Resolved NewEggonline scam

M

I would first like to state that I have purchased alot of items from newegg over well over 5 years now. I know a good bit about computers and computer hardware. Now that being said here was the final straw...

I purchased a video card from newegg about 90 days ago. I installed it and it worked for a day. Next day saw vertical and horizontal lines and corruption on the screen. I contacted the manufacturer and after a few hours of trying to fix it, it was determined to be defective. I packed it back up, got a return number from newegg and shipped it off. Almost 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard them. I had to contact them, after another 2 days they sent me an e-mail saying they can not acept the return because 'it was missing a serial number and it was being sent back'

No serial numbers were removed so I had no idea what the heck they were talking about. I tried talking to them about it since I have purchased through them for a long time, yet they still would not accept the return. I went on their site because you can write reviews about the product. I submitted a review, 3 days later I recieved an e-mail stating my review has been rejected! Unbelievable!!! I wrote a review about the product then stated newegg as refused my rma. No real slander or cussing.

At this point I am really pissed. On one hand newegg is completely blowing me off and on the other they are sending sorry notices and 'we hope you return'... Yeah right. I started looking through the product information, it all becomes clear why this is happening, there is a warranty!!! Newegg doesn't want to deal with it because they know the manufacturer will, yet newegg has a 30 day return policy unless something voids the warranty... Serial number stickers, easy to remove/lose.

Long story short the manufacturer is indeed picking up neweggs slack.

Here is my two cents: newegg has become worse and worse over the past 2 years. What the issue is? I don't know maybe the economy is hitting them hard but I will not go back to using them, their customer service is mediocre at best and they are losing their competitive edge.

Many other sites are able to do what they do with no hassle ruturns and are glad to do what it takes to keep you business.

RESOLVED

• Newegg International's response · Jun 23, 2009

Dear Marcus,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you and understand your anger in this situation. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino

• Newegg International's response · Jun 29, 2009

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind review. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused you. Also, we apologize for the delayed response. Nevertheless, we would really like to speak to you to see what we can do for you in this matter. At your earliest convenience please contact me personally at [email protected] or via phone at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Alex Villarino

• Newegg International's response · Dec 15, 2009

Dear host0300,

Thank you for submitting your review. Unfortunately, I do not know what you're referring to with asking if “yellow” is illegal, but I am interested in speaking with you so we can discuss your situation.

At your earliest convenience, please contact Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or [email protected]

• Newegg International's response · Apr 06, 2011

Dear HateNewEgg,

I can assure you that Newegg is available to assist you in every way we can in this matter. However, we are limited to what order information we can release without a valid police report and investigator requesting it. I can assure you what Newegg will release all order information to the proper authorities and encourage you to contact us once a Police report is obtained.

You can reach me 1800-390-1119 ext 25062. Simply enter the extension number after the menu options are given. I am also available at [email protected] for any further inquires or concerns.

• Newegg International's response · Apr 20, 2011

Dear Avoid Newegg,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention; I appreciate the Sales order number to indentify your transaction. I apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced. I can assure you Newegg would never intentionally do anything to cause you any dissatisfaction with our services.

It seems these VGA cards included promotional coupons each for a $59.99 value. Since our Returns department didn’t receive them, they were deducted from the return’s total refund. Due to the circumstances, we are more than happy to refund the deducted total to back to you since you are confirming these coupons were missing from the order when they arrived. Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

• Newegg International's response · Jun 13, 2016

Hello Newegg Customer,
    We are very sorry for your experience you have encountered. Could you please email us your sales order information and more details of the issues you are having with the TV? We are here to help. Our email address is [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.

• Newegg International's response · Jun 20, 2016

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for posting this and we are sorry to hear about your negative return experience. It's great to hear that the manufacturer is able to assist you with the product, however, we'd still like to take a look into this to see what had happened. Please send an email to [email protected] with your order number. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!

-Rella (Newegg_Support)

Dear RJ Hernan,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this pre-order has caused you. We will be sending you a direct message requesting further information on this issue. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to further assisting you. Thank you for your time.

Dear buyer1234,

I want to apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused. Typically, unless an order is placed within the Promotion specified time period they cannot be honored. The situation you've described is unique and would require some investigation. I would be more than happy to review your order details and see what can be done for you. I welcome you to please contact me with your Sales order number at : 1800-390-1119 ext25062 or email me at : [email protected] . Newegg wants to make sure our valued customers are satisfied with their purchases. I'm sure we can provide you with a satisfactory resolution.

Hi Mark-Colorado,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Newegg. We would certainly like to look into this and assist you in any way we can. Can you please email us your order information to [email protected]? We will happy to resolve this matter for you.

Hello Mark-Colorado,

We are very sorry to hear about this experience; we are very concerned with this report because it does not fit Newegg's regular procedures. We will be happy to assist you with this. Can you please email us your account information to [email protected]? We will do everything we can to resolve this situation to your satisfaction; we will also internally investigate this to ensure the quality of our services.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Newegg. We're very concerned about this situation and we would like to have the opportunity to assist you with this. Can you please email us to [email protected]? We'll be happy to get this resolved for you.

• Newegg International's response · Jul 25, 2016

Hello Mayore,
    Thank you for posting this and bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that your orders were voided during the verification process. We'd like to take a look into this further to see why your orders are voiding. Generally, funding is not transferred to Newegg until your order is invoiced and shipped. However, credit card authorizations are set aside by your bank and if the order is voided the authorization can take 3-5 business days to be released back to your available funds. However, please contact us at [email protected] with your order number and please reference this post and we'll be happy to see why your orders are voided. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!

Newegg Support - William

Barney Apr 24, 2009

I ordered 2 1 GB of RAM for my GF's Notebook. She lives in Las Vegas, NV. That was on 4/16/09. I specifically entered her Space # as she lives in a Large Complex that assigns a Space to both Homes and Trailers in the Complex. They failed to put the Space# in the Address Field. Despite it showing on the Confirmation. Later the Invoice and Shipping information shows that they did not put the Space #. It was shipped the next day and a Tracking Order assigned via USPS Priority Mail.

Sad to say the Pony Express from California, less than 300 miles away has not arrived. it is now 4/23/09. Calls to the Company are not answered. Emails to the Sales, Customer Service and Webmaster are ignored. This is a Company I had used since it was Founded. I have spent thousands of Dollars on their products. I will never again buy anything whatsoever from this Company. For the $10.00 I saved it is not worth the hassle. There is no way to cancel the purchase at this time and the USPS may not find the Address.

A few weeks ago a similar situation occurred with 2 other Sellers from CA. They also failed to put the Space # on the Mail. The USPS was able to deliver the one package, the other had been returned before they could intercept it.

Hopefully the Mail Carrier will recognize the name and Deliver the envelope. The USPS was very helpful in resolving the issue.

Avoid this fraudulent website like you would the plague.

• Md
    md256 Jul 24, 2009

Marcus,

Trust me, I understand your frustration, though my experience does not seem as bad as yours. Please consider filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at http://www.bbb.org/us/. Note that NewEgg currently has an "A" rating with the BBB - I know this because I checked there before I first bought from them. Filing a complaint there is a very effective way to let other consumers know that they ought to beware, as well as to try to get your grievances addressed.

• Ho
    host0300 Dec 11, 2009

They are the worst e tailers I've seen in a long time
    IS Yellow ILLEGAL???

• Du
    dukey Aug 14, 2010

i wasn't even going to comment until i read md256. the better business bureau is more of a waste of time. i had a new job scam me, they fired me after a week and didn't pay me at all, and did the same to other people so there reputation sucked, i told BBB they gave me like a claim number 3 months ago i've been able to do nothing with. and that was after taking an hour to submit it

• Bl
    blpinder Nov 18, 2010

I have had the same issue with Newegg.com. The company, I once thought of as reliable, has shown to be a huge waste of time and resources for me and my company. I ordered a video-card from them and entered the correct shipping (previously saved) as I always do, but today, somebody neglected to put the apartment number on the label. So, I have no package, and a bill which coincidentally made it to the correct address. Hmm...? I've contacted customer service multiple times... Still no package. Just a bunch of "sorrys". Worthless!

Chris S Mar 16, 2011

I have a credit card with new egg called the "bill me later" card or "preferred customer" card. the promotion they offered with this card was 6 mo's no interest no payments. the first payment was due in june.

Back in March they withdrew 2097.00 from my checking account. When they did this, I called them and said I never authorized this charge, and they reversed the charge a week later. within that week I was charged almost 300.00 for a few overdraft fees because that unauthorized charge put my account in the red. I had a few automatic payments set up and they withdrew.

After calling them and telling them about the fees, they said they'd have a manager call me back. A week later, and after several calls back they said to be patient and that someone would get in touch. After this week of waiting, they happened to charge me again for the full amount of my balance, 2097.00. At this point I called my bank back and had them put a block on the company. At that point I racked up a total of almost 500.00 in overdraft fees, along with the 2097.00 they took, and did NOT refund this time.

After talking with my bank for a few hours, someone said they understood and agreed with me that what they did was illegal and sent them a fax saying they needed to refund the orig amount along with the bank fees. After almost a month of repeated calling, and getting NO ONE to cooperate with me or call me back I finally decided to try an ATM dispute with my bank until I got it situated as I needed to pay rent and bills and was almost kicked out of my place because of this charge.

Well, here I am and its now June. No refund what so ever from this place and I just got done talking with them and was told for about the hundreth time, SOMEONE would call me back. i doubt they will.

Does anyone know what I can do about this? How do I even go about filing a law suit against a credit card company? would it be possible to get damages if i get kicked out of my place and because my credit score is now almost 100 points lower than it was because of other things I haven't been able to pay like my cell phone and power company now that im close to 3k in debt over this?

• Ha
    HateNewEgg Mar 22, 2011

I’m wondering how in the world NEWEGG has an “A” rating with the BBB considering the amount of credit card fraud they simply let pass over with no constraints? I’ve had $1, 148 dollars of unauthorized charges, along with thousands of others across the nations, and they’ve got an “A”? What kind of nonsense is that? Then when I try to find out the shipping address, seeing that I’m the so called customer, yet I’m told that they could not provide me with that information? Information that supposedly “I” submitted? What is this Nation coming to? The fact that our economy Is that bad that certain businesses have to by bought off by the BBB in order to legalize their security practices? I fail to see how an online business can be considered so dependable when it’s security practices are unreliable. Don’t believe me, check out these complaints; everyone is experiencing the same problems with credit card fraud, and NEWEGG does absolutely NOTHING about it!

This isn't a joke! This company is sick and twisted! And I figured it would be a waste of time reporting them to the BBB. Soundsl like the BBB is just as worthless as they are.

• Av
    AvoidNewegg Apr 20, 2011

Marcus-

I hear ya, buddy. I've been trying to RMA two defective video cards for a few weeks. First they wanted to charge me a $55 restocking fee for DEFECTIVE merchandise. Then, when I got that cleared up, they knocked a whopping $120 off my return because apparently they had put some sort of coupons or something for some lame game in the shipping box (which I did NOT want nor did I have any intention of ordering, they just magically came with the order). I didn't send these back because I didn't even know that I had received them (I still don't even remember seeing them in the box in the first place), and so now I'm out $120 for coupons that I didn't use for TWO identical copies of some crap game that I didn't want in the first place. To top it off, I just checked their site for the same video cards I returned and they're basically the same price as when I bought them, only now they don't come with any sort of magic coupons, so they pretty much just ripped me off for $120. Nice, eh?

I've placed over $20, 000 (yes, twenty-thousand) worth of orders with them over the years and have generally been very happy with the service, and I've always told my friends to shop there. Not anymore. BUYER BEWARE!

Oh, and Maverick, if you check this and want to look, my order number is 105859024.

Comments

• Al
    alperz Apr 26, 2011

i worst experience with them i pad my 6 month interest free promotional before expiration date they still charging interest then i made few calls to ask for interest charge they hold me more the one hour to find out this was like 10 days ago i am on the phone with them today and still no resulation i have many other credit cards never seen like this worst company ever

• Vi
    Vicodin May 06, 2011

WTF is wrong with people, do you really think Bill Me Later is newegg doing this? Bill Me Later is owned by Ebay/PayPal. Its not NewEgg's fault they took the payments out, they have nothing to do with Bill Me Later besides allow it to be a method of payment. Its like your blaming newegg if your credit card company takes money out of your account.

• Be
    beijingyank Feb 23, 2012

I got an email they charged my "credit card" for a purchase I never made for over $2000.
    Funny thing is, I don't have a credit card.

• Be
    beijingyank Feb 23, 2012

I'm a little nervous about someone claiming I purchased something I never bought. I don't have a credit card...so I am now worried about identity theft.

• Mr
    mrjohns Sep 02, 2012

Newegg is not the company they once were. I have an issue with their claim of bent pin on Asus Sabertooth motherboard I returned. It was working fine when I returned. I just wanted a more expensive board, so i returned the Sabertooth and purchased the maximus V Formula. When they received my board they said it had bent pins. That is BS, I have a jewellers loop and inspected board CPU socket before it shipped. The reason I inspected is because of all the horror stories on internet about getting screwed by them on Asus motherboards. There was one pin that appeared to be bent but I looked at it with the jewlers loop and it was just a lighter color on shaft of pin.If I am not given a store credit I will spend the rest of my life, informing people on every forom how Newegg treated me. I spent almost two thousand dollars in two weeks with them and this is the way I am treated.

Jamie fontaine Nov 13, 2014

Newegg.com defrauded me on this RMA return for a ASRock 990FX Extreme9 AM3+ motherboard.
    it was defective item it caught on fire 3 times near the frontal connection port.
    and nothing was connected to it.
    it got fire on 3 boots all in a row...
    I told them about in the rma request online and also on the phone when I called them for the shipping label to be emailed to me.
    and they got the rma back but sent me a email saying i had missing parts and need to contact them or call them by phone.
    so I called them on the phone and they told me the part thats missing is the the motherboard.
    and I told them I put the motherboard in the box my self and taped it up 3 times in rows.
    and my mother was going shopping and mailed it out for me.
    so the motherboard either came missing at their warehouse or by the mailing center.
    their trying to defraud me so they don't have to refund me my money back.
    so I will contact the FBI fraud office and the BBB and consumer reports and whoever else to report this in and press charges against them for it.
    and take them to court and sue them for more then what the motherboard is worth !
    any one else who's been defrauded by newegg.com can post here and contact me and if you want to join me in taking them to court your welcome to.
    sorry for the mistakes I may of made during my video recording.
    but I am very up set what they did to me and I be suing them for the stress and crap I been through with them and what they put me through.

J A Bartlett Mar 18, 2015

I purchased an open box computer totaling about 1100 dollars. I received the computer today just in time for a gift for a bday party. Let me explain I do understand what open box means...i also read their disclaimer. It stipulates the content might not be present that are non essential and or there might be blemishes etc etc. I received the computer today Mar 18 2015. As i opened the box i heard a heard small pieces of something moving around in the tower. It made me nervous. I opened the box to the tower and set it down. I opened the accessories bag and saw a little black mouse...problem is the mouse was shattered and useless...I then looked at the video cards..a pair of them...One of them was bent at a 45 degree angle to the video card at the place where they connect to the tower...I then started to look at the mobo only to be more concerned...it had only 1 pci-e slot...the other was literally ripped of the mobo. that explains why the video card was all bent...Why the hell would a tech, who prefires the computer and checks for soundness, damage the computer and then package it up? there is virtually no way the computer could have sustained these damages in transit as the box had no signs of trauma...and a drop would not cause a pcie slot to come off the mobo IMO. I then tried to contact the folks via chat and they were elusive offering only partial satisfaction and an RMA that I have to pay for...the nearest UPS store is 60 miles away and a pickup costs me money...SO now i am left with a hunk of junk that i need to return and i am concerned they will cause issues...mind you it was said to be a dual video card machine and there is only 1 video card too...What the hades am I supposed to do when they say i took a video card and wont reimburse my money...it sounds like a scam they are running

J A Bartlett Mar 18, 2015

edit: after rereading what I wrote I said it had 2 video cards...and i was missing one...I found it...it was inside the tower inside the plastic bag...crammed into the corner...

Comments

• Bo
    Bob Feldberg Apr 20, 2016

They promised a rebate on a product, I sent the UPC they sent me and they claim it is invalid

• Tb
    tbm4504 Jun 13, 2016

I bought a 55 inch LED refurbished TV from newegg. Approx 14 days after it arrived the TV started to turn on and off. I notified newegg because on their web site I had 30 days to return it. They refuse, directing me to Samsung( also is a company that has no integrity) which has since declined to fix their product. Shame on me for buying from these companies; however, if I can spare an individual the agony and monies from the experience I will glean some benefit.

