Nutrisystemmarie osmond

T

This doesn't effect me personally but I have a problem with Marie Osmond saying in the 'Nutrisystem ad' that her daughter found a custom that she (Marie) worn when she was 18 yrs old, and "dared her to try it on" Of course it fit.

When Marie Osmond was 17/18 yrs old, she was doing the Donny & Marie Show" and probably weighed 90 lbs soaking wet, so there is no way that the costume that Marie has on in the Nutrisystem commercial is the same one that she worn when she was 18 (33/34 years ago. Marie Osmond is a fuller figured 'women' now, not fat, just not supper skinny like she was when she was a teen.

I guess it could be the same custom and if it is the same one, it as been altered to fit, so technically I guess it's not a lie but it is really deceiving if it has been altered.

What are your thoughts?

RESOLVED

• NutriSystem's response · Dec 30, 2017

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Marie joined Nutrisystem in 2006, when she was "almost 29", to get ready for Dancing with the Stars. It's incredible that it's been 11 years and she's still looking fantastic! Visit our website for more information: www.nutrisystem.com. Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a great evening!

• Be
    beach65 Dec 30, 2017

Not sure why everyone thinks Marie Osmond is so great. She is very annoying and Irritating. Wish Nutrisystem would get a new spokesperson. I am sure their are other celebs or real people who could do this commercial and believe in the product. She just does it for acknowledgement of who she is. I don't care if she lost 50 lbs years and years ago, by now she should of loss 100 lbs. Begging please take her off. I know people who have tried this product and stress how horrible it is.

• St
    stirbug Feb 17, 2017

It really upset me when Marie used the name GOD in her commercial.If she truly was a Christian she would know that the Good Lord would rather she give the food to the starving children in this world instead of sending people food because they want to lose weight.Think about it, sending food to people who want to lose weight because they are eating way to much, and then we have families that would accept these meals to just survive.Thank you for letting me vent.

• Ru
    Russell N Shirley Moore Sep 09, 2016

So Sick and tired of seeing Marie Osmond as the Spokesperson.. Running Her into the Ground.. Everytime She comes on I Change the Chanel. Get someone Else, She is So Irritating.. would Never buy this stuff, all because of Her !

Taylorh2 Apr 08, 2013

I believe that 5 of the 8 were adopted.

• Do
    Dottiem Jan 01, 2018

@Taylorh2 if you look at all of them together they all look alike so I don't agree with that

• Su
    Suzannahnoelle Jan 19, 2018

@Dottiem Dottiem, Taylorh2 is correct. Stephen, Rachel, and Mathew are her only biological children. Stephen's father is Steve Craig; the other two are from Marie's marriage to Brian Blosil.

• Pa
    Paul Vance Apr 04, 2013

Whatever makes you feel better about your own obesity Taylorh2.

Taylorh2 Apr 03, 2013

utube the Donny & Marie show and then look at her in the Nutrisystem ads. She is clearly not the same size.

• Why The Long Faces Apr 03, 2013

Until I was 38 and quit smoking I was a size 2, and could wear clothes I wore in high school. So it may not be a 'stretch' of truth. Heck, up til 5 years ago I could still wear my Bon Jovi jeans.

• Do
    Dottiem Jan 01, 2018

@Why The Long Faces I agree, I just quit smoking last year and have put on the weight but I also could wear my skinny clothes but not now

Taylorh2 Apr 03, 2013

Above should read: Costume. I don't know why I can't edit ?

• Pa
    Paul Vance Apr 03, 2013

Oh you have a personal problem alright. Inhale less air, give more head.