Having problems with MyLife?

907 Westwood Blvd, № 359
Sat6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

charging without authorization

I joined because if you don't, no information is transparent. Six months for $9.95. Now this month I got charged $9.95 AGAIN. That was not authorized. Is there any attorneys reading this that want to file a class action law suit? By what I am reading these people that run this company are scammers. I am also contacting the attorney general of my state. This is nonsense if they think they are going to charge my card every month, and the on top of it I don't have access to the site. I had access to the site once. On top of it, the reason I got involved with this is that they bated me by saying someone was looking for me. We happen to have a family, member that we are searching for.

• Da
    Danielle Dec 29, 2010

I think everyone on here is very funny and beyond ignorant! OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ PEOPLE! You talk about this company like they put a gun to your head and made you enter your credit card information to sign up. It is all your choice and you get options to choose from on the subscriptions they offer. I went to MyLife.com last night and before I went I came here to see what people have to say and to tell you the truth the people on here are just plain stupid and have no business talking about this company at all! MyLife.com puts it very clear the terms and the charges. Right where you enter your credit card information it tells you the charge for the term you select and that all accounts are set to renew unless you cancel before the anniversary date. It also states there all charges are NON-REFUNDABLE. All that information is right there before you click the continue button. I don't understand how the heck someone can't see that. No it is not small light grey writing. Sounds like people on here are either blind or need to adjust their computer moniter brightness. I think people on here need to learn to read or stay away from the internet. If you want the service just make sure you read everything. It says $9.95/month not $9.95 for the whole 12 months. People, seriously, open your eyes and read! Don't blame the company for YOUR stupidity!!!

sucker born every minute

As pt barney once said, there is a sucker born every minute. Now i've lived 66 years and thought i'd managered to get around most of them but this new one from "my life" beats all. It sounded intriqueing as I was told that five women were searching for me. Another come on and I plain ignorned it. Saw a price of $9.95 to find out who they were so went ahead and filled out the credit card info request only I use a debit card so a quick look at my bank saw a charge for $119.40 that I did not authoriz. A quck call (The very net morning) explaining that I did not want the service and never sawa charge for $119.40. I was informed that the prices are clearly indicated at $9.95 per month with a one-year contract. Raised holy hell only to get hung up on. Placed a second call that seemed to be going better until I asked if this was a scan. Instantly hung up on. 3rd call did offer some form of relief. A $77.00 credit to my credit card but i'm suck with a non-renewable 90 account that I have no intention of using at those five women turned out to be men in states that i've never lived in.

Service at my life is non existent as the wait time for my three calls was almost two hours.

• Ro
    Rox1SMF Apr 02, 2011

The same thing happened to me yesterday/today, except no one ever answered the phone and now I can't get into the site to delete the account either. No service was provided and I can't reach them to cancel, so I've stopped the charge with my bank and filed a dispute. I have to get a new debit card now, too. Eff these scamming SOBs!

I want my money back

does anyone know how to unsubscibe or for that matter even how to log in they withdrawed money from my account i didnt authorize it i want my 36 bucks i can't even find a place to login i sure as hell dont want to register and let them takre more

• De
    Desertgrass Feb 05, 2010

I was charged an unauthorized fee of $60 on my credit card on 1/6/10.

• Hc
    HCColeman Sep 17, 2010

Try calling 888 704 1900. I received a $77 refund already in my bank

• Hc
    HCColeman Sep 17, 2010

Try calling their customer service number at 888-704-1900. Took me three repeated calls as my first two were hung up on. It can work if your persistent...

• Bu
    burketylertx Sep 28, 2010

The website My Life (formerly Reunion) took an automatic payment from my bank acct. Less than 2 weeks after the withdrawal I requested that the service be canceled. I was told that they do not issue refunds. So I am stuck with a 12 month membership that I do not want. It is a worthless service.

• De
    denpp420 Sep 30, 2010

Contact your bank and put a stop payment on the automatic withdrawal. it may cost you $28.00 but it will stop that company from making any further withdrawals.

jan mccleery brown Nov 16, 2011

for over a year mylife reunion has been withdrawing $38.00 every 3 mos . i have called them . they say they will cancel . i have never authorized thi company to withdrawn anything

scamming mylife.com

We don't know if these positive comments are from mylife.com owners or employees. What I do suggest is that maybe if you have information on this site register again with different information. Disinformation is the best policy. Change your birth date, town you live in, phone numbers marital status, make up names of relatives etc. Inundate them with disinformation to make their information incorrect. It may also protect you against identify theft. Any reputable company will get your information from you as an individual rather than a site like classmates, mylife, reunion etc. Good luck.

stealing money from my account

when i receive my bank report i saw that this website had stolen money from my account.this kind of website...

totally bogus

After multiple solicitations from this company, including complete information about anyone who might be looking for me {I was told 128 people were trying to find me} I gave in and submitted a one month membership.

Well, Joe Shmo was one of the people, as well as many people with my same name. No one meaningful in any way ran a search for me. Not only that but the info provided is largely links to other sites that want me to pay for their information. So, first you're enticed to join on false promises, and then they have the nerve to enroll you in an automatic monthly membership that they will collect with no renewal permission from you. This site is the worst. Don't waste your money.

• I0
    I'mNoFool Sep 06, 2010

Anyone that even imagines anything like this to be legit is not living in the present. 99% of the adds you see on TV are scams. ANYTHING that includes the word "Free" is laughable. I would say that it would be much easier to start a forum about the adds that are NOT scams and save all this bandwidth. Required reading on the increasing stupidity of the masses would be a nice place to start a basic education before anyone buys anything. America is starting wars and killing millions thanks to the ###s that fall for the largest scam of all. Shameful.

• Ka
    karina benaissa Oct 05, 2012

I nearly had a nervous breakdown after a couple of hours crying after seeing my own father on this horrific site. He had abused my sister, resulting in her own mental illness and criminal behavior which caused her to be sent to prison for 10 years. She, I and my other sister haven't contacted him for nearly 20 years because of all the horror. 5 years ago, my sister got out of prison and I've been hoping she can finally have some peace and happiness; then I see this mind-blowing piece of crap that shows that both my sisters are somehow suddenly back on friendly terms with that monstronsity. I nearly disowned my family as a whole because I thought they were literally insanely self/destructrive for so easily reconnecting with my father... but it was just some trite marketing ###. I hate your guts, MyLife.com. You know NOTHING about MY life, you are a fraud, a horror, and stay the hell out of business that is beyond your ability to fathom. You ZERO. Rot in hell, if only I believed it existed. Die in obscurity and heinously, you ###.

fraudulent activity

This company entices buyers by claiming that 'someone' is searching for them and having buyers pay to find out who. The 'someone' in question is a made-up individual.

I was searching online for a friend with whom I'd like to get back in touch. The MyLife.com results were at the top of the page, so I clicked on it. I had to register (for 'free') to see the results; I used a very very old zip code instead of my real one.

ML stated that someone was searching for me in that zip code, and that I'd have to pay to see the results. I don't mind paying for this service and have done so on legitimate sites without any concerns in the past. This time, however, the name that came up was 'Grovia Paxton' and Paxton's only connection on the site was the company CEO. This sound made-up to me, but just to be sure I checked my own profile to see if ML's CEO is like MySpace's Tom - he's everyone's first connection...nope. So I logged out and entered the same search with a new 'free' registration where everything was the same except the zip code. After paying for that subscription (just to see what happened), it turned out that Grovia Paxton also lived in that town and was looking for me.

After canceling both subscriptions and looking at various chat and complaint boards, it seems this company has moved from shady dealings to outright fraud. I'll be contacting the BBB and FBI as well, but thought I'd leave a note here reminding people to be wary. This is a new twist on their old, questionable model.

rip off

my complaint is that since 2008 they(mylife.com formerly reunion.com) have been charging me $36 every 3 months for the use of their site which has come up as not reliable on my computer... which I haven't used since 2008 and had no clue then or now that the charge was for every 3 months.. granted I should have been looking at my credit card bill more closely on a monthly bases... instead I was looking but apparently on the wrong months...Ihaven't used their site since 2008 the year of my class reunion... had no realization or do I recall seeing on their site where it mentioned that it was $144 a YEAR... that they were charging me every 3 months ... I hate websites that you have to look around for the place where you have to uncheck a box that will automatically bill you... that should be against the law... you should have to check a box when you sign up that you intend to keep using this site indefinably . That would be the honest approach to business, and heaven forbid we should try an honest approach..Thats my complaint. I don't know whose listening or who cares but I think that it is totally dishonest. Maybe the government should take that up ... maybe that would be something they could agree on and actually pass in less than a year... thanks for allowing me to vent...Judy

• Hu
    Human Food Factor Jan 27, 2011

This company has a scam website. NOT FREE and can fool you instantaneously charge you $108 for nothing!! Claims of having found people, then it isn't true. RIP OFFFFFF!!!

• Hu
    hudsonparsons Mar 23, 2011

Same for me. A scam. A ripoff. They only got $11.95 x 2 = $23.xx from me. They promised several finds of family members searching for me and they were ALL wrong. I can't believe that they are still able to be in business based upon the scams that they are doing.

Johnsrhon Aug 30, 2012

They did the same to me. Is there anyway to get the money they stole

• St
    Stephi Gramann Jun 11, 2018

Me too...11.95 x2. & NO REPORT! Complete B.S.

mylife refuses to remove info

My life has my info posted on their website. I wrote them instructing them to immediately remove my info. They responded that I had to call them [protected] & speak with them in person. I responded they have my request in writing and to immediately comply with removing info. They flat out refuse.

[protected] is a scam! and my info is still listed! >:-(

Isn't this against privacy laws once a company has been contacted in writing to remove personal information they refuse to comply?

unauthorized billing

I originally signed up for Reunion.com almost 3 years ago and paid for only 1 month to see what some people had sent me through the messaging system they had. For the rest of the almost 3 years I have not been charged or even used the site anymore but my account was still there.

Just recently Aug 2010 I got an email from MyLife.com (I guess they purchased Reunion.com) that my yearly subscription will be billed (at the time would be billed in 4 days) to my credit card. I didn't even know what Mylife.com was. So I went on the internet to check it out and found they own Reunion.com. So I logged on the Reunion.com and checked my account settings and they had been changed to a yearly subscription that renews automatically. I changed the settings to not renew automatically and went to cancel my account and I found out I had to call and cancel. So I called the number and canceled my account and that wasn't any problem (I will be checking my account closely to see if all my changes worked). I did get a confirmation from the person on the phone and I got her name and documented the date and time but I did not get any email confirmation but that might not be necessary.

The part that I found very deceitful is that they switched my account to a yearly subscription that automatically renews yearly without me actually being the person to make that change. This is a really underhanded company you should steer clear of this one!!!

Joseph N. Williams Aug 25, 2011

We are currently investigating MyLife, and are looking to learn as much as we can about consumers' experiences with the company and its billing practices. If you have had any experience with MyLife, then please feel free to contact me at the following:

Joseph N. Williams
    Price Waicukauski & Riley, LLC
    317.633.8787
    [email protected]
    www.price-law.com

unauthorized removal of money from my account

I purchased My Life which finds long lost friend or relatives for $38.00. Then when I checked with my bank, someone was charging me $18.95 per inquiery. This is the first time I ever used my check card over the internet. The bank gave me the number to call this person and the first thing that came out of his mouth was---my lawyer said this is perfectley legal and the hung up. My bank told me he tried to withdraw money from my account 3 times and keeps trying at $18.95 a wack. I cancelled everything--bank account and My life. The person the bank gave to be was adresses as such (phone agent @cs.com) and that's it. My life told me they know nothing about these other transactions and deny any knowledge of knowing any "phone agent @cs.com"
THE PEOPLE AT MY LIFE REFUSED TO GIVE ME THEIR LAST NAMES THEY ARE EDDIE AND BRIDGET MyLife.com 2118 Willshire box 1008 Santa Monica Ca [protected]

Sabrina Lufkin Nov 03, 2010

My card was charge by the company fraudently ($84.00). Someone used my credit card information; but they did not have the correct Name and DOB on the subscriber's profile. They committed to refund my money in 7-10 days. Since reading all the blogs, I wonder ifbthis was done by the company itself.. All I can say is "malicious" BEWARE...

misrepresent fees

The "My Life"Search offer misrepresented the fees. I found the actual fee for "Premium" membership in my junk mail! Instead of the $7.00 they first listed I was billed for $95.00. Also the two people who supposedly were searching for me (and the reason I gave my credit card # which I thought would be billed for seven something) are already on my e-mail list. What can I do?

