NJ Transit Bus — bus driver stops to take a call!
199 Bus to NYC via Nutley
Bus # 19081
4:57 pm (?) bus
On Friday, September 27, 2019 at approximately 4:49 pm the bus driver made a left turn after crossing the Passaic River bridge onto Riverside Avenue. We had just passed the Lyndhurst Diner when I noticed the bus had come to a stop. My head was buried in a book so I didn't notice until 2 minutes later when I looked up, realized we had stopped and asked a passenger on my right what happened. He told me that the driver was on the phone outside the bus. I leaned over and saw the driver on his cell phone taking a call. By this time 3 minutes had passed. Another two minutes went by when the driver climbed back on the bus to continue the trip as if nothing out of the ordinary had just occurred.
The bus was scheduled to arrive by 5:50 or so. We got to the Port Authority and let off the bus at approximately 6:20p. Hmmmm.
Seems late to me. Wonder why?
Updated by Sweetlife3, Oct 02, 2019
Please forward to NJ transit. Possible safety hazard.
More NJ Transit Bus Complaints & Reviews
- NJ Transit - employee attacked customer 
- NJ Transit - bus 507 running before schedule time 
- NJ Transit - riverline returning from concert 
- NJ Transit - horrible, horrible bus service 
- NJ Transit - bus driver 
- Nj transit bus 186 - not letting waiting passengers in
- NJ Transit Bus - 158 never on time - why bother having a schedule?
- NJ Transit - erratic bus driver
- NJ Transit - train conductor 6571 number 1620 pascack valley line.
- NJ Transit - employee