National Recovery Agency / NRA Group Logo

National Recovery Agency / NRA Group

Having problems with National Recovery Agency / NRA Group?

2491 Paxton St.
Sat8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
SunClosed
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 67015, Harrisburg, PA 17106

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with National Recovery Agency / NRA Group.

Complaints & Reviews

National Recovery Agencygetting false charges removed

I sent NRA the letter below after asking three times by phone for them to send me validation of the debt. I then filed a complaint with the FTC. Within a week i was sent a letter from the NRA saying it was an error and would be removed from my report.
feel free to use this letter:

Re: Account listed under name/account number

Months ago I pulled my credit report and noticed a collection from your agency. Not recognizing the debt I called and asked for verification of the debt to please be mailed to me. I have called several times since then and still have not received or been notified of this collection by mail. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

As per the FDCPA, I have the right to request a validation of this debt. I request you to prove that I am indeed the party who is by contract obligated to pay off this debt.

I hope you are aware of the fact that reporting any invalidated information to major credit bureaus may constitute defamation of character, as negative listing on credit report does not allow me to enjoy the benefits of good credit. In addition, you must also be aware that until you validate this debt, you can neither continue collection activities nor report this information on my credit report. I'm sure your legal staff will agree that non-compliance with this request is likely to put your company in serious legal trouble with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other state/federal agencies.

Please attach copies of the following documents:

1.Agreement with your client that authorizes you to collect on this alleged debt.
2.Agreement that bears signature of the alleged debtor wherein he promises to pay the creditor.
3.Complete itemized statement on this account so as to prove that the debt amount you wish to collect is correct.

If I do not receive these documents my lawyer and I will be forced to take further action against your company.

• Ap
      ApollonianFlower Apr 28, 2010

Thank you so much! I've been getting the run-around from NRA for the better part of a YEAR now... I'm really hoping that with the help of this letter (and a father who's a retired attorney) I can get this problem cleared up. They really do clam up every time they're asked for information, and I really felt like I was at a dead-end. Why, if there are so many people with this same problem, are these people still in operation!?

Frydfairy May 06, 2010

Let me know how it goes and don't give up!

• Tt
      ttmaymi Oct 06, 2010

Please letme know what can I do, cause I've been receiveing their calls for a long time and finally they said that is for charges from Columbia House (another scamers, worthless company), they told me the amount and suppossly the movies I was charged for and the late fee for it. I requested a number, like a record number, clerk number a reference, something that I can go by, because I don't even have an account number with this other company (columbia House), they told me to call them myself if I wanted to fix the problem. Not until i call NRA again and told them I was recording the conversation for my lawyer, then they gave me a REFERENCE NUMBER and I call Columbia House, they appologize, supposly it will be out of my credit but it will take time. The problem is that, ones it hit your credit it takes years to come out, and that is not the only thing I notice in my credit, Lord know in what hell hole I'ma get myself on... If you have any comments or something to further help, please let me know!!

National Recovery Agency — false collection

I was just recently notified that a National Recovery Agency was placed onto my credit report as a...

National Recovery Agencyfalse charges / scaring tactics

National recovery agency mailed me a letter stating that I still owe $95 dollars to bmg music service (Account purchased by west bay acquisitions.

In my life time, I never used bmg music service!!!

National recovery agency stated that if I don't pay this amount immediately, my credit score will be affected negatively...

I, then, filed a complaint at the f. T. C. Website — here is the link —

(Just copy & paste the above link onto the menu bar on your browser.

Let's all make the complaint so that the ftc will take action asap!!!

• Ro
        rough400 May 12, 2010

I am in the same boat.I filed a complaint too.What shall i do?what did you do?

• Th
        ThatIsNotMyName! Jun 26, 2010

Ditto and I put in a dispute with all three credit reporting agencies.

National Recovery Agency/NRA Group, LLC. DBA — called me today

I don't normally answer calls with 1800 numbers but I decided to and the man on the phone said that I...

National Recovery Agencymessing up credit report by false charges

Everybody who has been victimized my National Recovery Agency should contact Federal Trade Commission for immediate action: [protected]

There is huge scam going on and don't be victimized by them

• Tk
          Tkhan Jul 24, 2010

did complaining to the FTC and doing a follow up resolve the false charge on your credit report. thanks !

• Pi
          Pickedthewrongguytomesswith Aug 18, 2010

I'm going through almost the exact situation. You can file a complaint with the BBB at this website:

or file a complaint with the PA attorney general at this website

or if you want to try and resolve directly with NRA, here is the contact information for their Compliance Officer and General Counsel.

Danelle O'Connor

[protected] Fax
          [protected]@nationalrecovery.com
          www.nragroup.com Client Website
          www.nationalrecovery.com Consumer Website

In addition, the owners of the company are Steve C. and Jill E. Kusic. I believe their email addresses are [protected]@nationalrecovery.com and [protected]@nationalrecovery.com.

Their registered agent is Joseph Giambalvo

Joseph Giambalvo
          1012 Drew Street
          Clearwater, FL 33755

Apparently the company had revenues of $30 million last year and describe themselves as a "responsible revenue recovery agency". The Kusics play themselves off as a local do-gooder couple and spread some of their $30 million around to local charities - maybe to make themselves feel better for the intentional damage they're causing elselwhere. Good luck and spread the word!!

National Recovery Agencynever heard of them

I just looked at my credit score since I have been trying VERY hard to keep it good. It dropped 63 points today due to this BS. I have never heard of National Recovery Agency, although they say I am 58 dollars in debt to them. I have never received a call or piece of mail from them. It has now hurt my credit score dramatically and I am furious!!! Does anyone know how to get ahold of these people, I called and they are always busy, figures. I have disputed this on my credit report, but that could take years, the frustration in trying to better yourself through our demented credit system is ridiculous!!

• Kr
            krayon65 Mar 18, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me and this is not the first company that has tried to do this to me. I take a 4 prong aproach to getting it off my record. I am disputing the collection on both Experian and Equifax since it showed up on both reports. I emailed them at [protected]@nationalrecovery.com. I am faxing them the same letter to [protected] and then I am sending them a certified l letter to
            Harrisburg, PA [protected]

Below is what I have in my letter:

Re: Account Number

This is to inform you that I've recently pulled my credit report and noticed that there's a collection from your agency on my credit report. I have never been notified of this collection. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

Frydfairy Apr 19, 2010

thank you so much for this. i did the exact same thing and filed a complaint with the AG and FTC and have successfully had this item removed from my credit report after fighting with them for a year on the phone.

National Recovery Agency — credit report

This collection agency put a $160 bill on my credit report back in 8/2009, and I have yet to figure out why...

NRAconstant calls

Has called 11/16/09, 11/17, 11/18, 11/19, 11/21, 11/22, 11/23, and finally tonight 11/24. Call was disconnected every time I answered until today when the woman said she was from NRA and asked to speak to my husband, whom she asked for a donation. ( He is a NRA member). At this point I certainly consider these calls harassment and need to know how to stop them. Emailing the NRA only resulted in me now getting emails from them

National Recovery Agency — fraudulent collection

In 2006, I spoke to One Spirit Book Club and informed them that I had not oredred nor received the books for...

Montrose

West Bay Acquisitions / National Recovery Agency — never received merchandise they are charging me for.

I didn't receive the merchandise from this company. I have never heard of them until I pulled up my credit report.

National Recovery Agencyerroneous item

A few weeks ago I noticed a negative item on my Credit Report from National Recovery Agency - Original Creditor: West Bay Aquisitions. I did not recognize the charge so I submitted a dispute to Experian. I received an email from Experian that currently the status is that this item remains on my record. This Agency has no phone # listed on the credit report so I tried to search for it on the web. The search led me to this website (complaintsboard.com) where I found a few other complaints of a similar nature.

I also found the phone # for National Recovery Agency and was told that this charge originates from the Book of the Month club. For the record, I hate these types of clubs that generate business by thrusting products on you that one doesn't need. I have never ever been a member of the Book of the Month club and mentioned this to the Rep name Pierre that I spoke with. I asked him if he had proof that this charge was truly mine and he said yes. However, when I asked him to fax this 'proof' he said that he could not do that. He said my options were to dispute the item (again) or to pay off the amount. I asked him why I should pay the amount when I did not incur this debt -he said that theose were pretty much my options. This smells like a scam to me. The amounts are fairly small and I think they assume most people will pay up rather than have a negative item on record.

• Fo
                FormerCollectionManager May 28, 2009

just send them a letter that you fully dispute the charges and that you want them to provide you with documentation from the original creditor to prove otherwise. this will get ride of the debt for you if it isn't yours.

• Ex
                exie Jun 14, 2009

Maybe...

I would also make a consumer statement on all 3 credit bureau files. Just in case.

• Da
                DaniDebtCollector Jun 30, 2009

Actually, Pierre was correct. Under FDCPA laws, debt collectors are only permitted to contact you via mail and phone calls. That means no email, no faxing information, no postcards. Doing so might show other people that you're in debt, and therefore is against FDCPA laws.

By the way, I am currently a debt collector for NRA.

• Ex
                exie Jul 01, 2009

dani, it is probably a terrible idea for you to respond to a complaint against the company you work for. and you are only partially correct on communications. You should know that a third party is able to receive the OK from the consumer to fax information.

get it right and stop responding to NRA complaints.

• Ps
                pssd Jan 17, 2010

I have a similiar negative report from the NRA on Experian for a Music Service. Same response from Experian that it has been verified and will remain on my credit report. No contact number for the Music Service. This is a scam and experian's response is vague and weak with zero explanation. I will take this further until it is correct. This is the only negative on my report!

noneyafngbizwax Jan 21, 2010

This is such a huge scam. i am currently mailing by certified mail, my request for proof of binding agreement that I owe this debt. I will seek an attorney over $185. This permanently scare my 100% perfect cre4dit and it is worth it to me to pay an attorney several thousand dollars to remove it. Be warned Dani. I will come after your company which is 100% fraudulent not only in civil court but I will push for a class action lawsuit if I need to!

• Ro
                RoscoRich Mar 19, 2010

I am totally outraged that this occurs so often. I did have an account with Columbia House. Paid for my DVDs and never received the free ones. Tried to contact Columbia House or BMG ?? Without response now years later a collection has been filed on my credit report without any attempts from NRA. This cannot be right. I paid a collection in the past that did not seem right and was assured that Cd's would be coming that also did not. I am on board for any class action against these parasites. I will not give them a dime. Any suggestions on removing this from my CR without paying the scam artist. Does writing a letter actually work? To the collection agency.? I have done so with Columbia House with no response.

• Ni
                Nikki M Apr 15, 2010

The same thing has happened to me, the creditor National Recovery Agency, original creditor West Bay Acquisitions but when you call they say its for BMG. I have disputed it with Experian (the only one it showed up on) and the say the account -was verified. I spoke with some very rude woman at National Recovery Agency and she told me to fax a written dispute to [protected] and they would submit the dispute again. They do however legally have 30 days to respond to your inquiry/dispute.

Frydfairy May 06, 2010

Send them the letter below and file a complaint with the FTC. DO NOT PAY THEM! keep on them. it is worth it. Make sure you send this letter with a return receipt. When I filed the complaint with the FTC i received a letter back from them within two weeks saying they were investigating the matter and provided me with a copy of the letter they themselves sent this company. A week after that I received a letter from the NRA saying that the account was referred to them in error. I contacted a lawyer before I did all this and my lawyer informed me that collections on an account must cease 6 years after last payment was made and if no payments are made 7 years after the account was allegedly opened. Of course in my case the account was never opened. I don't know why they do this and I don't care. My attorney general has them under investigation as well and not just because of my complaint. This company has been under investigation for a while. And I am not some crybaby that doesn't feel like paying my bills. If the company made a legitimate mistake that's fine but they should have tried to resolve that with me in the beginning instead of dragging it out for a year and a half. Here's the letter I sent them:

Re: Account listed under name/account number

A year ago ago I pulled my credit report and noticed a collection from your agency. Not recognizing the debt I called and asked for verification of the debt to please be mailed to me. I have called several times since then and still have not received or been notified of this collection by mail. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

• Fa
                FairCreditMyA** Nov 05, 2010

YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS INTENTIONAL! IT IS LIKE A PHISHING SCAM.

The fraud is actually being perpetrated by the collection agency. There is no Music Service Club. Be very Careful when dealing with these people. Be very careful when sending in letters for disputes. Do not send in too much information or any personal information if possible, that is the point. There is a reason that these accounts only appear on Experian. They have more relaxed standrds for placing accounts and verification of debts.

Trust me when I say these accounts are not accidents, they are not mistakes, there is nobody using your name (not this time at least), this Music Service Club and the National Recovery Agency are complicit in these fraudulent accounts. If you dispute the account electronically or through the credit bureau with no supporting documentation (of course, because there is none) all that will happen is they will wait a few days and electronically verify the debt. That leaves you screwed. Then they extort money out of you to solve your problem. If you write to the collection agency to verify the debt and demand proof that it is you and that the debt is real, you will get a form letter back saying that in order to acknowledge your complaint and to maintain customer satisfaction they returned the acount to the "original creditor". BUT THERE IS NO "ORIGINAL CREDITOR"!!!

NOT TO MENTION THAT IS THE LEAST OF THE PROBLEM WITH THAT! RETURNING THE DEBT TO THE "ORIGINAL CREDITOR" (EVEN IF THERE REALLY IS ONE) ONCE VERIFICATION HAS BEEN REQUESTED, IS A DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE FCRA, SPECIFICALLY SECTION 623 (AMONG OTHERS). ADDITIONALLY, THEY ARE FEDERALLY, LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO COMPLY WITH A VERIFICATION OF DEBT REQUEST, SO WRITING BACK TO SAY OH WELL WE DON'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE, SO IT'S NOT OUR PROBLEM, BUT OH YEAH BY THE WAY, THAT MEANS THEY CAN SEND IT TO ANOTHER COLLECTION AGENCY OR LAW FIRM IF THEY WANT TO AND THEY CLAIM THAT IS OUT OF THEIR CONTROL AND NOT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY.

Then, they may tell you that they requested the item be deleted because it isn't in their office anymore, but it may take 30 days or more and they can't control that either.

Here is what you need to know. ALL LIES! It literally takes the stroke of a button to send a delete request. It should not take more than 48 hours for it to actually be deleted. Yes, if any collection agency at any time returns your account to an "original creditor", it can be resold to another agency or law firm. The difference here is this agency and this Music Club are the ones who are creating these accounts, so if it pops up again with a new name chances are it is still them, but with a different name. That is how this type of fraud works.

I got my account (which showed up on my credit without warning in May 2010) deleted and it will not be back. I can help anyone who wants it. Message me with your e-mail or just message me and I will try to help you. It took a couple of months to sort everything out, but once I figured out what was going on, it only took a week to getit deleted. In case you are wondering, yes I have been in touch with National Recovery, but only by mail. DO NOT EVER CALL THESE PEOPLE & DO NOT EVER LET THEM CALL YOU!!! I have also been in touch with law enforcement. Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have any ties to the military or to law enforcement? I am still trying to figure out how they are choosing their victims.

I hope this helps someone.

National Recovery Agencywest bay acquisitions

Suddenly since January my credit score was lower from 691 to 582 and I having problem with my creditor and also my actual credit, due to in purpose this companies are applying this method to rip of the consumer and charge for a services never been requested and also unauthorized charges. I tried contact with them but they don't provide information, please this action in bad faith dangered my credit, negatively. I hope you can help me to resolve this abuse from this Credit Agencies. Thanks

GEORGE VITTERIO.

• Mk
                  M KRIEG May 28, 2009

I had a similar situation with this EXACT agency - I saw a drop in my credit score of around 100 points last month and ordered my Credit Report. On my report I saw a collection item from National Recovery Agency - West Bay Aquisitions. I do not recognize them or this charge and I disputed this item with Experian. I just received an email from Experian that this item "Remains" which is baffling to me. I am 100% sure that this is a fradulent item. - M KRIEG

• Dm
                  dmclg26 Jun 15, 2009

I am undergoing the same situation. In January National Recovery filed a collection on my credit report also. I also wrote to all three credit agencies and I was told that the item was investigated, that it does belong to me, and that it will remain on my report. I don't understand what is going on. I had spoken to the book company in 2006 and told them I had not ordered nor recieved any merchandise from them. All of a sudden out of the blue in January I see this collection notice on my credit report. Maybe we should all get together and file a class suit against them for defamation of character. you can contact me at [protected]@optonline.net. Let's show them they can't push us around.

• Wa
                  walketl93 Jul 08, 2009

This is the same thin that has happen to me.. has anyone been able to do anything about theirs yet?

• Ms
                  Ms.Jennylyn Nov 16, 2009

I just received a collection notice from National Recovery Agency. I am pretty sure this is a scam now that I am reading all these posts. They are asking that I pay this debt. I have never heard of West Bay Aquisitions. And they are saying that the debt is from 2007. Wouldn't I have received a bill if I bought something? This is just out of the blue. Worst part is, there is a hold on my credit report because my husband is on active duty. Which is making it difficult to even get my credit report.

• Po
                  Portliv09 Feb 10, 2010

National recovery agency number is [protected] or [protected]. I have been calling all morning with no luck.

• Cl
                  Clagory Apr 14, 2010

Same thing, see my complaint under West Bay Aquisitions. I am prepared to join a class action suit. Has one started yet?

National Recovery Agencycalling wrong number and person

I get annoying calls from the National Recovery Agency every week asking to speak to a woman that I have never heard of before. I keep telling the agents this and that the person they are trying to locate, must have given them my telephone number. The agent apologizes and tells me that my number will be taken off their list...I still, after two years of this nonsense. get their calls. Isn't there a way for them to track this woman down to see if they can catch her?
                I don't know how to solve this, any answers? Mary

• Or
                    ORannie Apr 12, 2009

contact the Attorney General. If you tell the collection agency not to call you any longer they must not.

• Su
                    suzydebtcollector Jun 02, 2009

ORannie you are mistaken.

You can tell them until you're blue in the face. Unless it's in writing they can call once a day every day if they want.

Blopdwen Mary Shorthouse:

By law, they must remove your number from their dialer and note the account that the number is not valid. Now, I am seeing two things wrong here: one, they are not removing your number; and two, they are discussing a debt with you knowing that you are not the responsible party. This is a violation of the FDCPA. If you are called again, get the name of the agent (collectors are personally liable for any FDCPA violations, as well as the company) and advise them that this is their final warning...remove the number or you will file complaints against company and the agent with the Federal Trade Commission. Good luck

• Ko
                    kOhio Feb 17, 2010

Hello, I have had problems with this company calling and asking for, son-in-laws, brothers-in-laws, neighbors! not one person that lives in my home. I have called them told themto remove my name & number was informed they would remove my name & number(yea right) the calls increased. I have called and written to the Attorney General in my state.(Ohio) they took care of it. I even got a written letter of apology and told it won't happen again. It hasn't from this company but now the allied collections company is started the same tactics so I will contact the AG office again. Hope this helps you.

National Recovery Agency — fraudulent charges

These dirty # have been calling us weekly claiming we owe them $184.00 for a bunch of books we never ordered...

National Recovery Agency — unauthorized charges

National Recovery filed an erroneous $98.00 charge on my credit report for West Bay Aquisitions which I have...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices