Petsunlimited.comScam company - please don't use it!

K

I signed up in May of 2006 with a free account. I kept getting messages that there were people trying to contact me with information about Pekingeses to sell. However, I couldn't see their information until I paid the $14.95. Once I paid the $14.95 I tried to contact those who had apparently tried to contact me and they never replied. I kept trying to seek out other puppies and the ads were so old that the puppies were always gone or the people never responded.

By this time, I gave up and went to another website where I was successful in finding our new puppy. The name of that website is puppyfind.com. They were wonderful to work with. Out new puppy is healthy, beautiful and so much fun. I would definitely use them again. I paid a fee and once the fee expired - they did not charge me again. It was up to me to re-apply. The way you expect it to work.

PetsUnlimited never ever contacted me again after I paid the money to advise me about other puppies being available. Since I had already gone to another website I totally forgot about them. Then I suddenly remembered when I saw that they had charged me again for $14.95. I tried to contact them, but all you get is the recorded message. I went to the website and they do have a statement at the bottom of their "faqs" page that if you do not cancel they will continue to bill you.

I strongly advise you to NOT use this website. I was enticed to spend the money to join if I wanted to respond to the scam e-mails, and once I did I could never contact them. Then they had the audacity to charge me again. It does say in the "faqs" that if they charge you that they will not give you a refund. Too bad for me to learn the hard way!!! I am obviously not the only one. I hope more people post their experiences and warn other people to NOT fall into the same trap.

I hope this helps.

• Na
    Natalie Taylor May 22, 2007

I have had a very similar experience with petsunlimited.com. This company will continue to make unauthorized charges against your account even after you have canceled your subscription--that is exactly what they have done to me and it's impossible to contact them by telephone. Apparently they are based in Reston, Virginia. I will be filing a complaint with the Viriginia Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau tomorrow.

Jared M May 31, 2007

I had a very similar issue with them. I signed up for a basic account 04/2006 and cancelled my account 06/2006, after I had found the dog I wanted. I continued to get charged up until05/2007 at $5.95/month. I wrote them several times explaining the situation and I didn't get one response. I reported them to the BBB, but I don't know if it will get any where. The thing that irritated me the most was that no one responded. And the damn phone number just goes to computer answering service. Anyways, atleast they aren't charging me anymore.

Jared M May 31, 2007

Heres something I found while doing a google search. This is "Petsunlimited.com" company info.

Domain name registration details:

CITY: MINERAL STATE: VA ZIP: 23117-0000
    STATUS: D DIRECTOR EFF DATE: 10/17/01 LOC: 154 LOUISA COUNTY

• Ka
    Kathy Ellis Jul 26, 2007

Update on my previous statement.

Just want to let you know that I filed a complaint with my credit card company. I had to provide documentation - but they credited my account. Maybe you can do the same.

Good Luck - Kathy.

• Ev
    Everett Jones Aug 07, 2007

In order for scams to work, there are others being paid to look the other way.

• Bt
    B the Change U Want To C Aug 21, 2007

Oh my god...just got off of a HEATED email exchange w/ a "Jason" in customer service. Aside from the fact that I was pissed, there was no # to call....but like many of you above, my ONE TIME membership fee of $14.95 last year turned into $5.95 a month starting in July 07. It's so bogus and outrageous, that I thought i would automatically receive a refund.

However, he only would refund one payment and told they me to basically buzz off and read the fine print. When I told him that no email was ever sent to me indicating a change in membership or payment, he wrote and I quote "where is it written in stone that we have to send emails about it?"

Honestly, I couldn't believe he had the gall to write that in the im exchange. Now I'm really really irritated. I don't live in whatever state this company resides, but i will send complaints to the BBB and the Attorney's General office. BEWARE of this company!!!!

• Cy
    Cynthia McGee Dec 21, 2007

I PLACED A AD ON THERE DEC 18 ,2007 ABOUT SELLING MALTESE PUPPIES AND DIDN'T WANT TO PAY ONLINE, SO I E-MAILED THEM TWICE TO GET THEIR PHONE NUMBER SO I COULD ADIVATE MY AD TO PAY AND STILL NOTHING !
    SO I THINKKKK THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE CREDIT CARD TO BILL YOU MONTHLY.
    SOOOOO NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY LOST OUT ON A GOOD WORKING HONEST MONEY PAYING CUSTOMER, AND I STILL HAVE ONE PUPPY LEFT YA'LL,
    CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

• Qu
    queen Jan 12, 2008

Hello there,

I presently have two capuchin monkey for sale to special capuchin monkey lovers. Please i came to put that ad on this web site and i found so many negative complain which discourage me from putting that ad there. So now i am anouncing that please anyone out there looking for a capuchin monkey here is available two babies. Please email me directly at queen. [email protected]

christine lawson Apr 02, 2008

I would love to purchase one of your capuchin monkey babies. Please call me with price and details at 336-293-4243 thanks chris.

J. anyomous May 23, 2008

There are two different pets unlimited. One is a legit org, the other goes by PetsUnlimited.com to confuse people, the first has no capitol letters, it is the latter where they tried to scam me.

J. anyomous May 24, 2008

PetsUnlimited tried to call me again. I at one time had their phone number but was too stupid to write it down. it is an overseas number starting with 000.

There are two petsunlimited.coms, the latter with the capital letters in it is the one scamming. I have no clue as to the other...

• Na
    Nanci Kyhn May 28, 2008

I have canceled NUMEROUS times and still am receiving email notices!! I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE CORRESPONDENCE FROM PETSUNIMITED.COM!!

J. anyomous May 30, 2008

The people who telemarketed me to igeet me to sign up on thie site are nigherian scammers pulling the same stunt with PetsUnlimited.com I recognized their voices, do not fall for their scam. do not release your credit card information. Do not join!!!

• Pe
    PetsUnlimited.Com Support Jun 09, 2008

Please contact [email protected] if you have any unresolved issues.

• Ji
    Jim Draper Jul 08, 2008

you can try to contact them at [email protected] but they don't ever respond i have sent several emails and still no response its too bad ### companies like this are out there to screw consumers.

• Te
    tera rose Sep 02, 2008

they are ripping me off right now and still

• Pu
    Puppyfindfraud.com Jan 09, 2009

They have their contact information hidden, but it is listed on the website puppyfindfraud.com

• Pi
    Pinkfon Jul 27, 2009

AMEN!!! These people are scammers from the word go! I got absolutely nothing from them even though they kept claiming they had interested people in my cats, I GOT NOTTA after I paid the $9.95 I had to cancel my debit card to stop the billing! I tried e-mailing phoning and canceled like 3 times, and still kept getting billed! THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE! Don't deal with this company!

• Al
    Aldauva Dec 16, 2009

I AGREE with EVERYONE, this company is a big stupid joke! I "subscribed" 3 years ago as I was looking for a dog. We found one at a local rescue place instead but had to give her to friends 4 months later because my daughter was allergic. I have tried to "UNSUBSCRIBE" to their emails for over 2 years and it doesn't work! I am so pissed off and frustrated by these jerks and there is NO PHONE NUMBER!
    I wonder if they can be sued over something like this. I would hate to go to the trouble but it's the principle!

• Do
    Donna Kelley Dec 13, 2011

To make a long story short I bought sick fish from them. They started dying on day 2. Would not give refund or replace fish. They avoided me, had no desire to help, and basically told me to get the hell out of their store. They were not interested in customer service. Took my money and didn't mind telling me I would not be getting it back. Worst customer service I have EVER received in my life! I will never go to their store again.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices