Nokia E50faulty handset e50!

M

Ref: handset model - e50 (Purchased on 16th jan'07 from a local gurgaon (India) dealer " hot spot". Other details are-code: 0544637, imei: 351895/01/69764/4, fcc id: pdnrm-170, ic: 661r-rm170.

I had purchased the nokia handset e50 on 16th feb'07, after lot of comparison analysis. The problem with my handset is that it automatically goes to loudspeaker mode, when the call receiving button is pressed and gets hanged. This happens on approx. One call in every 10 calls received. I have visited the nokia care center and they reloaded the software, but still the problem persists. Now they are asking me to leave the hand-set for repair, and I cannot do the same, as my major part of job is on phone. They are not ready to give a stand-by also.

• Sr
    Sriram B May 10, 2007

I face the exact problem too!!

I bought an E50 a couple weeks ago and encountered a peculiar problem - while sometimes answering an incoming call, the speakerphone gets activated automatically and then all functions and keys freeze up! Then the only way to restore the phone is to taking the battery out and replacing it. Nokia replaced the faulty phone with a brand new one but the problem still persists!

• Mo
    mohan apte May 17, 2007

My Nokia e50 hangs on call receive

Just bought a new nokia e50 smart phone, with the firmware version V 06.41.3.0 24-10-2006, RM-170. The problem is – every few days the phone hangs on call receive. When I receive a call using the green button, the call immediately goes to the loudspeaker, and all buttons freeze. I have to remove the battery to get the phone operational again.

Any clues on how to resolve this irritating problem?

• Am
    Amomymus May 17, 2007

Upgrade to latest firmware released last week and it'll solve all your issues.

• Ya
    YaBS May 22, 2007

My e50'd loudspeaker doesn't work AT ALL. When i checked the settings, nothing was mis configured. A week after that, i couldn't receive calls, make outgoing calls came next. Phone book wouldn't work. If i dialed manually it would call but if i call from the phone book, it wouldn't call. Now my incoming text messages won't come in. Switched sim cards and got "continue using phone in offline mode?"

I select "no" and it still has the same problem. Reset the e50 to original settings and i got the error "unable to deactivate offline mode". I set the mode manually to general and the problem is still there.

Bad idea buying an e50. Too much of a headache.

• E5
    E50 victim Sep 07, 2007

Problem does NOT go away with the latest software update. Really annoying.

• Vi
    vikas gilder Sep 30, 2007

i am facing the same problem as the mobile gets hang on call receiving. any solution please advise.

chetan Sep 30, 2007

###in phone - same problem too . speaker directly and hangs then 3 out of 10 calls. very embarassing in office . ### claim it has been fixed the 4 times that I have sent it back .

• Su
    Sudarshan Oct 05, 2007

i hve bought e50 i am also facing same problem of phone get hang while i receive call and that perticular call received in speaker mode. this is not the only thing phone is very slow, i can't send file from my memory card via bluetooth to other phone.
    can any one know how to send the file from memory card via bluetooth to other phone. please help me if possible on email id [email protected]

• In
    Inderdeep Singh Nov 14, 2007

Application Manager:

When installing games/themes on the phone, the manger is unable to delete themes that are stored on the memory card; it also does not list all the applications that are stored on the phone, which means you cannot delete other items already installed to free memory.

• Pr
    PradeepKumar Nov 28, 2007

Dear All ,
    I am also facing the same problem while picking the call.It goes to speaker phone and hangs and doesnt resume back until I remove the battery.The firmware been updated by the Nokia Care centre and its repeated even after the update.The current firmware is v 07.13.0.0 RM170.
    Even after addressing this known issue to Nokia, they are cheating the customers by selling the same model with out solving the issue.

Can anybody help me with solution.

Pradeep

• St
    Steven Debipersad Jan 18, 2008

Hello all, I so agree. Anyone know yet how to solve the "memory full" problem?

• Mo
    Mohan Kumar Jan 22, 2008

I face the same problem. The screen just freezes with an incoming call.

Now the whole phone is frozen. Just cant do anything. Took it to the service center... he returned it after a few days saying, it cant be repaired. Later when it went back to claim a replacement he says it phone has been physically damaged pointing to the rubber power on button on top.

Very bad idea to buy this phone... but even worse is the service centers attitude (Guys be warned of going to the Nokia Care - Univercell Service centre in Chennai).

• Da
    daniel Oct 14, 2008

i't cool

• Am
    Amith Oct 23, 2008

I just bought the cell a month back, looking at the reviews posted, its been some time since the problem persists (Phone freezing on receiving call often).. but nothing has been done yet and am too have started to face the same problem its as absolute cheating .. no move to rectify the problem or not stoppage of such faulty instrments into market has been done..

How can we stop this.. and make the company pay for this..any solution?

• Mr
    Mr Gerald Nov 13, 2008

My nokia e50 hangs then switches off on its own and will not start.It only starts on few occassions after the battery is removed and put back. In some cases it does not start up at all even after the battery is removed and put back .I have flashed it on several occassions and the problem is still there.

Sadat Ahmed Mar 02, 2009

I have also same problem, when i recieve call, speaker is automatically turn on and phone is hanging on untill the call z not ending. It makes me mentally disturb while i recieve call among peoples. What is solution Please if anyone have. [email protected]

MadK9 Apr 09, 2009

Wow! Now I feel sorry I've bought this phone... after I've seen all this comments!
    In fact I have a problem or two with it also. It has the latest firmware on it and still works
    very slow. And with a memory card insert it in, it won't start! I have to take the
    memory card out in order to make it start.
    Has anyone any ideea what can be done?
    Tank you! [email protected]