MWEB.co.za — Hacking of email accounts
A client of mine had lots of problems with his email account being hacked. Apart from the fact that the support he got from Mweb was bad, I now traced at least one possible hacker.
My client received and email from a [protected]@mweb.co.za regarding SSL upgrades and a link to reactivate incoming messages.
I know this is not true and traced an email for [protected]@gmail.com embedded in the website where the link pointed. I hope you can catch this guy.
The email he received:
Sent: 03 August 2018 05:20 AM
Subject: Email Alert
Your Mweb email will stop receiving incoming messages after 24hrs due to SSL upgrades on our server, Click here to reactivate your incoming message log
This update will immediately help your email receive all of your incoming emails. failure to do this will stop you from receiving messages
More MWEB.co.za Complaints & Reviews
- MWEB - stay far away from mweb 
- MWEB - signed me up for an additional two year contract (without my consent or knowledge) when all I did was change my package option. 
- MWEB - unlawfull debit orders 
- MWEB.co.za - email address was cancelled - mweb does not even read all my emails
- MWEB - blanket increase in price for adsl 
- MWEB.co.za - fibre is down for five days now!
- MWEB.co.za - internet line speed
- MWEB - lte
- MWEB.co.za - showmax setup - from united kingdom
- MWEB.co.za - mweb fibre