Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Logo

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]

Having problems with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]?

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 24, 2006. The latest review This is the USA if .... was posted on Apr 26, 2021. The latest complaint Horrible bank! was resolved on Oct 30, 2013. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 156 reviews. Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] has resolved 40 complaints.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 842 6328 (Member Service - Domestic)
+1 703 255 8837 (Member Service - International)
Navy Federal, PO Box 3000
Merrifield, Virginia
United States - VA22119-3000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Customer Service. Initial Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU]. Discuss the issues you have had with Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Navy Federal Credit Union [NFCU] Complaints & Reviews

Navy Federal Credit UnionForcing a veteran into bankruptcy

Long story short, we are in the middle of a short sale. Our credit has been impeccable until now. What forced us into this was an auto accident injured my neck and re-injured by back and I was not able to work my second job anymore.

We have a 5 year interest only arm and navy federal credit union is our 2nd lien holder. The first lien holder understood the situation after displaying our monthly expenses and approved the short sale. Navy federal credit union said we could afford to pay essentially 50% of it over 15 years at .01% interest. After moving into another home this monthly amount would force us close to what we paid before the short sale. I told them that we could try to pay this. Then they changed their mind and said we need to pay the full amount, approx $60, 000 over 15 years at .01%. I mentioned that this would force us into bankruptcy in a few months. Particularly when my our second child (Due in 4 months) starts daycare.

Despite all efforts to show a flawless credit history, to show that we had lost significant income due to the accident, that we even maxed out our credit cards on daily expenses to make payments to our mortgages and utilities on time... It still did not matter. I tried to explain that we will be forced to file bankruptcy once our second child is in daycare if they continue to force us to pay such an astronomical amount a month. I even mentioned that I asked for underwear for christmas to save money and I can not see how we could pay an additional $340 a month (Even closer to what our mortgage was before the short sale).

None of this phased them. So now we are agreeing to the short sale and agreeing to pay the amount of $340 a month. And once our child is born and we incur another $800 expense in a few months... We will file bankruptcy.

Way to take care of your navy veterans!

4 years ago my wife and I purchased a home. My income was based on the two jobs I worked. Three years into paying everything on time and I was in an auto accident which prevented me from working my second job. We continued to pay on time by using our credit cards to pay for daily expenses. When the credit cards were getting maxed we started contacting our 1st lien holder (80/20 loan, interest only arm) to take advantage of the plans obama had made. Nothing had been put in place. Two more months went by and we getting close to the limits on our credit cards and we tried again with our 1st lien holder and nothing still had not been set so that citizens could take advantage of the programs obama put out. Another month went by and we finally caved to the only option we had... A short sale.

Navy federal credit union was our second lien holder

• 67
      67119976 Apr 21, 2010

Also Navy Federal will never forget the bankruptcy either, I had one 13 years ago and they took maybe a $2000 loss and I still can't use my account like any other bank, when they right it off you might a well right them off as well. because they will and do hold a grudge.

• Sw
      Swanse Feb 19, 2010

We are in the same boat. We have had very little contact from Navy Federal Credit Union. It's almost like they are arrogant. But they about to lose 85K when we file bankruptcy and they get pennies on the dollar, if that. Good going Navy freaking Federal Credit Corporation. I have dealt with Keisha High who is totally useless and has the nerve to take offense to the fact we request a short sale. If she is assigned your processor, good luck to you.

Navy Federal Credit UnionRefinance

Nfcu's refinance promises are not being carried out. I applied for a refinance of an nfcu mortgage which would have lowered my monthly payments $400 (Nearly 25%) , but was rejected because of "inadequate income", despite being current on the mortgage at the higher payment. The rejection was despite fico scores over 800, liquid assets exceeding the amount of the mortgage and a loan to equity ratio under 60%. Because of the reason nfcu gave for my rejection, I applied under the federal home affordability program that has a stated goal of reducing mortgage payments to 31% of income. Nfcu rejected that application because they claimed I have "too much equity" in the property. The comments from nfcu president cutler dawson and vp for lending jack gafney about nfcu's willingness to help its members are not supported by the actions of the loan committee. If you want to refinance, save yourself time and effort (And the $250 fee) and take your business elsewhere. After 30 years as an nfcu member i'm looking for another place to put my money.

• Md
        M.D.80 Mar 06, 2012

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE MORTGAGE LOAN DEPARTMENT. I WOULD BE ASHAMED OF MYSELF IF WORKED THERE. THEY CONSTANTLY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING. "YOUR LOAN SHOULD CLOSE ANY DAY NOW, WE HAVE ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK." 5 MONTHS OF THE SAME B.S. THEY CONSTANTLY LOSE YOUR PAPERWORK, AND KEEP ASKING FOR YOU FOR IT AGAIN! THEN, THEY KEEP PASSING YOUR LOAN TO DIFFERENT LOAN PROCESSORS AND YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER WITH THEM.

• Al
        alloura Dannon Oct 01, 2010

AWESOME!! GOOD FOR YOU! I am doing the same thing!! Just say "NO" to NFCU!!

• Al
        alloura Dannon Oct 01, 2010

Yup! Good for you! I would NEVER use NFCU for any loan purposes. We currently have a home loan with them (what a joke - the whole mortgage department is unprofessional and rude!). We plan on refinancing with another lender asap!
        p.s. NFCU is supposed to be this 'great' credit union for Veterans and Military personnel? In my opinion, they treat their members almost as poorly as the Veterans of the Vietnam war were treated after returning from Nam.

• Cb
        C.Bella Sep 13, 2010

My experience was the same. Great credit, applied to refinance, and was rejected, yet met all of the criteria. I requested reconsideration a year and a half ago, and never received a response. I have used NFCU for 30 years, and will take my business elsewhere.

• Qu
        QUITBITCHING Jun 10, 2009

All rates state as low as... that doesn't mean you are perfect and will get that rate... and every institution that posts rates does the same thing becuase with so many different factors there is no way to tell you what your rate will be without submitting your request.

• Dc
        DCMAXX Apr 07, 2009

Refinancing online with NFCU is BAIT & SWITCH. First they show you low rates on the website. Say that they are based on 80% LTV rates then when you attempt to get one of those advertised 'as low as' rates, they then tell you your not qualified because they index all their rates to be 60% LTV (loan to value ) . So despite the fact you have R-1 credit a 780 FICO score and a decent job (documented) that has not laid you off in 23 years (Healthcare) They NFCU still want to play games. We tried twice to apply with them. Gave them full documentation and everything. the best they would go for is 5.12% rate even though 4.625 is ADVERTISED on their website.

The Department of Justice & HUD need to look into their practices, I did not withdraw my application, the loan officer nor his boss as he said it was would meet or beat the going rate with SUNTRUST, or BBT.

Going to leave NFCU and all their BS. I see now why the BBB at (www.bbb.org) has a poor rating on their mortgage division. That and I am a 25 year member of NFCU. Something is definitely wrong in the way they
        approve loans now. Oh..BTW we have more then 50% equity in the house & we are doing a Refi of an existing NFCU Home Equity Loan. They don't want to lower our payment rate.. too bad another company already has lined up to take your place.

Navy Federal Credit Union — Mortgage line of credit

I have been a nfcu customer for almost 20 years and up to this point had been very satisfied. Due to the...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Poor customer service

I have been a member of navy federal credit union for over 18 years. For these years I have noticed that...

Navy Federal Credit UnionWithdraws without my permsission

My problems began with navy federal last year after I got out after many years of honorable service in the military. I have two credit cards with navy federal. Being out of work I was unable to make the high minimum payments. So I spoke with a navy federal rep and arranged payments with navy federal. The minimum payment was adjusted and I set up a payment plan. A few months went by and I started receiving the phone calls. 3 times a day, 4 times a day and sometimes as high as 8 times a day. I even received on at 9 oclock at night. I was told I was behind on my payments. I explained I had set up payment plans. They told me there was no record of me setting up a payment plan. So, once again I set up another payment plan. Once again time went by and I started getting the phone calls again. Once again I was told there was no record of me setting up a payment plan. Once again I spoke with a representative. I told them what had been happening and I would not set up any payment plan until I received something in writing. So we agreed to 100 a week, and she told me that would start once I signed the paperwork. A few days went by and over 500 was withdrawn from a bank of america account of mine by navy federal. Nowhere in my conversation was this amount mentioned, at no time did I give anyone permission to withdraw money from this account. I filed a complaint with the national credit union association. After some time the 500+ was returned to me. Which than put my credit card back in the red. Now I have made up my mind that I will never speak with them on the phone again and I surely wont call them. I just mail them 100 a week. It is all I can afford. The credit card continues to stay in the red, but there is nothing else I can do. Worst bank I have dealt with in my entire life. My credit is destroyed due the nonsense I have gone through with them.

• Xi
          Xion sparks Jun 26, 2011

I agree 1, 000 time to them we are just #’s, they can close your account without any notice and send you a letter from the collection department two week later even thought you never have one late payment and been with them for over 15 to 20 years.

• Up
          Upset Banker May 31, 2011

I agree I just started an account with this bank they are just the dumbest. Mrs. Brooke Contact center and the supervisor Mrs. buckholtz from NFCU is the dumbest CSR that I have ever worked with. I think they should really fire these folks and give people that want a real job that knows what they are hired for to work for them. And another thing don't try to complain through the website because it is the same people you are talking to on the 800 number so they are just as stupid and rude coming back with explanations that just favor them.
          I walk into my branch and deposit $200 and then later that night I transfer from my checking to my savings $100 which I saw the deposit on the screen and showed the amount available. The same day NFCU goes into my savings and transfers the money back to my checking to cover the transfer...WHAT IDIOTS! I call and their excuse is that they are on eastern time so even though we deposited the money and it showed available on the our internet account it does not fund out till the next business day because of them being on the East Coast. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard! If it shows in my account as available money that clearly means it is available to transfer. If it did not show on my account then there would be no way that I could transfer the money. I hope this people understand without the members there will be no jobs! NFCU there are plenty of Credit Unions out there to assist the military and will do so if they see for a minute that you are losing the customers loyalty. It is horrible to see your Phone Reps take for granted their jobs and speak to their members as if we OWE them something. NOT!

• Cm
          cmj07 Dec 06, 2010

I am in agreement with your concers from the call center I recieve 8-15 calls a day they become rude and basically call you a liar when you tell them you have made payment arrangements already their comment is always the same well we dont have a record of it. I have 2 credit cards and auto loan I use to send my pay checks direct deposit to nfcu untill recently they were always pulling money out of mychecking account or flagging my account so when my electronic payments or checks would be posted the would be insifficient and returned for non payment so then I have the bank fees and the vendor fees which always has kept me in the red then they threaten to repo my car cause my credit cards are late

kozaru Dec 28, 2009

Heath:

From my experience the NFCU call center is a taxpayer-subsidized source of harassment. When I say "taxpayer subsidized", I am alluding to the fact that the local government paid NFCU quite a bit of taxpayer money to build their call center.

So, basically you are broke and have no money, but local governments have money to spend on call centers where they can call and harass you 7 or 8 time a day.

Source: http://www.siteselection.com/ssinsider/pwatch/pw030127.htm

Navy Federal Credit UnionUnfair collection practices

I have been a faithful customer of navy federal credit union since I finished boot camp seven years ago. Upon leaving the military, I found civilian life to be difficult. After being laid off in january 2009, I had a difficult time paying my bills. I worked out a plan with navy federal to consolidate my bills. I agreed but after a few weeks, I found myself having trouble making the payments. I let them know of the situation and tried to work things out.In august 2009 I decided to hire a bankruptcy lawyer and had him fully retained by september 2009. I let navy federal know that I was filing bankruptcy and the calls stopped for about a week and started up again. After repeatedly telling several collections agents from navy federal credit union that I am in the process of filing bankruptcy and giving them my lawyer's information, navy federal continued to contact me. I wrote them two letters stating that any communication regarding my accounts must now be directed to my lawyer, as I had stated in our phone calls. Not only do they continue to contact me, but they have also sent written communications regarding my debts to several family members and have contacted other family members by phone. I have asked them to stop contacting my family regarding this debt on several occassions. They sent a representative to repossess my motorcylce and harassed my 11-year old daughter who was home alone at the time. The man looked through my front window when no one answered the door and saw my daughter and insistently motioned for her to open the door. When she did, he stated that he needed to speak to an adult and she told him that one was not available. His tone turned belligerent and he insisted that she try to call someone because he needed to repossess her dad's motorcyle. As soon as he walked away, my daughter hid in her room because she was so scared of the man and the way he had spoken to her. The latest phone call received from navy federal was december 5, 2009 at 8:45am in which the agent said that they will look into garnishing my wages, repossessing my motorcycle and possibly my truck even though the title of my truck does not list navy federal as a lienholder. I told the representative about the bankruptcy and to contact my lawyer but she was indifferent to the information.

• Ny
            NYQUIL Oct 24, 2010

Kozaru:

You mention NFCU losing a case related to bankruptcy. Do you know when and where that case was filed or the case number? Thanks in advance. NYQUIL762

kozaru Dec 23, 2009

Navy Federal lost a pretty big bankruptcy case a little while ago and had to pay damages to a member they harassed. Once you get your case number you attorney should go after them hard and fast for every time they contact or threaten you.

• Jg
            JGates Dec 08, 2009

Hi Maggie, Thanks for your comment. We referred NFCU to our attorney each time they have called, but they still continue to call us and each time a different rep speaks with us, they take down the name and number again and again. The attorney is going to file legal stays on the accounts as soon as we get a case number so hopefully it will stop the phone calls. Thanks again for reading our complaint.

Navy Federal Credit UnionCustomer service

This is by far the worst branch nf has. The managers christina and nicole are lazy and incompedent. The lines are always out the door. And when you have an issue they will not come out to acknowledge it. I was standing in line as usual and saw nicole curse at another employee in front of atleast 30 customers. I couldnt even get christina the manager out to acknowledge a loan issue on my application. She told the msr to tell me that she would call me back. She never did. Ive been here for 2 years and they have had atleast 25 employees come thru there. There are prob 2 employees in that whole branch that know what is going on. There is a serious leadership and possibly an eeo issue in that branch that needs to be addressed. The management is horrible.

• On
              onepissedcustomer Mar 10, 2010

This NFCU Customer service is the worst customer service people that I have delt with. They are so bad that there is not A word in the world that would fit them besides rude ###. You have to consider the fact it is runned by a bunch of retared retired people from the military and cilivans as well. I have been with NFCU for well over 20 plus years and the treat everyone that I know and don't know like crap. Like others say they don't care anymore. NFCU does rate number 1 in worst customer service.

kozaru Dec 23, 2009

I'm done with them as well. Paid my debts and moved to a better CU.

• Co
              Cochisebb64 Nov 23, 2009

I'm done with NFCU, they become terrible with the way they do business!!!

Navy Federal Credit Union — Erroneous withdrawal from my account

Navy Federal Credit Union withdrew money from my account without notification because I was a joint owner of...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Vehicle repo

Due to financial hardships I got behind on my vehicle lease with navy federal. I made arrangements with them...

Navy Federal Credit UnionIncompetent service, non-resonsive company

Nfcu mortgage default division has not communicated with us consistently and the service representatives have been extremely rude and non-responsive. My husband was laid off in june 2009 and nfcu has refused to work with us on our payments, they say because we had already modified the loan in 2008. We did modify in 2008 because I was out of work for over 2 years. Then I finally found a job, and my husband was laid off.

We contacted navy federal in may 2009 to see if we could 'short' sale the house to ourselves. Our thought was & ldquo;why should a stranger get a & lsquo;deal’ on our house and we lose our home in the process”. Three months after asking them the question, we could not get them to respond. Finally, after many phone calls and emails, a representative responded (After we called them, yet again) by saying that we could not 'short' sale the house to ourselves, and also, could not get another loan modification because we had one the previous year.In other words, our hard work and money already put into our home would only benefit a stranger (Who has never put an ounce of sweat equity into building our home). And they would get approximately 50% off the original home price.
            This complaint is to let other know of our experience with navy federal credit union, and to give our opinion that they are incompetent and that we recommend not using them for any financial needs!!

Max345 Feb 19, 2010

I have been reading similar experiences with NFCU for a long time. I've heard from so many people being jerked around and lied to by their mortgage collections department, then losing their homes because NFCU will not work with them. Unfortunately, I've been having the same experience with them, trying to get my own loan modification worked out over the last ten months. You have to call them repeatedly, and get different answers every time. I'm just sorry to see so many families losing their homes because of Navy Federal.

Navy Federal Credit UnionBad service

Navy fcu is one of the worst banks I have ever placed my money in. They are extremely rude and have no concept of customer service. My first issue arose when we applied for a mortgage. They assigned me to a loan officer in a completely different state. The loan officer was never in her office. I called constantly to try and talk to her and ask questions and never received a call back. I finally gave one last attempt after a month of this, and she was in her office so they placed me on hold for 30 minutes. The line got disconnected and when I tried to call back the office was closed. So I called the corporate office to file a complaint, and they told me I would have to wait until the next day when that office was open again. I cancelled my request for a mortgage loan due to the fact that I would not trust a sum of that much money with someone I can't even get a hold of. My second issue arose when I was checking our account online and our balance showed a large amount more than what I had written in my check book. I checked again the next day and again it was different but this time much less than what I had recorded. Again, the next day I checked our account and it was back to a larger sum than what I had recorded. I cannot trust what they have on the computer, it is inadequate and probably why a lot of people warned me not to open an account with navy federal credit union. Navy federal has horrible service and absolutely no organization skills.

• Vr
                  vrich91 Feb 10, 2011

I got a negative balance in my account because i got scammed, but if the sorry employee (female) who work at the branch off of western blvd beside redlobster and first citizen bank would have done her job correctly i wouldnt be in a negative. I sell avon and thats how the entire thing started. Anyways, the scammer sent me two more checks just because he/she thought i didnt know it was a fake but i received the fake checks through fedex and i took those checks bakc up to the same branch to two differnet women who automatically noticed that the checks were fake and they apologized for the other ladys mistake im like really though its not yall fault but if she had done her job the right way she would have noticed the checks were fake i didnt know it but she should have she works at the bank the other ladys said she should have noticed by touch, feel, and site that the checks were fake and i feel as though i shouldnt be held accountable for their mistakes and i hope i can get a law suit on that branch for their mistake

• Lo
                  lorisprog Sep 09, 2009

You are very lucky that you didn't get a mortgage loan with NFCU. We have one with them, and are unable to get any kind of real communication concerning issues and have had to deal with uncommunicative "service" reps. As soon as we are financially able, we will be going with another lender to refinance, and will not use NFCU for anything again! I have been a member for over 25 years, so that says something about their recent 'style' of conducting business.

Navy Federal Credit Union — Fair credit reporting act violators

This is just a suggestion from personal experience I would never bank with navy federal credit union they are...

Navy Federal Credit UnionChecking/savings accounts unauthorized assessments to account

I've had navy federal for the past two years and their inaddiquate system never fails to amaze me. I am very careful about my account and my spending and once again for the millionth time they have re assessed and moved money around in my accounts to cover some fee or bad transaction that doesn't show up on my account! And when you call them they can't tell you much besides well you account was re accessed to cover an outstanding balance or something along those lines. If you have an option to use another bank i'd suggest you do so. Just not b of a either. I swear i'm taking all my money out of all the accounts and just being done with it.

• Co
                    Cochisebb64 Nov 23, 2009

I'm leaving Navy Federal because the way they do business is downright inexcusable. I've been with them for 21 years and ahve always made payments with them on time, but yet they can raise my interest rates because of the economic conditions. Ever since i refinanced my home with another company for lower interest rate, they have turned their back on me. I have no debt with them and i'm glad...so long Navy Federal!!!

• It
                    it1glsharp Sep 30, 2009

I agree, and I wish I would have read your story 6 months ago and the other ones I have read tonight. It is just amazing what this bank and many other ones have done. I think I am going to move my money to a small town bank. I have Bank of America military bank. I had a lot of problems with them many many months ago, but I guess they got a lot of complaints, and seem to be better right now. But I am still going to look into a small bank and put my money there.

kozaru Aug 01, 2009

I had similar issues, along with the fees being backdated and causing even more fees. This is how they make their money. Their multimillion dollar ad campaigns for more members don't pay for themselves, you know. The fees you and I paid help fuel NFCU's growth, when they can't even support their current membership load (try going to a branch and time how long you wait in line).

Interesting that a "non-profit" entity (that you and I are part-owners of) need to assess fees like this in the first place, let alone the shifty practices of transferring funds automatically and causing the fees to occur.

I found a local credit union and haven't looked back since.

Navy Federal Credit Union — Backdated overdraft fees cause more overdraft fees

Navy federal has gone from a "member-first" philosophy to a "cover-our-###" paradigm in the past few year...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Didn't send me my money when they closed my account

In [protected] I was station in camp lejune nc. I was active duty marine I left got out in july 17 1989 my...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Ira bait and switch

I received a mailed notice that my ira was going to mature in april. I called nfcu after receiving a written...

Navy Federal Credit UnionCourtesy

Mr. Cooper (collections sup) [protected]

He was rude, disrepectful, and not willing to resolve the issue at with waiving "some late fee"--not all...The last fees were accessed due to my allotment being set up 10 days after the payment was actually due. No one ever explained this to me. In fact, when I would call the reps at the 1800 # they stated that I had nothing to worry about if a payment was coming out, and the messages were automated. Little did I know late fee were being accessed.Mr. Cooper was impatient and did not want to listen and stated that he will not waive ANY fees on a courtesy basis..I wished him a great day. Mr. Cooper did not keep his cool and got frustrated and let his unprofessionalism come out, even though I was calm, and assertive.
                  Navy Federal Serve Your Service MEmebers!!NOW!!
                  Lesson: Some folks dont respect themselves enough to respect others.

kozaru Jun 12, 2009

There is a reason that the Better Business Bureau rates NFCU an "F". There are other credit unions out there that deserve your business much more than Navy Federal.

• Qu
                      QUITBITCHING Jun 10, 2009

Ok so maybe some inconsistent information was given but you did agree to a due date when you accepted the loan you applied for and if you chose to pay that late every month you should be willing to take some of that responsibility. Customer service is there to assist not handle your finances for you. You have statements, online access and 24/7 phone access. If you were given incorrect info and recieved your statement or monitored your accounts you would have caught it before there were "feeS" and maybe had better luck getting it waived-which means it comes out of our pocket-those fees pay those collections agents that are hired because of those people who can't pay on time. I strungle as well but I know what my bills are and make sure they are paid on time or before the due date because with 30 days in a month I know I have to pay it at sometime and if my bill is due on the 10th and I get paid on the 5th and 19th- I pay it on the 5th; it's not going to be cheaper on the 19th. It's simple sense.

• Bj
                      bjd May 14, 2009

At this point in my life based on the level of service and inconsistency among the different departments I would rather do business with a loan shark. You guys are awful, terrible, careless and unappreciative of your members faithful service. You truly should be ashamed of the business you are operating and I believe that if it continues you will self implode.

• Pe
                      Pedro77 Apr 16, 2009

you said it :Lesson--Pay more attention to your statements and make navy fed reps resolve issues asap...

Navy Federal Credit UnionUnprofessional supervisor

I've never had to much of a problem with them before, but I encountered one today (i was usuing the 800 number to try to get info on my title so I could register my car in fl). let me just say that they were highly unprofessional and rude. because of my bankruptcy (suddenly being single and having to handle all the bills of a household, raising a new baby with no help financially, etc - not from being irresponsible and blowing my money on stupid stuff) they said "why should we help you" and "you owe us money" (uhm its written off)... exact words, wish I would have been able to record them. the "lady" was a supervisor and if I remember correctly her name was sherry, cheryl, or something similiar to that. if they could have just faxed it to the dmv that would have been perfectly fine and acceptable with me, but they refuse to do even that... why? the dmv said that if they would even write something on company letterhead stating that they are not relaeasing the title to me, and why, that they would even accept that. nfcu wasnt even willing to sign a piece of paper saying they are unwilling to help or compromise in any way. I can understand it they didn't want to give me the title, that's fine. they said if the dmv got a hold of them that maybe they'd think about it then. its assanine (spelling?). so much for customer service. I wrote the ceo last night and am sending it off otday. so thats my thought on nfcu now, don't use them if you have an option.

anon3636 Mar 03, 2011

Quite honestly, you are lucky that the collateral was not repossessed. You are also very lucky that you did not end up at the receiving end of some potentially ruinous legal action. You don't deserve the title, because you do not own the title to the car, truck, snowmobile, or whatever it is that you bought. You do not own it, and you never have.

You agreed to borrow money to make a purchase that you could not afford on your own. NFCU provided you with the funds you needed to finance that purchase. You were provided with a promissory note outlining NFCU's responsibilities to you, and yours to return NFCU's funds. Obviously, they lived up to their end of the bargain, and since it was "written off, " you apparently did not live up to yours. The funds that you never paid back haven't just cut into a profit margin in some corporate entity. Credit Unions are not-for-profit institutions that do not have shareholders. They have members--and that includes everyone that has an account there. Minus the operating costs, all "profits" go back into the membership--improving rates and services. Legally speaking, they must for NFCU to retain its status as a credit union.

It is because of people like you, that folks that actually pay their bills may experience a possible increase in their loan own rates, a decrease in dividends paid on accounts, or additional fee that has to be instituted to recover lost funds. You don't deserve that title. And frankly, you don't deserve good customer service, because you would actually have to be a customer to get "good customer service."

You don't pay your bills, and feel no guilt for not doing so and that means you really aren't much but a thief that just got away with stealing a car. I hope you never get that title.

• Ca
                        californiaguy1 Jun 21, 2010

I have always had problems with NAVY FEDERAL ever since i joined the NAVY and left! They have recently sent letters wanted to close my account and WITHOUT my consent took money out of my account. After speaking to a supervisor which they sent to collections... UNBELIEVABLE. This is the most UNACCEPTABLE thing i've dealt with. They want MORE money saying I owe them from a few years ago... it's just another GREED.

• Nf
                        nfcu f edd Dec 29, 2009

This credit union is outsourcing there customer care to a collection agent in GA. That so called supervisor Sherry works in the pensocola office. I have her home address and car/reg info, anyone want to come for a ride and give her a little lesson on proper servicing of good customers, yes my dear, someone know who you are, where you live and might just show up some day and have a little sit down and expalin to you what it is like to loose something, like your job. Maybe if some asks in a niced way she will return the favor in a nice way with a nice steamer of a JOB! Open wide and remeber to swallow all of it!

• It
                        it1glsharp Sep 30, 2009

Yes her name is Sherry and they are all very rude. I have talked to alot of them. I had one lady, and all she wanted to do was interrupt me at every chance she got. I finally exploded on her and told her she need to go back to customer service school. Then she did it again so I hung up. They will never get it there. Take your money out and go somewhere else.

• Ty
                        tyvixen Apr 16, 2009

I did have the DMV contact them. The main message of this conplaint was of the unprofesionalism and rudeness of the employee. If you could read into the context of a message instead of just being argumentative you would have seen that. Yes I felt bad about filing a bankruptcy, but if I had money to "work it out" in any way do you really think I would have needed to file the bankruptcy in the first place? Common sense please. By the way, if you have a bankruptcy (cause for some reason one day you had nothing better to do than file one) its illegal for the debtee to harass you. Look it up if you don't believe me. Sounds to me like you may work for them also. I dont owe you or her PERSONALLY any money, don't don't go getting your panties in a bunch over something that doesn't concern you. This was to let other people know about the bad customer service I recieved (and I've worked C.S. before and know how you conduct yourself with a customer). That's all.

• Pe
                        Pedro77 Apr 16, 2009

Why would they give YOU something if you won't give them anything??? They trusted you and leant u money and now u are not even paying them back. They even wrote off the loan! That means that NFCU paid for it out of their own pockets! Maybe you should try to prove yourself by working out some type of pymnt plan. I understand it's difficult when you are in the situation you are in...and I know u are not blowing ur money on stupid things...but we don't get a free ride just because of financial hardship. We just have to deal with it and move on in any way we can. So maybe you should have the DMV contact NFCU and see how that works out.

Navy Federal Credit Union — Overcharged

Navy federal paid some checks my son had inadvertently bounced just before he lost his job, and as expected...

Navy Federal Credit Union — Customer commitment

Here's my letter to the board of directors, ceo, and vp of real estate lending that for some reason think I...