Nike Soccer Cleatspoor quality

L

We purchased a pair of Nike Soccer cleats from Dick Sporting goods for my son (16yo) who plays 11 months out of the year. These cost us about $64 so not the most expensive Mercurial version but in fact the middle of the line. After 7 games and maybe a dozen practices they fell apart. We typically buy 2 pairs for the season and we expect to replace one pair the following year. This as you can see is unacceptable quality. Both cleats failed within the first 4 games and my son began to tape them up before I asked what he was doing. You see, we can't afford to buy cleats at 100+ dollars as we save to purchase 2 sets in order to have a dry pair at all times. We have never experienced this type of poor quality until now. In these economic times we can't afford products that do not last. Nike was a benchmark for quality and I'm sure these china made products are failing a lot. Shame on Nike for not performing or applying their quality requirements!! I want these removed from the market. People can't afford these type of issues especially at this price point!! I purchased $30 cleats and they have lasted 2 years without these type of issues!! Get your act together nike ...

• In
    InsulinMachine Jun 21, 2014

Unfortunately this is the case with most soccer/football shoes these days - Both Nike and Adidas.
    Especially over the last few years shoes have become very colourful and with some great designs.
    But they are certainly not built to last anymore.
    My shoes generally don't last longer than 4-6 months which is totally unacceptable!
    My advice: Keep the receipt/bill and ask for a refund.

Regards,