Northstar Alarmcontract cancellation/misrepresentation

V

Like the numerous other complaints on this site about this company, I too was scammed by this business. The salesman misrepresented the contract terms including the contract length, the services provided, and that NorthStar cared about anything other then billing me. Customer Service exists for the sole purpose of telling customers NorthStar won't do anything to resolve your problems, read your contract. NorthStar will, consistently, lose as many notifications, letters of cancellation, and documentation of complaint as it takes to keep billing you and billing you and billing you. I have not read one single positive review about this company yet and now feel very, very foolish for not reviewing them two years ago. I thought the BBB logo was a sign of quality; it is not. NorthStar has no intention of resolving customer complaints and will continue to blithly respond to complaints with no resolution goal simply to reatin and "responsive" rating. I strongly recommend reporting a fraud alert to your bank or credit card to stop their fraudelent billing and cancellation practices. It is the only way I got them to stop stealing my money.

MARTY894 Jul 24, 2018

I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A 5 YEAR SERVICE FROM NORTHSTAR. I WAS WRONG . IT WAS A CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS.
    IF I CANCEL NOW IT WILL COST ME $3000.00 FOR EARLY OUT. ADT AND AT&T DIGITAL LIFE SECURITY SYSTEM WAS NO CANCELLATION FEES TO PAY.
    NORTHSTAR WAS WILLING TO ADD SOME OTHER ITEM TO MY SYSTEM AT A PRICE. I CALLED, I EMAILED, AND TEXTED. AND WOULD NOT CANCELL THE SERVICE. I AM AT THERE MERCY.

• Yv
    Yvette Ward Manzelmann Jul 20, 2017

I can't believe they can get away with what they are doing. I signed a 3 year contract and I know when I signed up for and when it would expire. I called to cancel the service, in the month it was to expire, and I was told no you signed a 5 year contract. For starters I would NEVER sign a 5 year contract with anything but a car or a home. I told the representative that the contract had been fraudulently tampered with and I wanted to see what they had in writing. I said I could see how it was tampered with 36 month and 60 month both have a six in it. They just added the -0-. I demanded that a copy of what they say I signed to be mailed to me. As of today nothing has arrived which again is over a month ago. They are a bad company and they don't care about anything but to screw their customers. If you are reading this PLEASE BEWARE!

• Mi
    Michelle Stiverson Oct 13, 2015

Same problem for our family ! I read somewhere else that filing a fraud complaint with our credit union might work ! What did you do to resolve paying ?

• Mc
    mcsilver Apr 19, 2013

Did North Star alarm systems send you to a collection agency?

• Js
    J.Sam Jan 22, 2013

I have been trying to cancel this service after the three week of getting it. I see that they don't care about customer service. I did get a copy of my contract when they install it. I did know I had a three day graces period. Now I'm stuck in a 5 year contract. I explain to them about having family problem and we are not even using it and it don't even work after the 3rd day of 3rd day of install.It did do no good so now I will have to go to my bank to stop payment since they don't want to meet me half way.

• Js
    J.Sam Jan 22, 2013

I'm having the same problem!