North American Hunting Clubmagazines, lifetime subscriptions?

P Review updated:

North american hunting club:
Gentlemen. I have been a new three year, paid up member now, for about three months, and I am still waiting to receive the three free gifts that I was promised, when I joined the nahc. Also, I continue to receive membership renewal offers for 2 or 3 year periods, which I feel are very premature? Yesterday, I received a lifetime membership offer, supposedly, for free, along with an embroidered, lifetime membership decal. I feel like I am being rushed into something that I am getting more and more skeptical about, by the day. If I am not going to receive my three free gifts for my initially joining the nahc, I would appreciate it very much if you would cancel my membership, and refund the $36.00 credit card payment that I paid to join, a couple of months back. I am beginning to get a very uncomfortable feeling about having joined the nahc. I would appreciate it very much if you would take appropriate action on my request. I have the impression that the nahc is only interested in my money, and money alone. Please respond to me as soon as possible.
Sincerely yours, a very disgruntled new member,

Paul d. Lyon
5617 lia drive,
Milton, florida

• Am
    Amanda Jul 21, 2008

I have to agree with you. We have been getting the same collection letters. If you contact RMCA about it they cant do anything they want the money. Tell you to contact North America Hunting Club Mag. to have them remove it. So you call them and guess what they have no record of the lifetime membership. You end up going nuts. So good luck on getting it removed.

matthew grandpre Sep 26, 2008

I have also recieved notification of passed due meber due in the amount of $341.00 from the debt collectors. I'm upset about it. I want to know how best to get out of it, hopefully with out buying into more of it.

• Pa
    Pau D. Lyon Dec 04, 2008

It's been over a week since I emailed my complaint memo in, (see it above, about not receiving my three promised free gifts, for a new 3-year subscription), and I still have not found an email address for the North American Hunting Club, where I can, supposedly, get in contact with their customer service department? How do they get away with these scams, is what I would like to know? I guess my next step will be to contact the Better Business Bureau, but I'm willing to bet that that will not help me get my new member subscription fee of $36.00 refunded and simultaneously cancelling my NAHC Membership...

• Ca
    carolenncollins Feb 01, 2011

I Just so happened to get our latest billing in the mail. This is the information on it. I have not tried any of this, as of yet, but I'll at least post the info. If you do find that it is a "real" person, who can "speak clearly" and "really does help" yahoo... Best of luck... I am looking forward to reading your next input.
    North American Hunting Club, PO Box 3526, Hopkins, MN 55343 - 1-877-893-7879 M-F 7#)am to 8:00 pm, CST Sat 8am to 4:40pm - fax 952-988-7499

----- email ---- huntingclub.com

straightshooter45 Apr 21, 2011

NAHC is a acredited compay with the BBB. If you have a problem call the 800 # and let them know, also as far as promised free gifts I have found that is all people see. Everyone seems to miss nest to the astrisk that say if you pay today. certain gifts or 1st time field test offers are not good on a payment plan and it clearly says so, and even if it is in the fine print who care that is your fault for not reading it, do you buy a car without reading the fine print. Actually you probably do if you dont take the time to read it on something like a NAHC membership.
    It is not their fault our obligation to make good with anyone because they didnt read the offer thuroughly. I was in the military two different branches so for those who have also been in, you should know enough to read every last word on any form you send in for membership or sign for membership to anything.
    I can not express this enough read read read every last word and understand it. Dont blame NAHC or north american membership group because you didnt do just that.

• Ok
    OKieJD Dec 06, 2018

@straightshooter45 Fine. Explain the “Life Memberships” that have not been honored.

• Da
    David Straub Dec 29, 2018

@OKieJD Exactly OKieJD ... I've been a member of this club since at least 1991, and I've not heard a peep out of this "club" for many years now!

straightshooter45 Apr 21, 2011

trying to set a pick example of what people seem to miss.

straightshooter45 Apr 22, 2011

underneith the word set in astrisk it says "if you pay today"

• Je
    Jesse Kline Jul 30, 2013

North American hunting club is an absolute joke ive been a member for 2 years and my father has been a member for over 20 and we have yet to receive anything but Chinese made garbage wheres my bow or gun to field test further more wheres my dads ### im done with there lies and cheap ### gifts which not to mention never even worked from the package. But you look in the magazines and the people who do get guns or bows are people with a lot of money so NAHC you can kiss my ### and someone needs to take a stand, to this nonsense and where does our lifetime membership or just our regular dues go towards? I know it lines there pockets surely not ours. Please do not waste your money on this scamming organization.

billy cochran May 19, 2014

I have been a life time member since 2008 I guess it is so I, ill get a magazines I thank they forgot about me but I stall get my magazines did the rest of the co go out of bossiness my email is [email protected] the same one I had since 2008 I guess you for got it to

• Sh
    Shaftedinwis Jul 02, 2014

I joined NAHC in July of 1997 as a Life Member.Still have my card, plaque and jacket. I stopped receiving my magazine in 1999 and couldn't get in touch with anyone. I recently tried once again to contact them with absolutely no luck. They scammed me back then just as they're scamming people now. If anyone is reading this, don't waste your time with this so called "club".
    Here's a list of what was promised me. (listed on the back of my membership card):
    * This card designates the member whose name appears above as a Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and is entitled to all privileges and benefits of membership --
    * North American Hunter magazine with Keeping Track newsletter
    * Free Gear and Gun Give-Aways
    * Free field testing opportunities and reports
    * Eligibility to win free hunting trips
    * Rating service on guides and outfitters
    * And much, much more
    North American Hunting Club * P.O. Box 3401 * Minnetonka, MN 55343

Right !! I paid for the plastic card, the $2 wood plaque, the imitation leather jacket and 2 years of the magazine. I was then ceremoniousely dropped on my ear.

• To
    tom dellinger Oct 11, 2014

hello NAHC well now I'm here to let you know I now feel that I feel your company is a big money making scam that offered big fancy bells and whistles and left me with some low grade junk that I could buy at any one of the stores that sell any kind of sporting goods and I could expect to get what I pay for instead of some over rated junk that is made by under paid labor in some third world country .
    So thanks for taking my hard earned money and leaving me with a poor opinion of you and other companies that may or may not deserve it.

• La
    landers61 Oct 29, 2014

I find it funny that everyone complains without looking into things. First off, like it was said earlier, you have to read the fine print of everything. If you are not getting what you thought, it is probably because you didn't do what you were supposed to. Secondly, if you would take the time to keep up to date with the organization, you would know that you have to register on their website to be able to test things. I know that wasn't in the original agreement, but their new system actually allows users to register for different items to test, and it does work. I personally have received several quality (and costly) test items. After testing, you have to go online and do the product review, or you will not get anything else to test. It really is a simple system. Educate yourselves.

• Ok
    OKieJD Dec 06, 2018

@landers61 Again, explain the dropping of Life Members

• Do
    Douglas Goree Mar 19, 2019

@landers61 I have not received 1 thing in last 15 years and magazines went digital on line. NAHC faded away just thought about not hearing anything from them went to researching found out they are no longer legit.

bill2506 Feb 28, 2015

I have been a life member for 20 year's I got a leather jacket I was given field trial items but for about7 years I haven't gotten a magazine or anything from them I have read a lot of posts this happening way to often

• Mi
    mike sciarretta May 06, 2015

I have been a life member since the early eighties and received a leather jacket a magazines.. it has probably been three or four year and I have not seen a magazine. whats up with that? magazines for life is what a life mebership included, did it not?

• De
    deerhunter51 Jun 07, 2015

I am a life member of NAHC since 1985. The field testing is no more. forget about the magazine. It was monthly then quarterly now they don't offer it anymore. It is time for a class action lawsuit. Everything they said when joining has been taken away. I'm sorry to say that I am a member to NAHC. What a joke it turned out to be.

• Br
    Brad Grant Jul 16, 2015

I paid for a life membership about 10 years ago cant remember the last time I got a magazine tried to call the number on the back of my card the number has been disconnected I want a full refund I was scamed

• Fy
    Fyrcapt Aug 10, 2015

To all. Both the North American Hunting Club and the North American Fishing Club have changed their website. They can both be located at http://www.scout.com/ I recently experienced some of the same subscription issues and such. After finding the "NEW" website, I was able to gain access to both my North American Hunting Club and the North American Fishing Club accounts / information and update them as needed. All the new "Club contact information" is available there as well. I hope this helps and maybe some or all of you will be able to get some sense of satisfaction from these folks in one way or the other.

• Ro
    Ronald O'Dell Aug 21, 2015

A LIFE MEMBER since 1982 ever since Bill Miller was President the club has gone to HELL . I got on the internet today 8/21/2015 because I figured I was the only one not getting a magazine . Never been ask to try any kind of any product in all them years .Was very satisfied in the early years now I wont give 2 cents for the whole club . I agree with the one who said about a class action sued . Was also a charter member of North American Fishing Club till I found they were having tournaments then I quit rite then

• Do
    don swaney Aug 26, 2015

I have been a member since 2003 and I to have been s_t on by this company. every thing I was promised and paid for has just been taken away. I know to type in caps means you a yelling well yes I am. this was an contract that I agreed to and for which nahc took my money and agreed to provide. since nahc has decided to terminate the agreement for which I signed and entered I expect a full refund from nahc. I would be happy to talk to anyone from nahc on a way to resolve this issue (803-788-0474). if nothing happens I to thank it is time for a class action lawsuit and also maybe the news people (like fox news) would be interested in talking to the member who have bee scammed.

Reviewer45665 Sep 08, 2015

I became a life member with nahc october 1993, I havn't received a magazine or anything else for over 2 years now. what do I need to do to get what I paid for??? my membership number is or was 40092559.

• Tl
    tlc big sky Sep 12, 2015

I agree with the class action suit, been a life member since 1985 and I want a monthly hardcopy magazine or my life membership refunded. I'll join any lawsuit. Terry Cox Member Number 40014398 PO BOX 161745 Big Sky, MT. 59716-1745

Bill woods Sep 25, 2015

I have been a life member since 2004 where did the magazines go. I paid all my money for a life time member ship. If I don't get my magazines I want my money back thank you very much.My membership number is . 40512635.

• Tl
    tlc big sky Sep 25, 2015

Agree we just got screwed!! Find some lawyer and start a class action suit. I don't know how many life members there are, but at $300-400 each it should add up fast..

Steve_S Sep 28, 2015

Like all of you, I too was cheated out of both my Life and Trophy Membership benefits (which no longer exist and in my opinion are a breach of contract). When I recently contacted SCOUT.com (which has taken over ownership of the NAHC) I was told the Terms of Service which I was "required to accept, upon enrollment, there are no refunds beyond the first year of membership". I have asked to have my request escalated to a higher authority and to receive a copy of my signed agreement to those terms...we'll see what happens.

• Br
    Brian E Johnson Sep 29, 2015

I have been member for about 25 years no testingout equipment or anything alse this ia the third time my subscription has been dropped and this has been about 3 years know cannot get ahlod of them member # is 40115557
    Brian

Reviewer33017 Oct 06, 2015

I'm a life member of North American Hunting club with club member number 40070364 5 #HC. My concern is i don't receive my magazine anymore. Thank you! Dustin R. Downing Sr.

• Na
    Nathan Weber Oct 18, 2015

Been a life member since the early 1990's. I stopped getting my magazine in the last year. Since the latest version of their magazine, less magazines, bigger in size magazines. They have been very bad. The articles (s)uck, Don't care for all the African hunts. The name is why I joined. North American Hunting. I don't care about African hunts. Never did win any of the free merchandise to try out. So I gave up on entering those. I, too, got billed for a calendar years ago I never received. I do believe this club just turned into a scam. Very disappointed with it.

Mark Porrett Oct 19, 2015

Lifetime Member #40661118 here, I agree with all the negative comments. I can't recommend this club to anyone anymore. I'm on a quest/hunt to find out the bottom line of what is going on with the signin problems, magazine, and status of the club. I'm with you on how the club has become a waste. If the people in charge want to contact me, my membership number is provided.

• Mi
    Michael Panter Oct 22, 2015

Where is a ligit # to call them

Madmikenohio Oct 23, 2015

HELLO ALL, well I shouldnt be yelling at you guys, sorry. But yea, same here!!! Mike in ohio, and very mad at these scammers. I also will be more than happy to start or jump on board with legal action. Ive been a life member since Aug of 99., If anyone wants, please keep me posted. Mike Decker, 937-728-8877, or email at [email protected] I WOULD LIKE TO SETTLE FOR NO LESS THAN MY ORIGINAL FEE, AND COMPENSATION FOR THE FRAUD

• Ha
    Hambone6511 Oct 26, 2015

totally ripped off, waiting for promised annual silver big game coins, a life member for several years and a cheap
    fake leather jacket...300.00 for a useless membership. I demand a full refund and if so I will gladly send them back my jacket and they can put it where the sun don't shine. Their contests were rigged, no magazine delivery for almost 8 years now and not even a so sorry. Shame on me for being lured into the biggest sportsman
    scam on the face of the earth... they dont live up to their claims or promises
    * North American Hunter magazine with Keeping Track newsletter
    * And much, much more
    North American Hunting Club * P.O. Box 3401 * Minnetonka, MN 55343

• Ha
    Hambone6511 Oct 26, 2015

anyone start a class action lawsuit yet?

• Ke
    KempkaR Nov 12, 2015

I am a life time member and I haven't received my magazines. I tried calling and found the numbers to be disconnected.
    Never thought they would scam their followers. Would like my money back.
    Russ. Kempka

Reviewer69121 Nov 23, 2015

I am a life member (40302659) and have not received any magazines in 2015. Was this club just a giant rip off? Robert Yerger 182 Evergreen Drive Hertford, NC 27944

• Wa
    wally g Nov 29, 2015

gentle men and ladies my name is walter. i have been a nahc member for over 15 years. i started off with a regular membership and made my way all the way up to a trophy life membership. i have been a trophy life member since may 2010. i have not seen a magazine in over 18 months. i got to test 2 items since i have been a member a knife and a rain suit. they sent me to collections over the rain suit which ended up costing me 180.00 thats on top of my 500.00 and something dollar membership fees . i have contacted the nahc several times with no solution to the problem. i recently talked to an attorney friend of mine who works for one of the top five law firms in missouri, he got on line and read tons of our stories and is willing to open a law suit against nahc and its top people because we all know their one in the same. he said he will need names and member numbers of as many people as he can get. he ask if i would be willing to help him get as many as possible. so please as hunters lets pull together and let the nahc know that they can not just take our money and go on these expensive hunting trips and not provide the services they promised. you can contact me at [email protected] or 6364655574 thank you . and remember to get out and enjoy the outdoors but always be safe.

James Bullard Dec 05, 2015

Have not gotten any mag lately, and I am a life member #40086450, haven`t had any come in sense spring or before. whats going on, life membber means life member right??? james bullard life member #40086450!!!

Reviewer71699 Dec 18, 2015

I realized after some time I wasnt getting my magazine any more. I am a life time member. I tryed calling several #, s but got no where. I guess they are out of business. They could of let me know. I really feel let down.

John dale Watson Dec 20, 2015

Can I email these guys to make inquiries on my lack of magazines for the last year. I started years ago and at first received monthly magazines and then it was fall, winter spring/summer additions three times a year. Not good for a monthly magazine. But now I don't get anything. This must be against some laws I would think. Isn't anyone out there a lawyer that could do a class action type of thing for us all. I also paid the $350 some odd dollars for a life long magazine. This is nothing short of thievery. Could someone give out the email address for now please.
    thanks, John from Dauphin Canada.

Normswild Dec 22, 2015

Been a member since 2001.Never had a problem till the last couple of years Mags didn't show up in 2014 so called and received latest issue but no back issues.Haven't received any issues since then .I paid for a life member and last time I checked I was still breathing.Seems it all went to h_ll since scout took it over How do I get connected to the persons initiating the class action suit if it has been initiated and if not lets get it going.I joined a hunting club and last connection I got was all football.Any reply is greatly appreciated.Please contact me at e [email protected] .com...We're all in this same sh_t hole together.Thank You
    Norm Wells

• Du
    Duck Hunter Jan 02, 2016

I became a NAHC life member in 1998 after several years as an annual member. I received magazines up until last year and then I started getting these giant atlas-sized magazines in a new format. The magazine was a joke. No more gear to test, not that I ever got anything good to test, but at least there was something. I want my money back, to tell you the truth. This was supposed to be a club for people to connect with other hunters and trade hunts, etc. It's all a farce now. I have not received any correspondence from them in almost a year.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices