Pfizer / Tetracyclinetetracycline staining of the teeth

2 Review updated:

Anyone who has stained gray teeth from the use of Tetracycline as a kid, The main drug company who sold tetracycline back in the 60's and 70's was Pfizer.

They claim that they care about you and your health, If they do so care, Than they need to be man and woman enough to stand up and take blame and fix our teeth, It was us who had to walk around with ugly gray teeth so they could continue to push the sell of this drug knowing the damage it was doing.

It was us who had to go to school and face our class mates who made fun of our ugly gray teeth, It was us who wasn't excited to get up and go to school because of such laughter, It was us who now as adults have to put our hands over our face when we smile so no one will notice, It is us who have to explain to our children why our teeth is gray and no its not from not brushing, Its because a billion dollar business who makes drugs that are regulated by the government and wrote out by the doctors, The billion dollar drug company who claims they care so much about us.

Yes that is who the blame is on, Shame on you Pfizer for caring so much.

For caring so much that you would spends millions of dollars to fight the people who you caused damage to instead of paying out less to fix the problem. Yes the so caring drug maker who pushed the doctors and paid the doctor to write on a little piece of paper the word Tetracycline so they could take it to the pharmacy and get it filled.

Knowing from what the doctors told you about the damage to the teeth, Lets ignore that like it was never said. I say to anyone out there young and old if you have stained teeth damage from Tetracycline.

Please, Please send me an email to [protected]@bigstring.com

The more emails I get the better, Please get the word out if you know anyone who's teeth were damaged as stained gray from the use of Teracycline please give them my email and tell them to send me there first and last name, address and contact phone number.

Im going to take all the names etc and file a former complaint with Pfizer, And Im going to talk to a lawyer about filing a class action lawsuit against them.

Its not right, And we know its not right. So its time we stand up for what is right and fight back, If we have to boycott Pfizer than we shall do so, If your doctor gives you a drug, Find out if its made by Pfizer if so make him write you one that is made by a different drug maker.

Help me help you. This is American and its high time we start standing up as one. This country has went to ###, Or china I shall say, And its time when bring America back to its home.

Its time we stop sending jobs over sea's. Bring the jobs and troops home, Who care's that china's economy is booming, Our's was booming in the 90's until someone sold us out to china, No wonder there economy is booming.

Our government has let people from other countries come in here and buy us out, The sad thing is they gave them our tax dollars to start there business. I cannot remember the last time a true American was given money to start a business, Can you ? Never.

If our government would stop the corporations from sending our jobs oversea's we would not be in the shape we are in today. There is no place in america for greedy owners, We forgot to ship them oversea's.

Our government regulates drug makers, Why don't they step in and do something about damage thats related to drugs ? One reason that are just as responsible as the makers.

Please let me hear from you, This will not be the only website that I post on. I will make sure this is seen all over google, and other search engines. We shall not stop at no. Or it happen so long ago, That is a poor excuse, And we america's are tired of the excuses. Right. Im sure alot of people have spend sometime and effort in this matter, And you may have given up. But don't.

I saw a posting from a lawyer who laughed at a person who posted an add concerning Tetracycline and stained teeth, he said good luck. Shows how some not all lawyers don't care either. But it you flash money at them they seem to care alot than.

God Bless.

Heather WM Nov 25, 2021

PS. I had the grooves too but horizontal and a lot of my front teeth are mis shaped fangs

Heather WM Nov 25, 2021

Hello. Im a 54 yearold female from Scotland. My teeth have always been discoloured (badly discoloured) and I remember being so self conscious as a child that I never smiled either, excluding myself from Christmas Parties, Birthday Parties etc and when forced to attend I came across as a moody and unsociable child. It has for years been a major cause of depression for me and I guess it always will be . My teeth are now becoming increasingly more brittle too. Maybe something gets worse with the menopause? I need this year alone extractions, crowns, root canal treatment and 8 fillings. I brush, I floss and I irrigate.
    I simply can't afford new teeth

• Sr
    S R 795 Nov 24, 2021

Hello, I am a twenty seven year old male from Canada. Who has had some major issues with teeth all his life from tetracycline. Just today I went to be examined for a extraction of a molar. I have to be further examined because they are worried my teeth and gums are decaying and my teeth may fall out if not fixed. It's quite possible that I may have no teeth in the future and the damage from the tetracycline making my enamel porous and susceptible to decay might be irreversible. Hoping it's not the case but I'm not sure how much of the damage is done and my fate of discomfort and further emotional damage from growing up and being self conscious about my teeth will further impact me.

I would really like to get in contact with you and further discuss action or what we can do to stick together and stick it to pfizer this is terrible and wrong and ALL of us have some similar trauma and suffering because of this drug. Please reach out to me at [email protected] please thank you

• Co
    [email protected] Nov 10, 2021

60 yrs old 4 original teeth remain, denture wearer to this date I don't smile

• Bo
    Bobt47 Oct 29, 2021

I too have had to live with discoloured teeth thanks to tetracycline
    grey first teeth and yellow adult teeth
    I am 58 years old now but it has had a profound impact on my life
    Honestly think I would be a different person now if I had not been ridiculed and bullied as a child
    Even dentists have remarked about the colour and I've had to explain it, as they did not know anything about the effects of this antibiotic

• Ke
    Kellie Blake Sep 16, 2021

I knew there were others with stained teeth like mine. I always dread smiling in pictures or going to a new dentist, who immediately says, "tetracycline right". Right, but so wrong, why do I have to pay for "cosmetic treatments" for something a drug company did to me?

• Je
    Jeni Meals Schaffer Sep 01, 2021

Are you still collecting names etc. I too am a victim of this drug. I not only have gray teeth but I have spent thousands of dollars on crowns and now implants because of my weak teeth. I want in

• Ad
    Adrienne Spykers Aug 31, 2021

I am 52 years old and have blue sclera in both eyes and yellow iridescent teeth due to my mother taking tetracycline while she was pregnant with me. She was not warned of the side effects to her unborn child.
    As a result my eyes are incredibly sensitive to light, I cannot go out in even the slightest amount of sunlight without sunglasses.
    I have also suffered with numerous dental issues from multiple crowns being needed over the years, to yellow teeth that can not be whitened at all. My teeth are also sensitive to hot and cold.
    I’ve suffered with these conditions for most of my life, feeling they are worsening with age. I worry about how much worse these conditions can get and what I will lose as I get older. Pfizer should be held responsible for the damage this drug has done to those who have used it as well as those like me that were affected in the uterus.
    Adrienne Spykers

• Lo
    Loveline Kebreau Apr 27, 2021

My name is Loveline Kebreau I'm a victim of tetracycline stained teeth because of my teeth I feel like my whole life has been a joke and people look down on me or look at me like I never brush my teeth I've been depressed my whole life

• Ha
    Harriett Heisey May 13, 2021

@Loveline Kebreau I fully understand the agony visited upon the children of Tetracycline stained teeth and the health issues suffered. My daughter, born in 1962, was given Tetracycline as an infant and her permanent teeth came in a yellowish/brown. A condition with no corrective measures whatsoever at that time. Through the years we moved from "nothing can be done" to Crowns . However, in her young teen years the dentist advised against Crowns because of damage they do to the tooth during preparation. Thru the ensuing years, we asked repeatedly if there was something to remove or cover the stains. The answer was crowns. At 19, she received crowns on her two upper front teeth due to a fall that broke those teeth. Later she underwent whitening and I think bonding, but now she has suffered skin grafts to her gums. People who were given this nasty drug will never be free of the damage. When this first became known, the pharmaceutical and insurance companies successfully dismissed the damage as "cosmetic" and that has stuck to this day. Also, since it takes 5-10-20 years for the damage to become fully known, product liability and personal liability laws have successfully blocked litigation for remedy of the enormous damage suffered by victims.
    My question is this: Mesothelioma victims class action suits have successfully sued for damages from Asbestos inhaled 20+years and more ago. How did the legal profession get around the Statute of Limitations to bring the class action lawsuits across the nation? Certainly, the lung damage occurred more than the Statute of Limitations permits in many states. We are still seeing ads on TV to sign up if you are a Mesothelioma patient. Is there an answer for this anywhere?

