Nationstar Mortgagebounced check

R

On February23, I received a letter from nationstar mortgage, it was a check for 677. And some change for overpaying in escrow and I went to my bank and deposited the check into my checking account and then on February 26, 2016 I called my bank, to get a balance and they told my I was in overdraft and I was furious, because they said that the check had bounced, we are in bankruptcy and they send us a check and now we are in overdraft because they gave us a bad check. We are going to let our lawyer know about this and action will be taken...

That is not right.

Reuben James Lara

• Vw
    vwhitney Mar 04, 2016

This seems to be a practice of theirs. I received a check for just over 4500.00 yesterday, called them to see what it was for and got a run around they told me because my case was in litigation (it is not) they could not discuss it with me. This debt was part of a bankruptcy in 2009 and I have not lived in the property since 2010.
    I am a very tenacious person and refused to be put off like that, insisted on talking with someone that could discuss it with me and was told I would get a call from one of their attorneys shortly. Call did not come - I waited about an hour and called back. I asked them what kind of a game they were playing, what they thought they could gain by doing this? This time I was able to talk to the supervisors manager and he told me it was just an "error" and that I should not cash the check, that I would receive a letter in a day or two explaining fully what had happened. I am not holding my breath waiting for that letter. '
    Now I see this is some kind of a pattern with them.. Now I just need to figure out what their reason for it is. At least I did not deposit it and by doing so give them access to my banking information.