NBC Group LLCRemoved Money from my bank account without permission

L

NBC Group LLC charged my checking account without my permission in the amount of $39.95. I do not even know who this company is. I demand that the money be refunded to me! You have bounced my account!
Lenee Sharak

• Mi
    Michele Sep 27, 2008

I just saw a charge of $129.95 on my account from the same company!!! I just filed a claim with my bank for a fraud investigation and my money is going to be credited back. You should too.

• St
    Stephen Dubois Sep 28, 2008

The exact amount of 129.95 disappeared from my account as well. I'll be filing a complaint with my bank on Monday. The NBC Group company did leave a phone number but it was a fax number.

• Ka
    Karen Jones Sep 28, 2008

Nbc took 39. 95 our of my paypal acct & i certainly did not tell them to touch my account. These are bad people, and they need to be stopped. They are scamming good, inocent, and decent people!!!

• Ka
    Kathy Sep 29, 2008

The same thing has just happened to me too--a charge of $129.95 from the NBC Group was taken from my account and the phone number was actually a fax number. I too am filing a fraud claim with my bank and will have to close my debit card and obtain a new one.

• Ba
    Barbara Ramirez Sep 29, 2008

Ya, Me too, the exact amount of 129.95 was electronically debited from my account as well. I called my bank and they are initiating a fraud charge on this Nbc Group, and yes the phone number for them was a fax number.
    Well get this I told my brother about it, he told me this same thing happened a couple of years ago to some friends for over a thousand dollars!!! Come to find out nbc group calls you on the phone of course after they have already hacked into your account and know your visa check card number, when you answer your phone even if you only speak to them for 10 seconds that is when they charge your account. They call themselves a credit card company. And they move around the country.

Mary Pollok Sep 29, 2008

They charged my account too 39.95. I am going to be filing a complaint with my bank too.

• Mi
    Mike Brown Sep 29, 2008

I noticed on my pending accts on my bank statement a charge for $129.62 from NBC LLC. Called my bank and cancelled my credit card but they said that I would have to let it clear my acct and then file a complaint and dispute charge! I have to let it clear before I can get my money back! This a scam and am going to the BBB and FTC with complaints also!

• De
    DeVeria Sep 29, 2008

Same thing happened to me...39.85 going to do the same thing

• Ti
    Tim G Sep 29, 2008

If you filled out the information to Make Money on Craigslist it's is in very small print that they will chaarge you additional fees. Here is the small print:

To cancel, you must call [protected] M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
    PST within 14 days of the date you ordered. If you elect to take advantage of this offer by checking this box you agree to be charged $39.90 to your credit card
    for joining NBC Group, LLC unless you cancel within the trial offer period. We will not have to ask for your credit card or your further contest in order to charge
    you. NBC Group, LLC will charge your credit card monthly the membership fee above in effect at that time unless you call to cancel, in addition

Hope this helps

• Da
    davesmom Sep 30, 2008

Aside from having these charges removed from your accounts, you all need to send your complaints to the office of the Secretary of State in your home state. That's really the only way to fight these rip-off companies.

• Ca
    Carolyn W. Jacobs Oct 01, 2008

I spoke with customer service for this company and was told that I had agreed to the terms and evidently had not read the fine print. I requested my money back and was told that my account could be cancelled however, I would receive no refund. I read to him the comments above and told him that I was filing a complaint with Secretary of State for the Commonwelath of Virginia. He then told me that the money would be refunded and gave me a confirmation number. I am filiong a complaint against this company.

• Li
    Linda Oct 03, 2008

I also was charged $129.85 to my checking account from my debit card and didnot give any information out to these people. (Craigs list)Caused an overdraft of over $300.00 to my accountit is truely a ripoff. I did not give my bank info to these people so they hacked my pc.

