Northern Neck InsuranceI truly think its unfair

J

My name is John Johnson I am 81 years old. I been paying Northern Neck Insurance Company through Lee Curtis for 30 some years.Each year the insurance continue to increase. I paid it faithfully each year. I filed a claim around 2003 when the hurricane hit my house. They came out and surveyed the house and paid. I paid my bill around April or May for the year. In Oct, I put in a claim for the repair the roof after a heavy rain the roof started to leak.

Northern Neck Insurance Company wrote to me with a termination of coverage saying the property had a lack of upkeep and maintenance. The problem is as long as I was paying the money they accept it. When I made a claim they cancel me.

I truly think its unfair to pay money to insurance every year and never make a claim and when you do they cancel you.

Northern Neck Insurance Company
[protected]
[protected]
www.nnins.com
P.O. Box 419
Irvington, VA 22480

• Af
    A.Foster Feb 08, 2013

Your insurance was going up each year because they were increasing your coverage. That is standard for most companies. You filed two claims, and it sounds like they cancelled you after they came out and inspected your house for the claims. Could it be that they cancelled you because of exactly what they said, "lack of upkeep and maintenance." I'm not trying to insult you, but companies don't cancel becuase you filed two claims in a 8 year span.