• Ex
    ExposingTruth Jun 17, 2016

NewEgg pulls this same CON on hundreds of customers. Your story sounds exactly like mine. NEWEGG will be EXPOSED for this shady and dishonest business practice, and I'm hoping to get a lawsuit against them and fines imposed. Hundreds of claims that customers are REMOVING SERIAL NUMBERS from video cards, motherboards, and products in order to avoid issuing refunds. In fact, They even challenged me to PROVIDE PHOTOS AS PROOF, or they would NOT issue me a refund. They claimed that I too removed some serial number from a GPU. It's the same SCAM they pull with everyone to avoid refunds. THIS WILL STOP! I'm working on an investigative documentary EXPOSING NewEgg's business practices over the last 2 years. I have interviews with dozens of customers that have been DENIED refunds on defective products for the SAME EXACT REASON. REMOVED SERIAL NUMBERS. NEWEGG WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!

• Jc
    jcrizzle Jul 20, 2016

I purchased a BIY computer 3 days ago. I've called with many questions and at first everything i was told seemed helpful. I've changed my information more times than I can count. My purchase was around $1500. I've been told my information is being processed over and over and over. If I'm doing something wrong then there has to be a system that tells me where I'm going wrong. It is unbelievable that I've spent the last 3 days with unanswered question. I've even talked to my credit card company and they've approved my purchase. It should not take 3 days for newegg to move to the charge stage, for a process that takes 1-2 days. Newegg is almost out of $1500 purchase. Unbelievable!

ps. my credit card company approve my purchase on tuesday. It's almost Friday. Newegg finish processing please!

• Rj
    RJ hernan Jul 20, 2016

ordered a Wii U preorder with 1 day shipping. Charged our cars got and email saying item was being prepared for shipping for delivery. Item did not arrive and checked website. They voided our order because" they overestimated their stock" . How do I charge my card and email saying it being shipped then cancel order. They didnt even contact us. We only found out cause we followed through after not receiving tracking #. Said it will be 5 days to refund our card for 583.00 $
    Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com.

"We are happy to inform you that your order (Sales Order Number: ************** has been successfully charged to your American Express and order verification is now complete." Order status "in packaging". Then next day order status: " voided"

• Fa
    falcongirl2u Jul 20, 2016

Gigabyte continues to call either Northbridge or Southbridge changes to their Motherboards "revisions". However, their resellers have no way of knowing when stock is picked from their warehouse which revision is being pulled.

This is very common at Newegg.com a large reseller of Gigabyte Motherboards.

Gigabyte needs to start a new model # when it changes either the Northbridge or the Southbridge and keep the Rev#s for Bios updates only.

• Bu
    buyer1234 Jul 20, 2016

On dec13th 2010 Newegg.com had a gift certificate promotional ending 11:59:59pm dec 13th pst. stating if you purchase $500 or more in merchandise you will receive a gift card of $100 via email by Dec24th 2010. I placed an order exceeding $1000. I had to modify the order with the assist of a Newegg customer rep. In doing so I had to cancel the previous order and submit a new order. Knowing the terms of service of the promotional I asked the customer rep if I still qualified for the $100 gift card. I was told yes. I never received the gift card and contacted and spoke with customer representatives every day for over a week. Each day I was told that my second order is still good for the gift card. Finally after the 24th and today the 29th I got a new response. Newegg said that the promotional ended at 1:00pm. My original order was placed at 12:42pm and the revised order was placed at 1:15pm. They said that my first order qualified but since I revised and placed the second order after 1:00pm I was no longer eligible for the gift card. Now this is just not right. Nowhere on the site did it state the promotion was over, all of the reps told me my second order qualified. Funny how they say the order you canceled qualified for the promotional but the order you purchased did not. This seems borderline fraudulent to me. I mean this is so not right.

• G7
    G73 Jul 20, 2016

I bought a HDD and instead of the new drive I expected, I got a DOA drive iun an opened mylar bag. When I went to return it I was forced to either take a replacement or get hit with a 15% fee. I thought I should caution other would-be buyers but hit the rules that say "speak no evil of Newegg, nor make comparisons to other manufacturers." So I dumbed-down my review to just the bare facts, only to have it rejected. But my point is that much as I've loved Newegg for over a decade their policies have changed big-time and buyers need to be very careful now. And the result for me is that I won't trust them and I'll think more than twice before I bite on any more "specials" from Newegg. I'm really upset about being shipped a dead previously opened hard drive, forced to pay return shipping, and forced to either get hit with a 15% fee or take the risk all over again with a replacement hard drive. Paypal is now the way to buy online for me!!

• Ga
    gandalfgreyhame Jul 20, 2016

gigabyte has alot of problems with the company and the way they do business

Bart Williams Jul 20, 2016

Amazing!! Sounds like a class action lawsuit being charged a restock fee for returning a defective part.
    I mean if the item was returned in working order and they banged you for a restock well I could understand but damaged goods beng restocked???

• Em
    emq! Jul 20, 2016

Ordered a 10 pack (bulk) of discontinued motherboards for an unbelievable price. Confirmed price & quantity with rep over chat, no problem, they said it was fine.
    Received only one motherboard. Got screwed all around. Ad is still up, they won't even correct their mistakes.
    Complained to Paypal, Mastercard, Newegg... waiting.
    Pls, buy somewhere else.

Marie Z Jul 20, 2016

I am in same problem with them, how did you resolve this. I purchased a new Acer Laptop with plan when I had problem they told to send it to Acer. Now when it comes back it still does not work, I don't know what to do with this broken laptop

Barero Jul 20, 2016

They have a horrible customer service. I ordered a computer U build kit and the parts came definitive. This was annoying but things happen. I sent them back a week latter got them back. new parts were damaged sent everything back. Then the said they were not going to refund money and that is what they did. Do not buy from them.

• Ne
    Neweggsucks Jul 20, 2016

Ordered a 27 inch Acer monitor as a Christmas present. I paid the full price for it but got an Open Box delivered. In fact it wasn't even taped shut for shipping. So I call customer service and all they could do is offer me a $25 gift certificate. Don't need a gift certificate if I'm not going to do business with you in the future. They refused to give me the Open Box price, which is what they delivered to me. Shabby shipping, shabby customer service. Wish I had read all these consumer reviews BEFORE I did business with Newegg. Be forewarned, and beware, Newegg is a rip-off, consumer scam. You pay for something new and they send you something used. Then they refuse to make it right when you call them. Their Customer Service is a waste of time.

• La
    Laminarke Jul 20, 2016

Deplorable customer service. Bought an item for my daughter for Christmas and they refuse to accept a return or exchange after 30 days, even unopened! This is my 2nd and final bad experience with Newegg.com.

Mark-Colorado Jul 20, 2016

Has anyone else purchased from Newegg via eBay?

I bought an SSD that I had been watching, with free shipping. I paid for it on Dec 2th expecting it be shipped in 24-48 hours, per the listing. It has now been a week and I have tried a couple times to contact them for a tracking number. No joy.

eBay's contact seller option looks to go to a dead box on their end. There is no such contact option on PayPal and when I called Newegg, she couldn't help me because their system does not recognize the eBay numbers. Uh, ok...

I hate to say it, but the lady I spoke with was really not at all interested in helping. She said she couldn't look up eBay transactions and had no access to PP payments, even though their site supports PP payments. Odd for a sales CS rep to not be able to see sales transactions. Perhaps eBay/PayPal sales are handled by a different group? If so, why not transfer me over? I offered to forward their email they sent as a receipt, but they apparently cannot accept outside emails. What??? At this point I am thinking I should just cancel the order and eat the sales tax that I would pay at Best Buy, they do price match and have it in stock.

Thinking that, I let her know it best I reverse the PP and go elsewhere. She then proceeds to tell me than an order cancellation means a 15% restocking fee would be withheld from the PP refund. Seriously?!?!? I am going to be charged a restocking fee for something, that as far as I can tell, never even left the shelf? Better yet, when someone wants their money back, the transaction cannot be found, but they all of a sudden find it to get a 15% cut for doing nothing? Man, I am in the wrong business!

At this point, I feel as if I have no recourse. I can dispute the payment, but that takes weeks and I do not think it fair I lose the 15% fee through no fault of my own. I also know eBay takes a healthy chunk any monies they recover as a fee for said service, assuming they collect. None of this should even be happening to begin with, I made a payment in good faith and have a reasonable expectation to either get my product or a refund w/o hassle.