Nancy Lamperti Oct 04, 2008

On August 29, 2008, I also fell for this scam. I paid $1.95 for the information. It was charged to my bank account from ONLINEBIZ/MARKET. [protected] AZ.
    On Sept 29, 2008 I was charged $129.85 from the NBCGRP. [protected]. AZ.
    I called my bank on Oct 1st, after checking my account online. They said the NBC account was listed as selling periodicals, books, newspapers. Was I sure I hadn't ordered anything ? She told me she would put a hold on my card, but to write a dispute letter and she would send it to Visa. It would take @6 weeks. but keep trying to call the company. After my 4th time of being put on hold, I finally contacted a real person. He told me about the 14 days I had to call in and cancel. He asked me if I wanted to cancel and he would give me a refund. He gave me the transaction #.
    I called the bank back and told her to release my card so I could get the money back.
    On Oct 2, 2008 I received a refund of $65.00 not the $129.85. If anyone has the original add, I would love to have you email it to me. I am not finished with this company.

Nancy Lamperti Oct 06, 2008

On Oct 6th I called for the balance of my money to be refunded. I was sent to the supervisor Mark Murphy. After threatening to go to the Attorney General and BBB and not letting him get a word in, he put me on hold again and then came back and said I would have another 65.85 refunded within 5 days. I didn't correct him as it should of only been 64.85. lets see if it comes through. He would not give me a transaction number this time. Said it would be the same as the last one . I find that hard to believe.

• Ga
    Gayle Gibson Oct 06, 2008

Yes, I fell for it too! Got my bank statement & there was a $39.95 charge! Called the number provided and with a very pleasant voice I was told I had agreed to this! NO WAY! How did they get my bank info??? Called my auto-bank line & a mysterious charge for $129.85 was just charged to my acct! Again called the number provided on my bank statement & a very sweet voice told me I'd better read the fine print from now on! Where was the fine print??? I just had received an email offering online jobs! No fee stated! She wouldn't refund my $169.70, either. Now my bank acct. is overdrawn. I'm handicapped & live on $800/month!

• Da
    Dave Oct 14, 2008

I was looking into extra income opportunties and came across a site that was operated by NBC Group. I am surprised byt many of the comments, because there is a tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the website stating a free trial period for only the S&H charge od $1.95. After 14 days they charge 39.95 per month with a one time fee of $129.95.

It is simple: Read the fine print and save yourself the hassle. You never get something for free, there is always soem fine print or agreement that is never read.

Nancy Lamperti Oct 14, 2008

In answer to dave, I never clicked the box to further the offer once i saw that there was a monthly fee. i have yet to receive the balance of $64.85. I called again today and asked for Mark Murphy. I spoke with Trish instead and she told me that it was "an error on their part, and i would have the 64.85 within 3 to 5 business days."

Connie Daniel Oct 16, 2008

Just discovered a charge of $39.95 in my checking account. Through investigation of the phone number on charge, I discovered it was NBC Group. I had already cancelled Craig's list (or so I thought). If anyone has anyone to write to about this, please send me an e-mail with address. Thank you very much.

• Us
    usa Oct 19, 2008

If you actually read the terms & conditions for the things you sign up for online you wouldn't have any "surprise" charges on your accounts.
    Be responsible with your money.

Nancy Lamperti Oct 23, 2008

Here's an update on my dispute. I called in again today and spoke with Mark Murphy again. he asked me who told me that i get the balance. I told him that he did. finally reading the notes back to him, he agreed he said it...Now said the girls in the back didn't follow through. So he is issuing a new ticket to credit the $64.85. I will wait another 5 days, but I am sending a letter to the BBB of Phoenix, AZ .

