Nine Westcompany logo

Nine West

Nine West

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 57 complaints
17 resolved 40 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Nine West reviews & complaints 81 - 57

Nine West complaints 57

Nine West - Nine West took my money

I found a gift card for $40 to Nine West. I went to a Nine West store in Toronto and asked them how much was in it. They told me I would have to call the Nine West number found on their website.

I call the the customer rep tells me I have to send it to the headquarters in New York because it was an old gift card and it needs to be reissued. So I paid like $2 and sent it via Canada Post. They told me it would take about 4-6 weeks.

Two months later, no reply. I call them and they say to wait a few more weeks. I did and no gift card. I call them again, and this time, they’re saying that I didn’t have to send it in the first place.

They said they’ll send it back to me. That was over a month and a half ago and I still haven’t gotten my gift card for $40. Nine West customer service sucks.

S

Where did you find a $40 gift card?

Nine West - Defect Products

I have been an avid nine west shoe purchaser. One of the pairs of shoes had a clear defect in that the heel cracked in two. I returned the pair to the store and although the sales lady clearly agreed...

Nine West - Horrible service

I bought a pair of ankle boots from the nine west outlet in Ambience mall.The sole of the shoe cracked the third time i wore it.And when i went and complained to the store manager i was told that they would repair it.I was surprised by the soloution.Who wears a repaired shoe???? I thought i bought a quality brand & not a road side brand.I asked them to replace the shoe .To which i get an answer that the similar shoe is not available and hence they offered me a product half the cost of what i paid!!
Really disgusted with the service man.Either you replace with the similar show & if not available(Understandable) then pls let the customer pick any shoe worth the same amount.I have visited the outlset 7-8 times and have got stupid responses from the store manager hence forced to write the compliant on a public site.Hope some one from the organisation takes some action.It is not about the money but the experience at nine west!!! Disgusting is the word!!

the location the outlet is-Ambience mall, Gurgaon, India

Nine West - Robbed

On the 13th of July 2011, I was at Nine West Brooklyn Mall Preroria for shopping. The staff on duty that day was Chantel (Manager), Maureen( Assistant Manager), and Xolile (Sales Assistant). Clients who were in the shop was myself and one lady. I requeste a shoe size 39 from Maureen who went to the back and got me one. My handbag was hanging in my shoulder before I fit the shoe but upon fitting i put it next to me in the fitting chair. I liked the shoe and as it was fitting nice I then crabbed my bag for payment that's when I realise that my handbag was missing within a blink of an eye. I was shocked by the incident because all the people that I mentioned above were still with me and suddenly the handbag disappeared. My bag had my car keys, cellphone, Id, camera, cosmetics, bank cards and R500. Unfortunately I did not have a spare car key at home so my car had to park in the mall for the night. I am still shocked as to what or who took my handbag at Nine West Brooklyn Mall. All the above valuables were not insured and it is indeed a set back. While this might not look like Nine West problem, was wondering if Nine West Management can look at this matter and assist where they can. I opened the case at Brookly Police Station case number 408/07/2011. Contact details +[protected]. My name Ken

No they can not assist, and I assume when you say assist you mean give you money. Your handbag your problem. The handbag was obviously out of your sight and control or it would not have been stolen. Be more careful with your things.

Nine West - Racism

the nine west at sawgrass mill mall is one of the worst store to shop..It has one of the most racist and lazy manager i have ever seen..i went to ask a question and i got to talk to the manger and she was very rude cutting me off numerous of time..but as soon as she was done talking she and her certain of her employees were in a little circle talking doing nothing at all to help customers...i have been to that nine west many a time though most of the sale associates offer great customer service..the head manager should definitely be changed if she nine west does not want to keep losing there customers...

Out of curiosity, what did she express verbally that made you conclude she was a racist?

Nine West - Shoe Quality is horrible

I used to buy Nine West (back when they were made in Brazil)... and they were worth the price - lasted for a long time and were comfortable. I stopped buying them for a while because they are a...

Nine West - Unprofessional employee's

First I would like to start off by saying that i ove your product i buy my hand bags and shoes from there 2-3 times a month. i went to the locations on Third Ave. as soon as i stepped into the store...

Nine West - Poor service

Went to Nine west Shoes store in Austin Street, Queens, NY on 10/31/09 and purchased a pair of shoes.I usually like to purchase 2 or more pairs. But the associate at the store was very arrogant to the point that he left the signed receipt on the counter and went downstairs and ignored the recipt..When I said "thank you ", he did not replied.When I asked for another pair of shoes because the first ones were damaged he said that's the last pair we have. He was very repugnant and showed no professionalism nor did he represent your store to the fullest.I did leave with a pair of shoes and they could have been free as well, if I would have kept the signed sale receipt.He could not have cared! I'm appalled at his service and this is one of the stores I shop to because it's in my neighborhood.Should I go to another county and shop there? Maybe so and give the business to someone else or boycott your store.
Aurea Jimenez
A very upset cistomer

Nine West - Inside of shoes came apart

I have always worn nine west shoes and love the comfort. I did buy a pair of heels, paid $62.00 for them and had them for about a year, wore them to church and when I took them off, the inside of...

Nine West - Lack of quality!!!

The only good thing about Nine West shoes is the nice design, from there is down hill! Overpriced and treble quality. Wal-Mart sell better shoes! Your shoes last about 3 months before they start to...

Nine West - Sun glasses

I have bought several of my sunglasses through Nine West and on every pair that I have bought one of the srew always falls and I am forced to buy another pair. In the course of 4 years I have bought atlest 6 pairs. This is becoming rediculous. I am starting to think that they doing this on purpose for people to keep coming back. I am done buying sunglasses if this is how they are going to keep making them, if I could just get a screw from someone I would be happy but when I go to the stores they just say sorry could I show you some of our new styles. No, I like the one that I have I just want a screw. Then you go to all their websites and there is no actual customer service to contact, only to purchase. At this point I am very unhappy and may be starting to shop somewhere else. I find it very sad because I buy purses, shoes, clothing and all of my sunglasses, for as much money as I have spent within the years you would think someone could give me a 2 cent screw. Very poor customer service.

First of all every nine west store I have been into has excellent customer service not poor customer service! Nine West are known for their shoes not sunglasses! So the staff at Nine West is doing their job when they ask you if you want to see other styles! They cant give you some random screw in their you [censor]!!! You have to take your sunglasses to a eyeglass place to get fixed. People like you need to stay home and not shop necause you are a complete [censor]!!!

Nine West - Poor quality of shoe

I purchased a pair od Nine WEst pumps on April 25, 2009 at a Macys in Columbia, MD. I wore the shoes to church on the 26, of April. As I was coming
out of church, I tripped and scraped my shoes. When I looked at my shoes, boy was I surprised to find out that my shoes were made of cardboard o the bottom and the top which is suppose to be patent leather. The original price od the shoes without tax was 79.00 I had a coupon for 20% off, so I paid 67.00 and some change. The price of these shoes is ridiculous. I truly thought I was bying leather. Now I have to get my shoes fixed after wearing them one day. I dont think this is fair to me. I don't mind paying to get leather fixed, but paying for cardboard is another story. I would like a refund of my 67.00, so I can pay to have my cardboard shoes fixed. How can NIne West justify selling cardboard for these outrageous prices?

I purchased a pair of Nine West sandals last fall NW7REMMIE3 size 7 1/2. I have tried unsuccessfully to get the straps into the leather portion of the buckle holders and it appears they are just not large enough to have the strap go through them and hold them down. They are brand new, never worn but I can not get them to work at all. I have been trying for an hour to make them fit...they just don' go into the leather holders.. What do you suggest? I love the shoes and want to wear them, but I can't. I tried calling the phone number for complaints... not available! Marge

I also purchase Nine West shoes frequently...however, I've been noticing a big change in quality. The past two I've purchased, one from Kohl's and one from Shoe Department. They both squeaked badly right out of the box. Then the one pair, the strap totally broke and the glue wasn't holding together the side of the shoes- after only wearing 4 times..and the usage was light! Needless to say, I'm disappointed and will indeed be leery of purchasing any more Nine West shoes in the near future. Not to mention, I frequently purchase Nine West purses. My latest was ripped w/in a week's use.

M
Jan 26, 2009

Nine West - Poor quality, even poorer effort to correct it

At the end of December, I bought some ankle boots. I thought they were the most wonderful shoes I had ever seen, and wanted to treat myself, as it was my birthday the next day.

That was 3 weeks ago. Today I went to the store from which I bought them (Pacific Centre, Vancouver), because the heel had completely worn down and there was a scuff on the front of the shoe. As I had only worn the shoes about 8-10 times in the last 3 weeks, I was shocked the heel had worn down so quickly, and asked the manager of the store if there was anything that could be done.

She told me she wouldn't do anything and that I had to go and get the heel replaced, putting the damage to wear and tear. As a lover of high heel shoes, I understand wear and tear, and how heels inevitably get damaged with heavy use. As I explained to the member of staff, I did not expect this to happen after only 8-10 wears. Especially not for shoes that cost $155.

Why should I pay to get shoes re-heeled every 3 weeks?

I am not sure if this is company policy, or whether this staff member was just being difficult, but I wanted to air my extreme disappointment in both the Nine West product and the lack of assistance I received trying to fix it.

What's more, I found the staff member short and unapologetic. Nine West was always my favourite shoe shop, but this experience has convinced me never to shop there again. I will also be passing on my dissatisfaction to my friends, family and colleagues in an effort to protect them from similar disappointment in the future.

Nine West - Nine West horror story

My wife purchased a pair of shoes at the Warwick Mall Nine West store, at the store she tried one of the shoes it was fine, when we got home she tried them both and the other shoe that she didn't try...

Nine West - Horrible management and poor customer service

The Nine west location in the Vacaville Oulets has the worst management and the poorest customer service! I do not recommend any one to shop there at all! I tried returing a pair of shoes purchased...

Y
Aug 25, 2008

Nine West - Poor Customer Service

I ordered a pair of orange peep toe sandals on 7/30/08 to wear to an event the following week. I ordered a pair for myself and one for my mother. Her pair arrived in a few days and there was still no sign of mine. I waited a few more days and mine still had not shipped. With no word from Nine West, I decided to call them. Upon calling, I learned that the item was delayed because it was not in stock at the warehouse and was to be shipped from California. When the item arrived, there were two different sizes in the box! One was my size, a 7 1/2 and the other was a size 9! I called the company and was informed to return the shoe. They stated that they would send a replacement. I waited for two weeks with no word from the company. I finally called today, 8/25/08 and I was informed that the shoe was discontinued and no longer in stock. I received no e-mail, no phone call - nothing! It has been almost a month since I placed the order and I am completely dissatisfied with the level of service provided by this company. No one informed me of anything, the information I got was because I called them! There was no correspondence from their end to keep me abreast of what was going on with my order. I fell in love with this shoe and I don't typically wear Nine West shoes. This is the first and ABSOLUTE LAST TIME I ORDER FROM NINEWEST.COM. I will stick to my more high end shoes!

Nine West - Never again

I bought a pair of size 9 high heel sandals that turned out to be too big when I wore them the first time. I took it back within 30 days and exchanged it for a size 8 but with wide feet the leather seams robbed and bruised my feet when I work in them. I took the shoe back and the co-manager offers to stretch it out, but I was concerned that would recreate the problem I had with the size 9 pair of sandal. Anyway, she said she would talk to her manager about it and get back to me. I didn't get a call but stopped by a couple of days later. It was obviously the co-manager was doing everything she could to prevent the return of my purchase. Knowing it was past the 30 days return policy and that I did wear the shoe ones, I would have been happy with a store credit.

She did offer me a store credit but not for what I paid even though I had my receipt and threaten to "watch" my sale. Apparently, I didn’t have a problem, it seemed Nine West was the one with a problem, me, the unhappy customer.

I was now not only shock but angry. I did let her know that I felt I was been treated like a culprit instead of a dissatisfied customer. At that point I was so angry that I didn’t care about the shoe or the money. Neither she nor her manager had the right to treat me that way. I even remember leaving the store twice with the box of shoe, and not being offered a bag to carry it in. This is unacceptable.

I got a call from the co-manager’s manager the next day, but the damage was done. In fact, according to the co-manager, that was her manager’s bright idea of customer service.

I ended up giving the shoe to a friend whose feet are narrower than mine but I will never shop at Nine West again.

I have a pair of Nine West flat boots with side zip and lace up the back, they have had very little wear as can be confirmed by the photo of the sole, but the sole of one of the boots has started to come away on quite a severe scale. I am very disappointed with this as they cost a lot of money.. what are my options now?

I purchased a watch around the first week of September and it stopped working just now, the face of the clock won't move and i wanted to know if i could either get my money back or a replacement.

Thank you.

I
Nov 13, 2018

I placed an order for a pair of black, heeled boots from Nine West. What I received instead was a pair of booties in the correct box to what I ordered from Nine West's website. I was scammed. The company wanted me to return the product before issuing a refund. I guess they expect me to pay for things I didn't buy. Completely unacceptable!!!

H
Oct 12, 2008

I arrived at your store located a the San Antonio Forum, about 8:48 went in door that joins nine west to New York New York store the door was locked, the New york store was open and surprised to hear that Nine west had closed down early, I beckoned her to the door and she acted like the was on auto lock, is this your store's closing time, I knew exactly what I wanted, I did not need to browse.

S
Aug 12, 2008

I just had an order of mine cancelled yesterday with ZERO notification (no emails, no calls, no updated status online).

Oh, and no apology for being unable to fulfill my order.

DO NOT BUY FROM NINE WEST!

1 2 3