Olive Gardenwaiter

First of all the waiter got my order wrong, I ask for scampy shrimp classic because it was for my 7 yr old granddaughter and he brought the spicy, by the time I notice the baby had already eaten almost half and did not want to say anything because she did not want to get me upset, I realized when she was asking for refills, I waited for the waiter to come for like 7 min and ask to please bring us a refill, waited another 7 to eight minutes and he came to the table, ask me if there was anything I wanted than he said oh yeah your drinks and left came back and he saw that the scampi shrimp was on my plate and made a comment, (oh she did not like it, he said) I said not so much, I as k for the classic but you brought me spicy, he just ignore me. Than he sat this 2 nice ladies next to us and brought them a different napkins (the yellow cloth ones) and my mother said why didn't he brings us the same napkins, she felt discrimination and just stop eating completely, she just went to the restroom and when she came back she said let's go, so I waited for the waiter and ask for boxes and my bill, I ask him to please let me get some garlic bread to go and he said ok, do I pay for the bill and waited for him to come but my got up and said let's go, do I got up and the waiter saw me coming out, went back a few steps to get some chocolates and when we met while walking out he gave me some chocolates and said that the bread was in oven and had it to wait, I just told him naaa it's ok, no problem. But I was really upset that my mom had experience that, and I even gave him a 10% tip.
My mom was upset and I was disappointed, because it was my 2nd time. And my mom is a picky eater but the first time I took her she loved it, everything was so awesome then, but this got her so mad.
My mom is a cancer survivor and I tried my best to make her happy and please her some how but today, I just can't believe this happen. the first time I spent 130 and love it, did not anyone made us feel like we did not belong there. It was the opposite and we come from Korea Town.
But today I felt like he saw us like we did not belong there.
Therefore I will not be coming back.
Thank you but no thank you, I rather stay home and not have my family experience this ever again.
Sincerely
Monica Trejo. [protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

Olive Garden

La
Apr 20, 2019

Comments

• Kn
      Apr 20, 2019

Waiting seven or eight minutes for refills in a busy restaurant is not that long of a wait. they world does not revolve around you and the waiter probably had more than one table to tend to. Also how is it "discrimination" for not sending you the same napkins at the other people? If you would rather stay at home then stay at home. That way you don't embarrass your family and mistreat others.

•   Apr 21, 2019

Your mother surviving cancer is great but not an excuse. You ignored your grandchild long enough for her to eat almost half her meal. Eight minutes isn’t a long wait when hot food is coming out. You sound cranky because you didn’t speak up and get your way. If the food was wrong, speak up and be heard.

A ten percent tip, oh wow, a big spender. I’d demand a twenty percent tip for dealing with you.

•   Apr 23, 2019

@SubSquirrel 75% from me.

• Kn
      Apr 23, 2019

@SubSquirrel I bet the mother cannot wait until the cancer takes her so that she does not have to put up with the OP.

•   Apr 23, 2019

@kneelfist It's her own fault. This is what ghetto trash parenting gets.

•   Apr 23, 2019

@Um is not an answer! And I’d require a vacation for two weeks, paid, in addition to a raise in pay equal to the salary of the manager.

•   Apr 21, 2019

The child didn't say anything because she didn't want to get YOU upset??? Paging JOAN CRAWFORD!!!

Did you explain: the child will have the shrimp scampi, NOT spicy??? No, of course not.

I'm confused. You mentioned your granddaughter, which means you are a grandmother. But then you mentioned YOUR mother. So the child's GREAT Grandparent was there as well??? Ok, but, geez, how Sophia Petrillo is SHE???

Well, of course he is going to ignore that. No adult in a service industry should remind a customer to SPEAK UP FOR THEMSELVES!!! Seriously, that's all customers ever do, even when it is just unnecessary. You and your poor granddaughter kept your mouths shut, this is what you get. Deal with it.

You DON'T belong there.
    You and your mother don't belong anywhere near that child, supervised or not!
    You are both terrible people with no souls.

•   Apr 21, 2019

You said the child didn’t like it too much, yet you also say he ate half in seconds. You took it away to appear not good to get it free

•   Apr 23, 2019

Ten percent sales tax on restaurants?! Yow! I came out of my coma to 7.25% from 5% and still can’t believe it went up so much. Servers suffer and most don’t earn minimum wages. A friend works at a nice local restaurant and gets $5/hour plus tips. Weekends are fine but early week gets low sales and cheap tippers. $45 bill got him $47 as they left. Five percent or less than $7 for an hour of work. I push him to go back to school or train in management but he lives with mommy and pays no rent.

I think my situation is bad, then think of him.

People make bad choices in life.