NewEggworthless company

I've been buying electronics and computers for 35 years and think I know when I'm getting a good deal, especially since I build servers. When looking for some parts for a server I'm building, I found that NewEgg had good prices, so put all the items into the cart and backed that up with spreadsheet entries.

Finally when I was getting ready to check out. I needed to confirm, for warranty and possible exchange purpose the compatibility of the memory I was ordering, with the motherboard being ordered.

I could not find a number to call, but a chat agent was available so I opened the chat session and asked my question. I was shocked at the answer I got and realized from it that the supposed warranty from NewEgg was and would be worthless, as they told me they only resell the parts and can not confirm any compatibility issues.

Obviously compatibility and warranty are linked as if the memory proves to not be compatible, you have an exchange issue. Plus an inability to confirm compatibility leaves the integrity of the company suspect as you will not have any technical support to either prove the incompatibility or failure of a component.

Realizing that I cancelled my order for the parts (over $1, 200 on the order) and went shopping elsewhere, as I do not need a parts exchange disaster.

I don't suggest you buy from them as they obviously do not back what they sell.

OMR

RESOLVED

• Newegg International's response · May 01, 2009

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.[protected]@newegg.com or via phone at [protected] ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Newegg Support

• Newegg International's response · Jun 03, 2009

Dear Mr. Terry,

Hello, my name is Alex Villarino and I am a CS Rep at Newegg. Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. We certainly would like to make this right as this should of been taken care of on your first contact with us. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.[protected]@newegg.com or via phone at [protected] ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

• Newegg International's response · Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at alex.a.[protected]@newegg.com or via phone at [protected] ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

• Newegg International's response · Aug 24, 2009

Dear Mr. David Willis,

Sorry you feel that way Sir. Customer Service is our #1 priority here at Newegg. Ofcourse, like most companies, we are not perfect and do not say we are. Nevertheless, whenever there is an issue or concern we try our very best to make sure we contact our customer and review the issue at hand and try to fix it whatever way possible. If you personally had a bad experience with us, please contact me and I promise to hear you out and see what I can do to help you Sir.

• Newegg International's response · Mar 04, 2010

Dear Flemmino,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused by your experience with us. While it's true that our website advises a 1-2 business day processing time, anyone who pays for an expedited service should get what they paid for. I would truly like to look at your situation so we can further assist you.

Please call me at [protected] ext 25092 or Joshua.L.[protected]@newegg.com.

• Newegg International's response · Sep 28, 2010

Dear newegg_sux,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We try to provide a fair and balanced review page and as such we offer both positive and negative reviews provided they are relevant to the item, and meet the review posting criteria.

Unfortunately I can only speculate as to the reason your review was denied as I do not have the item or review you submitted. I encourage you to contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at [protected] ext 25062. I would be more than able to have your submission evaluated.

• Newegg International's response · Oct 04, 2010

Dear Maverick66,

I apologize your review wasnt listed. I would be more than available to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at [protected] ext 25062.

• Newegg International's response · Nov 23, 2010

Dear Potato,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please understand that we would never intentionally send you or any customer a used item in the place of what was originally purchased. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and as such we will make every effort to correct any errors on our end. I encourage you to please contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at [protected] ext 25062 at your earliest convenience. I would be more than happy to personally review your order details and make this right.

• Newegg International's response · Mar 16, 2011

Dear StanS,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’ve experienced with your item’s return. It is never Newegg’s intention to do anything that would cause you any dissatisfaction with our services. Unfortunately, our RMA department will return all items received physically damaged as it voids our return policy and isn’t covered under the items’ warranty.

If you feel there is any information that should be brought to our attention in reference to this item’s return I welcome you to please contact me at: Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at [protected] ext 25062.

macgavin Jan 13, 2009

Very simple order submitted via there website. They duplicated the items, where my web page confirmation was correct, but email confirmation showed duplicates. Called customer service to have them delete duplicates, and got the runaround saying items come from a 3rd party, and I had to go thru RMA process, even though nothing had shipped. What a load of B.S.

I have order in the past from Newegg no problems. As long as there are no 'problems' and you need customer service, newegg is ok, otherwise customer service is not where it needs to be.

• Te
    Terry Jun 03, 2009

Ordered over $1000 from Newegg to build a new system. The checkout process didn't give my a $40 credit for a combo purchase. Repeated emails and promises from Newegg to correct the problem go' unanswered. I can't believe they would lose a good customer over $40 that they and I both know is a no brainer claim. I will definately take my business elsewhere from now on.

• Te
    Terry Jun 03, 2009

I stand corrected. Newegg has contacted me and make things right. I will probably give them the benefit of any doubt and remain a loyal customer.
    Alls well that ends well as the saying goes.

• bazerker Jun 23, 2009

I'm in the same boat with an Acer laptop that crashed three days after receiving it. The on-board back up would not work and would not let me burn a recovery DVD. I know this is not Neweggs fault. But when I requested an RMA through IM at costumer service Maria assured I would get a replacement in a week, Not the original laptop that had been "Repaired" by who know what company.. Needles to say, Two weeks have gone by and I get a letter from the RMA advising my old laptop has been tested and repaired as good as new despite me telling them about the backup problem that I'm sure was not addressed. I then contacted the original customers service rep that first helped me (Linda Zhang) and went from helpful to totally unhelpful in two e-mails.. I will contact Alex Villarino first, And then Consumers Affairs next. I have read blogs that repeat the same problems of premise's that turn to lies.. I have kept every e-mail and IM session for the record.. I see a class action law suit around the corner for Newegg if they don't get a rope around the rouge customer service dpt... Randall Wright.

• Da
    DavidWillis Aug 23, 2009

Newegg's company slogan is "we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you". B.S.! They are sorry? All the way to the bank with your money they are "sorry". Apologies do not fix shi#. Keep your B.S. apologies and find CS reps with at least a kindergarten diploma. Worst online company ever. Boycott!!!

• Fl
    Flemmino Mar 03, 2010

I ordered a camera online through newegg which said that the camera would be shipped within 2 business days. After 2 days, they were still verifying my credit card details. I put in a next day delivery (extra $25) and 3 days passed by, they still had my order under "processing". To top it all, their agent told me that there is a "possibility that the package would be sent out today". She couldn't promise me as to when they would ship the package and was extremely rude!

I canceled my order and bought the camera for the same price at best buy. Newegg SUCKS BIG TIME!!!

• Ne
    newegg_sux Sep 23, 2010

newegg is no longer my favorite place to shop.
    i made a comment and successful submit the post but newegg never posted the comment.
    which tells me that they are not honest about their reviews/comments section.
    The will edit post or not post at all.
    Don't buy items base on the 5 stars ratings.

be ware

Maverick66 Sep 30, 2010

I posted a review that called them out for outrageous shipping cost on a rack ($119 item with #119 shipping, same rack $128 with 28.21 shipping through dell). Now the rack is out of stock and my review is not listed. Newegg is not honest with the reviews. I will be pay the 1 or 2 percent more to get my equipment some where else from now on.

• Po
    Potato Nov 21, 2010

ok I'll start off by saying like a lot of people say lol, I've been shopping at newegg for years now. My hobby is building PC's so I've built PC's for parents, aunt/uncle friends ect ect. I have to rewind this story/complaint back a bit to 12/3 2017. My mouse goes dead so I order a Logitech mouse G500, 1 item, small order what ever you want to call it, I didn't give it much of a thought because neweggs all ways been solid, couple of days later I get a package opened it up and I notice a there is a crease every where around the actual mouse box, further more there was a huge gash opening on the side witch it looked like it was cut by a knife lol. I was loling / chuckling at this point and did the unboxing ( too bad I didn't do it live on youtube lol ). The braided cord was folded like it has been used already and I opened the weight case and the weight was put back upside down lol, was all dirty ew. I literally said out loud " wow this warehouse person had a REALLYREALLY bad day and wanted to ruin mine as well" ( he/she didn't, I got a good laugh out of it ). ok ok fine my first bad experience by newegg, so I do the RMA thing call them up gentlemen answers I tell him in detailed what happened, he can careless about what happened not a single apology just wants to get rid of me as fast as he can, so he whips up a RMA/UPS tag very fast and off went the box back to newegg. Newegg gets a 2/5 egss for this RMA transaction omg they're fast!!! Fast forward couple days later I get a replacement, so I opened the package, this time the actual box looks some what clean *opening tab unboxing... everything looks somewhat new ... hmm I don't know* at this point I didn't really care if it was used or not I just wanted to use the damn thing. "Oh wait where is the weight cartrige" lol they forgot to include a cartridge this time >< hahaha another opened item. I called for refund this time and lady answers, same routine, she can careless but really really fast refund action lol newegg gets 2 eggs again. The Lady: "is there anything else we can do for you~" dumb ### me: "aaahh... I guess that's it?..." The Lady: "thanksforshoppingnewegghaveagreatday" CLICK. me goes to couch and cries

fast forward to 11/2 2017, so I want to build a PC for my self but I'm weary of newegg... "what should I do what should I do" "neweggs website is so awesome compared to others" @ 11/2 2017 they had a Asus motherboard sale and I took the promo code and saved my self money on Rampage 3 Gene. Box shows up by my door couple of days later, I cut open the package ... the mother box is a little creased the color is faded, I'm being paranoid at this point right? ... ok so I open the box and the board has a frame like cardboard box around it, the thing has tear all around where the SATA cable connects creases every where, further more I take out he cup like protect-ant for the cpu socket and there is finger prints all over the silver frame around the socket. Now I'm REALLY REEEAAALLY sad that its gone this bad with my favorite store newegg. Ok so you say "where is your proof?" I don't have it, I didn't take a pic and I'm not planning on RMAing the board either, because... I don't know I'm too lazy or I don't want to get another open box item or I got good deal or what ever, I'm tired of this, but if reps come they can check my account and I did RMA twice on that mouse lol and I did buy the motherboard. SO!!! what am I doing about all this people might ask, I will show you... I WILL SHOW YOU!!!

what I spent @ newegg
    Rampage 3 Gene $ 233.81 shipped
    and other stuff that I paid for at newegg after all this lol $432.99 ( stupid me I know, but I couldn't find it anywhere else )
    grand total of $666.80 wow thats bad omen LOL!!!

How much I spent @ Neweggs competitor/ how much I would have spent @ Newegg hadn't they screwed me over so much $1928.96 ( not going to list all the items lol )
    and still haven't decided witch ssd to go to.
    My awesome auntie that plays FPS ( old school Quake 3 player )who I would be doing a build for pretty soon, I'm thinking she would at the minimum want x2 HD6990, or wait maybe x3 6990with those evga classified board lol ok I'm having fun exaggerating, oh btw I WILL NOT BE USING NEWEGG FOR THIS BUILD EITHER :D

I apologize for wall of text who ever reads this lol.

• St
    StanS Mar 12, 2011

I purchased two Seagate 1 TB drives. One of the drives was dead on arrival. I obtained a RMA from Newegg and returned the drive. They subsequently notified me that the drive was damaged and that they would not replace it. The implication is that I damaged it. They sent the drive back to me, and the damage they identified could not have been my fault (I've handled and installed many, many disks.) Although I'm convinced the disk was damaged before shipment, Newegg will not replace it or make a refund. I'm now out the cost of the drive and the shipping for RMA. Do not buy from Newegg unless you're willing to gamble on your purchase. You may receive an item that works or not, but you will pay for it either way.

samwise342 Mar 12, 2011

Warranty...

• Ih
    Ihavenonamelol Feb 22, 2012

action speaks louder than words. I've order many times with newegg with new video game releases. You would think if the game release on a tuesday. You should get it before the weekend right? Wrong. Only once they succeeded delivering on a friday. It was a miracle to me. I can ship a small item across the US first class in 2-3 days. No saturday delivery from newegg sadly. I learn to stay far FAR away from newegg when it comes to this. Pretty soon even Zappos gonna surpass them or did they already.

Sanasante Apr 05, 2012

Rush order processing... The real short coming

My concern is for the companies lack of priority (Payment processing). The fact that an option to be charged for rushed order processing is nearly ludicrous from a customers stand point. The purchase of rushed shipping (1-2 day) becomes practically useless when a single department inside the company slows the order. Nearly all online companies run off a form of a just in time system. The jit system fails when a single component of the chain kinks the rest. The very fact that newegg offers rush order processing means that they already recognize this as the kink in the companies chain and have attempted to alleviate customers concerns by inconveniencing them further through an "extra charge" thus taking a "lets solve the symptom but not the problem approach".

This backward approach is whats truly wrong with newegg. The fact that they make money off of a charge that is nearly useless... That is not at all surprising in the business world. Most companies find clever ways to word charges and fees.

The fact that newegg attempts to profit off of their own inefficiencies destroys customer loyalty. Newegg's system from a logistics point of view is extremely well done... However, not looking through the entire picture bothers me. I would say its pointless to have one end of your company that is amazing and another that undoes the other... Newegg's ceo/cfo/coo and other top officers forgot to evaluate the entire picture of the company.

• Ba
    Bart Williams Jul 16, 2012

OH my GOD!!! NEWEGG I cant believe that if you ship an item that is already damaged at the warehouse or inroute the customer gets the damaged items complains to NEWEGG that he got a broken product, then all you can say is the RMA doesnt accept damaged products? What the heck is the purpose of returning something if it is not damaged? Idiots!!! people get items from you and the item is damaged and you wont accept them back???

If I ever order another item from NEW EGG I think I am going to bring out the camcorder while collecting package, opening package etc...

markpontius Aug 15, 2012

i had the exact same problem it cost me nearly 1000 dollars thankfully i can write it off but it has cost me a lot of business