Odenzabook a trip

Received a trip through ford, for a trip to Vegas. Sent in 328.00 us. Cannot seem to get a response from anyone. Not even an e-mail in response. You have to wait your turn for a travel agent to phone you. When you phone, no one answers. IF you try to speak to a manager, noone returns your calls or e-mails. All I want to do is book our trip but as soon as I sent my money in, noone seemed to want to help past that point..Very poor customer service and hospitality. I am not sure what we should do next. I would not recommend odenza to any of our friends that is for sure. If you have a lot of time to waste and can sit by the phone waiting for a travel agent to phone you then you might have a chance to book a trip. No wonder, a person has 2 years to book their trip. hahaha thanks Lisa

• Sh
    shutit Feb 15, 2010

lol... there has been so much contact between you, your agent and customer service. numerous emails and calls. you know what i'm talking about too... last one was about mid jan. 2010. so don't lie.

• Sh
    shutit shutit Mar 02, 2010

shutit shutit you lying sack of ###

• Mc
    mcal1964 Jul 15, 2011

Comment: Odenza/Star Rebates operates a Ponzi scheme out of 4664 Lougheed Highway #230, Burnaby BC V5C-5T5. The owner is named Sodi Hundal and the Manager is Darren Single. The Phone number is [protected]. They sell rebate vouchers for gasoline, cruises and groceries to unsuspecting charities and merchants who then sell them as fundraisers or use them as marketing tools to draw in new business. The consumer then must register the voucher and pay a fee. The consumer then must save receipts and send them in for a Visa/MC gift card. Problem is, the company never sends the cards. Odenza/Star rebates keeps the money from the merchant and the registration fees from the customers. If you complain often enough, they may send you one or two cards, then they stop sending them again. If this does not define ponzi scheme, I don't know what does?

The authorities should also be alerted...

Here is a link about Odenza marketing/star rebates who are based in Burnaby BC but have "shell companies" in the US. This appears to be a Ponzi scheme. Just Google "Odenza, Star Rebates, Ripoff, scheme" and you will see what I mean.

They also operate out of San Diego Ca and Seattle WA

here is a link to a story about this company out of Seattle:

www.kirotv.com/money/28113836.detail.html

if the link doesn't work go to KIRO-TV in seattle and put Star Rebates in the search box...these companies are pure ponzi scheme...

They also ingore inquiries from the BBB in both Canada and the USA...hence the F Rating

• Jc
    jcajjs Oct 28, 2011

I, too, have been scammed by them. I supposed was getting a 3 day weekend cruise from San Diego to Ensanada but they took the $294 I sent in by cashier's check and then I could not get a date to go on the cruise. I was told over and over again that to get a decent date and a semi decent room that I would have to send in more money and upgrade my trip. When I insisted on getting the trip I already paid for I was ignored.

• Me
    mercedy Feb 21, 2012

I received the same "Vegas Trip" from Ford, I am NOT sending in the $378 that Odenza asks for to book "my free trip" What a scam!! I am pissed!!

• Ka
    Kali girl Feb 27, 2012

I received a gift certificate from Nissan last year and I am now getting ready to book my trip but before sending the money I read in the fine print that there might be additional tax costs depending on the airport I use. I called the number at [protected] and was told from the lady there that no one could give me any information about potential additional costs until I paid my $328.70. This concerned me because in Toronto the Airport tax is very high but I have no way of knowing what the extra costs are - so like the person above me - I will not send my money and look for a last minute deal through a travel agent. another question for Odenza would be - if you are located in BC why are you asking for US Dollars?? To many red flags here! I wish Nissan had looked into this better before giving it to me with my purchase. It;s left a bad taste in my mouth with both Odenza and Nissan Canada

• He
    heba yousef Oct 02, 2012

i received the same promo from VW in ottawa, ON ; i did mail my registration and now they are asking me to send $ 328.70USD ; i was alerted as why a big company will only request money order and doesn't accept credit card ; some companies may refuse the credit card method of payment as you can later dispute the amount if you were scammed ; Great that i have checked your comments folks as i am not going to send my money ; i wonder why a company like VW, Ford, Nissan will direct us to such a scam if they care about their reputation because if i were scammed i will honstley get mad of VW than odenza.

Cheers
    Heba Yousef

• Pi
    pissed off n beyond!!!! Aug 16, 2014

Big SCAM dont deal with Odzena travel agency!!!

• Mi
    Midnight Oil Feb 23, 2017

If you think you’re immune to a con artist’s scam, you might want to mull that one over.

If you answer your telephone, you can be vulnerable.

Even if you see yourself as a person who looks objectively at every situation, you could be caught up in a clever web — even if you’re one of those people who looks at every aspect.

Oh, oh, there’s the catch.

Just weeks ago we read and saw on the news that a young woman finally was free in Iran after being incarcerated for months, though she was innocent of any wrongdoing. Spying, they said.

The phone-call setup

Your own telephone rings midmorning. “Grandma, I’m in trouble in Barcelona, Spain. I need your help.” She is crying uncontrollably.

“Who is this?”

“Don’t you recognize your own granddaughter’s voice?”

Guilt. “But I have five granddaughters.”

“I’m your oldest one.”

It has to be the oldest one of the three sisters; the actual oldest granddaughter is working.

“Nancy (not her real name). But where’s the baby?”

“I have a super baby sitter. My friend Sarah had an extra plane ticket to visit her relatives and invited me to go with her.” That makes sense. Nancy needs a vacation trip.

“What happened?”

“We were out riding and her cousin was speeding. The police found drugs in the car. I was tested and found clean of drugs and alcohol. But I’m in jail anyway.” Oh, oh.

The money request

“I need $2, 000 for bail when I see the judge this afternoon. Then I can fly right home. And you’ll get your money back right away. But please don’t tell a soul. I’m too embarrassed. I’ll tell everyone when I get home.”

Where are those alarms that are supposed to be sounding about now? It’s those tears that drown them out. Of course you’ll give her the money. You look at your husband. He has that terrified look like he’s going to the poorhouse.

“The police officer wants to talk to you now. But please don’t tell anyone.” OK.

“This is Officer P. Seagal of the Barcelona Police Department. Nancy is innocent, but she needs the bail money. You won’t tell anyone, will you? She feels very badly about that.”

No, you won’t. Such a kind officer. So what should you do?

No checks, please

Officer Seagal, who put the accent on the first syllable of his name, then switched to the last syllable (sounds more Spanish, right?), wants you to send cash only, through Western Union. He even gives you the office closest to your home. You did tell him what city you live in (you don’t remember anything that Barry Bonazzi of the Will County Sheriff’s Department has told seniors time and time again: DON’T GIVE OUT ANY INFORMATION.)

But this is your own granddaughter we’re talking about. Stay out of my head!

Directions are explicit. He gives you his phone number (later turns out to be a Montreal area code). You have your cell phone turned on (of course you gave the kind officer your number) and he will call you in 45 minutes. You will get a form from Western Union and you have specific instructions on sending the money, which is now up to $2, 935, to Nancy. No, not Nancy, he corrects himself as someone else seems to speak to him. You send it to her lawyer, David Benson. “An American lawyer?” you ask. “He’s with the American Embassy, ” Seagal says.

Hubby knows best

Hmm, are the bells ringing now? Your husband certainly hears them. “It’s a scam, ” he yells. You break the rules and call Nancy’s phone number to talk to the baby sitter. Nancy answers. Could this be her cell phone? “Where are you, Nancy?” “I’m home. Don’t you hear the baby?”

“Is anyone forcing you to do anything, ” you ask. “No, Grandma, why?”

You explain the whole story.

“Grandma, you’ve been scammed, ” she screams.

Thank God, Nancy is safe. And no money passed through anybody’s hands.

Your husband answers the next call from Seagal and puts him off.

When Officer Seagal calls back a few hours later to see if the money went through, you tell him Nancy got home and you both appreciate that he did such a great job, and hang up. Funny, he hasn’t called back.

So the next time you hear that Bonazzi is going to talk, you go and take careful notes. You’re going to put those withdrawal slips away, and the only thing you’ll take to the bank is everything Bonazzi says.

• Cr
    Cristina Silva Sep 20, 2017

i got a certificate from my dealer from gmc in winnipeg when i booked my ticket i got scamed by rob and kim the promo was 2 nights and the flight for 2 i went on line and checked the price of the trip to vegas for that it gave me 740.00 dollares i called rob to upgrade my trip so i can stay 2 more nights and at a better hotel he told me the total cost was 1188.16 when i went on line i was able to find the same trip /same hotel /same flight for 1250.01 for a total diference of 61.85 when i called to find out what was the total i was getting for my certificate he told me the certificates have no original value the dealers pay full price for the certificates and we get nothing in return ... big ... big ... big ... scam ...do not use odenza certificates ...they are not worth the money ...do not book with them and make sure if you do you go on line and ckeck prices ahead