North Plainfield Nissanfraudulent sales practices

S

I test drove 2 cars and decided on a 2006 Murano. Everything was fine until we began negotiating for the price of the car. The salesman, Shawn Daiany, asks me at one point to give him my debit card, so when he presents my final offer, his sales manager will know I'm serious. I refused, and he presents the offer and tells me the sales manager approved the deal. When he comes back with the contract, it contains several outrageous fees: $695.00 for "dealer prep" he explains that if the car needed work when they took it in trade, this cost gets past on the me. There was also $350.00 in "document prep fees" and $200.00 for "title and Tag registration" finally they charged $195.00 for "vehicle etching". This amounts to $1450.00 in "fees". These "fees" would have more than wiped away any "deal" I had worked out for the price of the car. I refused the deal, and contacted the Consumer Fraud Reporting Agency on Somerset County. I was told that they have received many complaints about this dealership's practices and would in fact be sending them a letter addressing these concerns. I would never do business with them.

• Me
    Mehedi Feb 25, 2009

I had similar experience with this dealership. They con people. I Purchased a Quest from them. Everything was nice until it came time for negotiating the deal. There were all kinds of fees, charges in the deal, almost $1700 worth on top of what the van cost. I was also asked to pay for etching, $200 for title/registration.
    Weeks later I finally get my registration and find out that it only cost $75 for the registration. I called Nissan and was told that the difference will be forwarded to me within the next week. By my account it would be a check for $125. To my surprise it was a check for $60 only. I called Nissan again and I was told that no one could help me on this. Accounting would not take my call because there were apparently too many complaints to deal with. The manager would not even come to the phone. I know $65 dollar is not a lot of money but it's the principle. I was also offered the customer care package but refused it because I knew it would be shady and they would tag on more expenses at the time of service. My salesman was Andy. I am thinking of calling help me Howard from channel 11 and exposing them. I was also called by a different salesman from Nissan the day after I purchased the car asking if I needed a second remote/key. He was willing to sell it o me for $50. I didn't think much of it then but it was the second set of key/remote that belonged to the van and should have been given to me at the time of purchase. North Plaifield Nissan is a con, they Zip people. I will never do business with them or refer anyone to them. I am hoping te BBB does something about this/them. They need to be shutdown.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices