Menu

NewspaperArchive.com  -  Auto renewal/billing

S
Author of the complaint
8:40 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for this service as I was willing to pay $29.95 for a trial membership to print the one article and photo I needed.

1). It wouldn't print properly. I tried absolutely everything I could think of to print it but couldn't. I taped four sheets of paper together in order to have the whole article and photo. Ironically, customer service is open from 9am-4.30pm CST, so if you are using this at night, as many people do, you cannot get help.

2). I cancelled immediately after using for the only time. My credit card was charged 8 days ago for a renewal of $41.97. I never received any advance 'warning' or reminder that my card was to be charged, it just went through. When I reviewed my statement, I noticed the charge last night. I sent an email and was told I never cancelled and the charge to my card still stands-they would not issue a refund. I called today, and they said the same thing: "When you signed up, you agreed to the terms and conditions of our company, so you do owe us this money." Interestingly, they could see I signed in only once, because I asked that be checked, but they couldn't find my email cancellation.

3). If you are not VERY diligent, you will be charged $29.95 once and then $41.97 3 times a year for this service, totalling $155.86. It is basically nothing but a SCAM. The service is not worth it, and customer service is nothing more than a clearing house.

BEWARE--THESE PEOPLE are unscrupulous!