Nikesqueaky shoes

T Review updated:

I bought a pair of nike shoes at the store in michigan ind. after about the third time I wore them they started to squeak with every step. What can I do about this . I want a free pair or my money back .

• Fe
    fedexer Nov 17, 2009

I am having the same problem. Just bought a pair of Nike Air Monarchs and on the 3rd day, they started squeaking! Only the left foot, but it is driving me insane, because I walk all day! I am verrrrry disappointed and mad.

• Ka
    kachina30 Jan 13, 2010

I have the same problem, only the left shoe squeaks and it also drives me nuts!! Have you contacted Nike for an explanation?

• Te
    Teseract Oct 22, 2010

Same here... Nike Monarchs, only the left shoe squeaks when walking or even shifting my weight. This is the first time I ever splurged on a "Name Brand" shoe, and I expected better quality than a $25 pair of shoes from Payless Shoe Source. It's sooooo annoyyyinnggg!

Never again, Nike. NEVER!

• Bo
    Bobcat Jones Apr 14, 2018

@Teseract All of mine the toe end starts coming apart their glue isn't any good wonder why they don't sew that part. In about 8 months both shoes do it then they leak water then wet feet that sucks. I have to buy Shoe Glue at Walmart it works great the best glue around.

• Ho
    hotschatz Apr 04, 2011

This is the SECOND pair of these Monarchs that I bought, and they BOTH have squeaked within DAYS of purchase!!! I thought that for sure, the 2nd pair I bought (about a year after the first pair) would not squeak. Alas...I was wrong!

This time, I really think NIKE should replace this pair. It is obviously a flaw in this shoe.

I won't buy another pair of Monarchs AGAIN!

• Ph
    phil white Jul 18, 2019

@hotschatz Had the same problem called Nike was told its claim would be denied

Will not buy Nike again

• Jk
    JKOZA Sep 09, 2011

I contacted the fine folks at Nike and they suggested a bit of talc under the insole . That seemed to work for mine.

Joe noack Jun 19, 2017

@JKOZA How do you take the insole out?

• Sn
    Snoopy2all Mar 15, 2013

Willing to try anything, the squeak is driving me mad not to mention it is not a good thing when using a public restroom on my college campus and the person in the stall next to me knows who I am just by the squeak, squeak, squeak! Ugh! Maddening!

• St
    Stinky Leroy Davis Apr 01, 2013

The Nike Pegasus, is a terrible example of delayed technology.under the insole you will find a gray plug ' take it out' guess what? no more squeak-= I would imagine this wireless plug would fit in the sole to track your physical day...Nike if you are listening I'l take 10% benefit after this post :) ha-ha--ha salespeople

• Ms
    Mstrish234 Apr 01, 2013

Same problem I have Nike shox very irritating thanks I will try the talc hopefully that works I won't buy Nike again

• Mc
    MCorliss609 Jun 08, 2013

I have purchased 3 pair of Nike Monarchs over the last year and a half and all have done the same thing. They squeak so loud and annoyingly that my co-workers joke with me that I could never sneak up on anyone. I am a big guy and I just thought that I was overly breaking them in and I would keep buying them because they are very comfortable for me. But I had no idea there was anyone else, and soooo many at that, with the same problem as me. At least I know now that it isn't just because I am a big guy.

• Da
    Dave from Davidsville Aug 11, 2019

@MCorliss609 8th pair great fitting shoe and they all squeak. Complained to Nike and unless you buy direct from Nike they will not give a warranty. Nike charges much more direct. I get all the jokes at work when they hear me coming 20 seconds before I arrive. Very irritating! Need to find another brand if it can't be fixed.

• Mc
    MCorliss609 Jun 20, 2013

I tried the baby powder and it didn't do anything at all to stop the squeak. I guess it is time to try another shoe brand.

• Do
    Dougie61 Sep 05, 2013

I have a pair of Nike Monarchs that are only one week old and they squeaked from day one I read some of the posts here and I don't think that as a customer I should have to make any kind of repairs, these are new shoes! What a shame that a company like Nike would continue to put out a product like this. What ever happened to their quality control?Last time I buy Nikes

• Bu
    bubbagumpu Sep 15, 2013

After years of wearing Nike I have switched over to New Balance. Nike had been causing all kinds of problems on my diabetic feet, but just as soon as I jumped over to the New Balance shoes, it stopped. They don't make a sound and they feel a 1000 times better on my feet than the last dozen pairs of Nike's ever did.

I don't know what you did to yourself Mr. Nike, but you have screwed the pooch. I'm done with you and your over-priced junk.

• Sk
    skimar Mar 20, 2014

This is (and is going to be my last) pair of Nike's. The squeak is so loud that I scare the wildlife away when I take a walk the nature trail. Nike should recall all of these pieces of junk shoes and give us our money back. I will try the powder under the insoles as a test. I'll never buy another pair of Nilke again!

• Ni
    nikes suck Aug 29, 2014

after wearing my NIKES 3Xs they started squeaking and its awful ! ! they should recall and refund all squeaking shoes ASAP

• St
    stevesv Feb 05, 2015

I also had the squeak problem. Hoped it would go away after a while, but nnoooo. Tried the talc powder. It worked for a few days, but then went back to squeaking, only louder. New Balance may be my next stop.

• To
    Tom Z99 Jun 09, 2015

Yes, the Nike Air Monarch IV squeak. I found this out with my 1st pair. So, I threw them in the closet and bought a different brand. When I did finally contact Nike, they said they were out of warranty, but did not confirm or deny the squeak problem. So I went on to You Tube and did a search for Nike Monarch Squeak. I got a bunch of hits, with a few different solutions. I tried the powder solution, it did not work. I did not try the WD-40 solution. Then I tried the cutting of the second layer insole, along the seam. This exposes the air cushions. Then, you just put it back and replace the top insole and now No Squeak! I just bought a second pair of Monarchs and on day 2 the squeaking started. I am getting out my razor knife. I buy these sneakers because of the comfort & stability for tennis. They are better than most.

• Ti
    tickman Jan 07, 2016

I in the last month I have purchased 6 pairs of Nike air max 90 utility's and with in 2 or 3 day they have started to squeak I have sent numerous emails to Nike they don't care at all, I purchased these from up London and it has cost me a lot in fairs to get my refunds. This is not executable at all, even shop workers are also saying that Nike's quality have gone down hill. Yet they still charge the earth for there products. DISGUSTING.

• La
    Landys Feb 18, 2016

How can we allow that Nike gets away with this outrages behavior. Shame on Nike and shame on us. They are aware of the problem and are placing these squeaky shoes in the market. Is there a lawyer out there that can shed light !

• Mi
    Mike Cop. May 23, 2016

I've had two pair of Nike Monarchs and they both squeak very loudly. They are comfortable shoes but not worth it due to the squeaking.

• Th
    theriggs1 Aug 26, 2016

Just bought a pair of $225 air max flyknit and i had the same problem of squeaking in the left shoe. I had ordered them online from finishline so i took them back to the store and they shipped me another pair only to have the exact same problem again!! This is crazy a billion dollar company would make faulty products and on one of the most expensive models. Go to payless you can get $25 champions that are just as good real talk.

• Wh
    whiteboii Jan 20, 2017

i got a pair of Nike Lebron 12 lows and after about the 5th time wearing them they started squeaking in the airbag of the left shoe. I believe Nike should replace them.

• To
    Tom Ack Jun 19, 2017

My Nike Reax suck, Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak. Done with Nike. Will tell all my friends!!!

• Mt
    mtchmtch Jul 16, 2017

I too bought a pair of REAX and two weeks later the left started then 1 week later the right started SQUEAK SQEAK SQUEAK!!! 1st pair of nike I've bought in 30 years and the last. I'm going to try dry lube spray and see. You spend $85 for a pair of shoes they should at least be quiet!!!

Mario E Urrusuno Aug 23, 2017

Read the label, Nike sneakers are made in Vietnam.If you where there you would see them everywhere for sale for 3.00 yes 3.00 US.
    Thats alot in Vietnam.So i figure they cost about 1.00 US to make.Nice profit isnt it?Wonder why there are no jobs in USA?

• Os
    Oscar Wolff Mellado Oct 24, 2017

I had the same issue with a pair of Air Jordan 5 white cement. I got a new pair shipped back to me and this time wasn't squeaky, but after wearing them twice the squeak started again. I was so pissed that I just wanted to thrown them away. What I did is that I removed the insole, sprayed some wd40 with some powder and the squeak is gone.

• Be
    Becky Dowen Sep 10, 2019

My nike's are squeaking too. I have always worn nike's and this is so awful...What do you suggest that I do?