an installation, I would expect it to be done properly. They are neither providing clarity on this case nor resolving it. My ask is to investigate what was done at the time of installation and do the flush free of cost to ensure my boiler system is safe for us. I have got all the relevant emails (of the 2 months conversation), invoices (with the recommendation) and original installation checklist (claiming the flushing was done).

On the hopes that my request is a realistic one, please help resolve this dispute...

Desired outcome: Do the recommended action of flushing properly free of cost.

V
9:10 am

Pimlico Plumbers - Overcharge and sheer incompetence

Pimlico Plumbers was called to repair a boiler that had a build up of dirt internally. Their plumber spent 3.30 hours at the flat and was unable to identify the very simple solution, i.e. to clean the boiler ! This is a very common, very simple issue, that was resolved in 1h40 minutes by a normal plumber that charges the market rate, which is half the Pimlico Plumbers rate. Despite Pimlico Plumbers then charged only 2 out of the 3.5 hours, we still can't understand why he did not quite simply used that time to fix the issue as any plumber. The Pimlico Plumbers require full payment in advance but the office is still failing to justify the 2 hours and also why their plumber could not even propose the correct solution at the outrageous rates they ask. A total waste of money and time.

B
1:52 pm

Pimlico Plumbers - boiler fault

Pimlico engineer simply looked at boiler and said i need a new one. So I paid £192 for them to try sell me brand new boiler at over £2000.00.
Got a second opinion and the boiler was repaired for under £200.00.
This is how Pimlico wants to make money, by not providing any service, just take money upfront and send someone to upsell you other things.

N
3:12 pm

Pimlico Plumbers - plumber service

Our bathroom ceiling has been rudely opened two holes by Gary the plumber Pimlico sent without our permission just before Christmas 2017. We kept in touch with Pimlico customer service team and paid a visit to their office last year. However, they could not find out the leak and left the open ceiling unfixed for more than 2 years. The following is the email we reply to Shannon Tamsett the customer service assistant manager in February 2018. You can obviously know the difference between both parties.

Our engineer Gary has advised me that on arrival to the property he investigated the leak you were experiencing, he started by checking the pipe work in the bathroom above where the leak had occurred but did not find any evidence of a leak on the pipework, basin or radiators that he had visual access to. ( The leaking is from the speaker fixed on the ceiling of the guest bathroom on 3rd floor. I went with Gary to the bathroom above on the 4th floor. Firstly, he suggest to open the carpet. I agreed but he found nothing. Then he wanted to remove the tile on the 4th floor. He said the tile mostly got chance to broken. I hesitated and asked why not remove the speaker downstairs. After all, so much water from there and it must be good to dry the ceiling.) He then reassessed the area where the leak had appeared along with your wife and she suggested removing the speaker to see if this gave any better indication on where the leak had occurred from. Gary agreed to this and carefully tried to remove the speaker but was unable to due to it being Fixed into the floor and he didn't want to cause unnecessary damage to your property. He advised your wife of this and suggested that he would need to make access in the celling to try and trace where the leak was comping from as the celling had already been damaged due to water increase, they discussed how it would be repaired after and Gary advised that as a company we also over different trades such carpenters and decorators to make good.( It is not true. Gary didn't told us that he had difficulties in removing the speaker. He cut a hole nearby that decision was made by himself. If he told us, we would second thought and won't be surprised, By the way, my son was the witness. He was also doubting Gary's behavior. ) You wife advised Gary that she needed to have the leak resolved and therefore asked for him to continue with the work.( It is true. Gary talked with everyone most time in our house. We had to say that Please find the problem and help fix it. It doesn't make sense talk too much to unprofessional people even to the boy. It is unfair for us to pay the time for his endlessly pointless chatting. We just want him to do something and wishing he could fix the leaking in the master bedroom. Unfortunately, he said he could do nothing without another person to remove the panel.This attitude is very disappointing. )

We are very disappointed by what Gary did in our house and we don't believe there is no problem causing the leaking. Please send your experienced staff to inspect the site. We really need your help for fixing the leaking and repairing the ceiling. You can forward my email to Gary to check the truth.

We are very welcome you to pay a visit and give a reasonable quotation.

From the above correspondence, you can feel how desperately we need Pimlico to fix the problem. However, it is very disappointing for us to wait so long.

Update by Nelson Zhu
Aug 27, 2019 12:50 pm

On 21 August 2019 we got the reply from Liam Tandy the
Customer Services Manager of Plumbers as follows. Unfortunately it is not acceptable for us, especially his complaint of our 100 calls to their call center.

After we have specifically requested that you contact other companies for all future work at your property we still receiving contact from yourself.

I have listened to the call on the 14th of August with our contact centre in which you was referring to the holes left in the ceiling from 2016, please be advised we have already addressed this issue for you on multiple occasion and our stance will not change, to avoid any doubt please see our conclusion below:

In reference to a leak at your property: Our engineer had advised you during his visit that he has not been able to identify where the issues were coming from. Gary had inspected all of the pipe work he had visual access to before suggesting anything further as this would be the first process. Without any success the you advised Gary to remove the speaker and inspect as this is the area in which the leak was traveling to, Gary followed instructions and attempted to remove the speaker but was unable to do so as it would have caused damage. He tried to inform you of this and advised you the only other way would to make access through the ceiling, you advised our engineer to just get the job done and therefore gave authorisation to make access through the already damaged ceiling.

