[Resolved] Net 10 Wirelesstelephones, customer service; network service level

N Aug 17, 2018 Review updated:

I recently purchased two Samsung Galaxy ON-5 smartphones from Net 10. One for myself and one for my wife. We had previously been on Net 10 service with regular 'phones for quite some time and had experienced excellent ongoing service. When these two new 'phones arrived, it took my wife about 4 hours and me about 3 hours to finally get some measure of service on these 'phones! Attempting to deal with Net 10 Customer Service was extremely frustrating! Both of us had to finally ask for a CSR that spoke understandable English. The person to which we were each transferred had the same thick accent and spoke the same very poor English as the previous CSR with whom we had been trying to deal! Even more to the point, NONE of them seemed to have a CLUE to what it would take to put our telephones on line! Both of us finally got pushed off the 'phone by Customer Service, them saying that they would continue working on the problem and that if the telephones would not work properly in the next 2 to 3 days, call them back. You can imagine my chagrin (read: P.O.'d) when neither 'phone would reliably make or receive a call or a text message INSIDE OUR RESIDENCE!!! We both have to go out on the front porch, the back deck, or the patio to have any kind of a reliable conversation or send a text message! And by the way, the last text message that I sent took 3 1/2 hours for the Net 10 system to deliver! What a joke! My wife called Net 10 about the failure of the 'phones to reliably make or receive calls or texts in the residence. She spent more than four hours on the telephone with three different CSR's (same problem; heavy accents, poor English, and a general level of stupidity about how to make a 'phone work on their system.) and, when they abjectly FAILED to solve the problem, she finally hung up in frustration and disgust! Apparently, no one at Net 10 cares about offering a workable and reliable service or maintaining a C.S department that actually knows what it is doing or can speak English to its customers in America!

• Net10 Wireless's response · Sep 13, 2018

This is Mia from NET10 Wireless. I see you need help with your phone. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2lHoBuo. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

• Net10 Wireless's response · Sep 17, 2018

Hi 9wood. I'm Mia from NET10 Wireless. We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the product and service. If you should have questions or concerns, please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2lHoBuo. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

• Resolution Statement

• 9w
    9wood Aug 17, 2018

your dealing with trac fone they are the worst
    these people are in brazil and know nothing beyond there script which isn't much
    other than that your talking to yourself
    odd how they put you off with "wait 2 to 4 days " or whatever
    like the phone is magically going to fix itself
    personally I would go with a better provider
    T-Mobile or verizon

• 9w
    9wood Sep 17, 2018

seems we got several bots doing scripted auto replies