Myrliss Hershey
[protected]@aol.com

• To
    Tomzstang Jul 06, 2010

You probably signed up for the trial period and since you didn't cancel at the end, they charged you a regular subscription rate.
    Call them and cancel NOW! complain and they may refund you the $95

credit card charge scam

Golden rule to remember before giving your credit card number online. Always remember, theres no such thing...

has my personal data

I was on facebook and mylife.com popped up. Gave my name and age. Up popped my birthdate and deceased husband name. They asked for my maiden name to sign on. Then they would have all the need to steal my identity. I have never gone to the site. How did they get my birthdate and my ex-husbands name. Anyone with my name and age could get the same info. Very bad

joe Jun 22, 2010

sandra:

I am an attorney that handles internet privacy cases. Interesting point about your personal info showing up on your page. Since it was a pop up then it was only seen by you.

I would see if any of your facebook friends were supplied any info about your info from this group.

Were they showing you a list of people with your same name and info, so you picked which one was your info, or did they show only your info.

Feel free to email me, in confidence, and info if you want to chat about this matter.

attorney Joe malley
    dallas texas
    [email protected]

Ps: Since you noted facebook, take a look at the... lane v facebook... class action. I was the attorney that initially research and filed that case, and one of the class counsel.

Chris Longski Nov 01, 2010

Let's be clear about this: MyLife.com got your personal information from a weasel data-mining company. Where did the data mining company get your personal information ? By trolling and buying it. Where did they buy it ? Oh, the credit reporting agencies, anywhere you ever typed in personal information on the web, public records, court records...

Face it - you personal data is now a commodity to be bought and sold - and it is...

The more you type in, the more they get. Strictly warn companied NOT to sell your personal data and CODE your persona info you give them so you know when they sell it ! For instance, add a Jr. or Sr. or III etc to your name, or give your address as it is, then add "Lot # 14325" or "Mailstop 312" etc. Then keep a little Excel list of the unique identifiers you gave, and, like, be totally on top of it and CALL the weasels who sold you out. They'll lie like idiots until you tell them you coded the data you gave them, and can PROVE they sold. The weasels sing a different tune then...

• Vi
    Victim # 2 Dec 20, 2013

Mylife has posted my data, too. And most of it is wrong. All over sudden I am related and associated with people I do not know. After checking on those people I found out that some of them are criminals. The only thing they got right was my e mail address. I am very careful about the internet and hardly put any personal data out. I do not have public profiles and the same e mail address since the past 18 years. I tried to get this information taken off, but it is a waste of time and energy. This are the dangers of the internet. No wonder people lie constantly. Mylife can go and eff themselves.

charging more then they stated

so mylife.com sent me an email saying they found an old friend i was looking for. and when i opened the email i clicked on the click here to see more info link and they had a thing on there that said they dropped the price to $9.95 for a year from $119.95. they dont have an i accept the charges or terms and conditions box. what they have written at the very bottom under the payment box in light grey wording is what they actualy charged me.you really dont even realize what it says or notice it tell after you have put in your account info for your atm or credit card. its not fear and its misleading.

• Jm
    jmm57 Apr 10, 2010

was told would only charge for only one month not 12 up front, now it over drawn me and I got a 34.00 dollar charge for it not a good way to run a business. I've ran three if I have done that, won't last long, just a matter of time. John Myers 937-594-0294

• Sm
    SmartrNow Dec 02, 2010

The same thing happened to me just last night!!! I am very annoyed and am having an investigation done by my banking institution. This is very misleading and I will be making EVERYONE I know aware to beware of this site.

• Da
    Danielle Dec 29, 2010

• Ta
    Tad Teays Mar 06, 2011

I got swindled by these folks just like you. Was told "someone is looking for you"... problem was it is from 4 years ago. Then they take a whole year from my credit card instead of one month as advertised. I am also looking at the fine print on their repost to the Visa card complaint and I am signed up for an automatic renewal at one year. BEWARE! DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!

jody white Jun 17, 2011

took 130.00 when it was 13:00

jody white Jun 17, 2011

I sign up for 1 month on my life and they took 130.00 dollors when it was supose to be 13.00. hopefully my bank will put it back

• Os
    Osugirl11 Aug 18, 2011

Signed up for one year at 11.95 and got charged for $143.95. Major scam

money removed from bank account

Hello my name is estela my debit card was charge almost a year every single month my life. Reunion take...

over charging

This company kerpt poppingup on facebook claiming that people were looking for me. i clicked on it it took me to the website stating 3people looking for me. They offered 1 year premium membership for $7.95 and then Charged my visa $95.40 without my consent. THERE IS NO DISCLAIMER STATE THAT IT WAS A MONTHLY CHARGE AND WOULD BE BILLED ALL AT ONCE. I IMMEDIATELY TRIED TO CANCEL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS YET TO REPLY. THEY CLAIM THEY WILL RESPOND IN 24 HOURS. ALSO THE PEOPLE THEY CALIM ARE LOOKING FOR ME ARE MADE UP. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!!

• Ra
    Rafael26 Feb 23, 2011

MyLife.com formerly known as Reunion.com, is a people search website where you are able to obtain information for someone who you are currently looking to be reunited with. You join the website, select your membership, decide if a 1 month plan works for you, or even a 12 month plan depending on your need. All subscriptions are paid upfront for the full term. All memberships are set to automatically renew unless that feature is turned off before hand. You are able to do this by going to your settings under your My Account, and selecting the off feature or by calling Customer Care. The subscription allows you to conduct unlimited searches in order to obtain a telephone number or address. Public information is obtained thru a third party. If you conduct a search for someone be specific, include an age, a recent location, narrow down your search. If no information for a name is found, an account will generate, until that person who you are currently searching for creates an account. As a paid member, you are also able to conduct messages to reunite with another user. Remember, if you send a message to a name created profile, that other user will not be able to read or reply until a subscription is selected. There are also more features and benefits for being a paid member! MyLife is not a fraudulent company, don't blame the company for your lack of responsibility by not reading the terms and conditions. Affiliations with other companies are selected by you. Once a membership is selected, you will be directed to an affiliated partner, you choose to opt out on special offers, if you don't, you will subscribe to their services.

*Always read the fine print when signing up for a non-refundable subscription.

It does state that all memberships are billed for the full term.

PHONY CHARGES

Mylifereunion-search.com has an unauthorized debit for $83 to my debit mastercard account. The phone number provided is a phony number that refers you to a wed site you cannot access. Total scam!!! I am not able to dispute it until the pending charges hit my account. Where is the protection for the consumer?

scam / fraud

I tried mylife.com's premium trial membership at a reduced cost for about 3mo. They were unable to find some college buddies I was trying to reconnect with so when the trial period was over I decided to delete my profile and account but was unable to (Sept or oct 2009). I tried calling them to have it removed and was told the hold time would be 30 min or more (I wasn't going to wait that long). So I emailed them and asked that my profile be deleted and account closed, but I never heard back from them. Then last week I was going over old bank accounts and saw that some company called "saveace" was taking out $19. 95 every month. Who the hell is saveace? I called my bank and discovered that mylife.com is affiliated with them. I tried calling the number for saveace and got a recording saying this number is no longer in service. I did finally reach saveace via the phone and they claim I signed up for their 7 day free trial through mylife. Really??? And since I didn't cancel after the 7 days, that automatically authorized them to remove $19. 95 from my account every month for my membersip. Did I unknowingly click onto something on mylife or how did this happen? Or are they a part of some scam or set up? I never received any confirmation from either mylife or saveace about any such free trial or membership. And I did not authorized mylife to give saveace my personal information, especially my banking info. I never received any welcome package from saveace or a membership number. And after a computer search i've discovered that thousands of people have been a victim of this scam. I think the fbi needs to get involved. Or a story on 60 min. Should be done to alert people. I had to cancel my atm card and file a fraud complaint with my bank.

whitdra money from my banck

I was searching for a long time friend, I supposed get chard about $6.00 dollars bot, they whitdra about $75.00