Having problems with Optimum?

Optimum reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 10, 2008. The latest review Telephone service was posted on Apr 6, 2021. The latest complaint no call back it has been over 2 weeks of dealing with this issue was resolved on Oct 04, 2018. Optimum has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 693 reviews. Optimum has resolved 37 complaints.

Optimum Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 200 7273 (Customer Service)
+1 973 230 6048 (New Jersey, CS)
+1 973 230 2037 (New Jersey, Sales)
+1 203 870 2583 (Connecticut, CS)
+1 203 870 2492 (Connecticut, Sales)
+1 631 393 0637 (Long Island, CS)
+1 631 393 0707 (Long Island, Sales)
+1 718 860 3514 (NY: Bronx / Brooklyn / Westchester, CS)
+1 718 975 1140 (NY: Bronx / Brooklyn / Westchester, Sales)
6 Corporate Center Drive
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Optimum Complaints & Reviews

Optimum — internet service interruption all the time, was charged $80 dollar for service call

I subscribed for 100Mbps, for the past six months I have been getting intermittent service, sometimes it can...

Optimum cablevisionservice shut off for no reason

This past Monday cable guy shut off our service and flagged the pole for "leakage". Said someone would be back on Wed to fix the problem at the pole and restore service. We have a sick elderly relative with us with no cell phone. He just got back from hosp with resp. issues. Had no access to call for help if needed as we work during the day 12 hrs shifts. When I called Mon. night to see if the problem could be fixed sooner Rep very rude and even said we could get satellite service if we are unhappy. Today Thursday I called a supervisor to get credited the 3 days. He states nothing he could do. REALLY? This is crazy. Tech who fixed the problem on Wed said the first guy didn't have to shut off our service for this problem. YOU CAN"T MAKE THIS STUFF UP !!!

Optimumtech charge

I paid for my cable wires, picked up both cable boxes. Both cable boxes didn't work and I was on the phone with a tech that couldn't help. I was misinformed the next day by a supervisor named Coleen who told me to go back to the store to activate them. Then I was forced to get a tech sent to my house that only tightened a lose wire now I'm getting charged 80.00!!

Optimum — tv service

I watch ESPN, ESPN 2 and TLC channels. For the last six months mainly in the evenings, these stations are...

Optimumall services

I have had 2 technicians out to the house. Both has claimed to fix the problem. It is still not fixed!!! I have asked for a credit for the month I have not had services! No credit, no tv, no phone, no internet no more excuses!! Fix it or take all your equipment out of my house!!! Worst service I have ever had!!! Nasty customer service no way to call corporate!! Like speaking with 5 year olds who do not understand sat words!!!

Optimumcustomer service 800 number

Who are you hiring for customer service? I spoke to an African-American man who clearly doesnt have a 4th grade education. He could not speak or understand sentences and made the call 100 times more difficult. He said his name was "Mathews"but I overheard the woman helping him call him earl. Have you no respect for customers? Ill be leaving Optimum

Optimumcustomer service

After what I just went through I don't imagine this Falling on anything but deaf ears is but I might as well give it a shot. A month or so ago I received a new modem from optimum. I hesitated installing it because the service was already reliable. After a speaking to an optimum rep assuring me the new modem was meant to speed up our internet service d have it work better with the optimum network overall. So I installed the new modem a few weeks ago. Then my internet service stopped working. I called to have a tech come by and asked if I was going to be charged for the visit. They assured me I would only be charged if the fault was my own. The tech showed up, identified the problem being the splitter from the original installation (from over a decade ago). He removed the broken splitter and replaced it with a new one.

Today I called customer service and was told that I would be charged $80 for the service charge and they're is nothing I can do about it.

The fault lied with a cable splitter inside the house that optimum installed originally which was completely cut out after installing a new modem that optimum sent me.

And as for my signing of the work at the end, it was presented as aknoledgment of the work. There was no option to agree or disgreee to any charges, just a open area for a signature.

Now I've been a customer since optimum offers internet services regardless of better service being offers at better prices from other competitors.

I feel completely betrayed by the company and staff for putting themselves in a potisiton where "they can't do anything about it".

This needs to be remedied.

[protected]@gmail.com

• Mi
              Michael Colangelo Jul 20, 2018

The problem is that they are a pack of liars

• Tc
              Tchotcho Sanvi Jul 14, 2018

The damage of the box is not our own fault. It is about the box providing to the all building.

Optimumcable

Optimum company had someone come to my house to collect your cable after one month not paying the bill. I went with Verizon because Optimum Customer service is horrible and my bill is never the same price. The way amount I pay is $188 plus a month for 2 cable boxes. I have to climb mountains to speak to a Customer service representative. The last thing how dare Optimum have a man come to my house to pick up the boxes unannounced state in the hallway since I haven't paid my bill he coming to collect the boxes. I live in a big building people now know my business. Disgusting company you are so unprofessional.

Optimum — theft of services

On June 14th when I went to the doctors my cable and internet were working fine. When I came home around 4pm...

Optimumcable internet and phone

I was suppose to have this service installed on Thursday. The altice boxes don't work. I have no cable or internet. I have called every day since. Suppose to come today to give me old Samsung boxes, modem, router. No one came said they had to deal with another problem. I waited three hours with nothing, I'm not pleased with this service or their customer service representatives. I wish I could have Verizon fios. If this continues I'm going to call consumer affairs or better business bureau. I'm aggravated by the entire experience

Optimumunethical behavior

Today, July 2, 2018, I, Janelyse Banos, called to discontinue my service with optimum. The representative who was supposed to assist me was incredibly rude and argued with me to try and get me to stay with optimum. When I asked her to change her attitude and to be transferred to a supervisor/manager she quickly hung up the phone call after being on hold for half an hour. I'm unsure how to pronounce her name however I know it begins with the letter T and since the calls are recorded there should be no trouble locating who she is. Because this representative was so nasty to me, the customer, I am demanding my termination fees be waived and a letter of apology from her and her supervisor.

Optimum — worst customer, reps., pamela malie jamel

I am number one customer for optimum. Victor arevalo. [protected]. Pamela, malie and jamel wasted my time...

Optimummini box. cable service not working

I had this service for three months.. I have had problems from the beginning..when I moved to this location. I had xfinity but unfortunately they didn't service this area..so I was trying to find something similar.. no way optimum has features or the whole package like xfinity .. I am so disappointed of this service the Netflix, DVR, remote control and others.. I had a problem on 6/26/18 my mini box stop working and now I can't watch tv in my bedroom.. I called optimum and spoke with Pedro.. he was pleasant, helpful and understanding to customers needs.. he trued to fix my issues but couldn't.. I was scheduled for a technician to change my box between the hours of 10:00 am -8:00 pm. this morning I received a phone from this rude customer service representative stating that we don't have such hours like that .. I was off today and waiting, for someone to come out..mu next day off is Saturday, now I have to wait until.. this is the worst service I had with cable.. some of your customer service representative are rude. I will be looking into a better service soon and will no longer use this service..(horrible)

mini box. cable service not working

Optimumaltice boxes and services

Help me please, I have the new altice one boxes instilled n february and to this day my boxes still have problems. Since day one I have not been able to enjoy any of my dvr recordings or on demand programming, I have called customer service about 100 times with 7 service visits to my home and still have the same problems, I love your service and hate to leave but I am at the end of my rope, no one seems to want or now how to help me, not fair that I have to pay the full bill when I an not receiving what I am paying for... They need to support the customers and take off the bill when there boxes don't work, 19 times something goes wrong out of the month.

Optimuminternet service and billing

Optimum increased their internet service by $10 without any proper notification. When I reached out to customer service, they first hung up on me on the phone.

Via the chat window, they kept telling me to look at page 2 of my bill. I explained I do paperless billing, and after 15 minutes, I was told that I needed to open my bill as a PDF to see the notification about the increase. Why would this not be on the online screen? How can the expectation be that customers who use paperless billing will also always want to open their bill as PDF?!

This is sneaky as all get out. I'm hoping and waiting for other internet service in our area so I can terminate my service with them.

Optimummy bill keeps going higher and higher for just internet service.

I called and spoke to two reps who very rudely told me there wasn't anything that they could do because the promotion on my account was terminated. As per the promo I HAD to have TV on my services regardless of the fact that I was NOT using TV service, so Optimum was stealing from me for months. Now that the so called promotion is over, I'm trying to have that original TV service that I DO NOT USE removed and the reps keep giving me the run around with that. So now I am stuck paying $100 for really bad internet for two cycles when I want NOTHING to do with Optimum, I have never had such a bad experience with any provider, I am disgusted with the service and none of the reps wanted to transfer me to a supervisor, because they knew they were being extremely rude and not helpful at all. I refuse to pay that balance and I will seek legal action to handle this situation like it should have been handled from the beginning. WORSE SERVICE PROVIDER IN THE WORD!!!

Optimumconstant increases in monthly bills

They just increased my monthly bill by $2.04
                          This time it's a additional $1.00 for Broadcast TV Surcharge & another $1.00 for Sports TV Surcharge.
                          Why are these thieves charging these Surcharges
                          when I'm already paying for a premium package which should already include these charges.
                          It's always something with this company & the service their providing sucks especially their tv, internet & mobile service.

Optimum — customer service

On 06/21/2018 I spoke with customer service and ask when will be my next monthly bill because I will like to...

Optimuminternet service

A tech showed up at my apartment . He stated he needed to pick up equipment due to nonpayment. The bill is $106. Nopne contacted me about this practice.I have no such policy in the handbook they gave me. I would like to speak to a supervisor in regards to this matter. I would also like to add that when I lived in the household with Mr. Kenneth Draper who also received optimum in 2017, no one ever came to the apartment to pick up equipment. The company spoke with him over the phone and offered to pick up the equipment as an option. No one just showed up at the home.

Optimuminformation on website not honored.

Today, I phoned customer service and requested the free installation advertised on the optimum website. The customer service manager, Tanya Adams, indicated that I could not receive that offer. I feel as if this is a bait and switch scam and I cancelled my services. The information contained on the website does not accurately reflect what will be provided.