The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved NewEgg — worthless company
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I've been buying electronics and computers for 35 years and think I know when I'm getting a good deal, especially since I build servers. When looking for some parts for a server I'm building, I found that NewEgg had good prices, so put all the items into the cart and backed that up with spreadsheet entries.
Finally when I was getting ready to check out. I needed to confirm, for warranty and possible exchange purpose the compatibility of the memory I was ordering, with the motherboard being ordered.
I could not find a number to call, but a chat agent was available so I opened the chat session and asked my question. I was shocked at the answer I got and realized from it that the supposed warranty from NewEgg was and would be worthless, as they told me they only resell the parts and can not confirm any compatibility issues.
Obviously compatibility and warranty are linked as if the memory proves to not be compatible, you have an exchange issue. Plus an inability to confirm compatibility leaves the integrity of the company suspect as you will not have any technical support to either prove the incompatibility or failure of a component.
Realizing that I cancelled my order for the parts (over $1, 200 on the order) and went shopping elsewhere, as I do not need a parts exchange disaster.
I don't suggest you buy from them as they obviously do not back what they sell.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More NewEgg Complaints & Reviews
- Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help
- NewEgg - online scam
- Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!)
- Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com!
- Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service
- Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- NewEgg - delivery, a horror story