PetSmartdisrespectful and discriminatory work environment

A Nov 05, 2018

I am pregnant and i was working in the grooming salon in petsmart store #0453. I informed the managers of my pregnancy and due to not having insurance asked to take it easy with certain dogs since i hadn't been to a doctor yet, this is my first pregnancy and i already suffer from epilepsy and high blood pressure. The managers seemed to understand but yet continued to deduct my hours to literally almost nothing. On Saturday November 3, 2018, i was booked with numerous large dogs in a short amount of time and had expressed not being fully comfortable with that due to the fact that some of the dogs had never been to the grooming salon before. I informed the managers and they asked that i contact an Assosciate to come in and help. I told them if they couldnt come in that it wasn't a big deal and when they responded saying they were busy i said Nevermind but the associate took it upon herself to text me extremely innappropriate and uncalled for texts on how i "needed to work harder and that they have helped me repeatedly even though i haven't seen them in 2 months time and told me how they understood i was going through things and how i couldn't just handle the job." The treatment and statements made towards me AFTER i expressed the medical condition is ridiculous and honestly extremely disrespectful.

disrespectful and discriminatory work environment
disrespectful and discriminatory work environment

• Ji
    Jim Nunez Nov 12, 2018

Goes to prove how the employees are treated at PetSmart. Look at store 0574 in Moorestown, NJ. It's been over a year since the employees and managers lost their jobs. No one asked or investigated from corporate why it happened. Goes to show that we have no rights as employees. We have no resolve.