• Be
    Bernard Ragio Oct 27, 2008

I actually signed up for information on "How to Make Profit using Craig's List" back on September 8th. I went through the whole sign up process & at the end of submitting all of my info, they asked if I could agree to their Terms & Conditions. I agreed to them, otherwise I would be unable to sign up, but in order for me to agree to anything, especially when it involves my credit card info, I briefly review it or just scan for numbers, I mean who wants to read a ton of pages before signing up. At first I didn't see where they were, but when I looked near the bottom, I saw a paragraph in white typing that listed all of the charges for me so I didn't have to go through a million pages. It stated that for $1.95 you could access all the info you requested within a 14-day trial period in which they send you in a confirmation email immediately after you sign up. I also saw that if you decide not to cancel during the trial period, then there is a reoccurring monthly fee of $39.90, & after 30 days of signing up there is a one time fee of $129.90. Now I wanted to read just a little further in to see exactly what I was getting myself into, so I checked the email they sent to my inbox, logged onto their Resource Center & checked out the info I requested. I also noticed in the same email, that there was a link to view their service agreement. I opened it up & seeing that it was exceptionally short, I reviewed again the charges only this time to see if they explained what they were for. It stated that the one time fee of$129.90 provides unlimited access to their Resource Center, which makes sense to me seeing that after a month you get to view the info as much as you want no matter what. I was charged the $129.90 on October 8th in which the unlimited access helped a great deal, & was also charged twice a monthly fee of $39.90, once on September 22 & another on October 22nd. I ended up canceling because I found what I was looking for making the program no longer personally useful for me. When I called the number in the email they sent, I spoke with Mark Murphy as well. He seemed very respectable when I informed him I no longer needed the program & it took him no more than 5 minutes to cancel me out. After he canceled my account, he gave me a 9-digit confirmation number.

What this explains is if you decide to sign up for anything online, don't immediately assume it's a scam just because you failed to actually read what you agreed to. Now there are some scams out there, but usually they don't have a call service & usually they don't cancel your account or give you verification using a confirmation number. As you can see, this program offers useful information in which you can view during the trial, otherwise if you don't want to be charged, simply call the company like it stated in the terms & conditions, & cancel before the trial is over. After taking my time to review exactly what I was agreeing to, I found everything I needed to know. Had I not read the terms, I would have been in the same predicament. Now I am to believe that Mark was trying to explain to Nancy exactly what she signed up for but clearly, she failed to review that information making her to believe that they were stealing money from her. But if she would have just taken the time, she would have been relieved of having to make a dispute, having to argue, make complaints, get frustrated, & most importantly trying to get her money back, when fist & foremost, they also state that there are no refunds after the trial period. I highly suggest no matter who you are, make sure you review whatever it is you agree to online, even if it takes a few moments. It will save you time & of course, money. And if you simply don't want to go through all the trouble, then I advise not to sign up.

I also have the website from which I signed up. The informative paragraph including the charges is in white typing & located just below the add. It is not difficult to see & it also not difficult to check a box agreeing to them. Thank you for your time.
    Here is the site: admarketingonline.com

Nancy Lamperti Nov 01, 2008

I finally received the balance owed of ($64.85) refund through Mark Murphy, which a lot of you will be happy to know. You can get your money back ...

Nancy Lamperti Nov 01, 2008

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally received the balance owed me of $64.85. Mark murphy even called back to my house to make sure that it had come through. If you believe you are owed any money back, I suggest talking to mark murphy.

• Ro
    RobinDee Nov 03, 2008

Tell me what you [all] did in order for this company to do what it did. No one mentions how this company obtained access to your personal info.

I'm curious, because I'm always leery of stuff like this that's deposited into my junk mail.. obviously for a reason.

Thanx.

RobinDee

Concerned Work at Home Person Nov 05, 2008

Well everyone the Work at Home deals are mostly a ripoff. I have been doing some research on the companies / Websites listed below and so far what I can find out is they are all ran by NBC Group, LLC., and there is something going on with Mr. Murphy ?

