Northland Group IncCollection letter

I received a letter from this company stating that I owe $25, 036.13 to a company called LVNV funding LLC. Original creditor was Citibank (South Dakota), N.A. They want me to settle for $3, 755.40 and my question is, for what? I don't have any debts with Citibank that I am aware of. And for 25Gs? Really? I dont think so. I need to find out exactly what this is about. My biggest problem with credit is that I dont have any. Good bad or whatever. What the hell is up?

• Ga
    galam Feb 16, 2010

Today i got a message from them .. that i've to pay $2, 378.32 .. to Capital One Bank . I called back to figure out .
    the man claimed that i had an account from 2002 until 2007 .. By 2002 I was in Elementary School !!
    the most important thing is I DON'T LIVE IN AMERICA I 'VE NEVER HEARD OF COB

• Ga
    galam Feb 16, 2010

what should i do guys ?

• Ne
    Nevore Mar 30, 2011

They send me a letter that I owe $619.58 regarding a AT&t line about 7 years ago and offer me a settlement of $309.79. Is this fraud what can I do there affecting my credit.

• Li
    liberty1776 Aug 13, 2013

Northland Group has been sued many times in Minnesota, including by our Attorney General. If they sent you something, you can be sure it's a scam, is dishonest, and is inaccurate. They suck the worst...

• Always be alert Aug 14, 2013

Send them a validation stating that you are disputing the 3ntire debt and request 2 pieces of information...1. Proof that the debt is valid, and 2. Proof that they have legal standing to xema d a penny from you. Send it certified mail with return receipt. Do not sign the letter, just type your name. Keep a copy of the letter for your records. That should be enough to scare them away. Never ignore a debt collector.if they sue you, and you don't show up in court, they will get a summary judgement and make you legally responsible for a debt that Isn't e en real.