NorthStar Alarm Services Logo

NorthStar Alarm Services

Having problems with NorthStar Alarm Services?

NorthStar Alarm Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2008. The latest review Linx panel quality problems was posted on Jun 15, 2021. The latest complaint Response from tech support was resolved on Sep 16, 2020. NorthStar Alarm Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 59 reviews. NorthStar Alarm Services has resolved 12 complaints.

NorthStar Alarm Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 775 7827 (Customer Service)
+1 877 252 4720 (Get a Quote)
545 East University Parkway, Suite 500
Thu6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NorthStar Alarm Services Customer Service. Initial NorthStar Alarm Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NorthStar Alarm Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NorthStar Alarm Services. Discuss the issues you have had with NorthStar Alarm Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

NorthStar Alarm Services Complaints & Reviews

NorthStar Alarm Servicescontract

My mother recently died and I am moving to her house because it is in a better town and neighborhood and the house was left to me and paid for. My home I was purchasing as a single mom. I called North Star to cancel my service, I was informed I'm in a 60 month contract till 2023 and an adendum since Feb. 2017, I was not aware of that the tech came by and said he needed to replace a box and add a carbon monoxide detector. I was not told that I was extending anything. The lady I spoke to today said I could move my service which I do not need where I moved to or pay early termination fee of 3, 035.00! I called the bank to stop drafts immediately! I have other family and friends that experienced the same thing with these contracts, its wrong!

NorthStar Alarm Servicesnorthstar alarm security system fail

During a storm in my hometown on July 21, 2018, we experienced a power outage. For various reasons, I had to break into my house through a window to gain access. Between 8:00-9:00 p.m. CDT I called the Tech Support line to alert them that it was me breaking in and to ask them to notify the police or fire department not to show up. No one answered the Tech line.

When we struck the window and the glass shattered no NorthStar Alarm bells or whistles sounded. There was a weak beep beep beep from the alarm system panel at the opposite end of the house. NorthStar didn't call me to verify a breech or to guarantee my safety.

I called to complain, my first complaint in the eight years I've been with the company. I questioned whether I had been monitored at all over the years. The supervisor, Julianna, explained that the back-up battery only lasts 6-8 hours. I told her that was unacceptable because it would be a prime opportunity for someone to break into my home and the alarm company needed to do something different.

I also told her that I want to cancel my service this Fall when my contract is up. She then told me that I had signed on until 2021. I denied that claim and went on to detail my reasons why my contract is up this year. She said she would look into the matter and call me back. She did not. I called for her again. She was off that day but the woman, Kirsten, who answered the phone said she would personally email Julianna and ask her to call me. Julianna did not return my call. I called yet again, only to be told that she couldn't take my call and that she would call me the next day, Saturday, August 18, 2018. Once again, she did not.

The alarm service was an epic fail on July 21, 2018, and I want to talk to someone with authority to cancel my service at the end of my contract in Fall 2018. Julianna needs to be fired for ignoring and arguing with a customer, especially one who has contracts and emails to document her claims.

NorthStar is obviously not the same company that I once trusted.

NorthStar Alarm Services — unethical sales tactic

This sale was accomplished through aggressive sales tactics on June 13, 2018 by salespersons Mark...

NorthStar Alarm Services — product and services

I am a new homeowner and I made the biggest mistake when I open my door to a salemen who pressure me to...

NorthStar Alarm Services — didn't pay the early termination bill from my contract with adt

Mike Long representative with North star came to my home and i signed up to receive their service. Mike wrote...

NorthStar Alarm Services — mike long was my representative with your company

Mike Long came and signed me up for your service. He promised to pay my early termination agreement I had...

NorthStar Alarm ServicesI am moving to a retirement home and they won't cancel my contract

I am moving to a retirement center because i am 80 years old and need to be where i can get help if i need it and northstar won't let me cancel my contract. My retirement center has sent two different sources explaining me moving there as of today i turned this company into the attorney general. This incident happened 11/24/17. I have had this service for two years and i need to go to this retirement center for my health. My name is rose austin. My e-mail address is; [protected]@att.Net. My phone number is [protected]. When i signed up with this service they told me if i moved to a retirement home it would not be a problem to cancel my contract. If i have to i will get an attorney. I would appreciate your feedback.

