Neiman Marcusthe unethical service provided by mary zigman at the topanga canyon location

L Apr 19, 2018

With all do respect in regards to your return policy, I attempted to return a pair of designer shoes I purchased for my father at the Topanga Canyon location. Despite having to wait for Mary Zigman to finish her personal chat with a fellow employee, I clearly explained to her the reasoning for my attempted return: my father's medically endured coma and unfortunate death. She did not express her condolences and was very rash. I've been a customer of NM for years not and I have never experienced such inhuman service.

She immediately began to scan the item and informed me that I was past the 60 day return period. I completely understood her dedication to the store policy and continued to ask if a conditional exception was available for the circumstance. She then guided me to contact Sombal, the district manager, who had already ended her shift for the day.

After I departed the store, she informed Sombal that the shoes were not in resell condition. The fact that she was clearly inhuman was enough. Now she transferred falsified information which is the reasoning behind my complaint. She basically made me (the customer) appear to be a liar.

Her actions demonstrated upmost poor customer service. I have attached images of the shoes to clearly show that the shoes were never worn by my father. He never got the chance to unfortunately. The only time he put those shoes on his feet were to try out the fit in-store.

Please, don't allow such unethical behavior to effect another customer.