We kindly request that you respect our decision and outcome and refrain from contacting Pimlico further as this has been discussed many of times, which has resulted in over 100 phone calls into our contact centre.

Kind Regards

Update by Nelson Zhu
Aug 27, 2019 12:43 pm

On 21 August 2019

We got the reply email from Liam Tandy
the Customer Services Manager as follows. It is really difficult for us to agree with him. Especially his complaint of our 100 calls to their call center.

Kind Regards

Signature_MoreThan

S
11:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had a very poor experience with Pimlico Plumbers so far. They are extremely expensive and did not resolve my issue. I had an issue with the shower valve and they charged £120 to tell me that the whole shower unit would need to be replaced. After quoting me £2000 to replace the shower unit, I accepted the quote and the plumber returned and removed...

10:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pimlico Plumbers charges £120/hr, one would expect extraordinary service for such rates. I have spent approximately £1000 for getting two jobs done in the last month, some £800 of which were labor time. The job done was fairly average, with some delays, a plumber terrorising me about the state of the fixtures and suggesting all needs changing, and a screw...

J
9:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

toilet leaking still not fixed - poor customer service in handling problem no care and follow up from company - had to go elsewhere after initial problem still not fixed rip off service - too expensive - feel mugged off... £90+vat call out for an hour then had to come back when parts arrived another £90+vat - paid nearly £400.00 total for a half hour job

K
7:49 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Warning!! Do NOT use Pimlico Plumbers. Charged an additional hour by dishonest engineer who offered our tenant to ‘use up' the prepaid hour then overran by 20 minutes and then charged a full further hour for work unauthorized by me- AND 40 minutes of that was described as ‘putting tools in his van and writing up invoice'!! £150 an hour plus vat for putting...

5:05 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pimlico Plumbers charged me over 100% above retail price on a new boiler! They never quoted me a price on the boiler before installing but I trusted them as a reputable merchant. They presented me with a bill over £8000 for all the work and boiler. I asked for a written invoice/breakdown of this large cost and they had none and couldn't provide one. Though...

4:54 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I consider Pimlico unreliable. The visits were delayed thrice. Each time they scheduled I took a day off at my work because I urgently needed their help. As the money was paid ahead and I had no extra time for dealing with refunding, I couldn't just cancel it, so that's why I had to follow their rules. But what they did was absolutely disrespectful. Three...

3:26 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am providing one star, as it is not possible to provide a lower review. Firstly, a general note, while they do provide a fast service, Pimlico plumbers are very expensive compared to the competition in London. Secondly, in terms of my direct experience, Pimlico organised for an engineer who was insufficiently qualified to assess my boiler (pulsacoil...

M
5:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I asked for an estimate of plumbing work required at my house. I was told i may have to pay for an hour's work for this estimate which surprised me as the website suggested an estimate was only deducted from the cost of the work if accepted. The person who turned up was not any of the official estimate team advertised who normally give estimates. He then...

C
11:27 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a very poor experience with Pimlico and would definitely recommend to stay away from them. We have had problems with our underfloor heating for some time and decided to go to Pimlico knowing that they would be more expensive than a usual plumber, but hoped that they would at least get to a solution eventually. The experience is that they company will...

K
12:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called Pimlico Plumbers because the heating was working intermittently therefore I knew that it could not be the boiler (6 years old Worcester Grecnstar) which was working albeit intermittently. The plumber called Anthony Staines (Invoice No: AS949417) found out that there was no signal between the thermostat and the receiver. He decided to switch off the...

O
5:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called out Pimlico to clear and flush my gully and gutters. I explained to the gentleman that my ceiling was leaking as the gully was blocked so I needed the gully and the gutters to be unblocked to stop the leaking. I as informed that a roofer called Elliott would attend my property between and hour to an hour and half. I was later called and informed...

G
10:19 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had a blocked toilet so called out Pimlico Plumbers. The first visit costed £150. We explained the plumbing system to him and why the problem happened. He could not fix without a drainage expert (Im not sure why a qualified draining expert isnt a plumber - several other companies have said they are all drainage experts.) He suggested getting one out at...

P
12:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Daylight robbery! Appalling customer service attitude towards a loyal customer. Charged £112 for a visit to fix an issue they caused - the guy was here two minutes. What was just a minor disagreement spiralled into an absolute customer services nightmare. I believe they are trained and told to be unhelpful. I will never use them again and advise others to avoid. Now going to court over it. Disgusting and appalling.

3:53 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My boiler was not keep up pressure and as the end of the day was approaching on a cold November night, I called Pimlico plumbers to attend to it. Their engineers, polite and clean cut diagnosed the fault very quickly "found leak in ensuite bathroom radiator so made safe". He told us that we should consider a new towel rack (he provided a quote of £550+VAT...

Pimlico Plumbers contacts