Northland Groupcompany logo

Northland Group

Northland Group

Learn how the rating is calculated

3 56 complaints
33 resolved 23 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Northland Group reviews & complaints 41 - 56

Northland Group complaints 56

Northland Group - Annoying Phone Calls

Calls to my home phone from reps of this company for a person who does not live at this address. Caller ids as from the Northland Group, but does refuses to say what the call is about or what the company does.

I called the number listed on the website and spoke to a representative who agreed to remove my number from their list, but the rep refused to disclose what their business entails.

Northland Group - settlement offer

I have received settlement letter's from Northland Group Inc. and when i was prepared to look into this account, the customer service representative was rude and was very much a bully. In the letter it says"the office will obtain verification of the debt or copy of judgement and mail you a copy". I asked for proof of the original account and the representative said he could not provide that proof to me and that it was a debt that must be paid. I refuse to pay a debt that I believe is a fruad. This company did not provide any proof nor even tried to offer me any information on the original account. They continue to send me payment letters threatening further collection if I refuse to pay. This company is a scam and I refuse to do business with any company that cannot show me proof of a debt that they say I owe.

Northland Group - They can kiss my you know what

Just received a collections notice from them today, about an Exxon/Mobil account I had years ago. I hadn't used the card in severaL years, and had paid off what little balance there was via another collections company. Exxon/Mobil had stopped sending me statements, and I forgot I even owed them anything. But again, it was paid off. Now this "Northland Group Inc." is trying to scam me into paying something that's already paid. HELL NO. I'm also filing a complaint with the FTC and BBB of Minneapolis. Northland Group can kiss my you know what.

Northland Group - Trying to collect 2 times on the same debt

I settled a debt turned over by Capital One to the Northland Group in 2005 for a credit card. Yesterday, I got a letter from Northland Group again, wanting money to settle on the same credit card.
They would not listen to me, just wanted the money. (again)
I gave them their account number when I settled in 2005, but they said they could not use it. The money they want now is for the same credit card back in 2005, the last four numbers of the credit card match. When I initially paid this settlement, I did it by phone with a check, but the Northland Group did not mail me a release or update my credit report as promised.

Northland Group - Scam settlement offer

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM

I received a letter from Northland Group offering a settlement on an account that I had with Arrow Financial Services/Washington Mutual Bank. The settlement was a too-good-to-belive settlement of $1, 888, 08 on a balance of $4, 605.00.

I was about to pay this amount when I decided to Google Northland Group, Inc. and check them out. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. I found way too many complaints that this was just another scam company trying to bilk people out of their money. I am tired of these companies who illegally scam financially struggling people. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and to the International Commerce Commission (ICC).

If you have received ANYTHING from the Northland Group that is related to this, I encourage you to report them also.

Sincerely,

tiredofthisbs

Northland Group - Northland Group disappearance

I've paid Northland Group $933.88 toward what I thought was the settlement of a delinquent Sears Account.
I have two payments left and the account would be paid or so I thought.
Now, I cannot get in touch with Northland Group, Inc. and after reading the online statements by others who have been scammed by them, I have come to the conclusion that I, too, have been taken.
I am withholding further payment to them and will contact Sears directly to see if any of my payments actually were applied to the account settlement.
I think I know the answer to this one, however.
That would be a NO.

Move over Chris Angel!
Northland Group, Inc. seems to have pulled a most amazing disappearing act.
And theft!

Northland Group - Been ripped off

I was ripped off my Northland Group Inc. I was contacted via mail by this company offering me a settlement to pay off a credit card account with Capital One. I honestly believed I was paying off that account. I took there offer and made payment arrangements. After paying off the account I asked them for a letter confirming my account was paid off. When I received such letter I was surprised to see that the Original Creditor was not Capital One but a company named MCB with a phony account number. I reviewed my credit report and I was surprised to notice that I still had the outstanding balance with Capital One and it was purchased by a different lender not Northland Group Inc. I attempted to dispute this matter with Northland Group Inc. and they refused to help me. The representative who answered could not provide me with a straight answer. He terminated my call. I don't know what to do. I was ripped off from my money. Help please. They need to be held responsible for stealing money from honest people.

I FEEL HORRIBLE MY FATHER PAID THEM OFF TOO. MY FATHER A HARD WORKING MAN NOW HE LOST HIS JOB AND BARELY HAS MONEY TO GET BY. THESE PEOPLE TOOK A LOT OF MONEY FROM HIM. THINKING THAT THIS WILL HELP HIM SETTLE THE PROBLEM AND FIX HIS CREDIT AND THESE PEOPLE NEVER EVER SEND A LETTER. I FEEL REAL BAD. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE TO GET MONEY BACK. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

I agree...this is a scam!!! I received one of their letters and I owe nothing to Capital., ...it was paid off 10 yrs ago. Beware!

I too received the same type of letter from Northland Group Inc. As soon as I began speaking with a rep., he asked for my full SS# and I did not give it to him. Luckily, I read this online post before I called them back. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO POSTED HERE!!!

Northland Group - settlement

I received a letter from Northland Group Inc regarding a credit card account. It stated that Capital One Bank would settle for a dollar amount. I hadn't received anything from Capital One in over six years. My husband spoke with a representative of Northland Group regarding an account that has accrued interest on the balance with no notification to me in those six years. We were trying to agree to a settlement but they told us we would have to contact Capital One. When my husband asked them to give him the phone number for Capital One they said they didn't have it. Now if Northland Group is representing Capital One, wouldn't it make sense they should have that number? We never did get any satisfaction with them and my husband said "In other words, this is all a scam?" Needless to say, the phone call was ended!

Northland Group - no follow through

I received a collection letter about a Macy's card from Northland Group Inc. with an option to pay in full ($359.00) and Macy's will issue a new card to me. I set it up for payments of $50/month but they only took 5 payments and closed my account for no apparent reason. Now Macy's is still on my credit report as unpaid and I can't get the card issued. Northland Group no longer has access to my account. I was told to wait untill the next collection agency picks it up.

Northland Group - Harrassment

On February 19, 2008, my sister recieved a phone call from an unknown male asking to speak with me; my sister said he did not know how to pronounce my name correctly. My sister is 35 years old, lives on her own, and aside from childhood, we have never lived at the same address or had the same phone number.

My sister called me after finishing the conversation with this unknown person who said they needed to talk to me about a personal matter. They would not give any information to my sister and asked for contact numbers for me; she did not supply that information. My sister continued to explain that the person on the phone was extremely rude and very insitent on wanting to get the information, to the point my sister had to hang up on them. When she talked to me about it, she said it sounded like a "bill collector" trying to get a hold of me. My credit rating is in the lower 800's and I have not had any late payments or outstanding bills for more then 10 years. The one thing the unknown person did was to leave a number with my sister, which she relayed to me. I called the number, got the name of the company from the automated voice recording, looked the name up on the internet, and then found this complaint site.

This company is scamming to collect on something that most likely does not exist. My only thought in them calling her and asking for me, is she underwent surgey approx. 2 months ago listing me on the forms as her power of attorney; name only no phone number. Somehow Northlands aquired this information which explains why they called her asking for me. After reading several of the other complaints filed here, I would agree and stress that you do not fall for the scam. If they do get ahold of you, check and double check any information they have before you act. I would also recommend you read through other complaints on this company to get a better idea of how they may operate.

Northland Group - Citibank

I am getting the second letter regarding about the Northland Group Inc with Sears and Home depot. It was confusing me because I had not miss the payment on Home Depot. They kept harassing for the offer and they lied and kept changing the cost on those.

I had giving indicated of payment on Sears which I had been paying for 1335.00 per months. I knew something fishy with those company. What should I do about that? Please help! Thanks, Trudy Fisher

Northland Group - Upaid Account Balance

These "PEOPLE" find it necessary to mail folks and express that you owe Money to an account that DOES NOT EXIST and as with the other individuals whom have submitted Complaints about these"PEOPLE"...

Northland Group - Scam

This company called me today 12/16/09 and informed me that I owed money on a credit card that I closed that account 10 years prior.I called the store that the card was through and was informed that if I did in fact owe money they would of found it through my SS#. As I already knew, nothing was found..I called Northland Group back and and explained that I did not owe and they still insist that I do, I then called back the store that I had the card throughand they reassured me that I do not have a debt with them.So-IF NORTHLAND GROUP CONTACTS YOU FOR A ALLEGED DEBT, CHECK ALL RECORDS AND DONT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION!!!

Northland Group - A debt i dont owe

they send me a letter that i owe 619.58 regarding a at&t line about 7 years ago and offer me a settlement of 309.79. Is this fraud what can i do there affecting my credit.

Northland Group - Rude & Harrassing

I received a call just now from the Northland Group and they asked to speak with my husband who is not available. Before I could even ask who was calling and if I could take a message they hung up on...

Northland Group - SCAM SCAM SCAM !

whatever you do do not pay Northland Group Inc.!!! my mom asked me to help her pay them, and not that i know anything, but i'd never heard of Northland Group Inc. I googled them and all that came...

Northland Group - Attempt to collect debt I do not owe

I received a statement asking me to pay $78.11. I called Northland Group Inc and a man who identified himself as Pheng Vue answered. He said the balance is from a Pavilion credit card and insisted...

Northland Group - FRAUDULENT COLLECTION LETTER

I am getting letters from Northland Group, Inc "offering" to settle a debt to a jewelery store chain at a reduced rate.

First of all, Friedman's Jewelers filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2005. The account that I had with this company was paid in full early in 2005 and closed. I was contacted by a representative of the Friedman Corporate office in Savannah, GA early in 2006 regarding an account in my name that the store manager, Will, out of the Dublin, GA location had been using along with numerous other accounts to boost his sales to meet promotional quotas and then returning the merchandise back to the store's inventory.

As I have stated, I paid Friedman Jewelers any and all monies the was owed to them by me. I do not owe this debt and will not pay it.as contacted

My husband received a collection notice from Northland Group. Considering that he has never had an account of any kind with Capital One, this notice was highly suspicious. Before any action of any kind was to be taken, we popped into this website and discovered this company has many, many complaints against them. Wow! I can not understand how this is happening considering in my opinion, is fraud. Before I shredded this document, I thought I would add to the complaint board. Be careful.

Thank you for the information. I will pursue this matter quickly.

Northland Group, Inc is a debt collector, and, like so many debt collectors they don't bother to validate the information they have before starting the collection process on someone. Don't be surprised if you haven't heard the last of them. Check your husbands credit reports. Chances are they've put something on there too. Don't ignore the letter you received. Your husband should send them a letter (via certified mail with return receipt requested) requesting them to 1. Prove that the 'debt' is legitimate and 2) Proof that they have 'legal standing' to demand a penny from him. Do not sign the letter (signatures have a way of showing up on faked documents). Type your husband's name at the bottom of the letter. If you send it within 30 days of receiving the initial letter, they must, by law stop the collection process until they send you the proof you asked for. Never give a collection agency any personal information or access to your financial world.

Northland Group - Collection Attempts

Got a letter from this company saying that they were offering me a deal to "clear a debt" that I don't even owe. According to the letter, it was a debt owed to Arrow Financial Services, another...

Northland Group - phoney collection notice

i have recieved a letter today from this northland group requesting that i pay them $130.91, a so-called settlement in place of a $218.19 balance, this is nuts, i dont owe them anything, , and have...

1 2 3