• Ri
    Richard Mouat Feb 24, 2021

I sadly in 2015 was given mistakenly by my doctor Doxycycline when I was pregnant, my daughter age 4 and a half has 8 chipped Brocken teeth like small stumps.the dentist blames me and thinks it's sugar intake.my husband and 2 other son's all have perfect teeth no caverties or fillings.im fed up with being blamed.we have a solisiter who one day will see my daughter get the competition she deserves as ever day I blame myself.my email if anyone sees this is or can offer me any hope is [email protected]

• St
    Stanley Cactus Oct 28, 2019

I believe that similar procedures and treatments are best left to private clinics. Personally, I prefer just buying medicines from pfizer that really help. I advise you to see this article, maybe it will somehow outweigh your opinion.

• St
    Stanley Cactus Oct 28, 2019

@Stanley Cactus https://bestpharmacyreviews.com/pfizer-com/

Heather WM Nov 25, 2021

@Stanley Cactus I believe that not many of us can afford private clinics. Is this what you did?

• Ba
    BanTetra/Jen Aug 23, 2019

I, too, was given tetracycline as a 6-8 year old for ear infections. My teeth have been yellow-gray all of my life, despite vigorous brushing and assorted whitening products. My problem now is my teeth are literally cracking and splitting before falling out. I have an upper and lower partial but teeth continue to break and then I am without any teeth while my partial is sent out to get another tooth added. I’m at the point that I only have a few left and will need full dentures soon. Very costly, painful and time-consuming!

Lisalee1970 Jan 31, 2019

I am also a victim of tetracycline staining. I am 48 years old and have endured the embarrasement, teasing, and low self esteem from it. I have often wondered why their hasn't been a class action law suit. Pfizer is definitely responsible for the lifetime cost of a glamour smile for every person affected in addition to years of pain and suffering. Contact me with additional news and support regarding this. [email protected]

• Ez
    ezflex Dec 09, 2018

I was given Tetracycline off and on from 1956 (birth year) until the age of 8 in 1964. My baby teeth and permanent teeth were damaged. Permanent teeth have always been curled (how on Earth does enamel curl?), gray with grooves etched into them with dark yellowish staining horizontally across top and bottom front teeth. I never smiled in school, was bullied about my teeth, told to brush my teeth, etc. People used to ask if I had worn braces. In my 30's my teeth began breaking vertically and therefore were lost; I have only 1 molar remaining, 4 top teeth, and 9 teeth at the bottom front, also severely stained and etched. Over my life since my 30's my teeth have been ground down by dentists so much that anything hot or cold is extremely painful. They were attempting to remove most of the staining I believe, no knowing that the teeth are stained all the way through.

Currently at the age of 62, I have pulled money out of my 401k so that I will be able to chew food for the rest of my life. Though I have not saved a lot of money for retirement, I realize I must eat and other than my disappearing teeth I am healthy. My dentist has told me that just to be able to eat with comfort this is going to cost at least $25, 000. I am in the process of growing bone with bone grafts. My 4 remaining top teeth have been ground down to yellow nubs while my tissues are healing and the bone grafts are growing. I have a false veneer over the top 4 yellow nubs to protect them. I place soft food on my tongue and swallow to have nourishment, no chewing is possible. This will be my life for the next 4-6 months while my mouth heals enough for implants and crowns. I feel very fortunate to have a least some money available because I know that others do not have the means for this expensive process. I have spent money on crowns over the years when I could afford them but there have been times when that was not possible.

Do the right thing, YOU CAN'T EAT MONEY!

Julie J ([email protected])

Comments

Mary Shay Nov 11, 2018

Yes I have severe staining from tetracycline on my teeth. Very embarrassing and teeth decay easy because of it. I think someone owes us care of our teeth.

• Po
    Poesey Nov 06, 2018

Have tetracycline stains on teeth . Terrible as kid and adult. Was asked as a CHILD at times by other young peers if I was a smoker. Quite embarrassing. I have spent a lot of money trying to fix this problem as well. Reading these does stir up an anger in me .

