My Plumber Heating and Cooling Logo

My Plumber Heating and Cooling

Having problems with My Plumber Heating and Cooling?

My Plumber Heating and Cooling reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2009. The latest review employee harassment was posted on Mar 20, 2018. The latest complaint $406.11 Bathroom Water Faucet Replacement was resolved on Sep 29, 2011. My Plumber Heating and Cooling has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 14 reviews. My Plumber Heating and Cooling has resolved 6 complaints.

My Plumber Heating and Cooling Customer Service Contacts

6897 Gateway Ct.
Manassas, Virginia
United States - 20109

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with My Plumber Heating and Cooling Customer Service. Initial My Plumber Heating and Cooling complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for My Plumber Heating and Cooling above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about My Plumber Heating and Cooling. Discuss the issues you have had with My Plumber Heating and Cooling and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

My Plumber Heating and Cooling Complaints & Reviews

My Plumber Heating and Coolingemployee harassment

My client had been sent home Thursday the 15th from the Manassas location, as per his manager's (James) instructions. As my client went to tell his on-site supervisor that he was being sent home, the supervisor complained that my client was "being a little b[censor]" and "screwing us over". Friday my client was off for a doctors appointment he has scheduled and got approval for earlier in the week. The following Monday, my client was called "a b[censor]" by his on-site supervisor. The supervisor continued to tell other employees that my client was "his b[censor] and did whatever he told him to do". Then today (Tuesday the 20th) the on-site supervisor continued to complain about my client being sent home on Friday and continued to imply that he was "a little b[censor]". My client reported this to his manger (James) and was told to get through today and he would see if he could switch him with another on-site supervisor but it might not be possible. Under OSHA harassment is described as:
Offensive, harassing conduct may include, but is not limited to:
•Offensive jokes, slurs, epithets, or name calling
•Physical assaults, threats, or intimidation
•Verbal or written ridicule, mockery, insults, or put-downs
•Display or use of offensive objects or pictures
•Malicious interference with work performance

And according to the EEOC
If the supervisor's harassment results in a hostile work environment, the employer can avoid liability only if it can prove that:
1) it reasonably tried to prevent and promptly correct the harassing behavior; and 2) the employee unreasonably failed to take advantage of any preventive or corrective opportunities provided by the employer.

The manager did not take any immediate actions and his only response was he can switch him to another on-site supervisor but that does not mean that they will not work together at some point in time. Also he did not reach out to the on-site supervisor to correct his actions.

I have multiple employees who are witnesses to these several incidents. I also have a phone record of the call with James.

If you could email be back immediately. That would be wonderful. I have contacted several people and none of which would like to help me. My client and I do not want take any legal action. We just want the right thing done: for the manager to correct the on-site supervisors behavior and to allow my client to work under another on-site supervisors authority.

My email is mae.[protected]@gmail.com

If you could email me back immediately I would greatly appreciate that.

Judith Michael

My Plumberwater heater

C I am very upset with your agency because I was told the full amount to pay
    and emailed a receipt indicating that amount to pay which I paid that quote in full and now that amount has doubled. Had I been quoted that amount upfront, I would have cancelled your service. I think I was purposefully tricked into this purchase.

Delores Symonette

Forced to pay an additional $4, 000 after being given a quote the night before which was less the night before which I paid. Then forced to sign another request but never told the additional amount would be $4, 000 more then the first quote of $3, 069.00.

On Oct 19, 2017, at 2:18 PM, "[protected]@myplumber.com" wrote:

Manassas, VA 20109
    Phone: [protected]
    Customer

My Plumber Heating and Cooling — service, price, lack of communication

Over a year ago we had an issue which took them 3 times to repair properly — for some reason the landlord...

My PlumberPlumbing and ac services

I travel internationally for work and my husband is not very handy at home maintenance so we signed on with the My Plumber Priority Club($20/month buys one access to priority customer service and reduced pricing for services) when we encountered a small problem with one of our heat pumps. It took four calls to customer service to get someone out to our house to do the repair work. They said they replaced a fan that had been put in wrong when our house was built, and the charge was $1600! About one week after this, something else went wrong and we had to call them back(another $1200). It got to the point where it seemed that every time they came out something else would go wrong with the system they had worked on. As I was traveling so much for work, I asked my husband to call a different vendor if something went wrong with our heating and/or AC. He had the $1500 air purifier installed(no difference in air quality) and called someone else when our second heat pump needed coolant(the cost was less than $150 (attributed to a screw missing at the site of the fan?) ! We kept the $20 per month membership just in case of an emergency.

Unfortunately, one morning in March, my husband woke to no water. I was unavailable, so in a panic, he called My Plumber. Eleven hours later, when I was available, I learned that My Plumber had diagnosed a broken well pump switch (4 year old well, the switch was supposed to last 25 years). They would not honor the warranty because they "don't do that"...An exact quote)and the bill was more that $6000.00.

While home on vacation over the holidays, I added up the repair bills from My Plumber for an 18 month period and was shocked to see they totaled more than $11, 000.00 over an 18 month period. I called today to cancel our priority membership and was told the manager would have to decide if I could cancel it! I called my credit card company and had My Plumber marked as an unauthorized vendor and they will not be allowed to charge to my account. For those of you who paid your bill with a credit card, check to see if your credit card company will dispute a price-gouged charge on your behalf. My credit card company does this if the overcharge is reported with 90 days of receipt of your statement. Hopefully, I will never need it again, but it's nice to know it is there.

Stay away from My Plumber. Their repair work is shotty and overpriced, and they wouldn't know customer service if it bit them in their hind parts. Greater than $11000.00 for repairs on a four year old home(purchased new)? Buyers beware!!!

My PlumberCutbacks on customer service

My Plumber Heating & Cooling has greatly increased it pricing for seasonal inspection & maintenance of A/C & Heating for residential systems. What use to be a thorough inspection & system tune-up has now significantly increased in cost from $89 to $129. For us senior citizens this is a disservice & disgraceful. Don't they know that we are on FIXED incomes. The $49 service that they offered is a total rip-off. All that is done is a visual inspection of the wiring, and check the temperature which comes out of the vents. Recommend that you saved your money and look else where for a more affordable but comprehensible service company!

My Plumber — Price Gouging

Kicking myself for not researching this company before using them. Prices charged for work are ridiculous. I...

My Plumber — $406.11 Bathroom Water Faucet Replacement

High prices for a simple job: charging a bathroom water faucet. The worker was very good, polite...

My Plumber — High prices for a simple job

High prices for a simple job: charging a bathroom water facet. The worker was very good, polite, professional...

My Plumber — estimate of service

I had the company My Plumber come to my house for an estimate to install a faucet and tub drain. The tub wa...

My Plumber VirginiaDeceptive Pricing

My Plumber provided me with the most unsatisfactory in home service in my 30 years of home ownership. The problem is their deceptive pricing. The actual service only took 15 minutes. After all, it was only unclogging a blocked kitchen drain. The price tag? $387!!! Including travel time to my house it works out to over $700 per hour. They have developed 'unit prices' for many services that include parts and labor. On the surface this seems simple. They won't give these prices out over the phone however. They need to 'look at it'. Then you are faced with a guy standing in your kitchen telling you to pay $387 to snake the drain or $90 to leave having done nothing (trip charge that was never mentioned). They could have easily given this ridiculous price over the phone. It's unclogging a drain for gosh sakes. The equivalent of plumbing 101. That, of coarse would defeat the purpose of the scam.

• De
              Delores Symonette Oct 19, 2017

I am very upset with your agency because I was told the full amount to pay

Delores Symonette

Company
              6897 Gateway CT
              Manassas, VA 20109
              Phone: [protected]

My Plummer just ripped me off by first quoting me a price for a new water heater and then the next day when it was put in they added an additional $4, 000 to the $3, 600 that I paid in full the night before. The next day they claimed my quote was too low. Then I was told to sign another agreement to include the additional amount but never told the full amount until late tonight. That was unfair treatment and had I been told how much more it would be I would have cancelled the entire service. I will never use them again and nor should anyone.
              Customer

• Fo
              forbie1 Aug 27, 2011

I called My Plumber (Virginia) to fix a toilet that did not flush. The guy came, and told me the internal mechanism had to be changed AND he had to snake the toilet. All this for $750. I said NO, and went to Home Depot, bought a snake for $34. Snake the toilet myself (very, very easy) and it works.

My Plumber Heating and Cooling Aug 21, 2011

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We are always looking for new ways to improve our service in the future. I would like to speak with you directly regarding the recent service provided by our Company. Please contact me directly at [protected] or via email at [email protected]

Brooke Honold
              Customer Service Manager

• Ri
              riptoff2 Jul 06, 2011

I called them to have them fix our water heater which broke down yesterday. First off, they will try to charge a “dispatch fee” of $80 just for sending someone to your house. The CSR I spoke with told me that she would waive the fee because I was a new customer. I asked for a ballpark figure for how much it would cost for them to fix the problem and was told that only the field technicians had the “book of prices.”

I get a call from my wife that the man wrote up a bill for $150 JUST for looking at the water heater. The total to actually repair the heater would be $850 total, or $1500 to replace the whole system. They did not say that actually looking at the heater was going to cost anything, let alone $150. I had a second plumber come in after they left and fix the same problem. The total charge for diagnosis AND repair was $180.00.

Obviously, the man would not have left the house without being paid, so my wife had to pay him with our credit card. I was able to have my credit card company reverse the charge. We would not have been so lucky if we paid with cash or check!

These crooks are trying to take advantage of people by price gouging heating services in the winter time. They are THE first result for “plumber in northern Virginia” on Google and unlucky people WILL try them first!

My Plumber — Incorrect diagnosis and trying to sell me work I don't need!

In Nov 2010, the water backed-up when we ran our wash machine. It would come out in the kitchen sink (but...

My Plumber — Price Gouging, Hidden Fees

My PlumberCustomer Svc

Called on 11/14 and made appt. for a quote on a new Furnace. They said someone would come out by noon the next day. Nobody showed so I called back and made an appt for 11/19 and they said someone would show between 12 -4 At 3:45 I called them and could tell from the rep that it wasnt scheduled. He said someone could still come out, but didnt know when. I asked if they could be there by 4, he responded "if not, we can reschedule" This is the worst customer service that I've dealt with in Heating / Plumbing. I will never recommend or use them again! I will also recommend to friends / family that they use another contractor. This is two days spent waiting on them and I had to deal with an imcompenent response of " we can reschedule" Unbelievable!!

MyPlumber May 31, 2011

My Plumber Heating and Cooling takes your comment very seriously. However, without a name or an address to attach to your complaint we can’t formulate a plan of action to deal with the problem. We retain our video records for a time in order to review them and it is likely that we still have your video in our records.

Typically, multiple stoppage behaviors indicate the likelihood of something larger at fault. We would welcome the opportunity to re-inspect the line, with anyone of your choosing, to ensure that you have a proper and complete diagnosis.

Please contact me at [email protected] with your name and telephone contact number and I will be happy to accommodate in a time most convenient for you.

Phil Hopkins
                Director of Services

• Ri
                riptoff99 Jan 21, 2011

Mark:

Count your blessings, friend. My Plumber will overcharge for any service they perform. There is a reason why the dispatcher "doesn't have the price book" and can't tell you how much money you may be getting charged for a particular service. A $200 job will turn into $1000.

Consider yourself lucky to have avoided their $80 dispatch "thank you for coming to my house" fee and their $150 diagnosis "let me stand here and make a funny face while looking at this strange device in your house" fee. And lets not forget the "wow, those prices seem ridiculously high, but since I'm already in your pocket for $230, I might as well just bite the bullet and keep getting screwed.

Cheers,
                riptoff

MyPlumber Dec 02, 2010

Mark, the General Manager at My Plumber Heating and Cooling needs to hear from you. We don't have anything about this in our complaints records and in order to rectify the situtation we need information from you. Please call us at [protected] and ask for the General Manager regarding a customer service issue. We work hard to provide quality service to our customers and would really appreciate the opportunity to clear our record, with you.

MyPlumber, Annapolis, MD — Cost of service

The service was snaking a kitchen drain. The cost -- for a visit of 1 hour--was $371.54! Based on my research...