North American Fishing ClubI owe $199.00 lifetime membership

D Review updated:

I just recieved a letter in the mail for a bill. The enclosed bill is from rmcb collection agency for the ammount of $199.00. According to this I bought a lifetime membership from the north american fishing club and never paid. I have never even gone fishing in my lifetime, so why would I join this. I have tried time and time again to reach rmcb collection agency @ [protected], their is only a busy signal. To me this sounds like a scam!!! The address is 2269 south saw mill river road, building 3, elmsford, ny, 10523. Beware of these people!!! Dc

• Ca
    Carolyn Smith Mar 14, 2008

I have been getting bills from NAFC for almost a year now. I did join their club. I was suppose to get free merchandise to test out. They did send me a little package of hooks one time. The rest of the time, they were sending books, which some of them we kept, but paid for. Then I started sending EVERYTHING back upopened. That's when I started getting a bill for $84.87 for something called BROOK TROUT SILVER PROOF. I don't even know what this is. Everything that I kept from them, I payed for. It was just fishing books. I've tried numerous times to get hold of them and tried to get hold of the collection company. I never can get through. Unfortunately, this is showing up on my credit report. I don't know how to clear this up.

Carolyn

• Et
    Ethan Richardson May 02, 2008

I continue to get letters from North American Fishing Club saying my membership dues are past due. I cancelled this membership several years ago. NAFC is threatening to send this matter to a collection agency. How can I make them understand I no longer want ot be a member!!!

• Sh
    Sherrie Gallatin Jun 13, 2008

I got a letter with my check back saying i was chosen to be a life time meber and i was going to send the payment and the info back when i get my check the 1st but i lost the info and envalope to be a life time meber becouse i like the produts i have so far the patches and all and i like the fact i pay this one time and i never have to worrie about it agin but i am hoping that you will resend the bill and the info so i can pay the bill to be a life time meber
    sherrie gallatin
    [email protected]
    and agin thank you

• Re
    redru23 Sep 15, 2008

I keep getting letters from these North American fishing peolpe for membership dues and have never asked for a membership. I called their collections agency in New York At RMCB 914-345-7136 and they don't even have any way to get in touch with these people except by computer. This is a bunch of ### and you would think something could be done about it because it needs to be.

• Da
    davesett2000 Dec 30, 2008

You can contact the Club at [email protected]
    Allow 3 business days for a response.

Or call a Member Services
    Representative Toll-free
    M-F, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm CST:
    1-800-843-6232

Or contact them by mail at:
    North American Fishing Club Member Services
    P.O. Box 3403
    Minnetonka MN, 55343-2103
    FAX: (952) 988-7499

Just remember...the person on the other end of your correspondence is NOT the one causing you the problems.

For all you know, either a "friend" or family member signed you up, or you are the victim of identity theft.

I have been a Life Member with them over 8 years, and the Club has over 450, 000 total Members.

• Fo
    Forrest M. Herron Apr 28, 2009

I have repeatedly attempted to make contact going to fishing club.com, but it always says there is no such address or contact. I, then went to [email protected], and got the same response. Fianlly I got a page that sked for my membership number and password, to which I submitted, but then I was told that neither were accurate or valid. After reading all the complaints above, I have begun to see that this is something I do not want to be a part of. Just one more of life's problems?

• Ju
    Judi May 18, 2009

I received a check in the amount of $24.00 which is to be deposited and used as a rebate from North American Fishing Club in which I recently paid $24.00 for a two year membership. The letter attached with the check is full of verbage regarding all the wonderful items I could receive if I follow through with their suggestion. However, there is one paragraph that has me concerned as follows: "When you become a Life Member, your monthly payment for 12 months comes to $23.75. After that you're done. Forever. You never have to pay dues again for the rest of your life." If I interpret this correctly - this means that I would pay the $23.75 each month for 12 months. A total of $285.00. What kind of a deal is that? I am beginning to think I should have never even accepted the two year membership. I'm also thinking that this is some sort of a con game. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Is it a scam?

• Ba
    badvwg Aug 07, 2009

When they send you the $36 refund of your signup fees, the packet mentions "You've been selected to be a lifetime member" and all the associated nonsense, the packet that comes with it simply keeps telling you to "DEPOSIT THE CHECK NOW!" The packet NEVER mentions how much the lifetime membership costs. I read the entire packet, and the only mention of the lifetime membership NOT being FREE is where they offere you 3 "FREE" gifts, the first one is sent to you when they receive the $36.00 "refund" check they send you, the second gift is mentioned to be shipped when your lifetime membership is HALF PAID, and the final "FREE" gift is shipped when your membership is FULLY PAID. Nowhere in the entire packet of info, does it mention how much it costs. My thinking was, "They're going to deduct whatever they want from my checking account! Why else would they simply not just subtract the $36 I'd already paid from whatever amount this lifetime membership costs?" That is the reason I searched online before depositing that check. Boy am I glad I found this site. I am KEEPING that check in a safe place, after writing VOID on it in black sharpie, in case I get a bill!!!

• Li
    LifetimeMemberNAFC&HCOA Jan 11, 2010

C'mon people. With one exception, most of you sound like smart adults. I have been a Lifetime Member of NAFC for many years and have never had a single problem with them. As far as the lifetime membership packet that you receive goes, they take whatever dues you have paid for however long you have been a member and send you a check for that amount to basically bring your account back to zero. If you have been a member for three years and have been receiving the magazine all that time, that means that in essence they are giving you back those three years and you were a member and receiving all benefits for those three years for free. You then pay your monthly fee for one year, which does equal out to 10 years of regular membership, then you are done. As long as you don't die during those 10 years, you come out on top. I have been sent hundreds of items over the years and have yet to be disappointed with a single one. NAFC, along with NAHC, HCOA and their other affiliate clubs are above reproach, and are stellar companies.

• Ro
    romeo johnson Aug 01, 2010

i paid my life time membership in full and they still say i owe them money i don' understand whats going on.

• Je
    jerry Johancen Jan 31, 2012

Thanks Guys,
    I had my registration in the envelope ready to mail, I will throw it out.

• Me
    Meddawg Feb 27, 2012

There is no website freegift.fishingclub.com...it only brought me to these complaint sites. I did sign up but should have known better. to good to be true...Those that say they are members with no problems are probably part of the scam!...so I ask those who have no issues with company, where's this website to have the weight n fillet set sent? Did YOU get yours? Calling tommorow to cancel before this gets worse.

• Bo
    bob crummond Jun 05, 2014

when i become a life member i understood i would become a field tester when i try to register i cant login. bob drummond member #90536436

• Ro
    Robert P. Lanham Oct 21, 2015

I have been a member since Sept. 2011. My membership # 90493077. At first I received my lifetime package, which I Paid for and I received the magazine and several nice fishing items. It has been over a year and I have not received so much as letter from you. The magazines stopped coming and so did the gifts to try. I would appreciate a phone call or an email as to my inquiry. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this matter.

Robert P. Lanham
    1695 Buck Run Rd
    Pennsboro, WV 26415
    email: [email protected]

• Pa
    Patrick Goddard Dec 22, 2015

i have been with north American fishing club since 1999 and I have to call or send a text about getting my magazines why do I have to keep doing this life member90107951 Patrick Goddard I think it its a bunch of bull hockey

• Ha
    Harry Guzaliak Aug 15, 2018

Haven't received the magazine in a year, sent my new address in December 2017.

Harry Guzaliak Jr
    200 S Central Ave Apt 12
    Umatilla, Florida 32784

Thank You for your attention in this matter.

• Do
    don scott smith Aug 20, 2018

i paid In full for life membership and a have not received any thing in the last 2 years not even a sinker !!!

• Ke
    Kevin Barton Aug 20, 2018

I have been a member since July 1994. Soon after that, I paid for life membership. I no longer get a magazine or even any mailings from them. After they grouped with scout, they went to a quarterly magazine. Now I don't even get that. This makes me no longer want to buy a life membership from anyone. I guess next step, BBB complaint.

• Li
    Life Member74 Sep 01, 2018

What happened to NAFC? Please let the public know? Is there legal action to be taken?

• Je
    Jeff Dosser Sep 06, 2018

I have a lifetime membership and have not received any magazines in years.
    They do not answer their phone number listed on their web site.
    Member # 90387441 Joined March of 2008
    How about a refund or magazines?
    Elvin Dosser
    [email protected]

• Dr
    drfry Oct 21, 2018

I have not received my magazine in months. I am a life member.

• Pj
    pjvrq Nov 05, 2018

Past 3 years
    membership # 904470516 life membership
    has tired numerous times to call and never can get an answer.
    Has not received anything for his $285 membership
    join this club in 2010.
    Attorney Generals Office has been contacted and they have tried calling and they can get no answer either.

• Go
    gonefishin' Apr 15, 2019

I am not receiving my life membership benefits. Not even receiving magazine. No communication of what's happened. Where's my money. I want a refund of full amount.

• Ki
    KingNitro Aug 17, 2019

I've been a member for years and I would get things once in awhile and then nothing you should get everyone a refund and half the time the website would not even work or I couldn't get a hold of you about the problem and if I could get a hold of the problem would never get resolved. Member number 90517672.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices