Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]Mortgage refinancing

S Oct 18, 2020

Fatima, this is Steven W. Daily. Please let me get right to the point. This fiasco started on June 6th 2020 at which time I was working with Anthony L. Williams. After a period of time, Christine Hay became my contact. We had telephone conversations and traded emails. She led me to believe that after 4 MONTHS I would hear from the closing team and we could put an end to this. Anthony gave me a closing date of October 9th 2020 in writing. That date has come and gone and now I have a new loan Processor.
There are 2 things I want to know: was my loan application approved and when is the closing. Your company is far beyond professionalism. I'm a decorated veteran who served my country. I don't expect any special treatment but I would like the respect due from an organization who claims they are here for my brothers and sisters in arms.
Take a few days and review my application, review the emails and telephone conversations. Please do not call me with reasons why this thing is going on 5 months. If Navy Federal is not capable of taking loan applications and processing them to closing, you should not have taken my application in the 1st place.

• Mr
    Mrs.EC Mar 25, 2021

So we applied for our refinance with Navy Federal in September of 2020, we had all documents submitted and was approved. We were waiting on our appraisal and termite inspection and on Friday of Last week March 19th received a denial from them stating "incomplete application and UNABLE to verify income" Mind you we submitted all of these items MONTHS ago and were approved pending appraisal and termite inspection. My last correspondance was from a "NEW " processor who said they had to re run our credit report because it had been so long. I did not receive any requests for any other documentation. I have reached out multiple times to them with no reply. This has been a horrible experience and if you can steer clear I would. I have contacted them again today to see if I can get a response to what the heck is going on. NFCU seems incapable of handling mortgages.

• Mr
    Mrs.EC Mar 25, 2021

@Mrs.EC I should add the New credit report was run in JANUARY. Letter was dated March 11th.

• Ke
    Ken Russell Feb 03, 2021

I am on day 134 on a refi that NFCU holds the original mortgage. Working with 3rd processor. Been with NFCU since 1979 and I have perfect credit. Got a Line of Credit last year with them for which I paid for an appraisal, value of home $200, 000 over what I was asking for. So they waved the appraisal. When I thought it was ready to go to closing Underwriters wanted an appraisal. They sent me a copy of the new one last week. Still $200, 000 over what I'm asking for. I can not get the processor to call me back with the current status. Just called the Mortgage number and was told they don't have the details but will post a communication request and a Supervisor or someone will call me back. Not holding my breath. Currently a Real Estate Broker and a lot of Lenders want my business. I've always liked NFCU but that is fading.
    Ken Russell, LCDR, USN, Ret

• Ke
    Ken Russell Feb 18, 2021

@Ken Russell Now Day 148. Got the Call from a Supervisor on Monday 2/8. Was told they had everything and she was sending it to Underwrites for final review and to get a "Clear to Close" Got my hopes up. Tuesday 2/16 got a call from a new processor (#4) She wanted to go over some items that were cleared up 3 months ago. I ask her to look in the file. She said she was going to order a final pay off and send it for final review and to get a "Clear to Close" I said "Again?"

• Na
    Nate Jackson Dec 17, 2020

My refi app is 96 days and I still do not get replies from my processor. Neighbors have closed with Quicken in 50 days. NFCU has a bunch of people who cannot perform their jobs.