National Recovery Agencyunauthorized charges

M

National Recovery filed an erroneous $98.00 charge on my credit report for West Bay Aquisitions which I have never heard of or done business with. I have seen others on this iste with the same complaint. They offer no phone number or fax for contact.

• Tr
    Trinity Baines Oct 21, 2018

They keep calling and disconnecting. When I answer. When I call back they wont tell me why they are calling and hang up on me.

• Ro
    Robin Aug 26, 2016

I was contacted about a $116 debt. After speaking with a manager I found out that the company had my correct name and phone number, but the wrong address and last 4-digits of the social security number. Because the last 4-digits of the social security number did not match mine they would not give me the name of the company so I could call and clear the manner up. They also stated that since the address and the last 4-digits of my social security number did not match I was the wrong person not to worry my phone number would be taken out of the database as a connection to this debit. Now I find the false information on my credit report a month later.

• Ib
    Ibin Misled Jul 22, 2016

The NRA sent me am email in support of Thad Cochran to retain his seat in the US Senate representing MISSISSIPPI .. The MRA touted him as a stern supporter of the second amendment which he IS NOT ..
    He as of yesterday sold his support to gun grabber Michael Blumberg for a $250, 000 donation to his campaign. Explain that NRA??? I wouldn't vote for that SOB if he was running for dog catcher.. And I am considering canceling my NRA membership!!!

• Re
    Reviewer91958 Nov 24, 2015

I keep receiving call from them about a debt I do not have. They are rude and hang up. They are now calling my family members. How can these people be stopped for operating a scam

• Re
    Reviewer60077 Oct 03, 2015

They call but wont tell me who this debt is to. Only tell me that it was from 2008ntil they tell mewho it is for 26.94. I'm not going to pay it until they can tell me who it is for. If it was legitimate fine but no one has ever called or contacted me in all these years and I have been here for 40 years.

• Mo
    moes77 Oct 22, 2014

Always ask for an accounting of said debt. Till they do so ( In Alberta at least), tcollection agencies must cease all collection activity. They are also only allowed to telephone 3 times ( unsolicited) in a 7 day period, and only between 7am. and 10 pm. Alberta has a "Fair Trading Act". Be sure you find out what the law is where you live. File a complaint against the company if they are breaking the laws and so lose their license.Columbia House once bothered us for a long time . We had purchased the last DVD to finish our obligation, but they seem to have lost a record of us doing so. File your receipts and cheques, etc. where you can FIND them ( not in a grocery bag or unmarked shoe box eg.)!

• Ju
    Justiceeee Jul 31, 2013

Write a letter to your local District Attorney’s Office. CC a copy to the Federal Bureau of Communications since they are using the phone to run the scam. In addition cc a copy to the Federal Bureau of investigations, Consumer affairs, and the consumer protection board of your state, the better Business Bureau and your local legislator. One letter CC to each entity. This way they will get a barrage of inquiries from different government agencies that they will need to answer. if nothing else it leaves a paper trail of complaints and puts them on the radar/ Then write a letter to your credit reporting agencies making them aware of the scam and tell them you have been a victim of fraud. They will investigate as well. Then ask to have the negative information removed from your file. Paper trails are the last thing these crooks want leading to their front doors. They prey upon people with the assumption that more than half will not take the time to write the letters. It is time to give them a run for their money and put the spotlight on them. Especially now that so many law enforcements agencies are cracking down more and more on scams. Make sue to include times, dates and people you spoke to in the letter also.

• Pu
    pupshor Jul 19, 2011

Every state has a sol when that time is up there is NO way any collection agency can collect on that debt!! So Mr ex debt collector, NO you cannot collect up until that person dies, PLZZZZZZZ learn the law!!

• Ba
    BATTLEWAGON Jun 12, 2011

To the BONEHEAD collection agency poster children and their glowing testimonials of their industry(YOU JUST DON'T GET IT, DO YOU ?) the issue here is not if people are paying their bills, it's the harrassement and breaking of FEDERAL LAW.
    I started a lawsuit with a collection agency because I have been harrassed by phone for realatives that owe debt of whom I have no association with, at times they call over and over asking for differents persons unknown to me. I believe they carry out phishing scams.
    TO EVERYONE CONTACT THE FTC AND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, EVERYTIME i GET HASSLED, ii FILE, i GET PAID !

