National Car Rental — missing paperwork in car
I was renting a car at National car rental on 12/17 at Lihue, HI. In Hawaii. all vehicles are required to have safety check, registration and proof of insurance in the vehicle all the time. I was having a hard time to have a copy of safety check for the 4th car that I looked at. The previous 3 cars did not have any legally required paperwork.
When I talked with Angela, the manager on duty. She told me no need to have the safety check paperwork to get to the base on the island. I told her the pass & ID office needs such paperwork. After 20 to 25 minutes of heated discussion, she was able to find a car that has the required paperwork. It was a total waste of time to beg or ask for the paperwork.
Can you make sure all the rental cars have the necessary paperwork?? I am trying to obey the local traffic regulations here..
National Car Rental Customer Care's Response · Dec 23, 2019
Unhappy renter at Lihue, we appreciate when customers tell us about their experiences and thank you for your review of your experience in Lihue. Please see my response to your posts on Consumeraffairs.com. Thank you! - Carol H.
More National Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - charging me for damage I know nothing about 
- National Car Rental - no snow tires 
- National Car Rental - changed the rate when I returned the car 
- National Car Rental And Avis Rentals - their a fraud there's no web site on them their already on the complaints board
- National Car Rental - terrible company
- National Car Rental - charge previous bumps and scratches
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - poor unethical behaviour
- [Resolved] National Car Rental - missing in action
- National Car Rental - regarding change in my rental amount for the rented car without informing
- [Resolved] National Rental Car - do not rent