OnePlan InsuranceAuthorization cancelled

P Jul 05, 2020

Mi wife was taken to casualty at hospital after an illness being in bed for three consecutive days complain of a severe pain in her chest. As it was in the time of lockdown we were not able to get access to our physician .On the third day she complained of the pain getting worse and by now she was so sick she could hardly get out of bed.
I phoned Oneplan to try get authorization before getting her to hospital but was informed that the hospital will have to do that taking in consideration her symptoms and condition. As I am not a doctor but was worried about her condition not knowing if it could be a life threatening condition I took her to hospital. I gave the hospital the Oneplan no, as I could not go in myself due to covid conditions. I can not see that the doctor in the casualty department would have seen it fit to do an ECG and other pathological tests should he also not expect a severe condition could be underlying due to her symptoms at the time.
Now looking at my claim history, I cannot see this is not covered should the time arise for an emergency illness treatment being rejected. I would also like to know if authorization was given to the hospital and if not why did they then carry on with the tests with the risk of not getting paid if they, as medical professionals don't see it being deemed necessary considering the symptoms on that time
If the wrong medication was subscribed for the illness, I as a client could not be held liable for that as that must be the doctor being at fault.