• Ba
    BATTLEWAGON Jun 11, 2011

Hey suzydebtcollector,
    LIAR !!!
    Why are you trolling here ? Are you on a break from the boiler room ?

• Ik
    I Know That's Right Apr 26, 2011

It's funny that people want to complane about being harassed by debt collectors. Some of the complants are granted but one way to avoid the harassment is pay your bills and you want get harassed. Don't buy things or get things you don't need. People borrow money and get services for things and then complane when they have to pay it back. How do you feel if you let somone borrow money or provided a service for them and they didn't pay you, im pritty sure you would be a bit upset by it. Just like the debtor the person who provided the service has bills to pay too. So people should think twice before complaning about haveing to pay their bills.

• Ly
    lynnElou Mar 23, 2011

Thank you all for these posts. I receieved a phone call last night that left a voicemail using my name saying it was an attempt to collect a debt. My only debt should be my current student loans and 2 disputed medical collections items from when I was a minor that recently showed up on my credit reports. They left the name of David Ross (or Rose?) with Nations Recovery Center. He said it was "a very managable debt" and that my "assistance is required to resolve this issue". He left the number to call back as [protected]-1139x3033. I'm not sure if I want to call him! I just printed my free credit reports for the year and didn't see anything negative (especially related to this company) except those 2 disputed medical charges. I've seen the posts on here about music companies (never used one) and student loans (mine are current). I've never received mail from them and I don't answer phone numbers I don't know. I received 4 phone calls yesterday from a number with an 803 area code that only left one message (right before 9pm last night) that was this David from NRC. I think I will proceed with extreme caution on this issue...but seeing that they've called me twice this morning, right at 8am and again at 10:30am, and left no message, I don't think the calls will end. I pay my debts and if they provide proof this is a valid debt, I will pay it to the original creditor only - thanks again for all of the advice. I'm glad I looked up this company. I recently had issues with NCO Financial trying to collect on a debt that wasn't mine, so watch out for that company, too!

• Vi
    victimofgreed Mar 21, 2011

Ivy Tech turned over a debt to National Recovery and they tacked on 33%! Blood Sucking Pigs. Where's the law?

• Lo
    lolola Mar 04, 2011

Hi, I want to report this going on right now. I am deaf and someone called my house when I opened typed on interent somehow it went through 3rd party it showed up like something to do with like Music Club something like that I removed immedately from survey on line pop up on my computer so it must had took my name and address. The National Recovery Agency called my house on Dec. 2010. They said Corina ordered CD how can I ordered it because I AM DEAF!!! they said that I ordered it in 2006. I have NO CLUE!!! I personally feel that they attempted everyone s name and address on survey on line using them like me is going through right now. I wanted to report this to FTC. so I have never receive anything bills like this and not even shown on my credit !!! I am going through right now is someone had taken out of our checking account ID THIEF. Good thing We closed our account and taken care of everything. These days now I do not trust any website any more. Too Much Stressful !!

• Su
    suzybuttwipe Feb 19, 2011

Suzy the debt collector just earned NRA a nice lawsuit and an FTC complaint, see [censor] debt collectors like Suzy think that just because they bought some worthless trash that everyone must owe, well tell you what not everyone owes these zombie debts, and companies like NRA need to be put out of business by the FTC.

A debt collector can’t and should not:

* Phone you an unreasonable number of times

* Phone you at an unusual time or unusual location

* Disclose information about you, of your debts to
    third parties

* Use profane or other abusive language when
    making contact

* Contact you after you have submitted written
    notification that you do not want to be contacted
    any further

* Falsely claim to be affiliated with any
    governmental organization

* Misrepresent the amount or legal status of any
    debt

* Threaten of to take any action that cannot be
    taken legally

* Blame and accuse you of having committed a
    crime

* Threaten to report or communicate false credit
    information

* Use forbidden and deceptive methods to collect
    debts

* Call you before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.

