MyLife.comwhat a scam!

Jeffrey Tinsley and those who work with him are crooks. The company continues to run commercials saying you can find out if anyone is searching for you ... for FREE! I checked out mylife.com, and wound up with a $300 charge to my credit card. I called them immediately and told them I had just seen the commercial offering a "quick check" for free. The woman I spoke to said brusquely "we don't offer any service for free." After some back and forth conversation I demanded that the charge be removed from my credit card, or I would go to the credit card company and report it as fraudulent. Eventually, after checking with her "manager", she offered to cancel the $300 charge if I would pay for that one month - $30. I agreed (just to end this nightmare), and they removed the charge, but kept e-mailing me saying people were looking for me. Interestingly, during my "paid month" they gave me addresses for two people I have been unable to find through any other source. Both addresses, of course, were fraudulent. I hope this lawsuit succeeds and this site is shut down.

• Sc
    scam slave Aug 19, 2012

I wish I knew how to start a blog so I could inform the whole world about Mylife.com. I was fortunate enough not to get scamed but unfortunately I was the one scamming people. I use to work for Alta resources which is a company that mylife.com hires to be their call center. So the people that answer the phones when you call to inquire about the product or charge are not even employees of mylife.com. They are employees of Alta, slaves of mylife.com, their biggest clients. They are all super young college students who really don’t care if you get scamed or not. I would speak up to my supervisors and say this is wrong we are tricking people and stealing their money by the minute, but it was not their problem we just worked for the client so we followed policy. The people on the emails that are claimed to be searching for you, well they really are real people whether they put in a fake name or not is on them. But the system let’s every john smith know that Jane doe was searching for that name not necessarly you. That is how they lure you in. Line’em and hook em and eventually sink ya. There is so much more I would love to say. I was hoping this lawsuit would take off in full effect for the nation to see but it is not getting much attention. We need to change that. Bottom line when you call demand a refund for as far back as you can. If they say oh sorry ma’am we can’t refund you that far back its a lie….just say any of these magic words. BETTER BUSINESS BUREU, ATTORNEY GENERAL OR DISPUTE WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. PLEASE stay away from the site Don’t even pull up the website they have a new system that will make mylife your homepage and if you log in even one time it will log you in automatically because it’s set to remember. They take advantage of older people who are not computer savy and their fine print is their secret weapon. If you have questions I’m happy to answer!