Resolved NewEgg — online scam
I would first like to state that I have purchased alot of items from newegg over well over 5 years now. I know a good bit about computers and computer hardware. Now that being said here was the final straw...
I purchased a video card from newegg about 90 days ago. I installed it and it worked for a day. Next day saw vertical and horizontal lines and corruption on the screen. I contacted the manufacturer and after a few hours of trying to fix it, it was determined to be defective. I packed it back up, got a return number from newegg and shipped it off. Almost 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard them. I had to contact them, after another 2 days they sent me an e-mail saying they can not acept the return because 'it was missing a serial number and it was being sent back'
No serial numbers were removed so I had no idea what the heck they were talking about. I tried talking to them about it since I have purchased through them for a long time, yet they still would not accept the return. I went on their site because you can write reviews about the product. I submitted a review, 3 days later I recieved an e-mail stating my review has been rejected! Unbelievable!!! I wrote a review about the product then stated newegg as refused my rma. No real slander or cussing.
At this point I am really pissed. On one hand newegg is completely blowing me off and on the other they are sending sorry notices and 'we hope you return'... Yeah right. I started looking through the product information, it all becomes clear why this is happening, there is a warranty!!! Newegg doesn't want to deal with it because they know the manufacturer will, yet newegg has a 30 day return policy unless something voids the warranty... Serial number stickers, easy to remove/lose.
Long story short the manufacturer is indeed picking up neweggs slack.
Here is my two cents: newegg has become worse and worse over the past 2 years. What the issue is? I don't know maybe the economy is hitting them hard but I will not go back to using them, their customer service is mediocre at best and they are losing their competitive edge.
Many other sites are able to do what they do with no hassle ruturns and are glad to do what it takes to keep you business.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More NewEgg Complaints & Reviews
- Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help
- Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!)
- Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com!
- Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg
- NewEgg - extremely frustrated w/ newegg's return policy
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service
- Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- NewEgg - delivery, a horror story