* Call you, but not identify who he or she is

You can go right here and file an FTC complaint

saralynn22 Feb 10, 2011

the exact same thing just happened to me, they say i owe a music club that ive never been a member of.

• Wa
    Wardance Jan 13, 2011

The "former" NRA "employee" who commented above is frankly a horses rear end. Plain and simple. First, nobody can call anyone repeatedly against their will for any reason. Thats harassment by communication. In the case of a collection agency, they must cease and desist upon receiving written notice to that effect. Second, no minor under 18 YOA may enter into any contract and said contract may be disaffirmed by that minor at any time. If your company is unscrupulous or stupid enough to enter into such a contract and looses money because of it, "oh well..." they shouldn't have tried to take advantage of under age people, let alone anyone else for that matter. Finally, I take personal exception to the comment that these collection "phone jockys" are "extensively trained in the law". Lawyers are "extensively" trained in the law. Then they go out and work at a specialty where they learn a lot more. Just as police do. Collectors are neither lawyers nor police. What they are is a pathetic under educated sub culture of "wannabees" trying to boost a terminally low self esteem by victimizing the unfortunate people they come in contact with. Are their exceptions to this? Yes, but not many. My advice to those who are themselves or have children being victimized...call AND write to your Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Division and your Congressional representative (if his or her office is receptive to such complaints). You may also wish to contact your Better Business Bureau. If you are unemployed you can contact Legal Aid as well. A private attorney is always a very last resort. And remember, document EVERYTHING! If you agree with or like my opinions, starting late January 2011 search "wardance" on you tube for commentary on all topics of social injustice.

• Fa
    FairCreditMyA** Nov 05, 2010

YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS INTENTIONAL! IT IS LIKE A PHISHING SCAM.

The fraud is actually being perpetrated by the collection agency. There is no Music Service Club. Be very Careful when dealing with these people. Be very careful when sending in letters for disputes. Do not send in too much information or any personal information. There is a reason that these accounts only appear on Experian. They have more relaxed standrds for placing accounts and verification of debts.

Trust me when I say these accounts are not accidents, they are not mistakes, there is nobody using your name (not this time at least), this Music Service Club and the National Recovery Agency are complicit in these fraudulent accounts. If you dispute the account electronically or through the credit bureau with no supporting documentation (of course, because there is none) all that will happen is they will wait a few days and electronically verify the debt. That leaves you screwed. Then they extort money out of you to solve your problem. If you write to the collection agency to verify the debt and demand proof that it is you and that the debt is real, you will get a form letter back saying that in order to acknowledge your complaint and to maintain customer satisfaction they returned the acount to the "original creditor". BUT THERE IS NO "ORIGINAL CREDITOR"!!!

NOT TO MENTION THAT IS THE LEAST OF THE PROBLEM WITH THAT! RETURNING THE DEBT TO THE "ORIGINAL CREDITOR" (EVEN IF THERE REALLY IS ONE) ONCE VERIFICATION HAS BEEN REQUESTED, IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE FCRA, SPECIFICALLY SECTION 623 (AMONG OTHERS). ADDITIONALLY, THEY FEDERALLY, LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO COMPLY WITH A VERIFICATION OF DEBT REQUEST, SO WRITING BACK TO SAY OH WELL WE DON'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE, SO IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM, BUT OH YEAH BY THE WAY, THAT MEANS THEY CAN SEND IT TO ANOTHER COLLECTION AGENCY OR LAW FIRM IF THEY WANT TO AND THEY CLAIM THAT IS OUT OF THEIR CONTROL AND NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

Then, they may tell you that they requested the item be deleted because it isn't in their office anymore, but it may take 30 days or more and they can't control that either.

Here is what you need to know. ALL LIES! It literally takes the stroke of a button to send a delete request. It should not take more than 48 hours for it to actually be deleted. And, don't assume they actually deleted it at all. Because lots of times they say they will and then just don't and you never hear from them again. If you can get it in writing, send it in yourself and it will be faster. You will also have it for future reference if it pops up again (also known to happen a lot!). Yes, if any collection agency at any time returns your account to an "original creditor", it can be resold to another agency or law firm. The difference here is this agency and this Music Club are the ones who are creating these accounts, so if it pops up again with a new name chances are it is still them, but with a different name. That is how this type of fraud works.

I got my account (which showed up on my credit without warning in May 2010) deleted and it will not be back. I can help anyone who wants it. Message me with your e-mail or just message me and I will try to help you. It took a couple of months to sort everything out, but once I figured out what was going on, it only took a week to getit deleted. In case you are wondering, yes I have been in touch with National Recovery, but only by mail. DO NOT EVER CALL THESE PEOPLE & DO NOT EVER LET THEM CALL YOU!!! I have also been in touch with law enforcement. Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have any ties to the military or to law enforcement? I am still trying to figure out how they are choosing their victims.

I hope this helps someone.

Frydfairy May 06, 2010

Send them the letter below and file a complaint with the FTC. DO NOT PAY THEM! keep on them. it is worth it. Make sure you send this letter with a return receipt. When I filed the complaint with the FTC i received a letter back from them within two weeks saying they were investigating the matter and provided me with a copy of the letter they themselves sent this company. A week after that I received a letter from the NRA saying that the account was referred to them in error. I contacted a lawyer before I did all this and my lawyer informed me that collections on an account must cease 6 years after last payment was made and if no payments are made 7 years after the account was allegedly opened. Of course in my case the account was never opened. I don't know why they do this and I don't care. My attorney general has them under investigation as well and not just because of my complaint. This company has been under investigation for a while. And I am not some crybaby that doesn't feel like paying my bills. If the company made a legitimate mistake that's fine but they should have tried to resolve that with me in the beginning instead of dragging it out for a year and a half. Here's the letter I sent them:

NRA Group LLC
    Dba: National Recovery Agency
    PO Box 67015
    Harrisburg, PA [protected]

Dear Collection Manager,
    Re: Account listed under name/account number

A year ago ago I pulled my credit report and noticed a collection from your agency. Not recognizing the debt I called and asked for verification of the debt to please be mailed to me. I have called several times since then and still have not received or been notified of this collection by mail. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

As per the FDCPA, I have the right to request a validation of this debt. I request you to prove that I am indeed the party who is by contract obligated to pay off this debt.

I hope you are aware of the fact that reporting any invalidated information to major credit bureaus may constitute defamation of character, as negative listing on credit report does not allow me to enjoy the benefits of good credit. In addition, you must also be aware that until you validate this debt, you can neither continue collection activities nor report this information on my credit report. I'm sure your legal staff will agree that non-compliance with this request is likely to put your company in serious legal trouble with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other state/federal agencies.

Please attach copies of the following documents:

1.Agreement with your client that authorizes you to collect on this alleged debt.
    2.Agreement that bears signature of the alleged debtor wherein he promises to pay the creditor.
    3.Complete itemized statement on this account so as to prove that the debt amount you wish to collect is correct.

If I do not receive these documents my lawyer and I will be forced to take further action against your company.

With regards,

Antionette Varnado Apr 30, 2010

Notice on my credit report this item

• Pe
    Pebbles28 Apr 20, 2010

To the [censored] " former National Recovery Agency employee" /West Bay. I too have been informed that I ordered books from you. I HAVE NEVER ORDERED books from you idiots and you insist that I owe you money! I have asked for proof that I signed something and/or the original order form in which I have never received. I AND 32 OTHER PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SLAM YOUR FRAUD INFESTED COMPANY, A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! Then well see who's laughing !! For all the other consumers...countersuit because this crap has to stop!!!

Frydfairy Apr 19, 2010

and also they are not a part of the BBB. complaining to them will do no good. you have to go to the FTC and your attorney general.

