Northstar Alarmlying advertising director!

C

I also got ripped off by this company. The ADVERTISING DIRECTOR MICHAEL WALKER from Indianapolis came to my home and said he would REIMBURSE the fee to break my contract with my current alarm and change to Northstar.
He gave me a whole lecture on how his company gave him money to allocate to just about 10 houses as advertising. He wanted us to be one of those houses and he SWORE so many times in our faces that we will get reimbursed that money. As soon as I try to contact him thought email AND phone to get paperwork ready. His Northstar email bounced and he is not returning my calls. I have just had to pay almost $700 to get out of my old contract which was almost ending and now I got sucked into a new 5 year with this low life company. Shame on all of them. They are supposed to protect you from thieves…but unfortunately they are the biggest THIEVES of all!
Thank you NORTHSTAR, thanks to you “I DO HAVE PIECE OF MIND”(for those not familiar with them; this is their freaking slogan)
By the way... that sign that has to stay in the yard for 5 years… yep, it will have an additional one right next to it.
It will be fun, look for it soon all over the internet. I’m working on it!

• Tr
    Trish Fields May 09, 2016

I feel your pain! I am in Houston and my "Director Maurice Stevens" called my previous alarm company and advised me that they agreed to cancel my service with no penalty since it was almost ready to run out. However, Maurice Stevens gave me a signed piece of paper stating that he would pay half of any penalty charge for early termination should something go wrong. Well, after the fight I ended up having to pay $200 for early termination. I contacted Maurice Stevens via cell and he advised that he left Northstar after my install. I ask if he was going to honor his signed and dated agreement with me and he texted back that of course he would. He then tried to get me into some type of credit card scam. When I told him NO WAY...I haven't been able to contact him and it has been almost a year now.

• Co
    consumer22 Jan 05, 2012

I will have to say that Mr. Billingsley has done an exceptional job in working with our case. We have reached to an agreement which I am satisfied with. Not sure what happened to the actual sales person that created this whole mess. Hopefully he learned a lesson, the same way I did GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING!!!
    Thanks Northstar for owning up to promises made, I truly appreciate it.

anaismnorthstar Nov 21, 2011

Hi there,

This is Anais with NorthStar. I just came across your post and first wanted to apologize for any misunderstandings and frustrations you've experienced with the sales representative and/or our company--I definitely want to help resolve the situation any way that I can! I've forwarded your message to our Director of Operations and have spoken with him personally about your situation to see how we can clear up any confusion and make things right. Again I want to apologize profusely for any miscommunication there has been or if you feel you have been mistreated in any way, as that is not in alignment with the core values we constantly strive to operate under here at NorthStar. If you could please email me directly at [email protected] with your customer info and the best time to reach you (or you can call me at my direct extension below), we can try to resolve this situation as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and helping us improve our business practices.

Regards,