• Sh
          Shaun R. Nov 25, 2017

Hi Rose.

Instead of relying upon what you remember being said, you want to rely what is in the signed contract. As for a copy of said contract, signed by you. Then read the details for yourself.

Please let us know what you find out.

NorthStar Alarm Services — alarm cancellation

NorthStar Alarm Company based in Utah- Is a prejudice, discriminate against black people, I have never been...

Northstar Alarmalarm system

On June 2016 I moved to a new house and since them I am calling their customer service line to schedule the move of the system. Nobody from the local installation team ever calls me and I get no system (but I get a bill).

I tried to cancel the contract but they want to charge me more than 2000 for it. But if they can't install the system in my new place why should I stay with this company? They are not serious on their business.

Northstar Alarm Co. — home security service

Northstar alarm has recently been cited in the Indianapolis area by the Indiana Attorney Generals office for...

NorthStar Alarm Serviceshouse alarm

I am under contract with Northstar Alarm for an alarm in the house that belongs to my husband. We have divorced, and I do not live there now, and they will not release me from the contract. Seems they should in this case since I don't even live there anymore. What are they thinking!

RESOLVED

They still did not release me from the contract, but they did take it off my credit report as an owing contract, and changed it to my xhusband's name until contract ends (it is in his house). That is a good compromise I guess.

Northstar Mechanicalthe company didn't return my $3,000 refund

I called to Northstar Mechanical and asked if they could come and check my heating systems. The representative said that they would need the deposit and they have asked me to pay it to the repair man, because he would tell me what else I needed to pay for the repair. The repair also asked to pay for some parts and job, so I have paid $5, 000 and the repair man said that $3, 000 was a deposit, which would be returned. But after the systems were fixed, the rep hasn’t refunded me.

NorthStar Alarm Services — ignores my requests for service and cancellation letters and continue billings.

After 68 months of on-time payments during which time the system was mostly disarmed due to malfunction, and...

Northstar Alarmremoval of old adt system

These people took out my 86 year old mom's ADT system and put theirs in and took her battery backup, then when she canceled the contract within the 3 day limit, they still took 155.00 from her checking account and now will not rehook the ADT system that was in her house or return her battery. The salesman knew she already had a system in her house and convinced her that his was better. Now, she has no alarm system at all. I would not recommend anyone using their services.

Northstar Alarm Services, LLC — theft

BEWARE OF NORTHSTAR. They are THIEVES. They continued to steal money from my bank account after the 60 month...

NorthStar Alarm Services — deceptive practices

Northstar Alarm Services is a criminal activity. There, I said it. I dare them to challenge me. To my...

Northstar Mortgage — dishonest customer service reps

On January 28, 2013, I contacted a representative about a payoff for my mortgage. A representative said that...

Lewisburg

Northstar Location servicesfired from northstar collections for my disabilities

Hi Harpo Studios & Oprah, regretfully this will be my last email, my life in the past 24 hrs has been a book in itself. As I sit here writing listening to my new favorite music to keep me sane, Lindsey Stirling amazing violinist. in short version I was fired on 1/9/13, my son, Ashers 10th birthday. I worked for Northstar Location Services for 5 years. They lost Chase as a client due to the history of numerous complaints. This agency knew for a while they were gradually decreasing in paper to collect and continued to dwindle down little by little to an announcement as if they woke up and just received an email from Chase that they are pulling.

With that being said is why 2 weeks before Christmas they fired over 25 part timers calling one by one questioning schedules and bring up paper trails of write ups finding justifiable reasons to either force them to have no choice but to resign or be fired for a non logical reasons. Some qualified for unemployment others were denied. I had documents on file in human resources explaining because of medical conditions from a bulging disc in my upper spine and a small fracture in my neck unexplainable, unexplainable caused, so I have to start physical therapy, and can only work part time.

In addition I came back on maternity leave in Sept 2011 with doc notes stating because of my mental health and physical health I was limited to but not restricted to work as long as it is not above a certain amount of hours. They knew this and had no problem. I have no paper trail nor write ups to an over excessive extent to have justification to fire me.

So on 1/9/13 I was being harassed by one of my managers on the collections floor by his approach. I was told within that day to RE-FILL out a form that every end of month needs to be done by all collectors that are either handed in or collected by management. I informed him that I could not perform that task because I had a scheduled doc appt(my therapist) @ 2:30 and that my wrist really hurt that day to have to refill out a full month of Decembers daily log by hand. I have arthritis in my shoulders, elbows, and wrist. I have all proof of documents to support everything I am writing and so did Northstar HR.

My manager continued to harass me so I went to HR to tell some one. I was approached by the VP of HR and was told that those are really strong words and accusation, I said to her again I am being harassed so she asked what happened I informed her of the same as above. She began to twist and turn my words around in such a political way, she asked ” so what your admitting is that your manager asked you to do something which is my job to fill out a monthly roadmap which I did do and always do. Again some how the same manager has either lost misplaced mine again within just the last 3x in just the past 6months of 5 yrs of being here and have no write ups for it.

I advised human resources that I could not fill it out because I was done with my schedule for the day because of a doc appt and that my wrist were hurting that day to re hand fill out a form. The next morning I come in and was approached my another one of my mangers asking me to come to HR. I go in there and with a lady and manager. I was being terminated for insubordinate, for not doing what my manager asked of me and I refused and they even added on that day that I refused to take a Spanish call, and I did not take the call because I had to go to the bathroom.

So all they wanted to hear was that I refused take a Spanish call and I refused to refill out my roadmap on that specific day 1/8/13 because my wrist hurt. I went to go and correct the wording on the write up because it was invalid and false. The HR woman snatched it from under my hand and yelled at me that I cannot do that because that is there form. I informed them that I have no problem signing anything as long as its the truth and I needed a copy why I was being terminated and they refused said that they no longer needed my services. They refused to listen to me and began to become aggressive with there body language and words making up lies about and making my managers nod yes in agreement by telling them that they did witness and hear false lies.

I left that day with nothing, from that moment on that day came one event after event leading me to Memorial Hospital mental ward on my sons birthday. Its principle, you cant treat people like this and me. People say its collections, you can go anywhere tomorrow and get a job, go on un employment, which they will fight and I have been calling for the past 2 days and just go round and round on the message service. I’m not afraid to speak out the truth. I know I have a law suit and will pursue it. I left the hospital and walked 4 hours home with nothing, no money no cell ph no phone numbers memorized because the only other one is my fiancé and no service no money to pay bills.

As I sit here on my couch with ice on my legs from walking, and exhausted from life wanting to fill in every in between detail knowing I only have 2000 characters on Oprah email cuts it short for me. I will call the news, I will write letters I will post my story on Facebook, twitter, word of mouth because I have a voice and I don’t agree and will make a stand. I have written Oprah for about over a month almost everyday about me, my life, and family. ‘I’ve asked every time to please look at my Facebook page Justbcreative Byjustb. I still have the necktie I made for Oprah. I am taking a big risk but I am at my lowest point in life anyway.

My amazing fiancé of 5 years, we met at the same workplace and have been inseparable since so I lost my job but gained a lifetime friend, love, my #1 fan, he quit in October after 7 years of dedicating time as an employee and manager and Northstar to venture his own collection agency with 2 partners he called and honestly believed they were his friends, one being my 17month yr old sons god father quit within less than 30 days of commitment and signing contracts and walks off with out a warning without a reason. My fiancé did not quit did not give up struggled on with the other partner who soon gradually diminished too as off this week. I believed in him, because he has the ability to move mountains but had to pebbles to help. He turned around and went right back to Northstar because that’s all we know. He just started on Monday and by Wednesday they fire me.

I don’t want my job back I don’t want to work in collections a day in my life again. I’m drained emotionally, physically and mentally. I will continue to pursue my dream and goals because I have 3 kids and my fiancé that believe in me and I don’t want to let them down. I have talent from making to writing a book and that’s what puts a smile in my heart. Life isn’t fair, imp grateful i have my hearing, sight arms, and legs but one thing i have and we all have in common is deepest dark depression that can make or break you…

Northstar Mortgageextra charges

I had a loan with another company for years paying a monthly payment. Then this company Nationstar mortgage wrote that I was behind in my monthly payments. No one told me that my loan was sold. So they wanted several months payment plus charges.
                  The company should be investagated for by the federal government.

Northstar Alarm — deceptive practices

Beware of Northstar Alarm. Their contracts are very deceptive and their goal is to continually lock you into...