ADVERTISIMENT

NTTAfines — bills sent to collections

S

How do we put up with the unfair/unlawful tactics of the NTTA??? I don't know how these practices are legal! I've tried to help my son keep on top of his toll tag account. Earlier this year, the account stopped showing activity. We thought the NTTA was last posting as they often were in the past. Little did we know, charges were racking up and were not shown online because he had a zero balance! I thought a zero balance was a good thing! If the account had shown activity I would have put money in the account. He did not receive bills until they were in collections. Now he owes between $800 and $900 for very few tolls. HE HAS A TOLL TAG! He was charged non-tolltag rates and was not notified in a timely manner. The collection agency will not discuss the reps are rude and just say you have to pay. He does not have the money. If he pays gradually they want four payments of $400+ MORE PENALTY/INTEREST!
This after we paid $1000 for tolls that a person that bought a car from us used. When we caught it the NTTA ombudsman only reduced it by 20%. They then intended to bill the new owner. This despite the fact that the state records showed the title transfer before the tolls were used.
WHY IS SOMETHING NOT DONE ABOUT THIS AGENCY???????

Andy Justice Nov 11, 2018

$5.22 toll charge for such a poorly marked road I didn't even know I went through a toll. Then they did not send any bill until the "2nd" notice which they said I know owe over $40 because of there "fees". Completely unethical and outrageous. I hope a class action gets these pos.

• Je
    Jessica Bader Sep 19, 2018

Literally Highway robbery!! Billed $45 for a $7 toll fee. Something needs to be done about their billing policies. $25 to send an invoice?!

• Md
    Mdpsencik Sep 18, 2018

I received a bill for tolls incurred by someone driving a car with a Pennsylvania license plate with the same number as my Texas plate. The picture is clearly of a Pennsylvania tag yet the people looking at this still billed me, a Texas resident, for the Pennsylvania owners bill.

Comments