If you look in to it:

admarketingonline.com go's to http://cloneof287.secureorderprocessingcenter.com//default.aspx . Run by NBC Group, LLC. also listed on the site as Craig's List, hosted by HopOne Internet Corporation in Tukwila, Wa Now as far as I know the hosting company has done nothing wrong, but I am going to make sure they know what is going on.

www.searchmarketingppc.com go's to https://c3max83.secureorderprocessingcenter.com/default.aspx/?ref=CD31&pid=CD51354&utm_campaign=CD31&utm_source=CD51354 . Run by NBC Group, LLC. Hosted by HopOne Internet Corporation in Tukwila, Wa

http://www.workfromhomescams.net/index.html This guy you need to check out. Hosted by GoDaddy.com, Inc in Scottsdale, AZ . Right where one of you below got billed from ONLINEBIZ/MARKET. [protected] AZ ???

******* Now if you look at www.searchmarketingppc.com & admarketingonline.com both run by NBC Group, LLC. & both hosted by the same company you will not be surprized at the bottom on the page(s) to read this:

******** ( #1: Our guarantee is simple, if you don’t make money or are dissatisfied with the product or service just call our customer care and arrange for a refund of your $1.95
    It’s 100% risk-free and a great value for the wealth of information available to you immediately. To cancel, you must call [protected] M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
    for joining www.searchmarketingppc.com unless you cancel within the trial offer period. We will not have to ask for your credit card or your further contest in order to charge
    you. www.searchmarketingppc.com will charge your credit card monthly the membership fee above in effect at that time unless you call to cancel, in addition
    to a one time fee of $129.90, which will be billed 30 days from the date you ordered if not cancelled. You must be 18 years or older to order.

Copyright © 2008 www.searchmarketingppc.com - All Rights Reserved. www.searchmarketingppc.com is operated by NBC
    Group, LLC. Google, CNN, or USAToday does not sponsor, endorse, nor is in any way affiliated with www.searchmarketingppc.com or this promotion.
    Affiliate l Privacy Policy l Terms & Conditions l Disclaimer l Click Here To Unsubscribe ) *****

***** ( #2: Our guarantee is simple, if you don’t make money or are dissatisfied with the product or service just call our customer care and arrange for a refund of your $1.95
    for joining www.admarketingonline.com unless you cancel within the trial offer period. We will not have to ask for your credit card or your further contest in order to charge
    you. www.admarketingonline.com will charge your credit card monthly the membership fee above in effect at that time unless you call to cancel, in addition

Copyright © 2008 www.admarketingonline.com - All Rights Reserved. www.admarketingonline.com is operated by NBC Group, LLC. Craigslist, USA Today, CBS News, Entrepenuer Magazine, Business Journal does not sponsor, endorse, nor is in any way affiliated with www.admarketingonline.com or this promotion.

Bottom Line Guy's Read first. If it is to good to be real it is. Also STOP and ask your self if this plan is so good why is Mark Murphy working in an office answering phones as a Supervisor of a Call Center. There are some good plans but they do take work on your end. I have done some in the past, but like anything else it was costing a lot of money to run a business. One thing I found out the hard way is when you start out it can grow bigger than your bank account before you know it causing you to go out of business or go broke. Not all but some. That doesn't mean there not good just grows to become a business and not a Home Business, big difference. And by the way Mr. 8 days ago below sounds like an NBC employee to us. I am sending all I have found to The Cal Attorney General and other State Attorney General Offices, Also Yahoo, Google. Craigslist, Inc and the Hosing companies. One last thing if you look at both sites you will see a box of product with Google and CraigsList logos, bet they don't know ( YET )...Take Care be careful. Best thing I found turn your ideas into a business.

Mav,

Concerned Work at Home Person Nov 05, 2008

RobinDee...

One of two - ? ways they can get your info. One you go to their site and join or click a link from your e-mail and join because it sounds good or says free. Also the offers to get a free Computer or Trip if you fill out 3 offers listed below on the site it takes you to, like for Example you click the link it takes you to a site you fill in your info and for only shipping and handling, most the time 1.95 to 13.95 and fillout 3 offers from Carmax, Netflix stuff like that. Sounds good because you get a big prize just for filling out a application for other products. Also make sure you have Internet Security Software running at all times. Like Norton or ? Stops Hacker from getting your Credit info off your computer. They like to buy stuff on line. Be safe

Mav