So, I guess I am out the money until this resolution process is over or someone at Newegg figures out what's up. Usually NE has a great reputation, which was part of why I bought from them here. If they don't get this fixed, I suspect I am just out the money.

Either way, I will make sure I do not patronize this company again.

• Ro
    Robout Jul 20, 2016

I have purchased 3 computers from them on promotional no deferred interest programs. They purposely place monthly payments towards the promotional periods that end later, so the ones ending sooner fail to get paid off and incur finance charges. When you want to fight the charges, go ahead, but do so by fax, and don't expect any management to have a clue. Oh and don't expect to email anybody there, they don't do external emails for support.

• Lo
    Loobinec Jul 20, 2016

Let me tell you this was NOT a good first experience with this company I can honestly say I will not be working with them again and I will definitely not recommend to anyone. They canceled my order int he middle of the night and the item sold out. Told me the address I put down is not on my account. That is the address on my account, haven't had a problem using it in over 2 years. Most GOOD online companies either do a second manual verification in case their system got it wrong OR send the customer a courtesy message saying the order cannot be processed BEFORE screwing the customer overt and canceling their order. Plus when the rep INSULTS the customer, makes for an even better experience! They better retrain that rep.

• Mg
    mgavett Jul 20, 2016

Newegg, Inc. is a horrible company to deal with when things go wrong. Our last order delivery status says it was delivered 5/19/12 and we never received it. UPS says the shipper has to file a lost/missing package claim but Newegg will not do this. After a BBB complaint was file Newegg responded with a direct contact that was a public image professional. This person did nothing beyond providing an explanation of the deficient shipping contracts Newegg has with various shippers that will not allow Newegg to ship a package with a signature requirement. Our account has had a couple previous packages that were either, lost, stolen or mis-delivered over the past 4 years as stated by Newegg so they will not even file a claim with the delivery company as directed by UPS. We the customer are left without the order but still have the credit card bill to pay and Newegg thinks this is acceptable. We will be sharing our experience in hopes to let others know how Newegg does not help the customer when things that are, outside of our control go wrong. Our last option is to contact our bank card in hopes they might be able to help.

Don’t take my word for the horrible dealings with Newegg just Google Newegg complaints and you will be amazed the sheer number of different horror stories that exist with Newegg. Also the BBB as of this writing has in excess of 364 complaints in the last 12 months and 810 over the past 3 years about Newegg.com yet they still receive an A+ BBB rating, what gives?? Buy at your own risk - you have been warned!

• Wd
    WDH-USA Jul 20, 2016

Well stated my friend! I've been dealing with Newegg for many years, but I also believe that their business practices and representatives both need considerable improvement/training before they will continue to kept my business. Failing expectations in their business practices will certainly hurt them in this global recession.

Mayore Jul 25, 2016

I have not been able to order anything since I've tried. They have declined my order countless times and refuse to tell me why. After they kept automatically voiding my orders, they took all the money from the orders. 2 grand out of pocket, and they did not tell me. The bank did. I had to contact the bank to get the 2, 000 dollars back and it took 5 days to get it back to me. I do not recommend newegg to anyone regardless of the "fine experiences" someone has. If you have a different billing address than shipping address they will keep declining you regardless of talking to their mortifying customer service.

• 19
    19564010 Jul 25, 2016

I have had similar experiences with Newegg!! They simply do not back up their products.

• Ph
    Phantomleader Aug 16, 2016

I purchased a Lenovo lap top . The Laptop came withloose keys. I sent the lap to back to NEW EGG . I told the NEW EGG Representative that the keys were loose. The Rep told me that he computer would be repaired or I would recieve another one. I sent the lap top EACTLY as I recieved it. I waited three weeks and no contact or replacement. I called NEW EGG and was told that the same computer was being returned to me because of abuse and that the keys were not sent with the computer ( Who does that!!). Furthermore the Rep told me that I had told the original Cutomer Rep. that the F7 key was missing . I NEVER said what key was loose and I never said the key was missing. The machine was sent back he same way I got it. The REP told me to contact Lenovo and pay to have it fixed. or maybe Lenovo will do me a favor and fix it for free . STAY AWAY FROM NEW EGG THEY ARE NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY.

• Ph