• Ca
    Catherin Ellis Griffiths Apr 10, 2018

I'm in the uk, was given tetracycline as an infant, I'm 54 & only have 5 of my own teeth remaining on the bottom and full dentures on top. It's about time we were compensated by Pfizer with dental treatment. Reading your comments is quite comforting if infuriating, it's good to know I'm not alone feeling so desperate & self conscious x Cath UK

Lizzie H Apr 10, 2018

I too am a tetracycline victim. I was born with a hole in my heart in 1958. I was almost constantly on tetracycline for either preventative therapy due to heart, or for any cough, cold etc. Everything you all have said is the same for me. My first grade picture was the last school photo I did with a smile. At least the grey-green coloring matched my green dress. After my heart surgery in 1974, Boston Children's Hospital gave me veneers on the top front 6 teeth. In nursing school one of the veneers chipped off. Thankfully my best friend's father was a dentist and put on new veneers, gratis. Over the years, many of my teeth have been severely weakened and many have broken off. I am now in treatment for removing all my uppers and eventually lowers (once I can afford them) and getting dentures. It's the fault of the manufacturer. Not surprising that the $$ was/is more important than the toll on so many children. The devastation to my self-esteem has been enormous. Working at a hospital with such nasty looking teeth reinforced my insecurities directly related to the staining. If anyone does file a lawsuit, I'd like to be included. It is unconscionable and immoral of them.
    Liz H.

Lizzie H Apr 10, 2018

@Lizzie H If you do get a suit going, please notify me at [email protected]

Mark S Wilson Sep 22, 2017

My mother was prescribed tetracycline when she was pregnant and as a result I was born with stained teeth, and have experienced pain in all of my joints. I have had my knees, elbows, back operated on, and at age 53 had hip resurfacing done on my right hip and now need the same on my left. I have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on my stained, brittle teeth, and joint surgeries. I did get porcelain veneers but at a fortune and over time they break or crack as well. Now my cavity ridden teeth are breaking and falling out, usually after expensive root canals to save the teeth. I have also had stomach problems all my life as well. My parents told me I had a lot of issues when I was young and blame it on tetracycline poisoning. Yes, it is a poison.

JohnS1967 Aug 15, 2017

I find it to be a terrible misfortune to live in a country where people sue at the drop of a dime, but nothing can be done for the thousands that suffered a lifetime. I was never given a choice or told what would happen to my teeth when given this drug in the late 60’s. No amount of money would compensate for the effect this drug had on my life, both personally and professionally. It does seem fair that the corporation responsible for this pay to give those effected back their smiles. I too would love to be able to enjoy smiling at least once while still on this Earth.

Lindainmo Jun 24, 2017

After all these years has no one received compensation?

• Lo
    Loveline Kebreau Apr 27, 2021

@Lindainmo No if there's a compensation I pray I'm a part of it I'm a victim of tetracycline stained teeth I have depression because of it

• Gr
    Greg Tudor May 06, 2017

My Teeth were also ruined by Pfizer's Tetracycline . Pfizer are a a massive billion Dollar Company whose only concern is to make money even though the Drug it is responsible for creating has ruined probably thousands of people's teeth who - Like me were given this awful Tooth destroying drug as an innocent child. I too was often made fun of at school & growing up & all because of what this awful Tetracycline drug did to my teeth. It turned them dark grey green . It reached the point where I found the name calling Unbearable & would skip going to school. I lost a lot of my education because Tetracycline. I have tried emailing Pfizer's Pharmaceutical Company several time's but have never received any reply. I hate this company for the massive amount of distress that I has been caused to me because of their Tetracycline. Things got so bad with my embarrassment of the coluor of my teeth that at the age of 17 I had them capped by an NHS dentist - He made such a dreadful mess of them that at the age of 52 I've had to wear Dentures for the 5 years . And all because of a a big fat Greedy Company called Pfizer's they just couldn't care less about the probably huge amount of people whose lives together with this drug they have ruined. I wish a well known Lawyer would take them on, As we the victims are the one's who have had to endure this misery for many years & all because Pfizer refuse to take any responsibility for this.

• Mo
    Monk22 Oct 24, 2016

They put me on the drug at birth so there was no avoiding the inherent issues with the drug. One comment I did not see, though I did not read all of them, is the inability to donate bone marrow. Not only did I deal with the bullying and name calling my entire childhood, the drug removed all enamel from my adult teeth and has made them extremely brittle like a lot of the commenters here.
    I am hoping this attempt at a lawsuit is still open, please let me know at "[email protected]"
    thank you!

• Gl
    Gloria1968 Aug 07, 2016

I cried reading the former entries as I know how everyone feels and had no idea how many others went through the same things I have. Something must be done to make Pfizer help those of us who have been so traumatized by tetracycline. I was given tetracycline as an infant in 1968 for bronchitis. I had chronic trouble with my baby teeth and it got worse with my adult teeth. My adult teeth are discolored, have grooves in them, and a couple of molars were so misshapen they had to be removed. I was fortunate enough to have a dad who saw how I covered my mouth and tried not to smile, (I still don't like having my picture taken. ). My father helped me to get the front upper teeth capped at 16 which helped. It was horribly painful because I have problems with novocaine and the dentist didn't believe I could possibly feel what he was doing. Over 30 years later, The caps are popping off and one tooth has become weakened by being ground down and snapped. I had to save for a root canal and an implant. I did veneer the bottom front, but they are wearing away and breaking. All the caps.need to be replaced but I can't afford to do it as I am now on disability due to Sjogren's and MS..please let me know about a lawsuit as I am interested in joining.

• Ca
    Carrie G. Jun 16, 2016

I was born in June of 1960, and due to severe asthma attacks I was given large doses ofTetracycline for several years. I too have severe greying of my teeth. Many crowns, bridges and root canals has plagued my life ever since I could remember. I am now dealing with three missing back teeth, in a row. Chewing on only one side of my mouth has brought me to my current situation of looking into implants, which I cannot afford. I have several other health issues, one of which is MS, so I am living on a fixed income from social security disability which covers only my health insurance. Due to lost income, I have spent all of my IRA retirement to help keep our mortgage payments paid, so my house won't be lost.
    I am dying inside, and was hoping that someone has started a law suit against Pfizer to help all of us in this situation.

Michael S Fricker May 28, 2016

Hi, I was given tetracycline in Nova Scotia, Canada, while under the age of eight, sometime between 1972 and 1976 for frequent ear infections. It destroyed the enamel on my baby teeth resulting in most of htem being pulled. My adult teeth came in larger, crooked, and yellow. They have always been prone to cavities, every checkup resulting in at least one filling or extraction, usually more. A few years back, they began breaking off near the gum without any sign of damage beforehand and fortunately no pain. Weakened, dead, and rotten from the inside. I’ve lost over half my upper teeth and numerous lower ones this way requiring replacements built on posts where possible and leaving gaps that have left me with one good chewing contact. An upper plate seems inevitable.

Needless to say this has been embarrassing, painful, and expensive. I’m autistic and find dentists especially traumatizing, every time. It has affected my life also its entire length.

• Ka
    Kathy Pistole May 12, 2016

I have tetracycline stains on my teeth from being given it as a child for chronic bronchitis. At the time the drug hadn't been on the market very long and this discoloration side-effect was not known . I am a 57 year old female with badly stained teeth who has been asked all my life if I was mad/sad/pissed off/you name it just because I rarely smiled. In photographs you can see how gray the bottoms of my teeth look if I even crack a hint of a smile. I'm not a wealthy person and the last estimate I got to put porcelain veneers on just the top front 8 teeth was over $22, 000! How can one afford that? I don't want a lot, but I think that drug companies should be made to pay for fixing patients smiles with veneers...the statute of limitations may have run out, but I think that in some states, there is some leeway in regards to this. Please add me to your list of complaints.
    Kathy Pistole

• De
    Deborah Wieser Jan 06, 2016

Over our lifetimes, We have spent many thousands of dollars on our teeth due to the damages from tetracycline. Someone should help us with this. Why not is our government helping those that have been damaged by this drug??
    Deborah, Cindy, & Tammy Wieser

• De
    Deborah Wieser Jan 06, 2016

I have spent thousands of dollars over the years on my teeth. Recently, in my late 50's I married and my husband paid for a complete dental reconstruction due to my stained teeth and damage by the drug tetracycline. Same issues as everyone else cursed by this drug. Life as a child and teenager was terrible always covering my mouth. Then later in years, the dental work was very painful. As you age, it all has to be redone. I must have spent over my life at least $100, 000 on my teeth. Shame on this company and our government for not setting up a fund to help those who have not fixed their teeth and to reimburse us for the damages and costs that they created with administering this drug. I agree a lawsuit is appropriate. JUST NOT RIGHT!!! Surely there is someone who cares???? Deborah Barfield contact me at [email protected] Houston, Texas.

• Gi
    g in Reno Nov 24, 2015

I am 59 (born in 1956) and I also have suffered with ugly gray discolored teeth because of tetracycline. My Mother was a nurse and my Dad and Uncle were doctors. As a kid, every time I got a sick with a cold, strep throat, ear infections or anything I was given tetracycline. They did not know that tetracycline would do this. As a result, my teeth are discolored. At the age of 21 I did get 6 front crowns which helped some but now I am faced with having to replace them all because they are old. If there is a class-action lawsuit addressing this I would also like to know. Email me at [email protected]

• Da
    Dawn D. Nov 24, 2015

I am 55 and I too have suffered with gray teeth because of Pfizer and the FDA who I found out knew about it and did nothing to stop it, and it's been miserable. I would love to join in on a lawsuit if there is one. Please email me and let me know. My email is [email protected]

• Wd
    WDXM37 Sep 23, 2015

Hi!
    My name is Jeff, and I have suffered from the badly stained teeth caused from my mother being prescribed Tetracyline while I was in her womb in 1955-56. I was born in Ca. in May 1956. The stained teeth did not show up right away when I was two or three, but as my permanent teeth came in, they were all stained greyish-green. This condition caused me to be endlessly teased by the other kids throughout my elementary school years from 1962 to 1970. It bothered me so much that I tried to remove the stains by (are you all ready??) brushing my teeth with bleach, then Ajax and Comet cleansers; then the final effort: Scraping all my front teeth with new razor blades! Nothing helped, and all I did was to further damage and weaken my teeth. I brush and floss regularly what teeth I do have left. Almost all my back teeth are broken and crumbling. I want SOMEONE at Pfizer to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for THEIR SCREWUP! Let's get together and start a class-action lawsuit against Pfizer. Somewhere there has to be an attorney who, like us, has stained teeth, and is mad as hell like us?
    This side-effect tooth condition caused me to be introverted and overly self-conscious. I rarely smiled, making me seem unsociable and unfriendly. Needless to say, I was inhibited from seeking out employment where I had to be "smiling" or greeting others. I suffered in my personal life, too. Too embarrassed to go to my prom or out on a date. Psychologically, I was a mess. I simply decided to grow a long mustache to cover my teeth/mouth way back in 1973. I have had it for all these years! I had to pass up two promotions at a winery and another large US rubber company where workers were "discouraged" to have facial hair.
    As far as relationships were concerned, the trick was to find a mate with the same stained teeth! Ha Ha!
    I have not been able to afford the cosmetic procedures over the years, but I am faced with ugly, stained teeth and I have some decisions to make. I would still like to get them capped, etc. In this age, it seems as though more and more people who have been hurt or damaged by some medical product or procedure are finding a support group and/or an attorney who listen and take legal action against the offending company. Just look at all the lawsuits against the auto makers, food companies and DRUG companies.
    What I (and probably everyone else) wants is to sue Pfizer and receive damages for the psychological loss of identity, self-confidence, and finally restitution for reimbursement and /or costs relating to all dental procedures to restore those damaged teeth to something more normal than the greenish grey color that so many people have suffered so long with.
    Is there, or has there been any type of class-action lawsuit addressing the side-effects of Tetracycline? If ANYONE has ANYTHING legal on this subject, PLEASE email me at: [email protected]
    Thank you all!

• Lk
    lklRPh Aug 27, 2015

I always wondered why those of us with high dental bills due to tetra teeth had no recourse. Having dark teeth has become especially difficult now, with the advent of tooth whitening. Others have teeth so unnaturally white that mine now look even worse in comparison. Studies have also shown that people with "bad teeth' are perceived as of a lower socioeconomic class. This is not right. Shame on pfizer.

• Pa
    patty58 Aug 25, 2015

I also suffered from ugly, gray stained teeth because of tetracycline I was given as a child in the 1960's. I felt ashamed, embarrassed, low self esteem, depressed, etc. as a result. In the 1980's I spent over $4, 000.00 on veneers and after a few months the gray began showing through! It wasn't possible to cover all of my teeth anyway and only resulted in more dental problems not to mention PAIN. It wasn't worth the COST. Despite my excellent dental hygiene, I have had to endure the PAIN and EXPENSE of fillings, crowns and implants as a direct result of tetracycline weakening my teeth. Now, at the age of 57 I have lost all of my teeth, enduring the PAIN and COST of having them pulled. I spent over $10, 000.00 to purchase dentures with implants in the hopes that they will be comfortable and stay in place. It has been a painful and costly ordeal for me because a pharmaceutical company cares more about making money than helping people. They should have to pay the consequences for their malpractice. God Bless you fellow sufferers.

MikeM2015 Jul 20, 2015

Add my brother and I to this sad list. We too were given antibiotics as babies, in the late 1950's, that stained our adult teeth although I think in our case the drug was actually Erythromycin. We too have suffered all the attendant difficulties and indignities of having had such damaged teeth for over fifty years now. Count us as ready to join a lawsuit too. We should all have been compensated long ago.

MikeM2015 Jul 20, 2015

Add my brother and I to this sad list. We were given antibiotics as babies, in the late 1950's, that stained our adult teeth although I think in our case the drug was actually Erythromycin. We too have suffered all the attendant difficulties and indignities of having had such damaged teeth throughout our lives. We would both love to join a law suit and certainly all of us who have been so severely affected for so many years deserve to be compensated. We should all have been compensated long ago.

• ginadicamil Jun 22, 2015

This has haunted me my entire life. I have had people rudely say dont you brush your teeth?
    Sometimes i tried to explain but when younger i could not explain properly this left me so self consciuos i never smiled unless i was around my family only! Even then i wouod often cover my mouth with my hand kind of like the shy demure little jaanese girls who do that and look so cute for me it wasnt cute it was sheer misery it kept me from so many things dating be ing asked to date even i think friendships with other girls my age they thought i was dirty though i bathed and brushed everyday
    i would hear people whispering about me and my concentration became so bad that i wasnt focusing on schoool and therefore my grades suffered too i never tried out for any sort of sport or tried to join any groups because i felt really ugly and sadly despite knowing it isnt my fault i still do! I AM 46! Eventually i dd marry at 19 and my ex was pretty abusive about everything of course my teeth werent left out of his critcal remarks even though i explained and he pretended to understand i even overheard his mother say oh she is pretty but why she doesnt brush her teeth i will never understand! Imagine how humiliating that is? Yeah he saw me brush didnt matter though. My mother explained i was allergic to other anti biotics the doctor told her the medication could weaken my bones and teeth nothing was said about the staining i ran such high temperatures when i was young and had many throat troubles the only other solution was to let the infection go but nobody would do that to their baby toddler, young child, thankfully i grew out of te aloergy to other antibiotics by the time i was a teen too bad i got tonsilitus and strepp throat every year!

• Dl
    Dlorisingit Jun 14, 2015

I think something should be done about this. Some sort of reimbursement for this. I was born in 1965 and have embarrassing stains on my front teeth all my life. Both my brother and sister have beautiful straight teeth and have never had to have braces. I would have the same teeth if mine were not stained so badly. I will be turning 50 this year. I am so sick and tired of having stained teeth. It has just been horrible. I have always been self conscious about it. It has caused so much anxiety. Just for this alone there should be compensation. I see all the young kids with beautiful teeth these days. It makes me jealous because I never had the opportunity to have beautiful teeth and a beautiful smile. I'm pissed!

• Bi
    Big Bird 54 Apr 21, 2015

Hi really interesting blog, never thought of asking the question before, but there are loads of us out there! so many common complaints, never smile with open mouth on photos, teased as kid, I have a great sense of humour but never laugh out loud...other side effects someone's listed match me too, i have irritable syndrome and had stomach problems for last 20 years...I'm 54 born in UK in 1961 - teeth badly stained but never realised so many other people out there too, really feel for everyone, it's been a tough break just to have some slight relief for a cough when we were kids :¬( In the UK we are notoriously bad with getting teeth fixed but mine are so straight - it's just the staining that has dogged me all these years!

Maria1959 Feb 25, 2015

I was born in 1959. I was given tetracycline when I was young for ear infections of which I had many. My teeth are a brownish gray color with ridges on top close to the gums. My dentist isn't sure if veneers will cover the color of my teeth. He feels the color may show though the veneers. I have two cousins who also have the problem of tetracycline stained and ridged teeth. I don't have the money it would take to make my smile decent. I've been looking for a site like and I'm haapy that I found it.