Frydfairy Apr 19, 2010

Send them the letter below and file a complaint with the FTC. DO NOT PAY THEM! They are a scam company. keep on them. it is worth it. Make sure you send this letter with a return receipt

NRA Group LLC
    Dba: National Recovery Agency
    PO Box 67015
    Harrisburg, PA [protected]

Dear Collection Manager,
    Re: Account listed under name Roberta Guillory of 131 Ash Street #2, Lewiston, Maine

Months ago I pulled my credit report and noticed a collection from your agency. Not recognizing the debt I called and asked for verification of the debt to please be mailed to me. I have called several times since then and still have not received or been notified of this collection by mail. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

Please attach copies of the following documents:

With regards,

• Wh
    whodey19777 Mar 21, 2010

Yeah my AG acted pretty quickly, and I got the same letter, I just checked all 3 reports and at first it was closed under investigation, and still showing. Now about 40 days after it is completely off no history of it at all. So they did follow though what the AG wanted just took a month and a half. Experian was the fastest to get it off.

• Ju
    justtired Mar 20, 2010

Whodey1977, Did you Attorney General get it take off quickly? Since NRA would not provide proof of the debit, I filed a complaint with my AG. The letter I received indicated that NRA agreed to my dispute, was closing my account and reporting it to credit agencies. I, however, do not believe them and was curious to know how it took for your dispute to be corrected on your credit report.

• Wh
    whodey1977 Mar 19, 2010

Justice was served, they added a BMG charge to my credit report, wrote my Attorney General and gave him the info, and he got it taken off my credit report and my score went up 25 points to where it was before those jerks threw this on my account. Now I can get my mortgage. Jerks...

nonamelisted Mar 14, 2010

NRA collection is trying to collect something they arent entitled to.

• Ps
    p**sed 0ff chica! Mar 07, 2010

I also had been denied for credit so I went to review my credit report and found 2 accounts, one for $37 and one for $33 for BMG/Music service club and NRC is the collector. These accounts were from 8/09-9/09 and the other from 1/10-2/10 well it is now 3/7/10 and these are on my report, I received no letters to make me aware of the accounts, and to top it off I have never even bought ANYTHING from this company. I get my dvd's/cd's from walmart if anything! Plus when I researched BMG music club, it said that they are no longer in business. Sounds funny to me. I would love to know WHEN, WHERE and HOW these so called cd/dvd's were ordered and where they were delivered to because I have never really ordered anything from the mail but from walmart. I researched NRC and this is the contact info that I found:
    Contact Information
    fax: [protected]
    Web
    [email protected]
    www.nationalrecovery.com
    I called and reached a woman named "ELECTION DAY"; I kid you not!
    She could not give me any info on the account except that I owed the money and how I planed on paying it. THEY WILL NOT BE GETTING A DIME FROM ME UNTIL THEY PROVE TO ME THAT IT WAS ACTUALLY ME THAT ORDERED AND RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY! I am all for paying any debts that I have occurred, BUT I will not be paying anything that I am not responsible for creating! I also understand that people steal other people's names for whatever, and I will deal with that accordingly, BUT 1ST prove to me or help me find out the information I need to pursue any action, do not be rude and flat out ignorant toward me because then I will give it right back and take the necessary actions to do what I have to to make NRC pay me!

• Jg
    JGC-- Mar 05, 2010

FYI www.nationalrecovery.com is their website with all their contact info. If you have a legitimate case of fraud and breaking the law, just get a consumer advocate attorney... I'm sure there is a lot chomping at the bit to sue these bottom feeding jerks.

• Jg
    JGC-- Mar 05, 2010

NRA are bottom feeders. They illegally attempt to re-age debt, and post it on credit reports long after its past SoL for both collections and able to be on the credit report... not to mention I have never done business with the company they claim I owe. I now have an attorney going to take them to court if they do not take care of it immediately. They have sent me no mail... only attempted phone calls, and I found it on my credit alert service. You can find no-fee attorneys if you have a legit case like mine. The NRA will be paying the attorneys a lot more then the $1000 fine + actual damages they will owe to us who are being screwed over by them.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Make them prove you owe it. DO NOT give them your account information, EVER. If you truly are being blackmailed, use your favorite search engine to find an attorney to get the issue fixed before it really does cost you money (through higher interest etc).

• Wr
    WrongedMatt Feb 13, 2010

I feel like a broken record, after reviewing information contained on this site. Alas, this agency is a scam. They placed three unauthorized accounts, regarding debts I did not acquire, against my credit report; I attempted to contact them and dispute them - even pointing out obvious problems with their records, such as mispelling of my name, wrong address, no record of identifying information on their records (SS# or DOB). No results. The first two accounts came at the same time; I eventually became so frustrated with the lack of resolution, that I paid the accounts just to get them off my record. BIG MISTAKE! A year later, they posted another account. I've reported them to the Better Business Bureau, but I can only hope that they will be able to get results.

• In
    informationclar Feb 10, 2010

I s there anyway of contacting these people?

• Su
    SUZIEspanker Feb 09, 2010

Just got off the phone with an NRA agent. "Ryan" is his name. He did not want to tell me what the acronym NRA represents. He did not confirm any standard information you'd normally think an upstanding company would provide. I told him that I have never had any dealings with his company, so why is he calling my cell phone. His offered a reason that it is because of some DVDs I purchased. Wrong! I have not bought DVDs from his company and I definitely don't owe any company for any DVDs that I have purchased. So, I gave him an eroneous name and required that he give me more info. He asked how would I be paying for the debt. I said that I pay my debts by check. Then he asked for my checking account info. He must have thought he was talking to an idiot, like the idiots on here proclaiming to be on the side of collection agencies such as the NRA. After refusing, he tried to call me a liar since I said that I pay with checks. Scare tactics do not work for me... it just makes me even more ready to battle. Long story short... they called the wrong number and got the wrong person because they never verified anything for accuracy. Companies like BMG who practice issuing products on credit and targeting markets that they "plan" to take advantage of should be targeted themselves. Everyone get their free handouts and don't pay them nothing. They should crash and burn. Bottom line is that if you have such a great deal on your product then why complicate it by offering a contract to someone you know nothing about. They don't do credit checks. I believe that if you don't do credit checks as a business but you offer products for purchase on credit, your business should not be allowed to report credit issues. Also, your companies assumes the risk of delivering product on credit to high risk customers and therefore you have some responsibility in extending your exposure. Its all about basics... get out of your office and sale your goods & services the good old fashion way... instead of being like a snake in the grass waiting for a victim. Screw NRA, BMG, and any other company like them... also screw the cowards that place the calls for them. Make your $10 an hour and keep living within your means because those you work for have tons of debt to pay themselves.

• Cl
    clear it out Feb 04, 2010

To further the argument against this suziedebtcollector -
    BMG Music required absolutely no proof of identity when accepting new accounts. So if someone wanted to ruin another person's credit, like someone did to me, they would simply order the spongebob squarepants movie soundtrack and an assortment of other obviously false items in my name and BMG would run with it and insist they have records of my agreement, which they will never provide. Always waiting on another call. Always some excuse why there was a delay.

Stop fighting for the credit collectors. You assume debt has to do with negligence or irresponsibility. In 2001, September 11th to be exact, I lost a major military contract and took the hit for my whole company by paying salaries out of pocket. $110, 000 later we managed to fulfill our last company obligation and I was able to stop paying on credit. I paid everything down to about $15, 000 and could not at all keep up the regular payments. Am I irresponsible for making sure my employees were able to feed their families? I paid $95, 000 off until I could not support my family and pay that bill at the same time. It is paid, just not in a timely fashion. But I had debt. It was delinquent. Should I stop whining because BMG says I owe $31? Absolutely not.

Send a dispute letter to the 3 bureaus. They have 30 days to prove the debt is valid AND supply you with the proof if it is found to be true.

7 Years for the statute of limitations, typically. It can vary from state to state. They can still try to collect. They can still report it to the credit bureaus. When you want to make a major purchase, get a credit report, send the dispute letters again, wait about 45 days, then go apply for the loan.
    They have loop holes. So do we.

• Sr
    Sr David Jan 26, 2010

National Recovery called my wife and disclosed to her a debt my son owe's from DeVry and that they were a collection agency assuming I, his father with the same name, was the original debtor. I called back and spoke to the callers supervisor and advised her of the illegal 3rd party disclosure, but she said my son and I have the same name and that the call was valid. She then hung-up before I had a chance to explain to her that my wife received the call and her name is differant. Third party discolsure will get you out of a debt owed because lawyers and collection agencies don't want to be sued for violation of the Fair Collection Practices Act issued by the Federal Goverment. It can also cost them their licence to practice.
    When you receive a letter of debt acceptance, don't throw it away. Look for some evidence of 3rd party disclosure by not properly identifing the debtor and or including other persons names. The agencies contacting you usually buy the debts without getting the correct information and often times include on the mailing persons names who do not belong on the debt including spouse, children, or parents. AKA missing the JR or SR and allowing the wrong person to receive the mailing. Return the responce as a decline in debt responsiblity due to 3rd party disclosure and personal rights violation, and move the claim of debt be dismissed with prejudice.

noneyaeffingbizwax Jan 25, 2010

I have never received any mail form these people and they have placed a negative on my credit, this is the first time I have ever heard from them. What is more, I have frozen credit files. Which means there is no way they ever pulled my credit in the first place to approve this or verify it was me. Therefore I am currently disputing through NRA and experian. I have contact the sheriff's department. And I have already secured an attorney just in case they do not remove from my file.

A crime has been committed in my opinion, and if NRA is legit as suzy says then I guess they have nothing to worry about now do they.

• La
    ladyrjp Jan 10, 2010

I too am going through the same proble.. I have never had an account with Bmg music.. I have tried every number possible to contact NRA and BMG with no success.. I am gonna mail a certified letter to the NRA and demand account info

• Br
    bryman Nov 20, 2009

I am going through the same thing right now! All you can really do is Contact the Better Business Bureau of New York. On their website is a fax number. Fax them a letter with all the problems you are having with the company. I just did this yesterday and they are now investigating the situation. By law you cannot be tied to a contract without a signature, credit card information or bank information. I have contacted Columbia House over and over again and they keep telling me they are going to forward my problem over to their customer service department. If enough people contact the BBB of New York with the same problems with the same company within a short amount of time between each something will be done. If they cannot provide you with the information in section 9 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act then they do not have a right to tie you to these charges. From my understanding is that if someone has your name and address they can bind you to one of these contracts. No signature needed. I simply asked the lady at Columbia House for her name and address that I would do her a favor by opening up her an account. lol that really pissed her off. But really I feel for you all who are going through this right now with national recovery and If everyone within the next week would fax a complaint to the bbb something will be done I promise you. Hope this info helps.

• Ca
    cammy1111 Nov 03, 2009

Wow, that's a lot of anger you've got there. Do you, by chance, work for NRA?

I could care less if anyone stole my ID. My credit reports are frozen.

Most likely, someone received a music club mailing with my name on it, at an old address. They sent it in and received a bunch of CD's.

Not much I can do about it. Well, I could call the cops, but it's not like they are going to do anything.

All I know is that National Recovery Agency violated state and Federal laws by placing this thing on my credit report without bothering to verify that it was a valid debt.

Because of that, they will pay me many, many multiples of what they were seeking unjustly to collect.

If anyone else has the same thing happen, my advice to them is this: Sue NRA. If enough people sue these guys for pulling this stuff, maybe they will stop doing it.

• Un
    Un-named Nov 02, 2009

Have you ever thought err...that your identity may have been stolen and used by someone (especially teens) or maybe you signed for a CD membership through a survey..but noooo you seek easy money...which only makes you sound petty and well.. broke...as for the letter did you again uhhhh check to see if they had your current address...my guess -since you sound so "highly intelligent" -you didn't..what are the unemployment checks running low? Listen throw your money into scratch off tickets and hope you win a clue...