Petcoretail prices - buyer beware!

C

I am writing this review not to criticize the above product (which is of very good quality and performance) but rather to address the a pricing issue with the product. On 7/11/06, I bought this heater from the Johnstown, Pennsylvania Petco store. Upon checking out, I thought the price was too high when compared to Petco's online store as well as other online retailers. When I compared the prices that evening, the online price (w/o) shipping was $20 compared to the $40 I paid retail. I called both the store and Petco Inc. the following morning, and Petco representatives stated that they do not price match between the retail and online stores due to differing contract obligations. I priced the item on Amazon and with non-expedited shipping, the cost of the item would have only been $27.00.

Buyer beware - either buy from Petco's online store, another comparable online stores, or more preferably, support your local pet retailers and purchase from them as the Petco Retail Stores have basically been given a license to significantly overcharge customers. I highly doubt I will be shopping at Petco again until this policy is changed. There are other stores that price match between online and retail stores - like Circuit City - and there is no excuse for such a policy.

• Mm
    M Moon Aug 03, 2007

Petco Rewards program is a scam. If you go into the store they will tell you that you will get a coupon in the mail. If you call the number they tell you that it will automatically deduct the price from your total and that they don't send out coupons.

• St
    steavealoha Sep 02, 2009

the petco at kissimmee fl change their prices every sunday new low prices is a scam I prefer to buy my dog and cat food at pet supermarket they always 4 to 8 dollars cheaper than petco.
    the only thing I see that know one can bit is their aquatic plant and some fish. by the way their aquatics staff is very knowledgeable and always ready to help you.

• Le
    Lenni8 Aug 28, 2018

I always purchase my dog food at PETCO, Store #1724 in Pennsylvania. Everyone is helpful and nice, the store is stocked and looks clean. But the SMELL inside the store is so bad I could vomit. Please do something about the smell, before you lose good customers!

• Ri
    Rita becke Sep 01, 2018

Why after 3 years of store purchases am i just now getting coupins or any discounts. Bullshit. Ive taken my business elsewhere

• To
    Tommy coppe Sep 10, 2018

I was in your store in King George va and there was a lady was really rude and did not want to take time to help me at all I asked someone her name and it was Christina I believe she said. There was another lady that helped me by answering my questions was zoey really friendly and willing to help I will come back cause of her

• La
    Lacy Cunningham Sep 18, 2018

As soon as I bought a product from your company, your company left crap on my phone. When I'm done talking on the phone a pop up is there to buy more Petco products instead of my dialpad numbers. This is not okay with me waisting my time I don't have, thanks for being annoying. Should have never bought from you again regretting it sorely.

• To
    Tom Mack Sep 18, 2018

Every thing I want to order on petco online store out of stock it is false advertisement, and out of stock on things I wont buy too, and asking in store they have sale on fish once a month, petco would not tell me the time and date of up coming sale of there fish, or promotion

• Dr
    dragonsmoke29 Sep 20, 2018

There is NEVER any help anywhere in the Patchogue, NY store, especially the cricket / fish area. The excuse every time is they are understaffed. This is a huge problem for every person I talk to while waiting for someone to help me. On average it's a 5-10 minute wait, UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Hi
    Hirano Rocio Oct 21, 2018

I had taken my miniature puddle before at other Petco location for grooming a Teddy bear hair cut without any problem. Today at a new location, I was told he will be ready in 3 hous and when I got back, I almost cry hey made a terrible job, his bold

• Lk
    Lkoytek Oct 22, 2018

Petco canceled my order after they changed the price of the items I bought online. I called customer service and got someone from another country that couldn't understand me!!! They were very rude and did not help me at all. Just told me there was nothing that they can do! I also went into the store and they wouldn't price match anything for me!!!

• Dy
    Dystinee Aldaco Oct 27, 2018

I'm concerned with a manager (Lynda Landa) at Petco in Sacramento, on Arden way. She and an employee (Natalie Cornejo) that works for her have an intimate relationship in and outside of work which is absolutely not okay! Im not okay shopping there knowing this is going on it is absolutely disgusting and unprofessional!!!

• Is
    Isabella Miller. Oct 31, 2018

I recently went in to purchase cat food and stopped by to visit some of the cats that are up for adoption in the Pulaski and Lawrence store in Chicago. There is a white short haired cat there that has a terrible ear infection and should be looked at.

• Wh
    WhyamImakingausername Nov 12, 2018

Every time I buy my dog's food from your store in Naples, in with bed bath and beyond and panera. I have to bring it back because it's full of bugs. They are always flying around in your store, it's ridiculous. I'll be going a couple miles down the road to Pet Supermarket from now on.

Joseph York56 Aug 17, 2019

Web page gives a price and the store does not honor the pricing they have a different price in the store I will not go to petco no more I have spent so
    Much money there I am done with them and I noticed the tanks are dirty and many dead fish I am talking about the gilford nh store on lakeshore drive

• St
    Steve ferrante Oct 07, 2019

Shopped this store on 9/10/2019 used the rest room which was disgustingly dirty and sewer flys all over . Got to the bottom of my dog food bag and there where maggots in the food, filed a complaint with petco and no surprise did not hear back from them . Do not shop petco anymore

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices