Complaints & Reviews

billed for calendar and never received calendar! same thing happened last year with another one of their products!

We got billed for a calendar that we never even receieved!! Same thing happened last year for a product that...

scam

Awhile back, I subscribed to north american hunting club for the monthly magazine and the promise of being...

getting invoiced for books and dvd's not ordered

Nahc keeps sending invoices for dvd's and books that I neither ordered nor received. The provided 800 number has no "press 0 to speak to a person" feature, one keeps getting stuck in an automated loop of what to press next to "pay" or "renew membership". I do not want to be a member and I will not pay for items that I did not order! This is a big scam trying to frighten people into paying for something they did not receive or ask for, as one of the "overdue notices" even threatens to turn the amount over to a collection agency! Beware hunters!!!

thisman Oct 31, 2012

This one is EZ to take care of if they have sent you a letter that has their info. First do not approach a CA if you cannot speak their language. That means you have to know your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA. They will understand you know your rights and will handle you differently.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    Then it will be time to make your move. Send them a VOD - it has to be the original document that you signed with your signature on it-not some letterhead with an imaginary amount.
    Obviously if you didn't sign anything then they don't have anything with your signature on it. The law state you should get this within a reasonable time say 30days.
    Next upon failure to produce VOD send them a C&D and tell them you do not want to be contacted again over these fictitious debts. That you shall consider any attempt to do so as a violation of your instructions and shall constitute harassment and you shall seek full legal redress. Your communications should be CMRRR letters only. No phone calls or regular mail (It creates a paper trail.)

thisman Oct 31, 2012

C&D CMRRR not to contact you about this debt. Any attempt to do so shall constitute harassment and you shall seek legal redress. If they make contact sue them. Each violation you can prove is worth $1000 to you. You can sue pro se (get help at debtoboards.com) or you can use a lawyer. Most will take a case like this for free if they think you have a good case (depends on you being meticulous in collecting evidence) because the offending collector will pay your lawyer.

thisman Nov 01, 2012

Sorry didn't mean to spam, posting troubles over here.

• Pa
    patric murphy Mar 24, 2015

We returned this book on 2/10/14 it is EC 2015 - Legendary Whitetails III PKG. My Member hip Number is 40035639

I dont owe them crap

5 years north american hunting club sent me a offer for a magizine 36.00 for 3 years then the next month get a package saying I was selected to be a life time member and I looked throu it and dident see anything about paying crap infact is said it was free so I checked the box. And 2 months later I get a box with some worthless crap and in side is a bill for 360.00 so how does free go from 360.00 you tell both of yall are a scam.

collection threats

Am recieving threats from nahc to employ collection agencies for a membership I didn, t even recieve an offer to as well as their claim that I had been sent and that I recieved numerous gifts and assorted trinkets or toys etc. I have written them on two separate occasions explaining politely their error to no avail. There is a fishing club that I had initially recieved the same correspondance from but after my first letter sent to them, (Same letter sent to the n. A. H. C. ) , they have so far, stopped bothering me, at least to date.

• Pe
    Perry Peltonen, bear guide Mar 14, 2011

i also never joined it, got nasty collection threats, so paid it BIg mistake more unwanted mailings phony bills a book on whitetail hunting my cousin got 22 years ago when he had bad experience with this arm chair outfit, , put return label on box bill inside like it said send back next day now there saying return or pay forbook, , ha should of insured it got another deluge of crap about life membership from this this tin horn outfit never got the free gift trinkets there supposed to send either thumbs down, avoid, they wouldn't know a deer if it ran into there suite

• Ro
    Roger Strong Jun 23, 2014

North American Hunting Club ; Dear, Mr John Wilson, I have been a life member for over ten years now, this is way i don't buy things from are magazine; North American life club sent me a news letter about a special 10 pieces knife collectors series set, I like it ask them to send me some info about it, well they did they sent me the frist knife of the the series set it was nice but i just ed wanted the info frist, then they sent me the collectors box, display case and the second knife of the set, At that point I had made up my mine that I was not going to get the collectors series knife set, , So box up the display case with the second knife in it put the return lable on the box that was sent to me with the display case All so I sent the money for the frist knife, that was sent to me, And now I have been sent two invoices for payment for a knife . Not sure if its the first knife that i pay ed for or the second knife that i sent back to them, Today i have just spent an hour trying to fine the web site of i could try to get this line out, but u cant they don't want to talk to any bobby . Piz stop sending me this invoice for the knife that i all ready bough from you, Roger Strong MBR: 40416212 9

continuing bill for membership

Joined the club in june by accident. I thought I was responding to an nra program, but that is my mistake. I...

not using americans

I just recieved a phone call from one of your solicitors and I could not understand but a few words he was saying. The name of the club is north american hunting club and not the indian hunting club. I am a life member and I do not ask for much but if I recieve a call from you I would like to have someone on the other end of the line who speaks fluent english well enough that an american can understand.
I don't like telemarketers and I sure don't like them when you cannot understand them.

• Kw
    kw15 Mar 23, 2011

I have been a LIFE member of the North American Hunting Club fm the beginning of it.
    about 2008+- they stoped sending the magazine.
    they never answered any of my letters.
    FYI: I would not join again, they appear to have a MAJOR problen.
    spend your money where it will count... THE N R A ...

• Kb
    k. Berrett Feb 16, 2013

I am a life member of north american hunting club. I have not recived what they had promised ! the magazines have stop coming ! The products they said I would get to field test only happened one time, and that was some cheap light. I have NOTHING good to say about north american hunting club !! if i had away to get my money BACK and say good by to them i would in a heart beat !!!

magazines, lifetime subscriptions?

North american hunting club: Gentlemen. I have been a new three year, paid up member now, for about three...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices