North American Hunting Clubmagazines, lifetime subscriptions?

P

North american hunting club:
Gentlemen. I have been a new three year, paid up member now, for about three months, and I am still waiting to receive the three free gifts that I was promised, when I joined the nahc. Also, I continue to receive membership renewal offers for 2 or 3 year periods, which I feel are very premature? Yesterday, I received a lifetime membership offer, supposedly, for free, along with an embroidered, lifetime membership decal. I feel like I am being rushed into something that I am getting more and more skeptical about, by the day. If I am not going to receive my three free gifts for my initially joining the nahc, I would appreciate it very much if you would cancel my membership, and refund the $36.00 credit card payment that I paid to join, a couple of months back. I am beginning to get a very uncomfortable feeling about having joined the nahc. I would appreciate it very much if you would take appropriate action on my request. I have the impression that the nahc is only interested in my money, and money alone. Please respond to me as soon as possible.
Sincerely yours, a very disgruntled new member,

Paul d. Lyon
5617 lia drive,
Milton, florida

• Ou
    outlaw 4640 Nov 16, 2020

I have lifetime membership junk. But the magazines and junk stop as soon as I turned down the super lifetime membership. Trying to get more money. Haven't heard from them in years.

• Ou
    outlaw 4640 Nov 16, 2020

I got a lifetime membership to the north American hunting club. I haven't heard anything or gotten anything in years from these idiots. I got those lame hunting videos. Mark kaiser always had a cocky adidtude. Just a money taking scam.

MichaelPettus Feb 12, 2020

I became a lifetime member in December 2010. I got my welcoming gifts with buckle, knife, playing cards, gun cleaning pad and gun carrying case. Nice gifts and all but my magazines and everything stopped not long after! A waste of over $400 cause I signed on before as just a yearly member.

• Ke
    KennyGH Jan 04, 2020

I became a life member 20+ years ago. What the hell happened? They never followed through on any commitments made. I would like to have my money back. What's joke!!!

Michael Dancy Oct 16, 2019

I've been a life-member for more than (10) years, and I have not received anything from them in about (10) years. What's the problem? I payed my membership and c
    Haven't received anytime thing in about that long. I'm wondering if so should file a lawsuit...

• Wo
    Wood Man Aug 20, 2019

Back in the early nineties, I paid several hundred dollars for a lifetime membership in the club. It has been several years since I have had any communication of any kind from this club. I believe I should get a full refund of my payment.

• At
    A True American Aug 13, 2019

I am a lifetime member and these folks went like gangbusters for the first month of me joining. Since then I have not heard a word from them. I'm convinced that they are what I call legal scammers. They target good, hardworking, patriotic men/women and then take your money and run. The sad part about it is that they get away with it.

• Ih
    Ihor Aug 13, 2019

I haven't heard anything from them in years, over a decade, and would like my life membership payment refunded. You see I am still alive and holding up my end of the bargain, them ... not so much!

• Ro
    Robert Maricle Jul 21, 2019

I feel like I've been ripped off by this club I haven't gotten anything when I first joined they all they did was send me stuff that I had to buy books and stuff I got a plaque and red jacket but that's all I don't get a magazine anymore I don't get anything I don't even get a member decal anymore there are a rip-off and need to be checked

• Er
    Eric Lewis Jun 17, 2019

All I can say is I got the lifetime membership not only to North American Hunter, but North American Fisherman. Several hundred dollars. It started with the magazine the went from monthly to 4 a year, and then all the sudden nothing. I contacted them and was told they had converted to digital? Nowhere did I get a letter stating that. Then the testing program, if you can call it that, you were supposed to be enrolled in it. I can say I never once got to test anything, no free gear ever. So the lies started stacking up and up. NAC/NAF was never going to make that right, then they went to scout web site and it really went downhill. I noticed in 2017 that they quit posting to facebook and the website at scout just all but quit working. I was a rip off from the start, and lies and false promises followed, with also sending me stuff I never ordered with big price tags that had to be sent back, but yet never tested anything. OH well as far as I can tell its been gone since 2017 and with it several hundred of my dollars.

• Ri
    RickinAK Jun 10, 2019

Wow! That's the only word I can muster after scanning through this board. Like many of the majority, I too protest the failure from NAHC to uphold their "Lifetime Member" obligations. I joined in 1989 and although I choose to remain unnamed, I will post my NAHC Lifetime Membership in the event this ever becomes a class action law suit. NAHC Life Member #[protected] email: [email protected]

Has anyone whom has posted here taken the liberty to take the lead and to look into filing such class action lawsuits? Has anyone stated a petition for people to sign to start this process? Are there any attorney/legal types (previous and/or current NAHC Members) out there to offer some solid advice?

I've sent numerous emails regarding this subject to have them fall upon deaf ears. I understand the bankruptcy from NAHC, the purchase by CBS, but what about the past commitments, gifts, magazines, testing offers, etc.? They're all gone. If anything, CBS needs to acknowledge the NAHC "loss" if they're not continuing and honoring their previous commitments in some manner to the thousands of outdoorsmen/women whom have lost hundreds of dollars. Hundreds of dollars from thousands of members equates to large quantities of money; money taken or stolen from all of us and lining the pockets of the NAHC executives. I wonder how Mr. Miller and his NAHC cronies are living these days? Probably have huge ranches out west (private) with no public access- all thanks to you & I. Rant over (mic drop)

• Mo
    Mountianhunter Jun 04, 2019

Just read my post. I did not use profanity. A [censored] is defined in the American Heritage dictionary as "a stupid person". Now if I had dropped the F-bomb or something, I would understand this, but your censorship of my "political incorrectness" is beyond lame. Ya'll should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Mo
    Mountianhunter Jun 04, 2019

Guys, they sold out to CBS. You know One of the major Television networks that are falling apart because so many people are tired of their BS. Go to "scout.com" and click on hunting. Read that fine print though. If you register for the club, your also registering for the rest of CBS' crap. The scam is that the club was sold to these [censored]s without anyone telling us about it.
    My guess is the original operators of the club retired and the idiots that took over messed it all up to the point where selling it and all of our information and memberships to CBS was their golden parachute. Seeing so many complaints here and no resolutions make me think this site is part of a system to lead us to believe something may actually be done about this, but who owns this site? I'm just speculating here, but I do think we've been scammed, I think the few on here that are making excuses or "trying to help", telling us how going to the new website and registering is so great, are just shills for CBS. Could you imagine being so pathetic at your job with that pitiful organization that this is your assignment. How Sad!
    Life Member Since 10/2004
    Member Number [protected]
    Oh, and when I moved in 07, it was such a BS hassle to change my address, such poor customer service, I walked away.
    Good luck finding a lawyer wanting to take on CBS, cause I'm sure the thieves that sold us out are long gone by now. But good luck.

• Ta
    Tazdrev Apr 30, 2019

I was a life member till my mags stopped coming. They also screwed me over. I paid for life membership and now I have nothing.

Douglas Goree 2011 17h. Ave Norhport AL. 35476 Member #[protected]

I was a lifetime and few years upgraded to Trophy membership. On board for any law suet.

Douglas Goree Mar 20, 2019

@Douglas Goree Forgot to put close to when I joined which was before 2000.

@Douglas Goree Opps phone #[protected]

• Sc
    Scott Moran Mar 12, 2019

My Name is Scott Moran, Member since November 1986 and a Life Member since November 1989, and Trophy Life Member since May of 1991 Member # [protected]. I never received anything but a wooden plaque when I became a Life Member. My brother became a Life Member and received a jacket and table mat to clean his rifle on. My son became a Life Member and he received a vest and a mat to clean his rifle on. At the time I contacted the club, which you were still able to do then, and they told me that their was nothing they could do for me since I was already a Life Member. Since that time I have seen the benefits slowly dwindle down to nothing and now there isn't even a club anymore! I and my family have paid a lot of money into the organization and guaranteed that there would be benefits for my life time. Only now they are gone, that just doesn't seem right to me? How an organization can continue to collect money and make promises to get you to become a Life Member and in my case Trophy Life Member only to have that disappear without so much as a letter in the mail telling me such. I would be willing to join any lawsuit that is filed against either the original owner or current owner for wrongful termination of promised services. We paid our money and should have rights for that. I am no lawyer but I believe that is theft isn't it? We paid for a service and now we are no longer able to use or get the services we paid for. This is so wrong on too many fronts!

Mike Chaulk Feb 08, 2019

Might as well jump in as well. Been a life member since March, 1994 and of course nothing from them for years. Weren't they the ones that sent books and other stuff without you requesting them? Lots of cheap stuff they tried to sell us as I recall. Looks like the old saying saying "nothing is forever" holds true with this club.

Mike from Michigan

• Ri
    RichinFlatRock Jan 16, 2019

I also am in the same boat as the rest of the Life Members. Myself, a lifer since May 1989, member number 27449. Sorry to say, but the good old days are gone. Not scammed in 89, but sure am disappointed now. Well, I am now 76 y/o and guess I will have to live out the rest of my time with NAHC. I have a decal and a membership card to remember when...

Richard in Flat Rock NC

• Br
    Brian teneyck Jan 05, 2019

I haven't received a thing in about 10 years and I can't get a Hold of anyone about it.what can I do about it please help.

• Fi
    Fiffty Dec 12, 2018

Been a lifetime member since 98. Stopped receiving any benefits or club news. Looked forward to the magazines as i do not have internet all the time. Also i do not receive any club news since my lifetime trophy payment was processed. Would like a refund if club benefits are not gonna be provided. What a scam.

• Ok
    OKieJD Dec 06, 2018

Just waiting for the invite to the class action suit. No one is held accountable anymore, untill you go after their pocketbook. Anyone considering joining, don’t. Don’t waste your money. Total scam.

• Pc
    Pcabn Nov 20, 2018

Haven't received magazine in two or three years phone lines all disconnected. It's a ripoff can be contacted at [email protected]

• Bu
    Bubby Fluharty Nov 19, 2018

Became a lifetime member in the 90s I haven't received a single thing from them in years I'm guessing at least 20 years now. Sad cause I used to get magazines, videos, gear and would buy a lot of stuff. But I have not received a thing in years. What happened?
    Very disappointed
    Life time member of what I don't know.

• La
    larryj1 Nov 19, 2018

They use to send me a magazine every month. Now I get nothing, I paid for a lifetime membership back in the 80's. This is the biggest scam they just got our money and we got nothing.
    Larryj1

• Ru
    Russell martinell Nov 12, 2018

I am a life member and haven't received any magazines for the last 3 years.i have just moved and can't get a hold of them to even change my address.they should refund my money for the membership or do what they promised to do when I became a life member.

• Ro
    rob lanza Nov 11, 2018

stopped receiving life member magazines and benefits for last 2 years with no explanation pd $500 for life membership like 20 years ago rob lanza 84 papscoe rd Hewitt nj 07421 life member#[protected]

• Da
    David Hendrickson Oct 16, 2018

I wont repeat all the complaints yet again.
    In fact I forgot all about both clubs that I am (was) a life member too.
    You gladly took my money for a life membership in 1996 and it has been a downhill slide since then.
    I guess your business plan wasnt made to last 20 years.

• Da
    Dale Hoots Oct 16, 2018

I have been a life member since the early 90s and have had my magazine
    subscription stopped three time now I have tried the phone number provided is there another number other than the one posted [protected]
    that anyone has had any success resolving this particular issuse

• Bi
    BIKER42 Oct 15, 2018

I am a trophy life time member #[protected] since 2004. I have not gotten the magazine for long time and have not received emails. My email is [email protected], my telephone # is [protected]. please follow uo on this and get back to me. !!!

Michael Payne Sep 23, 2018

I was a member back in 2011 and after a while they stopped sending me my monthly magazines that I did look forward to every month I did after a while gave up on..I only did the membership a year at a time and was a member for 3 years..They only sent me two test products, one being a filet knife which was pretty dang sharp and held up, the other one was some type of rust prevention strips that you put in your tool or fishing tackle box..Those were a total fail by the way..I was going to become a lifetime member but opted out being on a limited income..The only plus about that is they sent me a huge lifetime member kit in the mail, a belt buckle, wooden plaque with my name on it, gun cleaning mat, etc to which I still have..I was fortunate that they never billed me after that so I was able to cancel my membership without any complications..I feel for everybody who got ripped off and never in my days I had ever dreamed a company could be so corrupt and I hope that they all somehow get their money back or compensated in some way, and I'm lucky that I wasn't one of them..I also joined the NAFC but cancelled that as well after 3 years..Good riddance to both companies!!

• 77
    7777777777 Sep 23, 2018

Same here, life member since 1998. I have not received a magazine in years. Does anyone know their new contact info?

• 77
    7777777777 Sep 23, 2018

Same here, life member since 98. I haven't received a magazine in a long while. Has anyone found their new contact info?

• Mr
    mrichard Sep 06, 2018

What happened to it?

• Ca
    Camet Haulsee sr Sep 05, 2018

I have been a Life Member since Aug. 1995 and a yearly member for numerous
    years before. Member # 185116.

I would like a resumption of life member services or a refund of my life
    member (#185116) dues.

Camet Haulsee
    818 Muller Rd
    Westminster, MD 21157

• Co
    Cody Wilson Sep 05, 2018

As most of the other complaints I am a life member as of 01/2010 #[protected] and have not seen or heard anything from NAHC for some time. I would like a response of what is going on with this and if this is no longer active what recourse I have to get a refund or something for the service no longer being provided. Thank You

• St
    steve garton Sep 03, 2018

I'm just looking for my magazines...I have a life membership and was promised a magazine every month...

• Pa
    Paul Thayer Aug 21, 2018

I paid for a lifetime membership was receiving the magazine for a few months have never received anything sense tried contacting them and got the b******* run around and now I don't even know if they're still in business can anyone give me any information please

• Dl
    DLCobb Aug 21, 2018

SCOUT / NAHC
    12301 Whitewater Drive
    Minnetonka, MN 55343
    April 29, 2018
    Sir:
    I ask for a refund of my Life Membership from NAHC.

Life Member #[protected]

Request a response.

I no longer get a magazine which I paid forand promised to receive for life.

Darrell Cobb
    1​148 Old Highway 4
    Council Grove, Kansas 66846
    [protected]​

• Pa
    Paul Bulsei Aug 20, 2018

I have been a life member for over twenty years and the nahc just disappeared! no info at all! no magazine, nothing! what gives?

• Jg
    jgibbons Aug 20, 2018

Been a life member since 1984.
    Haven't received any mailings/magazine for a long time.
    Was going to contact them when I ran into these reviews.
    Seems like i am not the only one.